• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

Can robo's landmine trigger hit box be made bigger so it can combo even if you already used your red bounce. Letting it trigger from a greater distance is the only way I can see to do this without changing other properties of the mine. It'll be even more like Testament trees minus jumping over them to get rid of them.
Landmine to proximity mine.

I'm curious to know what options it would be removing because I can't think of any?
It would remove the ones you're asking to remove.
Dash + head and assist + head.
What if I want to call assist and do head attack at the same time?
Or dash and do a head attack at the same time?

I wouldn't be able to do that anymore, but you can always delay the head from attacking by holding HP. And now with the new head walk thing, you can prevent it from attacking altogether.

Reactions: Lex and PME
I wouldn't be able to do that anymore, but you can always delay the head from attacking by holding HP. And now with the new head walk thing, you can prevent it from attacking altogether.
The new head thing doesn't help me because I just want the head to do nothing. And you could still do things like "Dash + head and assist + head" you would just have to press the Hp button alone after dashing or calling assist.

Didn't see it mentioned, can fix it. ARE THERE OTHERS?
Start up for sHP is 21, so I think everything that has 22 for hitstun will do that
I checked in skull wiki and these moves are: sLK, sMK(1), last hit for sMP(1), and every hit in sMP(2)
(sMP's first 3 hits only has 16 hitstun, so I don't know how that links in the first place. Unless, of course, if skull wiki is outdated.)
That's just for sHP though...
I guess the real bug cannot be fixed so the alternative solution's being implemented?

Last edited:
This is more a question to other Fukua/Robo players or if it's just me....

Fukua - Anyone missing/whiffing j. hk? It feels like visually it's hitting the opponent but it misses. I know Mike got rid of the cross up where the back hits, but I'm missing a ton jumping and hitting from the front. It just whiffs even though it's touching them.

Robo - Comboing off of land mine bounce feels different now too. I don't think there was a bounce/height change though. It feels like j. mk goes through the character sometimes or standing hit whiffs the opponent.

Am I the only one?

Robo - Comboing off of land mine bounce feels different now too. I don't think there was a bounce/height change though. It feels like j. mk goes through the character sometimes or standing hit whiffs the opponents
Yeah, I think it's lower now. I could dash under to the other side in previous build but not in this new one.
I personally like this new one better but it's probably bad if it messes up somebody's combo

ff of land mine bounce feels different now too. I don't think there was a bounce/height change though. It feels like j. mk goes through the character sometimes or standing hit whiffs the opponent.

Am I the only one?
Haven't experienced this issue.
Just to make sure, if get hit out of the call the opponent is invincible and you can't pick up so you'll want to go for positioning.

The new head thing doesn't help me because I just want the head to do nothing. And you could still do things like "Dash + head and assist + head" you would just have to press the Hp button alone after dashing or calling assist.
That's not the same as doing same-frame Dash/assist + head.
You could always hit HP before or after if you needed to, but having the head take no action on same-frame inputs creates a dead zone.
I would really rather not have the head do nothing at all just because I hit the inputs on the same frame.

That's not the same as doing same-frame Dash/assist + head.
You could always hit HP before or after if you needed to, but having the head take no action on same-frame inputs creates a dead zone.
I would really rather not have the head do nothing at all just because I hit the inputs on the same frame.
I think having the head move or go out of place after every dash and assist call is a lot worse then having a dead zone when you press the punches on the same frame which is pretty easy to keep from happening.

Not every dash, just button dashes that happen to use HP. There's still double tap dashes and button dashes that don't use HP.

I didn't know bursts could be safe at all
I'm almost certain the tutorial explains this or at least talks about it.

Last edited:
Adding a damage scaling viewer thing to training mode sounds pretty cool. And pencil me in for the "display scaling of the hit that just landed" side (so the 3rd hit shows 100%). It'll make it obvious which moves force scaling and by how much.

And as long as adding that stuff to training mode is still possible, I might as well throw this out: would it be possible to see how much super meter each character has as a numerical value? I'm just generally curious about metergain values for stuff and like the idea of being able to compare combos without just eyeballing some screenshots.

Just think it'd be cool, that's all.

