• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

oh her sp boost symbol is gone what could it mean

So it's like Adachi (he had three before) where the final persona card count wasn't decided yet. Wow this makes Elizabeth look tame in comparison if she is that persona dependent which I guess makes sense if she is using multiple personas. I doubt she will ever get persona broken if a competent player uses her, but holy shit being persona broken is gonna hurt tons. Being silenced feels like it will be a bitch for her too.

Edit: ah looks like she doesn't have auto SP gain like Elizabeth anymore. Could be many reasons why like she isn't meter dependent, they didn't want her similar to Liz, etc.

dbmHfhc.jpg

Marge's been taking lessons from Captain Falcon apparently.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Well shit Marge I guess you don't want me to play anyone else

Maybe it's a super where she sacrifices SP Regen for extra cards

Nah. Nobody up to this point has been able to alter the amount of persona cards they have. Plus, I don't think any of the personas she uses are meant to be buffers.

I just feel like pointing out that I think P4A/P4AU has hands-down the coolest VS. screens in any fighting game.

persona_4_arena_ultimax_5.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Any fighting game? Now, I wouldn't say that.

To each their own, to each their own. I just find P4A's to be especially badass and hype.

I'll have to agree with that. It is pretty stylish.

Plus the announcer never fails to generate maximum hype
I'm glad we got new lines this time too

"THIS WILL BE A FIERCE CONTEST" is my fave

By the way, I know there are multiple endings to P4, should I just go ahead and do the true ending or go for a different one?

Go for the True Ending if you're up to it, it sheds some light on otherwise dangling plot threads. But the final dungeon and the final boss are a royal pain in the ass, so personally, I prefer the normal ending.

Edit: Or you can be a fucking monster and get the bad ending.

Like I did the first time I played, for kicks.

Margaret will fight with three personas. So I think there's three card for each persona. This is interesting

Margaret will fight with three personas. So I think there's three card for each persona. This is interesting
I doubt it

Go for the True Ending if you're up to it, it sheds some light on otherwise dangling plot threads.

sooo the normal endling's like the coffin ending in 999? i don't know if you've played it, but it was basically a waste of time.

Screw the coffin ending. That was hella dumb... now about that axe ending...

If they did, there would be an indication, like a 3 by 3 grid of cards showing which persona lost which card.

Sounds more like what others have suggested in that she'll be completely dependent on her Personas to generate offense. Makes me wonder what kind of non-Persona attacks she'll have...

She'll probably smack 'em with that dusty old tome like her sis does
I'd also wager different types of Persona card attack formations from Liz as well

I'd like her throw to be the first few seconds of this too (yeah I know Yukiko's throw is this already hush now):

Last edited:
I know right
She fits Vivian's personality and powers to a t

oh look
best girl goombella is best girl chie
artist knew their stuff

does this Yukiko is actually a boy in the Japanese version?

It's not as bad as you would think. All of Junpei's bat moves reflect projectiles, and Yukari's a Hawkeye-style zoner.

he has to hit them first
and based on that title of his, he ain't getting any runs anytime soon

Junpei's a dick to everyone and his persona is shit

Yosuke's a dick to everyone but you AND his persona is super rad

clearly Yosuke's the superior choice

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Think about what you are doing with that debate
We have been argument free for at least 15 pages

Plz

Yosuke foreva

Reactions: shoryusatsu999