• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

My Thanksgiving break will be spent looking for streams of people playing it.

I know I said it before, but I'll say it again: I hope they made Dojima a navigator. Put in Detective Kurosawa for balance between the sides if ya want.

Maybe Shrine Fox and Koromaru can be navis too.

Persona 4: Cooking with Yu (featuring Gordon Ramsay as the narrator)

I was thinking Persona 4: The Chie vs. Yukiko Ultra Cooking Challenge and have Yosuke and Teddie have to taste everything they cook.

I was thinking Persona 4: The Chie vs. Yukiko Ultra Cooking Challenge and have Yosuke and Teddie have to taste everything they cook.

Rise as a cook and Nanako as a judge is DLC.

Oh Jesus I just imagined Ramsey's voice coming out of Nanako's body just scolding Rise for her volcanic level spicy omelet.

I'm dying here.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Got 2 go fast.
1384929056753.png

Got 2 go fast.

Yosuke's face position...

it's perfect.

Also we all know Makoto riding a motorcycle in the P3 movie trailer confirms a Persona racing game anyway

Persona is half of the reason I'm keeping my PS3 around- it's the only game I like from Arc (other than BF) The other half is Love Max.

P5 sounds hype as well.

Apparently, from the video, there might be two versions of Sho, one of which has no persona. PersoNO!Sho's name's written in kanji, while Persona!Sho's is in katakana. Also, the artwork that appears when they do a super is different between the two.

Also, Adachi's getting involved. Probably not fightable right now, but he's definitely got something to do with P4U2.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold is coming to the PS3 next year

Some shadow battles are shown in this video. Shadow Yukiko at 0:50 (I don't think we've seen her before)

From the live stream footage, skip to 21:55 for P4U2 footage.
Watch past the trailer there is more stuff not included in it, including an Adachi in-game sprite (Wasn't shown fighting though).

Would be a waste if he was never playable (Game really needed a more evil character beyond the shadows). My guess is he will be an arcade time limited CPU character and you will fight him near the end of the arcade mode.

By Izanami's panties, I did not see ALL OF THIS coming.
Persona overload. I don't know if my body is even ready yet.

Dear Atlus,
Get me a decent European release date for P4C and I'll absolve you of all your sins. At least make it region-free.

That feel when you add 2 games to your "Must Buy" list.
feels-good-man-goat-squint-12883904505.jpg

(Mine is very pro-ana, so I do get pretty happy to see more games I want to buy, especially when I'm not interested in a PS4 right now.)

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I jut caught wind of this right now but from what I've been reading, Atlus trolled every shade of crap out of the fanbase by announcing the spin offs of first and apparently folks we're all "Dance game? Atlus is DEAD!" and then culminate with the long awaited P5 announcement. Must have been awkward for those folks. :P

I hope Adachi in P4C isn't just a NPC like Rise. It's really the only character I want in the game (and Nurse Cougar).

Also, I just remembered SEGA are going to have their diseased mitts all over this. Get ready for Platinum Games contract 2: Electric Boogaloo, only this time, it lasts forever.
I don't want to think SEGA are stupid enough to not localize what is arguably Atlus' flagship series...but they are stupid enough to not localize their own best series (Ryu ga Gotoku). I guess the one good thing about SEGA taking over is that there's better odds of a timely PAL release...of course, we're all getting the game schedule for 2014 in 2017. orz

I still don't care if the games get region locked. =w= I dont import cuz I wan't to support the release of the game in my own country.

I jut caught wind of this right now but from what I've been reading, Atlus trolled every shade of crap out of the fanbase by announcing the spin offs of first and apparently folks we're all "Dance game? Atlus is DEAD!" and then culminate with the long awaited P5 announcement. Must have been awkward for those folks. :P

I hope Adachi in P4C isn't just a NPC like Rise. It's really the only character I want in the game (and Nurse Cougar).