Reactions: Sydoh and Lex
I just noticed I can't link off of robo st. mk. *sad* It's fine. I can get over that one.

Also, speaking of Parasoul, can we make her st. fp pull down instead of up?

Reactions: JDbbx
Why does the scaling thing go back up to one hundred?
Scaling is 100 100 100 87.5 etc. It doesn't go UP to 100, but I can either tell you how much the last hit was scaled by, or how much the next hit will be scaled by.

It'll be "how much the last hit was scaled by"!

Never even noticed those. They look just like a part of the burst animation. Are they supposed to be as obvious as IPS sparks?
"I never noticed" is not the same as "it's not there". :^) Tension Pulse in GG is something like 90% of players never notice, and most people don't notice the !'s in BlazBlue for being hit overhead or low until they are pointed out. The color difference is pretty stark, too.

My post was more targeted at the lack of advanced notification that projectiles and "after 90 frames" are safe to burst.
We don't have memory to add gold colored sparks on PS3, otherwise I'd totally take your suggestion!

Sure, there will always be something that some people miss. The difference here is that I know that there's a 90f period between IPS and a safe burst, but I can't visually verify. If I want to intentionally gold burst in this way, my only choice is counting Mississippis.
Nah, just explain it as "if you do long things after they can burst it'll be safe". And then learn by feel, like 99% of all other games require you to do for everything. :^\
I'm just saying I thought it was put in there as a check for some dumb thing that a few characters had
This.

By the way... is anyone else having trouble to confirm off landmine? It seems to require a microdash or something... I'm constantly missing it. I don't want to be a whiny kid and ask for something like "make landmine if it hits bounce the enemy slightly closer" yet. I feel like I'm messing something up.
I don't mind, actually. I also think it probably should knock them around differently so you can tell when you can combo off it.

When you use Hp in a button dash or an assist call with headless Fortune could it perhaps not activate the head? I would like to play Peacock with headless Fortune but the button layout I use for Peacock gets in the way of headless.
No. I'm not gonna change something that other people might use because of your button layout; that is a problem unique to you. Instead, you change your button layout, which is not a problem for everybody. :^P
you would just have to press the Hp button alone after dashing or calling assist.
Or you can just press LP+MP. Problem solved!

Fukua - Anyone missing/whiffing j. hk? It feels like visually it's hitting the opponent but it misses. I know Mike got rid of the cross up where the back hits, but I'm missing a ton jumping and hitting from the front. It just whiffs even though it's touching them.
Send me a replay. And no, I got rid of the crossup in that it CAN'T CROSS UP. Period. If they would have to block it backward, it whiffs.

Robo - Comboing off of land mine bounce feels different now too. I don't think there was a bounce/height change though. It feels like j. mk goes through the character sometimes or standing hit whiffs the opponent.
If you trade with it, you can't combo off it. I should really just light them on fire when you can combo off it or something eh. Or just make it so you never can.

Also, speaking of Parasoul, can we make her st. fp pull down instead of up?
This...is actually a good suggestion.

Reactions: Sydoh and gllt
st. fp = Fierce Punch?

If so thats actually an amazing idea. I started using S.HPx2 in a lot of AA situations to stuff IAD, being able to really get something off of that by them moving downwards so you can combo with a shot would be super swell.

Last edited:
I'm actually having slight trouble understanding how to do 236MP > zoom without hitting the head as headless ms.fortune. I always just held HP and held forward after the 236 input and just released HP at the right time.

If you trade with it, you can't combo off it. I should really just light them on fire when you can combo off it or something eh. Or just make it so you never can.
Fire + never can :D

Reactions: gllt
st. fp = Fierce Punch?

If so thats actually an amazing idea. I started using S.HPx2 in a lot of AA situations to stuff IAD, being able to really get something off of that by them moving downwards so you can combo with a shot would be super swell.

Yes... st. fp = standing fierce punch. Sorry, I come from MvC2 :P But if he does do this, it's gonna hurt people that do those air juggles off of fp.

And never combo off mine? I didn't even know you couldn't combo off of trade. I guess I missed that in the updates. That's probably what happened. But I like comboing off of mine :( It's fun

Reactions: keninblack
If I can never combo off of mine (if this ever happens) can it override projectile armor so that it breaks all armor?

