• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Man, you can only wonder what kinda titles they'll be adding with the Shadows now.
For Online mode, at least

I'm so ready for all the scrubby Shadow Kanji players with hilarious names.

Also, if p4u2 story keeps denying persona 2 and 1 I will be so pissed.

Persona 1 and 2...they had the chance to include Phil or Nyarl as the Entity but that chance is kaput. Maybe one of them is the voice that talked to Labrys at the end of her story mode.

If Adachi doesn't show up, I hope it's New World Fool.

Also, if p4u2 story keeps denying persona 2 and 1 I will be so pissed.
Persona 2 and 1 were referenced in 3. so they do somewhat confirm that they are in the same universe. I just dont think they need more than who they have. let the persona fighter cast grow at its own pace.

Yeah, admittedly...

The Plume of Dusk thing is sorta sinking my hopes that we're dealing with Nyarly. Which is sorta aggravating given how well everything fits him.

- He's trying to make people give into negative emotions just like Nyarly
- The Malevolent Entity is copying other peoples' forms just like Nyarly
- He's using Shadow dopplegangers for emotional impact / shock damage just like Nyarly
- Sho and SHO are written in kana and kanji just like the Joker and JOKER from IS and EP
- The Malevolent Entity's seiyuu was Jin Yamanoi, Nyarlathotep's seiyuu from Persona 2 while its dub voice is Patrick Seitz, who played Nyarly in the PSP re-release

Even Tsukiyomi would be kind of amusing tie-in since one of his forms/names is the Moon Howler.

And then that one line kinda just seems to ruin it. :|

Last edited:
Oh man, Fortune what are you doing in this thread? No, your head does not count as a Persona, silly num nums.
It's a Fursona. >:3

Going back, I noticed the Wikia replaced the Tsukuyomi artwork I linked to with a cleaner version. That miasma-soaked naginata looks so freakin' badass.
Tsukuyomi_Persona_4_Ultimax.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Does Sho have a fireball in his moveset?

It's all he needs to be a shoto
He's got a Tiger Shot with swords.

Also, nothing's disconfirmed Nyarly as being the ME. If anything, Tsukiyomi's only boosted the chances. I've heard rumors that PerShoNa is the result of ME possessing Sho, and Tsukiyomi's coloration looks surprisingly similar to this Crawling Chaos harbringer.

nyar-aki.jpg

Reactions: Jutsei
Technically that's said harbinger impersonating another character in Persona 2, but the point still stands.

Only way to know is when the Story mode comes out

Yup.

All this speculation and nothing to Sho for it.

4Gamer recently put up two interesting, screenshot-rich articles about P4U and P4D.

The P4U article seems to be about the Story with bonus IK screens for Yukari and Junpei. Also Adachi.
W2ZEMvn.jpg

Meanwhile, the P4D article shows us, among other things, Kanamin. To anyone interested, she is voiced by Minako Kotobuki aka the singer of the opening and ending themes for K-On!.
fWSIPOi.jpg

Can't wait to see Kanji and Take-Mikazuchi wreck the dance floor...literally. Like he loses his shit and they start breaking everything.

after hearing this in english, I cried. I also imagine them singing this to Labrys and she's being all moe and I cried some more.

Please let Adachi be playable in at least one of these games. Please. I wanna kick ass with him and/or dance with him.

Preferably "and".

I kinda wish Adachi would have the Hazama voice actor, but that would ruin the parallelism of the whole story

Interesting Labrys combo vid over at NicoNico. Of note: a red axe combo that deals nearly 4000 damage at the cost of only 25 meter, and a another one ending in D Beast that does around 6000!

Also, is it just me, or did Labrys gain some new Chain Knuckle followups?

Last edited:
I feel like that super confirms adachi if it's a legit pic, They didn't make sprites for any non playable characters in the other P4A right?

I feel like that super confirms adachi if it's a legit pic, They didn't make sprites for any non playable characters in the other P4A right?

