• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Seems like Europe's getting screwed over. Again. How many times has this happened now? I think I lost count.

Edit: the P5 countdown page has changed a little bit. There's now a message from the Phantom saying he'll take over Tokyo Tower on May 5th at 9:30 PM. I'm expecting something big to happen there.

Last edited:
I'm expecting this Thursday's stream to reveal at least one new party member (female) and a release date for Japan.

But what I'm most interested to see is an actual look at how battles will work in this game, eg what the 'random fire' action means and what the general speed of the battles is like. Also how the 'Persona Get!' feature will work exactly. I'm more interested in seeing this at this point than I am in seeing the new cooperation system detailed. If I'm being optimistic, I guess they might showcase that in the upcoming stream as well.

And I'm praying we get an SMT without the animeish art...

The animeish art isn't that bad. It looks fine provided the demon design is still on point.

I'm just waiting for a game I can enjoy.
I usually get what I want with every installment.

The animeish art isn't that bad. It looks fine provided the demon design is still on point.
To each their own. I really miss Kaneko's ivory/plaster dolls

I miss Kaneko's fashion sense
at least the guys like Krishna still have that Kaneko flair

I really like Kaneko because he has a style that completely averts same-face-syndrome while making all the characters believable yet stylized and attractive in their own unique ways.

He also draws really attractive male characters IMO. Most anime artists these days just draw a blander looking girl when they want to have a handsome leading guy IMO. I really hate playing as those. Kaneko knows how to draw guys who look like guys while also looking relatable/believable and good.

That being said, the current artist ain't bad.

Soejima or Doi ain't bad. Stuff like Doi's work on the remakes of IS and EP are actually amazing

But Kaneko's sense of style and gravitas in character design just can't be beat, his porcelain doll aesthetic is really iconic too, even without it, his super smooth shading and texture work gives a lot of his designs a real sense of depth and realism at times.

Funny fact is: his human arts were pretty meh before the digital treatment

I mean, Kaneko isn't necessary for the series to survive. Id like to see him in the main light again though. His style tended to blend over to the games, creating these Moody world's dropping with atmosphere. While in stuff like smt4 It didn't really feel quite as dark or ominous as I think they intended bar specific moments. If they can capture that atmosphere again then theyd be golden despite a new aetstyle.

September 15th for Persona 5 in japan
i assume that this will be the last of the information we'll get on the game until release

well the dungeon design looks fantastic but the character designs are still kind of
ass
the glasses girl looks terrible, especially

also holy shit, Igor's new voice is amazing

September eh? That sounds like a good release date.
Better hope Atlus pulls a Squeenix and lets it translate it around the same time it's being made because I'd hope it comes out on Persona's 20th anniversary

When you finish the match with Eliza Lady of Slaughter

tumblr_o6po42NBfH1u21ng6o1_540.gif

tumblr_o6po42NBfH1u21ng6o1_540.gif

P5 is actually confirmed to be at E3.

Could we see some localization news :0

Igor's new seiyuu sounds more gravelly than any gritty movie protag in recent memory.

Also, I really hope that the anniversary edition makes it overseas. All of the stuff contained in it has taken my heart, and I really want to mess around with those Picaro recolors of Orpheus and Izanagi when I get the game.

you sure you didn't find that
literally 10 posts up

I think he's our last party member. You can see him obscured here:

P5-Dated-Sept-15-JP_007.jpg

If anything, he'll likely be the Carmelita Fox to our Cooper Gang. Antagonistic for most of the game, but ends up joining forces near the end of the game to take down a big threat.

Is it just me, or does Igor sound really, really sinister?

That's probably the point. Igor may ultimately be on the side of the protags, but he's meant to be creepy and not exactly the kind of guy one would trust with their kids. That being said, his new gravelly voice sounds pretty awesome.

The game looks beautiful visually, minus the character designs. Almost everyone in the party I dislike the design of, especially the blue-haired guy and the girl with the glasses. I was surprised, because I think the first three's designs are good. I love the way the environments look, though.
The dungeons look interesting, and I'm really excited to play this.

it looks stylish but seeing that for uh 50+ hours will probably get annoying rather than a more organized UI

that's assuming i can even stomach 50 hours, heyo!

They are really trying to layer on the fetishes for the hacker chick aren't they.

They are really trying to layer on the fetishes for the hacker chick aren't they.
well the primary audience is moody hormonal teenagers
not really a surprise that they'd layer on the wankbait

It's astounding that after a day all of the characters designs I remember are
The first three
Cat thing
Knight girl
Wierd hacker lady
And I still only know the cat's name
Such great marketing!It's like this game never left my mind!

Reactions: Ruin