I'd still prefer mine to combo. At least while I'm combo-ing.

though I guess if someone used mine assist (should not being able to combo after mine happens) they'd be a little sad but I don't think anyone does.

And never combo off mine? I didn't even know you couldn't combo off of trade. I guess I missed that in the updates. That's probably what happened. But I like comboing off of mine :( It's fun
It's also now 4F start up anti air, anti air dash reversal, doesn't get you killed nearly as often, reliably detonates when it hits something instead of vanishing, +17 at worst on block and it's easier to get a head in general.

Practical use went WAY up in the beta version which is why I groan when I get to combo AND side switch (and then spawn more heads at the end of my combo) just because it was spaced a little better to avoid the trade on a stubby button like IAD jLK or something.
Its new speed also really compliments sHP's new speed :S

This is just me though I think everyone else really likes Mine combos.

It's also now 4F start up anti air, anti air dash reversal, doesn't get you killed nearly as often, reliably detonates when it hits something instead of vanishing, +17 at worst on block and it's easier to get a head in general.

Practical use went WAY up in the beta version which is why I groan when I get to combo AND side switch (and then spawn more heads at the end of my combo) just because it was spaced a little better to avoid the trade on a stubby button like IAD jLK or something.
Its new speed also really compliments sHP's new speed :S

This is just me though I think everyone else really likes Mine combos.
I guess I like mine combos but mines is at the bottom of "do I really care enough to argue either way" list. My other list is what I'm more worried about but I think it got buried already.

I'm actually having slight trouble understanding how to do 236MP > zoom without hitting the head as headless ms.fortune. I always just held HP and held forward after the 236 input and just released HP at the right time.
You can still do that, but now just release it and press it again real quick.

You can still do that, but now just release it and press it again real quick.
I can do it sometimes but sometimes I get the head to walk too far forward when I input the 236MP input and makes it miss or I guess sometimes I release HP too soon and the rekka ends up hitting the head. Just wondering if there was some trick I'm not getting to have it be as reliable as before.

I can do it sometimes but sometimes I get the head to walk too far forward when I input the 236MP input and makes it miss or I guess sometimes I release HP too soon and the rekka ends up hitting the head. Just wondering if there was some trick I'm not getting to have it be as reliable as before.
In the corner you can input Zoom! soon after M Cat Scratch (just before it hits the head) and you can combo off of it without having to hold HP at all. Midscreen you have to learn the new timing but in the corner this is a nice easy way to do it.

I guess pretty much when it comes down to it my only real complaints with new robo come down to:

- 5[MP] 0 on block, I understand +6 is kinda absurd, but +1-+3 would be nice, it is incredibly easy to PBGC anyway. 5MK I'm fine with at +0, hell make it negative if need be, you can still stagger into it to bait pushblocks
- double jump overhead, I liked the GG feeling of this. If the fuzzy is too strong, increasing j.MP hitstop would make it a lot easier to PBAG.
- Throw going full screen, this is mostly a feel thing and I'd probably get over it with a little time, but it hurts to go from the old throw to this all of a sudden
- Lower damage but it's completely counterbalanced by the beam and head buffs, I'm pretty sure this is locked in anyway and it's kinda whatever

I guess that's really it, I seem to be in the minority so I don't doubt most of the changes will stick. Guess I'll just have to keep watching what's happening while I mourn my pressure and my fuzzies.

Current Mine is fine

Also, I can't really contribute on the ground throw change for Robo, since I'm used to having to spend a bar to convert off of it anyways. But I will say this: It's easier to side switch with Magnet now.

which is why I groan when I get to combo AND side switch (and then spawn more heads at the end of my combo) just because it was spaced a little better to avoid the trade on a stubby button like IAD jLK or something.
So you don't like it when you actually used a move well?

Semi non shitpostingly, what if you completely remove mine's anti air capabilities by making it pop out at her knee level instead? You still get combos but no anti air trade (which Robo players don't seem to like because ??? You spend a head and start a combo at IPS 3 so you don't really get that much damage off it). As compensation, c.LP could get one or two more frames or active period (at the moment it's only active for two frames, which makes it fairly hard to use).

