• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

I thought that was supposed to be her downside, stubby at neutral - oppressive when she gets close.

Reactions: Nine
Isn't sMP Filia's neutral button? It has decent range, + on block and you can confirm out of it.

Fukua shadows maybe try this or some variation.

L shadow hold drain her health and meter. I feel like this is what sets up the 25/25/25/25 thing the most so maybe make it cost more to do.

M shadow hold drain her meter. absord life on hit to heal some red life even on a team. It's a grab now maybe some lore reason can justify it idk.

H shadow hold drain more health than it currently does.

In terms of Filia getting a neutral button:

I feel like that needs to be more specific? In my opinion, sHP is already a pretty good anti-air for a heavy normal in neutral (plus that sometimes leads into a sHP counterhit). It's pretty fast and has nice hitboxes. That, and Im inclined to agree with some people that it might make her a little too strong in neutral, especially if she is behind a great neutral assist like M Bomber or H Brass. I like how she works right now.

Did research on solo snapping (that I've found):

There are 4.5 characters that can currently Solo snap with one bar--
-Fukua (M Clone) - also gets a combo
-Parasoul (M Egret/Tear expire) - gets a combo
-Peacock (Air George/Item) - med/heavy can get a combo but it's a little hard
---This is actually the same concept as M clone here.
-Robo rockets - The more heads you the easier it is.
-Headless Fortune (head stuff) - gets a combo, but a little head setup required, you could probably setup a combo using stagger (head roll)

Two characters can with 2 meters:
-Squigly (Orb super)
-Double (Puddle)

There are 7 that can not:
-Eliza (recovery from summon takes too long)
-Band (nothing that keeps them in place)
-Filia (HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, you wanna do a snap reset ayy lmao)
-Cere (nothing keeps them in place)
-Beo (mechanical issues with snap)
-Val (projectile recovery, she could if snap was affected by green vial hitstop she could potentially get lvl3 vial)
-PNW (specials n stuff)

All this being said Solo-snaps are fair imo although not every character can do them those who can are for the most part not very good solos (except like double and fukua???). Also, solos are trash so something that's only actually viable to do as BM or as a solo is fine.

[Edit] Can Eliza have a buffer window during the actual "Sekhmet becoming Eliza" animation so that she can act or perform actions on the first frame , this would make not only combos but resets much easier for her. It would allow her to do things like dash, call chair or bird (or any summon) and do other things very much easier.

Last edited:
I can't believe Mike nerfed beo in the only area it matters. Now my chances of getting the WR for killing marie with Beowulf will never happen.

Would it be possible to fix how the scaling ratio "inaccurately" shows how much you do in an EX throw chain? For example, an EX press slam into press slam. It first does 1500 damage, then does 412 damage, saying that it is "x0.550." I know the 412 damage was intentional, but the ratio reading threw me off until reminded that it was a regrab situation.

Is there any way we could get an Eliza Servant buff? I'd like to be able to call the servants quicker after a servant hits something/whiffs. Currently, after calling bird kick and chair, I can't call another until well after they hit/get blocked/whiff and leave the screen. I understand it to an extent, but being unable able to call another servant well after the previous servant is completely off the screen is something that's always been weird to me.

I would rather have a buffer during return base animation than a servant buff in that way. I think that would potentially break the character.

Is there any way we could get an Eliza Servant buff? I'd like to be able to call the servants quicker after a servant hits something/whiffs. Currently, after calling bird kick and chair, I can't call another until well after they hit/get blocked/whiff and leave the screen. I understand it to an extent, but being unable able to call another servant well after the previous servant is completely off the screen is something that's always been weird to me.
I have to strongly disagree with this. Increasing the attack rate on her servants could potentially give Eliza crazy long range pressure. Her current toolset already gives her some long range pressure and mixup potential. I’ve never been strong with Eliza’s long range game but I’ve seen some Eliza’s use it to great effect, and making it any stronger could render it very broken.

As Masqman points out, if Eliza’s going to get buffed, Eliza mains could seriously come up with things way more helpful and less broken than faster servants.

?????????????????????
I’m being completely serious when I say this, but I’d like to hear your reasoning on why they aren’t. This is coming from someone who is trying to seriously play competitively with solo Eliza. Most of the people I talk to feel that solo play is either unviable, non-serious play, or very low tier. They are not solo players, by the way.

– The following section was literally typed up just as the newest beta version was released. –

On a final note, coming from the perspective of an intermediate player, my biggest fear with Fukua is not that she is high tier or even S tier, but that she will become the defining component of the game. As a jack-of-all-trades character, she seems to have better capabilities than any of the other 13 characters that are all specialized towards a specific playstyle or mechanic. Double is very well rounded and very powerful, yet cannot out perform any specific character that specializes in a certain playstyle. She is certainly okay at everything, but not great. Fukua, however, feels as though she is simply great at everything. I’m not being facetious or sarcastic with this, by the way, and I really do hope some high level players address this and explain why I’m wrong – I really want to be.

Can Big Bands Tag In attack do chip damage? I keep finding myself in chip out situtions thinking "oh it's pretty much H brass right?" assuming it will chip them out and then realize it doesn't. I've seen other people do this as well.

