• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Show Your Fightstick

Speaking of, just finished my Brawlstick. I just wanted something simple and clean. Trying to get it quiet (padded buttons, thinking optical things in the future. Are they any good?)
Q9FZAyM.jpg

This is beautiful, do you mind explaining how you came to such an amazing stick? Im thinking about possibly making my own stick
I initially purchased one of these: http://www.madcatz.com/sfxtekken/fightstickpro.html
The buttons are good but when you play with brand new Sanwas you can definitely feel the difference and the artwork was pretty meh. I removed the back and unplugged all the buttons and removed them as well as the balltop and got to work removing the artwork which is just a gigantic sticker. I spent about 4 hours destroying my dorm room trying to remove the excess adhesive with products that were on hand because I was too lazy to go out and buy Goo Gone. If you plan to do this buy Goo Gone. At this point I installed the buttons I had ordered at the time and called it a day while I looked for artwork.
383025_10151411343731033_283787167_n_zps72fb2b8a.jpg
Some point shortly later I discovered an art request thread on Skullheart by Soitenly: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/soitenlys-art-thread-open-for-requests.108/
back before the site went down and I requested the artwork you see on the stick. She's really awesome and nice and you should totally follow her on twitter @anatoliae.
I got it printed by Arts Hobbies and got a plexi cover made: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/
Then I bought my current buttons and balltop and stuff: http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-obsf-30mm-pushbuttons-dark-hai-grey/
Then I just put it back together and it currently looks like this:
42d210ea-be9e-481e-bbed-6fb8afb11f2b_zpsc3bc8d9d.jpg
Ive broken a few balltops over time by sheer volume of use so we're rocking the black glass balltop to see how that does.

Are you implying that thing is bad? I've used it for the past 4 months or so and love it.

No. I've had it three months but as I've said in another topic I'm so used to playing games on PC with the keyboard for two years.

Mine. Cept without the red ring of death going around the edge of it. Had a hard time finding an image of what I had because it didn't have the rrod when I bought it so I thought it was completely suited to me as I am black too totally unique. Got it off a scrub friend who quit fighting games for League of Losers Legends. Will have Filia + Valentine mod when Japan shows me a modding community.
P.S. How2spoilers?
41Q2AzXEFtL.jpg

Here one of the two fightsticks I don't even use:

168ubgy.jpg

107l842.jpg

It's missing the trademark etched glass that everyone else got >.> the other stick being an Hori EX-SE that's not modded.

But that's not what you guys came to see, it's this:

2qmf5s1.jpg

Analog is the best!

Here one of the two fightsticks I don't even use:

168ubgy.jpg

107l842.jpg

It's missing the trademark etched glass that everyone else got >.> the other stick being an Hori EX-SE that's not modded.

2qmf5s1.jpg

Analog is the best!
That you don't even use? I'd be more than happy to take that off your hands :D
huehuehue

Reactions: HiroProtagonest

2qmf5s1.jpg

Analog is the best!
oh my god that's a sexy controller

What's a fightstick is that like a N64 controller
You mean this thing?
n64stick.jpg

Aside from the above N64 stick I found, the stick I have (and would be using if I could get a compatible usb card for my compy) is a TE Round 2, unmodified. Mostly because I don't have the cash to buy the parts to mod it and partly because do not trust myself to solder.
te2.jpg

Last edited:
Aside from the above N64 stick I found, the stick I have (and would be using if I could get a compatible usb card for my compy) is a TE Round 2, unmodified. Mostly because I don't have the cash to buy the parts to mod it and partly because do not trust myself to solder.
Correct me if Im wrong but I started looking into modding sticks and this one doesn't require soldering I think?

Correct me if Im wrong but I started looking into modding sticks and this one doesn't require soldering I think?
Depends on exactly what you're trying to do. Swapping some buttons? Shouldn't need to solder. Putting in some sort of add-on PCB? Then you might, depending on the board.

