• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

Currently the lore of Robo-Fortune is:

Created by Brain Drain in the likeness of Nadia Fortune, little is known about Robo-Fortune's origins, motives or fate in the universe of Skullgirls.

I speculate Robo-Fortune was created by Brain Drain as a counter to Eliza and Sekhmet. Robo-Fortune is a robot, and thus, has no blood for Eliza to feed on. Big Band is a cyborg and is still alive, and can still be killed.

Was looking through the story art, and in one of Filia's flashback pictures, specifically the one with her parents, there's a dark silhouette of a guy that looks suspiciously like the Skullgirl's latest Medici victim in Parasoul's story newsreel. Kinda weird he'd be blacked out in the flashback. I think he also appears (was it Squigly or Painwheel story?) somewhere else. Can't double check right now.

Was looking through the story art, and in one of Filia's flashback pictures, specifically the one with her parents, there's a dark silhouette of a guy that looks suspiciously like the Skullgirl's latest Medici victim in Parasoul's story newsreel. Kinda weird he'd be blacked out in the flashback. I think he also appears (was it Squigly or Painwheel story?) somewhere else. Can't double check right now.
That guy isn't a victim of the Skullgirl, he's Lorenzo Medici - head of the Medici crime family. He's the extremely old man that pops up in Peacock's ending and a couple of times in Eliza's. It's been implied that he's been keeping himself young using the Life Gem, but since Ms. Fortune stole it he's been aging rapidly. He's kept this a secret though and everyone just thinks he vanished while he tries to get the Gem back, which is why the news showed him as a young man.

That flashback sequence in Filia's also implies that her father is related to Vitale, and thus she is Lorenzo's granddaughter.

So is all of the Medicis bad people or is it only the people who are around Lorenzo?
Bella, Feng and Hubrecht are probably the only sympathetic ones currently (ie. not counting Filia) in the group.

So is all of the Medicis bad people or is it only the people who are around Lorenzo?
They're all members of the mafia, but no one is the villain of their own story. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not the kids of low level mafia enforcers wake up and cackle, "Time for another day at evil school!"
When Painwheel tried to go back home, her parents didnt even consider asking who she actually was or why she said "Mom, Dad" I mean.
In their defense, Painwheel shows up at their door complete with glowing red eyes, skull face mask and a huge rotating blade sticking out of her back. This is also at a time when numerous people living in Maplecrest have all been murdered by the Skullgirl and there have been Television warnings to be wary of said Skullgirl.
For all they know Carol is already dead, and even if they recognized her (which they clearly didn't), she could have been raised from the dead and used a weapon by the Skullgirl to kill them.

Robo-Fortune is a robot, and thus, has no blood for Eliza to feed on.
Except maybe for Skullgirl blood cuz you know, the anti Skullgirs labs love using Skullgirl blood.

Except maybe for Skullgirl blood cuz you know, the anti Skullgirs labs love using Skullgirl blood.
Or maybe just Brain Drain and his team does.

Also does Marie even have blood anymore?

Also does Marie even have blood anymore?[/QUOTE]

well Eliza didn't find any in her.

I think once a woman goes full on Skullgirl she's drained of blood.
I guess it's important to harvest that stuff while they're still fresh.

I think the reason Valentine works for both the Skullheart and Lab Zero is because she needed the blood of Marie to put into Painwheel when they were making her.

I feel there's a very critical and small window of time to get Skullgirl blood. You get it too early, it's slightly inhuman blood, you get it too late and you're left with nothing at all. It probably has to happen sometime after the transformation becomes active and she's relatively still human.

Hey, while everyone's talking about skullgirls, why was the queen's skullgirl form wearing the trininty crown thing?that always bugged me.
A Queen has gotta have a crown, right? I'd assume its proper canopy kingdom royalty attire.
Also, considering that Parasoul wears a trinity cross I wouldn't put the thought of the whole family being religious, maybe Nancy was even Zealous which would explain her crown resembling Lamias. Maybe in her Skullgirl mind she is doing a holy duty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
A Queen has gotta have a crown, right? I'd assume its proper canopy kingdom royalty attire.
Also, considering that Parasoul wears a trinity cross I wouldn't put the thought of the whole family being religious, maybe Nancy was even Zealous which would explain her crown resembling Lamias. Maybe in her Skullgirl mind she is doing a holy duty.
That would make sense! Thanks, Super Milk Chan!
Though another thing. What happened to her sword/umbrella? did she still use it as a Skullgirl?