Can Big Bands Tag In attack do chip damage? I keep finding myself in chip out situtions thinking "oh it's pretty much H brass right?" assuming it will chip them out and then realize it doesn't. I've seen other people do this as well.
it already has armor lol, i don't believe that it needs chip damage

I keep finding myself in chip out situations thinking "oh this move used to chip right?" and then big band dies

Reactions: 4th and PlatinumPad
Finally, "Say your vitamins and eat your prayers!" is actually in the game, cool.

Also, some suggestions. Along with allowing air diving wulfdog during wulfamania multiple times, there are some things about mic drop. I believe it should give 1/3 hype per mic drop to be more on par with his other options to gain hype. Also, having mic drop being able to combo into s.HP chair-on and into c.HP or c.HK (both chairless). It's weird how you can combo the first hit of s.MP into all those moves, but cannot when you do the second hit. Mic drop has some really good restand properties, so it can maybe open up a couple new combos. Finally, this bug.

Last edited:
Increasing the attack rate on her servants could potentially give Eliza crazy long range pressure.
I'm fine with the change not happening, but I really don't think knocking the summon period down a smidgen would be that oppressive. Best things faster throne could do full screen is score the first hit, then force the opponent to block a second one on wakeup for another 100 damage. The opponent can just jump over or hit them otherwise, they aren't a huge threat especially full screen where all your assists can't reach. Eliza doesn't score anything other than the hit off them without being like 25% of the screen away, either (without doing sekhmet super, I guess).

I don't really mind either way, I've just always found it weird the lag period between being able to call another servant. Slowing it down, it actually looks like just about 40 frames between throne servant being completely off the screen and being able to call another, and about 10 frames for horace.

People were complaining about Fukua being able to snap the point character without making it actually tag the other in. Even though I wouldnt think its necessary to change this, I can understand the reasoning behind it, since its very logic that if you are getting your life back, the drawback is that you are giving away your combo ender (thus resets and w.e). If that was to change, by the way, it should be true to every character that has access to this tool and not only Fukua.

About the new changes:

- The changes on j.HK are mostly whatever. I think the previous nerfs on j.hk > j.hp 's blockstun and removing the "random" cross up j.hk were the real deal and already had the effect. So I just think new changes like that are unnecessary and are missing the point.

- The increased lifedrain on the shadows is a hell of a big thing. People are just considering that Fukua uses the shadows for oki's and setups she gets in the middle of the combos, but dont forget its part of her neutral as well. If I'm charging the shadows in neutral to set up some approach, and keep in mind that the shadows can get hit and disappear, its not really logic to have that much of a life loss. So yeah, 100% against that.

As a solo Parasoul main, I'm not a fan of solos. In my opinion, they are trash. The game is tools>damage and teams have access to a large amount of tools that a solo simply does not.

Shadow hold life drain being doubled is wayyyyy to harsh. I agree with the others that said this already ^

I feel like I'm being punished for winning (it's a stretch but that's just how I feel)

Lenny x Goodfellas catches people off guard if you do a quick reset into ground throw since Lenny will wait for Goodfellas to end though -- of course only really works if you're conditioning them to expect you to continue the combo though. Also with the advent of DHC Goodfellas you can do setups now if you have enough meter to burn. Stuff x L Bang x Lenny DHC Hatred Install x stuff x Death Crawl DHC Goodfellas for example.

The sliding knockdown makes me sad because I can no longer dump 5 meter on someone not paying attention with Lenny, Goodfellas, and Argus Agony all in a row, though. Since, as Ninja-Nutria mentioned, it'll cause them to bounce towards Peacock and they're able to get into her face (I believe it's only +3 though). If there were a way for Lenny to cause the big bouncing knockback off of sliding knockdown that would be nice, it'd help with those few times where you'll throw an opponent directly into Lenny but they just kinda dink off of him despite taking full damage. And I suppose it'd help with sliding knockdown assists when Lenny is in play too.

Going back to this in the midst of Fukua talk, what about Goodfellas doing a wallstick like arm super does? That way doing bombo combos with Lenny don't have them bounce into Peacock's face and putting them at fullscreen like with sliding knockdown is maintained.

just saying for anybody saying she should lose another shadow placement after m shadow probably havent actually gone to practice and discover that pushblocking the first hit reduces the mixup to only a 50/50 (high/low)
if i opt not to or i go for something fake you can escape but if you opt to just sit there and block hold this mixup into another mixup.
You guys are complaining about things you havent labbed zzzzzzzzz

dont worry a "how to beat fukua" guide is coming since people dont seem to be taking the initative.

just saying for anybody saying she should lose another shadow placement after m shadow probably havent actually gone to practice and discover that pushblocking the first hit reduces the mixup to only a 50/50 (high/low)
if i opt not to or i go for something fake you can escape but if you opt to just sit there and block hold this mixup into another mixup.
You guys are complaining about things you havent labbed zzzzzzzzz

dont worry a "how to beat fukua" guide is coming since people dont seem to be taking the initative.
im even more annoyed that lots of the complaints im looking at are based off the footage rather labbing how to escape. 1v2 if I only shadow reset Ill kill you in 4-5 resets.
1v3 is about 3-4
1v1 is about 7
For anybody that doesnt understand solo damage
Any other char 1v2: your dead in 1-2 or resets
1v3: you are either A: getting TOD'd or B: dead in 1 reset.

