• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I've seen that a lot of times, but I'm just now noticing the Catherine poster in Yu's room.

Reactions: SkyKingJ
Kids in that age hafta fap to something eh?

Duke, you know nothing of Yu. he's into magical witch detectives. you clearly should play Persona 4 again.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
More about the two Shos

-Sho has two personalities, “Sho Minazuki” and “PerSHOna", Sho is wild and cocky and PerSHOna is calm and more sophisticated.
-None of the characters encounter more than one side of Sho; Teddie, Junpei and Yu encounter Sho Minazuki. Labrys and Yukari encounter PerSHOna.
-The normal Sho is loud, bratty, has a horrible sense of pun-related humor that not even Teddie can laugh about and enjoys putting people down. Even Junpei refers to him as “a brat”.
-He is a loner and hates the concept of “friendship”, believing it to be something only weak people rely on.
-His only ally is someone Sho keeps refering to as “him”.
-"Him" apparently promised Sho that he’d be invincibly strong if he cooperated with him. Additionally, he “taught” him to not believe in things like “bonds” or “friendship” and that he’s “strongest on his own”.
-Sho has complete information on all the involved Persona Users, including things like Teddie’s true identity as a Shadow or the pasts of the Shadow OPs/SEES members.
-Sho believes the human world to be worthless and that it needs to be changed or vanquished entirely. He also does not understand why Teddie would want to be like a human.
-Sho has an incredible hatred to the idea of losing and will throw a tantrum if you unexpectedly defeat him. He especially freaks out when Junpei makes it to the top of the tower first, which wasn’t planned.
-PerSHOna states that he was the one who kidnapped Labrys in P4A, and that he choose her as his “puppet” due to her soul being stored on a Plume of Dusk, just like his own. He needed to experiment on her somehow.
-The state PerSHOna put Inaba in is explicitly almost entirely the same as the Dark Hour, right down to Yasogami High turning into a Pseudo-Tartarus.

On Shadows:
- These are are *not* the characters’ real Shadow-Selves, but duplicates, which someone created to fight the Persona Users. The IT and Shadow OPs refer to them as “Fakes”.
-All Shadow-Type Fighters are tailored to be exactly like the original’s Shadow Self, with some exceptions.
-They are made from Mook-Shadows, according to Yukari.
-They can use the originals’ Personas and are physically stronger than the originals, however, they are also less stable and will disappear into a rain of sparkles if pushed enough.
-They are not intent on tricking the characters into thinking they were the real thing, but only use such roleplay for shock value, in order to get an emotional reaction out of the Personas Users before fighting them. Their purpose is apparently to gather “negative energy” while fighting the characters.

Kids in that age hafta fap to something eh?

25:55-26:15 will answer all your questions about Yu's naughty business.

Nah. Remember, P4A didn't have spaces for Liz, Labrys, and SLab before they showed up as time-release characters. Could be a similar deal here.

Also, Shadow Akihiko winpose (first of series to affect downed characters?):
Mitsuru threw her fur coat on downed characters, l2p, noob....

I'm not so sho Shobot is a thing yet.

Also, I meant that more as something like Terumi's multistomp winpose over in CP than just laying something over the "corpse" or poking it.

All these new Shadow win poses are great, but nothing beats bowing out, then walking into the fabric of space and time as your exit. Looking forward to new Liz.

Even if some do say she got the nerf sword

Mitsuru threw her fur coat on downed characters, l2p, noob....
That's actually quite considerate of her, giving the opponent something to stay warm n' all. Also, unlike regular Mitsuru, she doesn't enable recklessly driving limos inside school buildings.
Waddya know? Shadow Mitsuru is actually a better person. Maybe she'll be nice to Akihiko too then burst into sparkles or mist or whatever and he's back to being FOREVER ALONE. Poor Akihiko, will he ever find love and stop filling the hole in his heart with steroids?

All these new Shadow win poses are great, but nothing beats bowing out, then walking into the fabric of space and time as your exit. Looking forward to new Liz.
You speak as if Shadow Kanji doesn't exist. º3º

By the by, has Princess Yukiko been spotted yet? Dem hormones on fire Agi.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
How did Mitsuru fit that damn limo in the TV anyway? How does it even turn corners?

#howdoyoueataburger
#imsodamnrich
#icebreakicebreakicebreak
#marinfuckingkarin

Reactions: Silverharp
Well, Princess Yukiko has been spotted, and Shadow Yukari's intro... well, can anyone say shower scene?

tumblr_mwymd5uBAk1qg6w25o1_500.jpg

ibrwBhbKQfNZC1.gif

Atlus' hype train never stops. (game of thrones was an exception)

you want on, just jump on.

I've been on it, I just meant the hype train for P4A 2 in general.

Still though, I'm amazed Shadow Yukari can put on a fucking Power Rangers costume in the span of 2 seconds without even bothering to dry off.