Continuing from the Canon info thread:

I don't think the timeline makes sense for him to have worked on Squigly's case. As Big Band, he has fought 2 previous Skullgirls along with Ileum. That would include both Queen Nancy and Selene Contiello. Since the event that caused Squigly's death triggered the Selene Skullgirl event 14 years ago, it doesn't really make sense that Ben could have worked on that case pre-Big Band. (If there was indeed even much of a case to work on. I wonder if there would have been much of a crime scene left to investigate in the Skullgirl's wake.)

Well, darn, my potential fanfic is ruined. Maybe?

I imagined that the Selene didn't go Super Saiyan Skullgirl right then and there at that party given that the Skullheart has transformation stages, and thus implying that even the Skullgirl's power must build up to a certain extent. At the very least, it sounds like the transformations aren't usually instantaneous. Therefore, Selene had to bide her time somewhat before she could strike back. Then again, given the extreme circumstances the pact was made, Selene could have very well have came out full on Carrie mode and just went on a full on rampage right then and there.

It's fairly likely the transformations and the buildup of power occur at different times for different people and different emotional states. Makes sense.

Squigly is (was?) an opera singer, not a jazz singer. :P I imagine that Big Band probably knew of the Contiello family prior to her death, but I'm not sure if he would have been a fan of her. Maybe so, maybe not.
I don't see it as impossible for jazz fan to appreciate other musical genres.

I'm inferring all of this from Big Band's Squigly specific quotes. He definitively knows of her and it really does sound like Big Band has some solemn respect for her.
"Rest easy, Sienna..."
Perhaps he is just a fan of her work or perhaps something even more involved? I really do strongly feel that Big Band is connected to Squigly somehow.

I don't see how Big Band could have worked Squigly's case is completely impossible. It's not like Skullgirls go on a city wide rampages right then and there. Marie didn't commit any out right destruction for months after becoming the Skullgirl. Strong wills aside, I feel that she didn't go after the Medici family right then and there because she wasn't strong enough. She was only taking out member after member because even she couldn't just assault the Medici tower and go for the jugular yet. Only recently did she finally gain that power.

My point is, Big Band could have investigated the murder, get attacked, get put in the Brass Lung, and still have been able to fight Selene. A tight schedule, I admit. Assuming the average Skullgirl's buildup of power (to Marie's current level) is about 6 months, that's a hard sell that Big Band could have recovered well enough to even become accumulated to the Brass Lung, let alone be able to fight.

Of course, this is super science we are taking about, and not a lot of Birdland's original body is really left. It could very well be that his body didn't need a great deal of time to recover because he didn't have much of body left that needed to heal anymore. I mean, they even replaced his blood for Trinity's sake.

Dunno about a "circle" of cops he could have trusted, but Irvin seemed to be one, although we don't really know what he was doing during and after Ben was attacked. Probably something that will be explored further if Irvin ever becomes playable.
We need a comic or something, man.

I get the sense that Big Band knew Irving, but didn't work very closely with him. He seems shady, I'll give you that, but I also sense (or am just wishfully thinking) that Irving looks up to or was inspired by Big Band. Big Band was about 30 or so when he was left for dead, and Irving seems rather young, he seems be around 30. I imagine that Irving was just a beat cop when he was working with Big Band.
-seeing as he does look sorta like to Lorenzo (maybe related)
-in the medici tower there is a protrait the kinda looks like him meaning he would be someone of importance in the group
The similarity between Irvin and Lorenzo's youngest son (as seen in the portrait) has been mentioned before. I'm not sure if it's intended or if it's simply a coincidence though. I do find it hard to think that one of Lorenzo Medici's son could have worked in the police force for all that time and no one had noticed.
Yeah, I sincerely doubt that a Medici would be working as a low level cop.