im even more annoyed that lots of the complaints im looking at are based off the footage rather labbing how to escape. 1v2 if I only shadow reset Ill kill you in 4-5 resets.
1v3 is about 3-4
1v1 is about 7
For anybody that doesnt understand solo damage
Any other char 1v2: your dead in 1-2 or resets
1v3: you are either A: getting TOD'd or B: dead in 1 reset.

Thank you for taking the time to come in here and say what you said. I feel like people see 1 thing that looks good and immediately yell to Mike to Nerf it. Happened with robo in her first week too.

I just also want to voice my concern about the Fukua shadow life drain changes. I get wanting to indirectly nerf them while making them useable in all the same spots I just think the amount in the latest patch is too much.

It's either new or I haven't noticed it but the training mode menu finally saves cursor position. It's a small change but wow does it make a big difference in making training mode even smoother.

edit: nvm im dumb

Last edited:
It's either new or I haven't noticed it but the training mode menu finally saves cursor position. It's a small change but wow does it make a big difference in making training mode even smoother.
??? it always did that

Reactions: Yomabuddy

After Reading that I checked the Beta and went into the lab to check and nothing changed. Its still the same go into Training Options, Scroll down and Change something and B or exit out. Then going back into Training Option still starts you at the top.

If you hit start during training options you exit the menu. If you hit start again you'll start back at that thing.

I'm pretty sure this is "has been since forever" thing.

Reactions: Shuffleupagus
are people okay with pw 2MK 5HP not being a blockstring? The way it is now is similar to how 2LK 5MK for fortune and that got changed.

I personally don't care but I'd rather it be a blockstring and I just delay my button if I want it to frame trap. You know, so people don't just super through it.

Oddly enough 2LK 5HP IS a blockstring for pw.

(By the way pw 2LK max range 2MK ((you know where it's hard to tell what max range is and mostly nothing works afaik if you dare try 2MK [5HP still hits at max range after 2LK but options are either limited or character specific] and pw dies for hitting you)) still happens to me a lot and I dunno if that was ever getting fixed)

If you hit start during training options you exit the menu. If you hit start again you'll start back at that thing.

I'm pretty sure this is "has been since forever" thing.

Wow never realized it cause I always used B to back out of the Pause/Option Menu. Thanks

are people okay with pw 2MK 5HP not being a blockstring? The way it is now is similar to how 2LK 5MK for fortune and that got changed.
2MK>5HP

Man parasoul tbh

New build

Title screen build ID 15145

General
- Moved replay data folder to MyDocuments/Skullgirls[_Beta]/Replays_SG2EPlus/ so the new format doesn't interfere with original Skullgirls 2nd Encore replays, since the original Skullgirls 2nd Encore retail build will be archived and it’d be nice not to have those replays break.
- Bugfix: In Training Mode, if Health is not set to Normal or Infinite, assists do not reset their health during double snaps or any other time the point character is in hitstun, even if the assist recovers from hitstun.

Double
- The puddle now won't attempt grab enemies that are being thrown, so it won't ruin Valentine's Lv3 when DHC’d into up close.
- The puddle won't expire during the last part of Cerebella's Ultimate Showstopper or the last part of Valentine’s Lv3, to not ruin DHCs that worked previously.

Fukua
- j.HK vulnerable boxes extend to the full length 1f sooner than before (down from 4f sooner). Visual timing adjusted so she's visually got something in the area you can hit for 2 frames before you can hit it.
- s.MK forward movement reduced by 25%. This lessens her far ranged poking game a bit, while still leaving this a very strong button for the range it covers instead of adding new situations where it would lose or trade by modifying the hitboxes. (It also turns out to be closer to what the original animation specified. :^P Double’s was not adjusted because she can’t do it without doing the knee first.)
- Life drain while holding a Clone reduced, but increases the more Clones you’ve used in the current combo. Much less for simply holding one in neutral now, but doing a high/low reset with a Clone, into M Clone into setting up another gets the very high drain rate.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/528440583676717389

Might be a bit late to make this observation, but does anyone else think it's strange that squigly HK divekick always uncombos vs assists? Against just an assist it skips the followup, but in a happy birthday situation where you hit both characters, the assist simply endures less hitstun and drops out every time.

Might be a bit late to make this observation, but does anyone else think it's strange that squigly HK divekick always uncombos vs assists? Against just an assist it skips the followup, but in a happy birthday situation where you hit both characters, the assist simply endures less hitstun and drops out every time.
Assist characters do not experience hitstop, and I'm like 96% certain H divekick is a majority hitstop, so they can pretty much leave as soon as they hit the ground. That being said it makes me cry if I hit green IPS to early in the combo and I have to use H dive in order to keep it but yeah,