No they didn't. But something looks...off about Adachi-baby's sprite. I can't really tell if that's a fighting sprite or not. His stance is too relaxed. Then again, he gives no fucks about anything, so that could very well be his standing idle...I dunno.

What about...
Rise_Sprite.png

...?

Huh? Do you remember where Rise's sprite shows up? Wait, did it appear in Arcade Mode? That would explain why I didn't see it.

I can't say for certain since I haven't played P4A (or even seen a Story playthrough) but I recall seeing her in Labrys' stage (the camera station room - Announcement Room, I think it's called). By the Wikia's description, she appears after being rescued so I guess it's just before the Shabrys fight?

There's also a sprite of "General Teddie", Shabrys' disguise.
Shadow_Labrys_disgrue_as_Teddie_pre_battle.jpg

What about...
Rise_Sprite.png

...?

There was a General Teddie one too.

Both appeared in Arcade Mode cutscenes - which right now are all we have to go off of. I will say that Adachi pic looks off as far as the stance goes - just like Rise does above.

It'd be awfully nice for him to be a surprise addition though. Really depends on how the story plays out.

Edit:

They have to be doing this on purpose.

tumblr_mx7mbxkfNz1qgyhd5o1_250.png

His glasses are sunglasses at night.

tumblr_inline_mx7mf1gO6S1qfbkn8.jpg

Much like certain other characters in someone's employ...

Last edited:
Damn I remember the General Teddie sprite now.

Dem Sho glasses. He looks so chill. What's the name of the other guy with glasses? I gotta look him up and read about him.

The difference between the Rise spite and the Adachi sprite is Adachi can actually fight. However I agree his arcade mode sprite is the same 'quality' ( animation frames on his idle) as the Rise/General Teddie arcade mode sprites.

This begs the question though is why would they tease Adachi (a silhouette of him similar to a P4A character select art) at the end of the trailer if he will end up being a mere NPC? Solely for arcade story purposes? I doubt it because from what we know so far Adachi really isn't relevant (As opposed to Rise who, along with a few other P4 characters in the last P4A game, suddenly disappeared becoming a central plot point) for the current plot.
persona_4_arena_suplex_hold_adachi_screenshot_by_nightmarezenuki-d6vkhw3.jpg

He appears briefly in the Yu, Akihiko, and Yukari play-through then vanishes mysteriously. So far he seems to be
the guy that was shoehorned in just for the sake of appearing for a cameo.

I doubt that is all Atlus has planned for him with the amount of hype they are giving to the character. Otherwise it would appear like "Hey P4 fans! You know that one important P4 guy that was mysterious teased recently? Well guess what he is in our next fighting game! Except...he is not playable character...but he appears briefly! So check out our P4A fighting game series if you haven't already! OK bye!."

My money is on Adachi will be added in a
playable incarnation (Not a stretch look at playable Teddie/NPC General Teddie sprites) later in a similar fashion like with how P4A did things(Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Elizabeth). Otherwise that would be a pretty anticlimactic reveal just like Cyclops appearing in the X-Men: Last Stand movie promotional poster in his battle outfit just to be killed off after 5 min of screen-time without even wearing it once -_-.

On another note...where the hell is Ken?! Last time I checked he was a relevant P3 party character who would represent the Justice Arcana and fight with a freaking spear. He isn't busy being dead, a door seal, or living on dog years.

I doubt the "he is too young" excuse would fly (he should be 13 by now) since he was younger participating in the P3 events as a SEES member before the timeskip. Feels kind of odd he would be the only one left out without stated reasons (unless it was stated somewhere in the P4A2 arcade mode).

Edit: What the hell add Koromaru too for the Strength Arcana if possible. He can be a dog fighter who would be similar to Valkenhayn/Amaterasu.

What are you guys talking about? Ken is with Eliza, helping her get ready to go after the Skullheart. Whoa, three game crossover sentence.