Also, I just remembered SEGA are going to have their diseased mitts all over this. Get ready for Platinum Games contract 2: Electric Boogaloo, only this time, it lasts forever.
I don't want to think SEGA are stupid enough to not localize what is arguably Atlus' flagship series...but they are stupid enough to not localize their own best series (Ryu ga Gotoku). I guess the one good thing about SEGA taking over is that there's better odds of a timely PAL release...of course, we're all getting the game schedule for 2014 in 2017. orz

Sega has said they arent gonna be a burden to the persona games dude. they've already assured the public that the major money makers of Atlus will be fine. We still will get the etrians, and the SMTs, and them personas. don't worry about it.

Arc started with the announcement of Chronophantasma on not 360 and I thought:
"Eh, no big deal. Maybe next version."
Then they announced Xrd on not 360 and I was like:
"PROFOUND SADNESS . . . "
Now that P4C is announced on not 360 with adachi(!?) now its just:
"3 games I want and no way to play them? godammit." ;_;

I really dont want to sound like a jerk, but if one likes Japanese games I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't have a PS3 by now.

Reactions: EA575 and Jutsei
It's still so much to take in.
And I want them ALL
EVEN THE DANCING GAME.
Persona has good music
Rhythm games are fun to play to good music
PUT THE TWO TOGETHER YA GOT SOMETHING GREAT

I do hope adachi is playable, I liked him a lot in P4 in general, also I cant stand xbox so it being on PS3 is no skin off my nose.

I really dont want to sound like a jerk, but if one likes Japanese games I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't have a PS3 by now.
It didn't seem like a problem when the previous versions of all those games were available on 360.

Oh well, I'll look into a cheap ps3 sometime soon. And maybe get one of those cheap sticks they sell during the Road to EVO tourney streams next spring.

It didn't seem like a problem when the previous versions of all those games were available on 360.

Oh well, I'll look into a cheap ps3 sometime soon. And maybe get one of those cheap sticks they sell during the Road to EVO tourney streams next spring.
Don't forget that PS3s will be sold on the cheap due to the advent of the PS4

If you have *any* soldering experience or are willing to get some books out from the library and watch some youtube vids, a dual mod is way cheaper still.

Don't forget that PS3s will be sold on the cheap due to the advent of the PS4
I don't expect to buy anything until next summer anyways.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFPersona 5 is gonna be out and its still Sony exclusive! W00t!

Winter 2014
Friends, winter is coming.

Reactions: SkyKingJ
Judging by that in-game sprite... Adachi doesn't look like anymore than an NPC.

Judging by that in-game sprite... Adachi doesn't look like anymore than an NPC.
dude, they showed off all we need of adachi. he's most likely gonna be playable.

But his sprite is completely stationary and looks to be more detailed. He's almost like a statue. Not playable Adachi.

But his sprite is completely stationary and looks to be more detailed. He's almost like a statue. Not playable Adachi.
ITS A FUCKING REVEAL. I'm sure they were probably like "hey, should we show adachi's playstyle?" "nah, let's just tell people adachi is in the game. they'll go nuts either way."

just because they didnt show him in full doesnt mean he isn't gonna be in the game as a playable character. they didn't show any of Sho's gameplay in the first trailer, they just showed sho's design. I'm sure they're doing the same thing with adachi.

I want him to be playable I do, but without further truth they really could have just revealed him for story purposes it's not impossible, I will again state not in anyway trying to pick a fight or declare him not playable like DDB, but I'd need more to go on before I hype to much.

This is coming form someone who really wants him playable and believes him to be but doesn't wanna hype then feel let down.

Sega has said they arent gonna be a burden to the persona games dude. they've already assured the public that the major money makers of Atlus will be fine. We still will get the etrians, and the SMTs, and them personas. don't worry about it.
I jut have major trust issues with Sega. After Bayonetta PS3 port and Max Anarchy delay, I can't help but assume they're up to the worst. (.__.)

ITS A FUCKING REVEAL. I'm sure they were probably like "hey, should we show adachi's playstyle?" "nah, let's just tell people adachi is in the game. they'll go nuts either way."
Would be a real buzzkill if he's not playable. Showing him off in the middle of such a major event only for it to mean barely anything would rub fans the wrong way. He's a very popular character too. Certainly not one they can use to toy with fans expectations.
#IWantToBelieve

lol if this is one of his intro quotes to Yu...
Is that from P4G? I don't remember the quote from vanilla P4...

Anyway, that should be his quote vs male characters.
z4KPMpD.png