• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

It appears that Rei and Zen have gotten character trailers of their own.

Did I hear Rei say "Zen, I'm sorry" at the end of her trailer?

>it's not just games

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Amusement Park confirmed

Persona series (really took off after 4) branched and expanded out of video-games for awhile now. It's a hot IP and they are thinking of different ways of making that $$$ while the popularity exists. They went beyond simple merchandise campaigns.

SMT: Persona Museum
SMT: Persona Wildlife Preserve
SMT: Persona Animal Crackers (find the penguin to win a prize!)
SMT: Persona Online Dating Site
SMT: Persona Comic Books
SMT: Persona Boat Tours

Forget about year of Atlus, try CENTURY

the bow guy is a persona

calling it now!
im glad Im not the only one thinking about that

so... i finished reading the interview.

THIS FUCKER COMPLETELY IGNORED PERSONA 1&2 AND THE COLOSSAL CONTRIBUITION OF KAZUMA KANEKO!

Bah! he can burn to hell for all i care.

Reactions: DDB
yeah magus. Calm your fuckin' tits. Jesus...

Edit:

you know what? I am gonna say something here.

I dont care that this Kazuma guy hasnt been mentioned, or that he's not around anymore.

I like the more colorful and vibrant design of the new games over the, for lack of a better word, washed out colors of the older ones.

also, I can see why it makes sense that he wouldn't talk about P1 or P2 because they AREN'T the ones that made the Persona franchise skyrocket in popularity as P3 and P4 did. it's not a bad thing he didn't talk about the "pure" or Kazuma Kaneko being involved is because that's not the one people care about. no one cares about the ones that arent trendy or don't have spinoffs.

hell, Kazuma hasn't been doing designs in persona games for OVER 13 YEARS. and no, I am not counting the PSP remake because he didn't make any designs for it, he just directed them. and even then that game came out almost 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
ok, i'll cool down. bit this is like forgetting miyamoto ever existed if you make a new mario game without him.

ok, i'll cool down. bit this is like forgetting miyamoto ever existed if you make a new mario game without him.
but you're referring to a guy who just drew the characters and monsters. he didn't invent persona! thats nowhere NEAR the same level as Miyamoto being forgotten!

kiddo, from the company mascot down to 90% of the characters in the series pre-persona 3, you can safely assume that he set the stone on the aesthethics ambient and mood that followed the entire meta-series. He created the "image" of the series and a decent ammout of the company's work for the public

Just Amano and Nomura created square's image. Even today, Nomura doesn't forget Amano's influence over Final Fantasy and Square's evolution. From time to time he hemembers the old man in an interview (not so much now because Amano works on another company)

Er, actually Kaneko was the guy who did a lot of the original Persona games. You can tell because Persona 2's cast has the famous porcelain look the mainline series is known for.

Hashino apparently doesn't talk about the old games because he knows they're Kaneko's babies and he wants to respect that. This interview is talking about modern Persona, so there's really no need to bring it up anyway.

Reactions: DDB and Jutsei
kiddo

okay, first of all.
Don't. Call. Me. "Kiddo". I dont care how old you are compared to me or WHATEVER, I don't like being referred to in a sense that I'm being talked down to. Derogatory is fine though.

Er, actually Kaneko was the guy who did a lot of the original Persona games. You can tell because Persona 2's cast has the famous porcelain look the mainline series is known for.

Hashino apparently doesn't talk about the old games because he knows they're Kaneko's babies and he wants to respect that. This interview is talking about modern Persona, so there's really no need to bring it up anyway.
well, yeah. that's true.
again, I really don't think its an issue at all how original Persona isn't in the spotlight or as popular as modern Persona.

you guys can see why I'm more receptive to modern Persona over older way back when on this thread, so I won't get into it.

You guys know I'm fine with whatever Persona does SO LONG AS IT'S NOT GODAMN DEMON NEGOTIATIONS!

I am cool with everything else.

kYsEFvL.jpg

okay, first of all.
Don't. Call. Me. "Kiddo". I dont care how old you are compared to me or WHATEVER, I don't like being referred to in a sense that I'm being talked down to. Derogatory is fine though.

I call everyone kiddo or dood. it works on any gender and reminds everyone that they were young one day. Not looking/talking down upon anyone. Trust the good ol' Duke: you'll know if i mean to offend someone

Sorry for the double post but new Persona Q character trailers are out:

Yukari

Junpei

Pie, you could quintuple post and it would be okay. Keeping us up to date with new trailers and info is great, thanks.

Junpei blushing at Chie?

New ship, guys

Junpei hits on everyone, that's nothing new.

By the way, unlike Chie blushing, he actually does hit on them.

Junpei hits on everyone, that's nothing new.

By the way, unlike Chie blushing, he actually does hit on them.

Now I'm imagining Junpei and Chie just going around kicking the asses of people they like.

"Akihiko, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Chie was just hitting on me again."

Im stoked with all the Persona titles on the way; P5, P4Au, PQ.
Any word on when the P4AU update drops?

in Japan anyway. it might not come till late fall early winter for us.

I'm curious to see the patch notes for Elizabeth and Naoto.

New Persona Q Character trailers are out!

Teddie (or Kuma.. pick your poison)

Aigis

I wish I could get Persona Q. Maybe I'll get a 3DS just for this, lol.

in Japan anyway. it might not come till late fall early winter for us.

If ASW US was doing the translation maybe but I'm pretty sure Atlus US is going to do the translation like they probably did with the first game. Don't really see why it shouldn't take roughly the same amount of time to localize as the first game.

I'm curious to see the patch notes for Elizabeth and Naoto.

You can find Naoto's changes in the opening post of her gameplay thread on Dustloop. Liz is a little bit more tricky. She had a lot of changes to her specials concerning Normal Liz vs in Awakening Liz and there hasn't been much footage of Liz at high level play so :S

Teddie's Bearscrew looking to be too stronk.

Just like in Arena

Teddie's Bearscrew looking to be too stronk.

Just like in Arena
You want Arena stuff that's too stronk, ask Yu, Aigis, or Mitsuru.

Does Labrys count? I know she is slow and all, but she gets stronger with each hit she connects.

Does Labrys count? I know she is slow and all, but she gets stronger with each hit she connects.
Also Labrys is moe beyond moe.

Competitive-wise, she's apparently one of the worst characters in the game, though that doesn't say much considering how almost anyone can beat anyone.

Oh well. *is low-tier main*