Given the massive corruption of the New Meridian PD, it's not entirely unthinkable that the police would directly and overtly work alongside the Medici or even change professions and be directly employed by them. Irving could easily exploit that for an investigation.

Speaking of the Medici family, I think the reason why they managed to become so powerful and influential is because they pretty much fund the restoration efforts after a Skullgirl rampage. I imagine that construction and insurance businesses are making a killing off of such cyclic destruction. Take control over those companies and you might as well be king yourself. The Canopy aristocracy not only can't touch you, but are probably dependent on you, or even in debt to you.

Not only that, with the Medici funding and coordinating the post-Skullgirl logistics, including food lines and shelters, instead of the Canopy royalty having to do it themselves, thereby allowing them to focus on being snobby rich douchebags fighting the Skullgirl and other military aspects. Your grip on society couldn't be more solid; the Canopy royalty couldn't touch you even if they had pictures and eyewitness accounts of the Medici dining on babies. Hell, they would have to actually go out of their way to protect you given how indispensable you are to the economy and the comfort of your average citizen.

I'm always amazed how I'm able to find time out of my day to write tl;dr about dumb stuff.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Well, darn, my potential fanfic is ruined. Maybe?
Lol. Well, idk, maybe it could use some adjustment to line up with the currently-known canon info.

I imagined that the Selene didn't go Super Saiyan Skullgirl right then and there at that party given that the Skullheart has transformation stages, and thus implying that even the Skullgirl's power must build up to a certain extent. At the very least, it sounds like the transformations aren't usually instantaneous. Therefore, Selene had to bide her time somewhat before she could strike back. Then again, given the extreme circumstances the pact was made, Selene could have very well have came out full on Carrie mode and just went on a full on rampage right then and there.

It's fairly likely the transformations and the buildup of power occur at different times for different people and different emotional states. Makes sense.
Yeah, while it's not said directly, I imagine that the latter was the case with Selene. From Filia's story, we know that one factor that affects the Skullgirl's transformation is the pureness of the wish. A relatively selfless wish like Filia's meant that she had a while before being transformed into the Skullgirl. Queen Nancy, whose wish was for peace between the three warring kingdoms, also had a long transformation and it has been implied that she was already in the process of turning into the Skullgirl while she was pregnant with Umbrella. Selene's wish to bring her family back would have been something that would be seen by the Skull Heart as very selfish, therefore her transformation would have been quick. Coupled with the extreme situation in which she comes across the Skull Heart, like you said, I think her transformation would have been almost instantaneous.

I don't see it as impossible for jazz fan to appreciate other musical genres.
Me either. I just don't think him appreciating jazz would imply either way whether or not he would have been a fan of Squigly.

I'm inferring all of this from Big Band's Squigly specific quotes. He definitively knows of her and it really does sound like Big Band has some solemn respect for her.
"Rest easy, Sienna..."
Perhaps he is just a fan of her work or perhaps something even more involved? I really do strongly feel that Big Band is connected to Squigly somehow.

I don't see how Big Band could have worked Squigly's case is completely impossible. It's not like Skullgirls go on a city wide rampages right then and there. Marie didn't commit any out right destruction for months after becoming the Skullgirl. Strong wills aside, I feel that she didn't go after the Medici family right then and there because she wasn't strong enough. She was only taking out member after member because even she couldn't just assault the Medici tower and go for the jugular yet. Only recently did she finally gain that power.

My point is, Big Band could have investigated the murder, get attacked, get put in the Brass Lung, and still have been able to fight Selene. A tight schedule, I admit. Assuming the average Skullgirl's buildup of power (to Marie's current level) is about 6 months, that's a hard sell that Big Band could have recovered well enough to even become accumulated to the Brass Lung, let alone be able to fight.

Of course, this is super science we are taking about, and not a lot of Birdland's original body is really left. It could very well be that his body didn't need a great deal of time to recover because he didn't have much of body left that needed to heal anymore. I mean, they even replaced his blood for Trinity's sake.
Actually, I think the circumstances in which they came to know each other is a lot simpler than that. Squigly became an undead minion of the Skullgirl after Selene's transformation, but kept her self-control with the help of Leviathan. Big Band was fighting against Selene. The likelihood is that Big Band and post-death Squigly met each other when he was fighting Selene. Not a very exciting explanation I admit, but it's the simplest.