She's a Shadow. What did you expect?

It's still an impressive as shit feat. Jesus.
Though now I'm really curious as to what the P3 characters shadows will act/talk like.
Especially Aigis, given she crushed the butterfly in her intro.
Isn't Minato/P3 Protagonist symbolized by a Butterfly?

I don't know if that shower scene paints Shadow Yukari in a worse light than Yukari or not. I mean, at least she washes herself.
Maybe that's Yukari's terrible hidden side. :/

Reactions: Jutsei
It's still an impressive as shit feat. Jesus.
Though now I'm really curious as to what the P3 characters shadows will act/talk like.
Especially Aigis, given she crushed the butterfly in her intro.
Isn't Minato/P3 Protagonist symbolized by a Butterfly?
originally the butterfly was sort of Persona's logo, and it was a creature that fluttered around Philemon, who gave the first protag his persona in the first game.

I don't know if that shower scene paints Shadow Yukari in a worse light than Yukari or not. I mean, at least she washes herself.
Maybe that's Yukari's terrible hidden side. :/
Remember that scene in Persona 3 where she and Makoto are brainwashed by the shadows to try and get it on? She was in a shower then too.

I have a feeling it's more of a representation of that longing for him than anything. It certainly caused her issues in The Answer.

*cough*

Remember that scene in Persona 3 where she and Makoto are brainwashed by the shadows to try and get it on? She was in a shower then too.
So it's a shout out to that then? Interesting.

I confess I haven't played P3. The cast didn't really click with me and being unable to directly control party members was also a big no no (I think the game with FEMC fixed that).

Shadow Kanji, next match picture
Given that this is pretty much a sequel, it would be nice to have whole new art assets even if just for the Shadows, besides giving the regular art yellow eyes and weird smirks. It's already good to have the Shadow modes to begin with but new art would be much welcome. But I'm the type to always be hung up on these minor things.

So it's a shout out to that then? Interesting.

I confess I haven't played P3. The cast didn't really click with me and being unable to directly control party members was also a big no no (I think the game with FEMC fixed that).
Ah, that makes sense. Then I'll provide context:

The team has a mission in a love hotel. (In fact, the very same love hotel that the P4 cast go to in their trip to Iwatodai) They beat one of the full moon shadows, The Hierophant. Suddenly things happen, and everyone blacks out. A cutscene occurs where Yukari is showering, and Makoto is sitting outside on a bed while a shadow is trying to convince him to "utilize the facilities", so to speak. He breaks free, Yukari comes out in a towel also free of their control, and then they realize what was happening. Yukari slaps Makoto and runs off, and the team gets back together to fight the next full moon shadow, The Lovers.

So butterflies in general are very symbolic to Persona in general.
Still, kinda makes me wonder...
Basically, blue butterflies symbolize Philemon, and black are for Nyarly.

balder, try persona 3 portable. you can control the partners, and there's a female protagonist too!

Also, i can see why philemon abandoned the persona users... there's just so much more BS with little consequence than in P1/2... And nyar became a persona too, so...

balder, try persona 3 portable. you can control the partners, and there's a female protagonist too!

Also, i can see why philemon abandoned the persona users... there's just so much more BS with little consequence than in P1/2... And nyar became a persona too, so...
oh duke, you with your rose colored glasses. Philemon's butterflies are still around. I think he just has taken a more subtle route. More of a watchful guardian of the Persona users.

Edit: which Atlus has confirmed btw!

7:10

OMG, that AoA corner combo.

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Ah, that makes sense. Then I'll provide context:
Ah yes! Hierophant was the sitting fat guy with the woman standing next to him. I've seen them on the Wikia. Despite not having played the game I do know a few things, mostly just the boss fights and the shout-outs in P4. IIRC Rise makes a stealth reference to the Hermit Shadow boss when she mentions the blackout. Among others.

That's mighty generous of you, offering to get me a PS Vita for Christmas! :3
I am so broke right now. 7 games on my To Buy list, only 60Gb on the HDD and my pad going the way of the dodo... T_T

And yeah, Butterphil is still around but just as a observant. Still, one could argue that he indirectly helps by having Igor assist the Protagonist.

It's just that with Nyarly sealed by the end of P2, he took a backseat. That might change though...

Some combos are used for styling purposes only, but when you're motherfucking Yukari, every combo is styling.~

That's mighty generous of you, offering to get me a PS Vita for Christmas! :3
I am so broke right now. 7 games on my To Buy list, only 60Gb on the HDD and my pad going the way of the dodo... T_T
[/quote]

PSP have one of the easiest jailbreaking methods ever, you can still buy it later and there's a psp emulator on PC that works rather well

NO! bad duke! he needs to play Persona legit! no emulations! ASA: Always Support Atlus.