• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I like Doi too. he's a good artist and really can make the characters very expressive.
I mainly like Yasuda for designs, because I love the colors he does for stuff.
like, if you took anything Yasuda drew, and had Doi or Soejima do that same design but in their styles, I think it would look perfect.

although, I am liking everything Toi8 is pumping out.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, English Kanami trailer is out

"Our meat will be extra delicious so be sure to enjoy every last bite!" The poor VA..

It only makes sense someone talking about meat would be so hammy.

okay, I like Kanami's actress.
definitely a better pick than Burch for Rise.

Lines/VA sound really obnoxious. She's Rise 2.0, and Rise was already bad enough.
I don't understand why characters like this are popular, or why we need so many of them.

Reactions: Stairwayyy and DDB
well, I can't get it week one then.

also, idols are a big thing in Japan. that's just how it is.

Doi is trash, Soejima is inoffensive I suppose, Yasuda makes Doi look good, Kaneko is missing. ;_;

Doi is great
he's got the best adaptations of Kaneko's designs
Ulala_remake.png
Just look at how great Ulala is
Doi is great

Teddie P4D dub trailer is out too.
This and that Kanami trailer was cringe.

Ulala for next arena.
this time, with even more censors.

I'll be more specifc, Doi is excellent when it comes to other people's work. Doi is trash when it's his own work.

I've heard Doi's biggest weakness is hair
that said, he can be hit or miss when it comes to that.

Wow... colors...

imagine if they remembered the rest

Maybe then Atlus USA could remember to localize mainline Persona games.

Wow... colors...

imagine if they remembered the rest
oh don't be a big babby. I'm just glad they gave them cameos.

I remember there were people going maximum over-rustle over Miku being in the game.

I would be happy about this,but I still don't see no Maya palette.
C'mon Atlus

Marie getting Sho
fitting how the worst characters just seem gravitated towards each other

Reactions: TechPowah
I'm not to keen about Sho being relegated to a Marie palette, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

here's the English trailers for Kanji and Yosuke.
Kanji's dancing kinda reminds me of a rough EXILE member.
that or it's just his attire.
it's also good to hear a GOOD replacement voice actor for a change

is it just me or has Yuri Lowenthal's Yosuke gotten
more boy-ish over the years
he sounded pretty natural in vanilla P4
now he sounds kinda forced
which
basically reflects the Persona 4 franchise

Reactions: Stairwayyy
it could be harder for him to do it because of age, I mean he's been in voice acting since I was in middle school.
it kinda has a bit of ragged-ness in the trailer.

Kanji's voice actor sounds a bit southern, almost, which is unfitting. He also sounds like he is constantly out of breath, which I thought was a problem with Yu's VA.
Yuri Lowenthal's performance is really disappointing. He did a really good job in Persona 4 and Ultimax, my favorite performance in the game actually, but yeah now he just sounds different.
Everything about this game is just so forced... This just puts a sour taste in my mouth. It's obvious they're milking the original game's popularity as hard as possible. They put no heart in the actual content, but they know it will make money so they don't care.

So I finally got around to playing Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker the other day. I have to say, I might prefer the first game's story and atmosphere overall, but there's something to be said about a game about the apocalypse that still manages to be fittingly light-hearted. It's not even out of place, really, just feels like a couple of kids trying to keep everyone happy and not let everyone get depressed about impending doom. The game's protagonist just might be my favorite MegaTen protagonist ever just from all the silly dialogue choices they give him.

Too bad they threw all that away for the anime just to make an Evangelion clone.

at least the protagonist isn't as whiney as the one in evangellion.

I might prefer the first game's story and atmosphere overall
It was largely a more "anime-y" version of SMT, so that helped.

tbh, I think the whole "Let's Survive" mentality of Devil Survivor is one of the better things to do with apocalypse stuff.

is it just me or has Yuri Lowenthal's Yosuke gotten
more boy-ish over the years
he sounded pretty natural in vanilla P4
now he sounds kinda forced
which
basically reflects the Persona 4 franchise

Yeah his normal tone was fine and now it sounds way too damn high all the time in the other games.

Goddamnit
I thought I wasn't gonna get this game but then that sick Adachi dance choreography was shown to me
Now I'm willing to sacrifice a kidney for this game

oh don't be a big babby. I'm just glad they gave them cameos.

I remember there were people going maximum over-rustle over Miku being in the game.

Miku should've been Rise's Persona

But COME ON. making 3d models for some classic characters (at least their clothing) wouldn't kill!

Maybe then Atlus USA could remember to localize mainline Persona games.
Still waiting for P2: EP on PSP... still waiting for someone to pick that up. And SMT if... is still in fantranslation hell

I was thinking it would come out, but I think they were just gonna release the vita version, and it's the vita, so it's not the best market to try to spend money on here in America.

What? What Vita version?
oh wait, I found a kickstarter image and I guess I forgot about it.
50023-persona-2-eternal-punishment.png

I don't think it's legit.
it'd make no sense to release a PSP game though.