We need a comic or something, man.

I get the sense that Big Band knew Irving, but didn't work very closely with him. He seems shady, I'll give you that, but I also sense (or am just wishfully thinking) that Irving looks up to or was inspired by Big Band. Big Band was about 30 or so when he was left for dead, and Irving seems rather young, he seems be around 30. I imagine that Irving was just a beat cop when he was working with Big Band.
I agree. I got pretty excited when Ravidrath mentioned that Irvin would have been one of the votable characters during the Indiegogo campaign, but it turned out that either he was mistaken or Alex changed his mind about including him. He's one of the characters I'm most interested about. :(

Anyway, Irvin mentioned that Ben was his partner, so they were probably of the same or similar rank in the New Meridian police force. From their conversation in the story mode, they know each other pretty well and have kept in touch since Ben became Big Band. Still, if it turns out that Irvin was part of the dirty cops that betrayed him, it won't surprise me. Right now we know very little about Irvin to know what his personality or intentions are.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt that a Medici would be working as a low level cop.

Given the massive corruption of the New Meridian PD, it's not entirely unthinkable that the police would directly and overtly work alongside the Medici or even change professions and be directly employed by them. Irving could easily exploit that for an investigation.

Speaking of the Medici family, I think the reason why they managed to become so powerful and influential is because they pretty much fund the restoration efforts after a Skullgirl rampage. I imagine that construction and insurance businesses are making a killing off of such cyclic destruction. Take control over those companies and you might as well be king yourself. The Canopy aristocracy not only can't touch you, but are probably dependent on you, or even in debt to you.

Not only that, with the Medici funding and coordinating the post-Skullgirl logistics, including food lines and shelters, instead of the Canopy royalty having to do it themselves, thereby allowing them to focus on being snobby rich douchebags fighting the Skullgirl and other military aspects. Your grip on society couldn't be more solid; the Canopy royalty couldn't touch you even if they had pictures and eyewitness accounts of the Medici dining on babies. Hell, they would have to actually go out of their way to protect you given how indispensable you are to the economy and the comfort of your average citizen.

I'm always amazed how I'm able to find time out of my day to write tl;dr about dumb stuff.
Heh, that's a pretty good theory actually. I can definitely imagine the Medicis making their riches from profiteering from the Skullgirl. We already know they dabble in the slave trade with war orphans, so they are already doing a lot more evil stuff outside the city limits.

Currently the lore of Robo-Fortune is:

Created by Brain Drain in the likeness of Nadia Fortune, little is known about Robo-Fortune's origins, motives or fate in the universe of Skullgirls.

You know what's weird? I never thought Brain Drain would be any good at robotics. Stanley and Tom (and Geiger) were all more into that stuff. I guess Brain Drain is becoming the fall guy for all joke characters... I always thought Painwheel was pretty ridiculous.

@Dokurider @Chrono_Tata @jam1220 @Wildpony
You know what? I also was obsessed with Irvin when I first got the game. He was just... there. Like what was his relevance?
I noted his resemblance to the Medici son and thought there was a connection, but they started to look less alike the more I looked at them. I considered he could be that son's son, making him Lorenzo's grandson.
Then came the Indiegogo campaign and he wasn't an option, I guessed it was because he's more of a side character in other characters stories like Albus, Horace, Vitale and Andy Anvil (which is why I didn't vote for Andy or any of the Egrets.) Another thing about Irvin that would make him unplayable is his lack of a gimmick. He has a gun in a shoulder holster, he'd just kick, punch, occasionally shoot... maybe handcuff people, nothing worth seeing.
Anyway I had my suspicions that he'd be relevant in Big Band's story and I was right, which was great. But it wasn't exactly insightful with who the man was and what his role in the story was gonna be. All we did was learn his age, which was give or take 40-49.