Ok I'm still in the poverty level. I just made a new stick thanks to DanAdamKOF for helping me out. I went from this:

IMG_1858_zps4cdca39b.jpg

IMG_1859_zps1845d630.jpg

To this:

photo1_zps21b83b61.jpg

photo2_zps5f25364a.jpg

photo1_zps50c5da70.jpg

photo_zpsc49d3465.jpg

This new one I'm using a Optical P360 stick from MAS instead of the Happ competition stick. The buttons are still Happs. The reason for the upgrade because the shoebox wasn't sturdy enough for the stick to handle. Only two problems I have is the HK button is drilled in the wrong spot and the spring on the p360 stick is hard/stiff :\. I need to request a softer spring or get use to it.

Last edited:
I want to turn this
4yj0l.jpg
into something like this
4czoo
That was an idea I had for my fightstick when I first got in a month and a half ago. I'll probably redo everything in a different color palette now though. (this was a quick 5 minute edit I did to keep my idea somewhere.)

Last edited by a moderator:
heres my sexy stick been happy with it since purchase
s2g0bd.jpg

BH4uBEo.jpg

I kind felt like a pervert when two women printed it I shoulda used a ruler while I was there. BUT I still like it very much (I'll also probably improve my photoshop skills to make it look cooler) and I'll change the plungers(?) and ball to light blue later. Nu's butt was worth it though.

Woah those lights are awesome AgentJ does the brightness bother you? Are those just stickers (I mean something else but I can't find the word for some reason) on top of the buttons or did they come with the markings?

Woah those lights are awesome AgentJ does the brightness bother you? Are those just stickers (I mean something else but I can't find the word for some reason) on top of the buttons or did they come with the markings?
They are bright enough to look neat with and without light, but its not bright enough to bother me. Those are printed on paper, they are inside the buttons.

This one is probably gonna be a work in progress for some time, but I can proudly present the first part of my Kirakishou custom Q4RAF. What to do from here with her I'm not sure, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.
Kira Custom Mk.1.jpg

Make those buttons match her hair.

Make those buttons match her hair.

Was thinking about that, but any yellow buttons I've seen at this point are well...too yellow lol. If I do find some I like though, I could do a few of them easy enough. Only would need like 3 to even things out.

Was thinking about that, but any yellow buttons I've seen at this point are well...too yellow lol. If I do find some I like though, I could do a few of them easy enough. Only would need like 3 to even things out.
Do you still have the art from where the holes were cut? If so, a few translucent buttons with the art inserted could take care of things.

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
Do you still have the art from where the holes were cut? If so, a few translucent buttons with the art inserted could take care of things.

Actually I did keep those, in case I decided to go that way. Also found out that getting vinyl done for the rose vines I mentioned is gonna be a giant pain due to the small size. Airbrushing them on presents the same problem as well.

WEB_Image%20MadCatz%20Arcade%20Fight%20Stick%20PRO%20(PS3)%20Str-658717730.Jpeg

Nothing special, but I kinda want to replace the art though

This is my Eightarc Fusion Ebony. I loves it. I put RedOctane and Harmonix stickers on it to represent the old-school Guitar Hero. 90s kids know about that.

arcadestick_zpsa0db65b4.jpg

I do want to mod it and put some new art on it, though. No idea how. Anyone have a good guide on that?

Reactions: Kiyobi
My boring plain old home made hitbox.
pLyv3J7.jpg

I still don't have the right screws and I don't know what I want to do for art or how I may or may not cover it.

Full album is here: http://imgur.com/a/plkGF

This is my Eightarc Fusion Ebony. I loves it. I put RedOctane and Harmonix stickers on it to represent the old-school Guitar Hero. 90s kids know about that.

arcadestick_zpsa0db65b4.jpg
RIP RedOctane.

Also not near as pretty as my TE above, but here's my Qanba Q2 standard with ps3 colored buttons, and Crown 303fk Korean stick installed. I wish someone else would make a "straight" button layout instead of everything being viewlix or noir. Some of us grew up on american arcades and still prefer this layout :D

t1ev.jpg

Reactions: Ronus
I bought this one as this is the only stick that I was assured it will work on PC.

Attachments

• IMG_20130922_083205.jpg
    IMG_20130922_083205.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 843
Something bothers me about the placement of the joystick...

CXjzgk3.jpg

Brawlstick. Seimitsu stick. Sanwa buttons.

Top corner is peeling due to it being a hackjob and my first time. Must redo... but find time.