I'm all for buffing Robo's mixups (djc mixups, better frame data) in det mode. I'd be willing to make the activation worse (take the Tanden Renki esque invul at the start off), and if you think having the good mixups is really that strong, I'm ok with explosion again removing your undizzy (so you can do the thing where you hit her, do half a combo, make explosion whiff, then do another full HCH combo). I think this gives det mode more usage, because it still feels somewhat unnecessary and not that useful to go for.

OFFTOPIC:
I (and other people) confirm off single hits in 3s, which is under 8f.
Would you happen to know if the PC emulators have more input lag from the arcade? I was trying those confirms myself and failing miserably (though I don't have very good reactions).

Ok, I just started playing Headless but I wanted to share my opinions so please bear with me if they're a bit senseless ^-^

How does everyone else feel about the new Sneeze? I really prefer the more horizontal movement of retail Sneeze since I could actually have it connect more often. I like the new Sneeze height but the verticality, I feel, limits the situations I can really use it in?
Really sorry if this was discussed before and I glossed over it.
(let sneeze hit on the way down if we're keeping the new one, please?)

Would it be unfair to ask if the Crossup Indicator appeared on top of the IPS Spark if the particular hit would lead to a Gold Burst? That way, the comboing player still can see if her/his sparks are green or red, the player getting hit could know if a hit leads to a gold burst, and it doesn't involve loading any new art into memory.

Reactions: Fumako and Zidiane
Robo mine is not fine in its current iteration.

So you don't like it when you actually used a move well?.......
. As compensation ......
....not that useful to go for...

4 frame startup move that trades in robos favor (except against hit grabs), is +17 min on block minus land cancels, beats iads, leads to combo if it doesnt trade, and if it does trade she is still rewarded. This on a character whos supposed changes were as i heard to make her a better or even just a pure zoner. Being able to combo off reversals for no meter seems overkill imo (even l danger reversal magnet costs a meter, and with the buffs this is close to feeling dumb)

You ask for compensation, but forget that beta robo had very little negative changes. These changes might be an attempt to balance her new tools, which are really good.

Her level 3 is crazy good right now

Reactions: keninblack
You can burst while being snapped now, great! Except...well, take a look a this:
Can't alpha counter, either.
Maybe the vulnerable hitbox on snap needs to be adjusted to some of these characters,
or make snap burst invulnerable, or something,
or is this OK?

Ok, I just started playing Headless but I wanted to share my opinions so please bear with me if they're a bit senseless ^-^

How does everyone else feel about the new Sneeze? I really prefer the more horizontal movement of retail Sneeze since I could actually have it connect more often. I like the new Sneeze height but the verticality, I feel, limits the situations I can really use it in?
Really sorry if this was discussed before and I glossed over it.
(let sneeze hit on the way down if we're keeping the new one, please?)
I've personally found the new sneeze waaaay more useful. It's also nice not having the head end up so far away if it doesn't actually hit the opponent.

@Mike_Z So... I know this got changed in the last patch and was supposed to be working now... but it isn't:
I have a replay file of it happening in a real match if you need it.

Last edited:
or make snap burst invulnerable

this is my vote, making burst on snap a safe burst is reasonable i think

If you get baited into bursting in a situation where you think of those is going to occur but it didn't that's your fault. Not the game's fault.

It's less that I'm blaming the game for failed bursts and more that I wish it told me successful/failed bursts were a possibility in the first place. At intermediate play or higher, knowing that is the difference between having a fair chance to escape and getting bodied ceaselessly in a corner.

It's less that I'm blaming the game for failed bursts and more that I wish it told me successful/failed bursts were a possibility in the first place. At intermediate play or higher, knowing that is the difference between having a fair chance to escape and getting bodied ceaselessly in a corner.
The game tells you about burst baits in the drama/undizzy tutorial. It literally makes you do a burst bait as Parasoul.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
You can burst while being snapped now, great! Except...well, take a look a this:
This is dirty as hell and I love it. It's a bait like any other, your fault if you fall for it. Not seeing any problem here.

It's not like this is somehow worse than before. You're still losing a character, but now you get to pick which one lives and which one dies. If your point is close to dead anyway and you think you can get the anchor's red health back, it might be worth taking the burst.