• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

what shenanigans this is
IS gets a fan translation on PS1
and EP gets a fan translation on PSP

it'd make no sense to release a PSP game though.
Actually it would have, a year ago. Not that's exactly relevant since this is a fan translation of the PSP version.

And that picture isn't legit as far as I'm aware, and if they were doing a Vita port I'd imagine they'd just do the duology at this point.

I would just like the optimized psp port because I don't play many rpg's outside of handheld at the moment.
what shenanigans this is
IS gets a fan translation on PS1
and EP gets a fan translation on PSP
P2 EP was released in the states on PS1. IS was not so it got a fan translation back in '06. But we then got P2 IS for the PSP but not EP PSP because of poor sales so now someone is getting around to translating that.

Hatsune whatever trailer I guess but that doesn't matter

Guys I got Nocturne. I can't wait to get fucking destroyed.

Someone on tumblr is hacking Persona 4 to have almost every model be Yosuke rolling in the garbage can. The results are amazing.
tumblr_nswg8w88G81rvep16o1_500.gif

tumblr_nswgklZOdq1rvep16o1_400.gif

tumblr_nswc32hOFB1rvep16o1_500.gif

Wow that Miku trailer was pretty bad. Barely a few seconds of that new remix was played. Hopefully the entire song is posted soon.
Also forgot there was an English Miku. Wonder if Atlus USA will do that.

I hope the english Miku has the hardest fucking Rs.
I wanna hear "Hello Yu NaRRRRRRukami"

I hope the english Miku has the hardest fucking Rs.
I wanna hear "Hello Yu NaRRRRRRukami"
they must be using some pirated Miku software if that was the case

no, that was how it was when her english update first came out.

it was this one song with the specific lyrics "Wendy's on my mind" and everytime there was an R, she would go SUPER hard on it. it was hilarious.

I found it
I exaggerated a bit but you can still tell those are really hard Rs.

It still looks like miku have 4 boobs on the promotional art

It still looks like miku have 4 boobs on the promotional art
no. unless you want to look at those daft punk-ish chest orbs as boobs.
kinda hard for me to look at them like boobs considering Miku is normally flat.

no. unless you want to look at those daft punk-ish chest orbs as boobs.
kinda hard for me to look at them like boobs considering Miku is normally flat.

It's mostly because the top row is positioned directly over her nipples.

yeah, but there's too much of a gap for me to see them as boobs though.

Guys I got some packages yesterday :yyyy

I am so fuckin ready but also so fuckin terrified.
CMyhy6PU8AAeFyp.jpg:large

Reactions: North888
Gotta get that Pikmin in the Demon Compendium.

@BeatNinja
Nocturne is great, remember NOT to ever get rid of the starter Pixie though, you can fuse her, but make sure never to dismiss whatever she ends up being part of.

Mitama's are old rules so they're super useful, do the kalpas before you enter the tower (you'll know), unless you're dead set on magic (which is terrible) go phys, and here's a thing to help with fusion. http://phpsimplicity.com/heretic

And don't forget, reject the gods.

Reactions: BeatNinja
be a dick to your not-friends too they're all shitty

be especially shitty to Isamu
he's the biggest shittypoopoo in the game

Isamu's hat will forever bug me.

There are a few secret bosses hidden in areas you'll have been before. Nothing supremely out of the way, but there are a few hidden right smack dab in the middle of some town areas, which make them kinda annoying when you find them out of nowhere.

Freedom or True Demon Ending. Everything else sucks.

Also remember that both buffs and debuffs are your friend. Always have every single type of buff in your party if possible.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Also remember that both buffs and debuffs are your friend. Always have every single type of buff in your party if possible.

I know this well thanks to SMTIV

I know this well thanks to SMTIV
Probably not well enough, Nocturne is less forgiving, though you'll be in good stead since you have the idea at least.

I take it you haven't played 1 and 2?

Probably not well enough, Nocturne is less forgiving, though you'll be in good stead since you have the idea at least.

I take it you haven't played 1 and 2?

My SMT resume includes SMTIV, P3, P4, and PQ. I'm a wee baby who's about to get his ass kicked.

I'm a wee baby who's about to get his ass kicked.
It's not going to be THAT bad, the games are pretty unforgiving because they're pretty archaic, but you're going in understanding to buff all the time and knowing how to fuse (mostly, since there is some stuff specific to III) so you should have an easier time than what people make it out to be. It's SMT, relax, listen to the music, think about your fusions, you'll have a good time.

Nocturne has a shit compendium sadly, but that's the only real problem I have with the game.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Thanks a bunch guys, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm gonna tackle the DDS games after this methinks.

I'm gonna tackle the DDS games after this methinks.
Don't forget to at least try I and II. They're great, II more so. Persona 2 duology is great as well, has some cool battle mechanics, unfortunately brought down by the fact they make the game easy and menus are a bit tedious, and the Raidou games are worth at least trying because they're unique, I really liked them though the gameplay of the first one gets to be tedious, definitely one of the better written games though (and they have the best soundtracks in the franchise). DDS is cool but I hate not having demons, story is cool if if you're familiar with the mythology (though if you're not, looking it up would spoil some stuff) and the music is good. Let's be honest, Kaneko is pretty much always good.
I have a ROM of SMT with an updated translation and a bunch of fixes including the game breaking law glitch, if you want it when the time comes.

It's not going to be THAT bad, the games are pretty unforgiving because they're pretty archaic,

I agree with everything but this. Nothing about Nocturne is archaic. Nocturne's strength is that it takes the archetypal dungeon crawl jrpg and streamlines it with a coat of modern design and refinement till everything is fun to do.

If you want Archaic, play 1 or 2.

Well, to be fair, it does still have the moon system. Which while not necessarily bad...it can be cumbersome at times.

and the game doesn't really streamline or hint at such things as basically requiring you to go physical to get all the endings or that you can't relearn skills once you get them once.

I agree with everything but this. Nothing about Nocturne is archaic
I was mkre referring to one and two (hence games), and Nocturne in a comparative sense.

You're not wrong, but it still has the moon, random moves for fusion, etc. It's archaic when directly compared to SMTIV.

Yeah, I also found SMT IV's fusion system to be kind of unnecessary and annoying.

Not sure which breaks the game more for me, the lack of a defense stat or the presence of mid dungeon saving. Dungeons with no tension or bosses with no tactics?

Still a good game though.