Seriously, though, I need my 2D spear fighter. Ken was such a legit member of my P3 team and put in more work than most of my other team members. Fighting the incarnation of ultimate death/sin/whatever with a little kid was epic. If they do put him in, I wonder how they would differentiate his instant kill magic from Naoto's.

Ken is less popular than koromaru and the robot voice blue haired girl. Nuff said

Ken is the least liked cast member of Persona 3.

Plus Atlus doesn't want people to see him grown up after the time skip. They want him to be 11(?) forever.

Go to 3:20 for drrrrrrrrrr and a look at Junpei's awesome projectile reflection mechanic.

Also, what the hell was that at 5:03? A cross up AoA?!

17:30 for SHADOW BULLET RAGE

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybermanworf
I'm really glad that not everyone has the same amount of Persona cards anymore. It made absolutely no sense to me how characters who can clearly do a fair amount of damage without their's could have the same amount as people who desperately needed them.

Last edited:
I still think it's a little harsh for Aki to be reduced to 2 though...

......never mind.

Reactions: Cybermanworf

@ 7:46

Hey, woah, now. Okay, so Yukiko starts zoning Naoto out like a fucking boss, gets a clean hit in, moves in and begins to slap her around a bit.

This bitch backs off for like 5 seconds and gets negative? I declare BS. lol

Stuff about Persona Q.

* During the last day of the school festival at Yasogami High School, there was a sudden sound of a mysterious bell. After hearing the sound, the Persona-users are then sent to a parallel universe, where they find themselves in a school that looks exactly like Yasogami High; however, it also has an eerie clock tower they’ve never seen before.
* At the alternate world’s Yasogami High, they meet a young boy and girl who seem to have lost their memories.
* If you go with Persona 3’s protagonist, the story starts in the middle of a stormy autumn night. Due to their school festival being canceled, the members of SEES (Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad) gather at Tartarus, where they hear a strange sound of a bell. After entering the Velvet Room, a certain incident occurs.
* Before they realize it, they find themselves in the midst of a school festival at Yasogami High School. It doesn’t take long until they encounter Shadows, similar to those they’ve previously fought in Tartarus. While fighting the Shadows and looking for a way out, they suddenly find themselves face to face with a group of high school students who call themselves the Investigation Team.

* Next, is a look at the game’s story if you start the game with the Persona 4 protagonist:
* It’s the last day of the Yasogami High School festival, and the protagonist, along with the rest of the Investigation Team, is enjoying the festivities. However, there’s a distinct sound of an unfamiliar bell they all seem to hear. Upon looking outside the window, they see a clock tower that was never there before.
* Due to the unforeseen event, the group searches its way around the school to spot any traces of Shadow activity. While fighting the Shadows, the Investigation Team encounter another group of Persona-users, who seem to be from a different school. The group calls themselves the “Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, ” and they decide to team up to find the exit of what appears to be a labyrinth.
* Rei is a first-year student at Yasogami High School, who seems to have had her memories stolen by a certain someone. She’s often seen eating things like corndogs and donuts, which she apparently pulls out of nowhere. She is known for being quite the strange girl.
* Zen is also a first-year student at Yasogami High School, and similar to Rei, he has had his memories stolen by a certain someone. He is always around Rei, and seems to be a little overprotective of her, and will do absolutely anything to protect her. Whenever something happens to Rei, he loses his cool and is prone to recklessness.

Translated from here.

Corn dogs will go where corn dogs don't belo-

Oh you meant regular art.

I guess some time will Sho us what people do.

@ 7:46

Hey, woah, now. Okay, so Yukiko starts zoning Naoto out like a fucking boss, gets a clean hit in, moves in and begins to slap her around a bit.

This bitch backs off for like 5 seconds and gets negative? I declare BS. lol

Those two air back dashes and that double jump back from 8:10 to 8:16 might have had something to do with that.