HOLD ON A MINUTE!!!! HE MIGHT BE IMPORTANT AFTER ALL!
He looks way younger than that!
It is theorized that Lorenzo is over a hundred years old and should be long dead, based on the way he practically melts when he doesn't have the life gem. (Some theorize he was the original ruler of the land before the Renoir's took over hundreds of years ago) Vitale is presumably his eldest son, and could be anywhere from 40-55 based on his appearance. But you figure Lorenzo would have had his kids longer ago, in fact the portrait of Vitale in Lorenzo's office shows him with grey hair and a full beard. Meaning Vitale himself could be much older than he appears. (That would explain why in Cerebella's ending Vitale is enjoying being the sole-owner of the Life Gem, without returning it do his dad.) Irvin may have aged far less than Big Band simply due to the fact that he has looked the same age for many years because Lorenzo shares the Life Gem with his kin!
Now that you mention it, why on earth would Lorenzo suddenly hold the River King's daughter ransom? He's already loaded and his gang already occupies the casino, so what could he want from the River King? However, both Lawrence and Riccardo have witnessed that Ms. Fortune and Minette are friends AND have first hand knowledge that she has the Life Gem. So Fortune would walk into Medici Tower, where Ottomo, Dahlia, Cerebella, Beatrix and a hundred Medici goons would be waiting! Plus Irvin himself!
I think it all makes a lot of sense, save for the fact that Lorenzo bothered to kidnap all of Minette's sisters (kind of pointless, unless it is a red herring, pun intended) and it is kind of weird that Lorenzo would have a son who was a regular old police constable turned into a freelance private eye (doesn't do the family much good in such a low position.)

Reactions: Wildpony
You know what? I also was obsessed with Irvin when I first got the game. He was just... there. Like what was his relevance?
I noted his resemblance to the Medici son and thought there was a connection, but they started to look less alike the more I looked at them. I considered he could be that son's son, making him Lorenzo's grandson.
Then came the Indiegogo campaign and he wasn't an option, I guessed it was because he's more of a side character in other characters stories like Albus, Horace, Vitale and Andy Anvil (which is why I didn't vote for Andy or any of the Egrets.) Another thing about Irvin that would make him unplayable is his lack of a gimmick. He has a gun in a shoulder holster, he'd just kick, punch, occasionally shoot... maybe handcuff people, nothing worth seeing.
Anyway I had my suspicions that he'd be relevant in Big Band's story and I was right, which was great. But it wasn't exactly insightful with who the man was and what his role in the story was gonna be. All we did was learn his age, which was give or take 40-49.

HOLD ON A MINUTE!!!! HE MIGHT BE IMPORTANT AFTER ALL!
He looks way younger than that!
It is theorized that Lorenzo is over a hundred years old and should be long dead, based on the way he practically melts when he doesn't have the life gem. (Some theorize he was the original ruler of the land before the Renoir's took over hundreds of years ago) Vitale is presumably his eldest son, and could be anywhere from 40-55 based on his appearance. But you figure Lorenzo would have had his kids longer ago, in fact the portrait of Vitale in Lorenzo's office shows him with grey hair and a full beard. Meaning Vitale himself could be much older than he appears. (That would explain why in Cerebella's ending Vitale is enjoying being the sole-owner of the Life Gem, without returning it do his dad.) Irvin may have aged far less than Big Band simply due to the fact that he has looked the same age for many years because Lorenzo shares the Life Gem with his kin!
Now that you mention it, why on earth would Lorenzo suddenly hold the River King's daughter ransom? He's already loaded and his gang already occupies the casino, so what could he want from the River King? However, both Lawrence and Riccardo have witnessed that Ms. Fortune and Minette are friends AND have first hand knowledge that she has the Life Gem. So Fortune would walk into Medici Tower, where Ottomo, Dahlia, Cerebella, Beatrix and a hundred Medici goons would be waiting! Plus Irvin himself!
I think it all makes a lot of sense, save for the fact that Lorenzo bothered to kidnap all of Minette's sisters (kind of pointless, unless it is a red herring, pun intended) and it is kind of weird that Lorenzo would have a son who was a regular old police constable turned into a freelance private eye (doesn't do the family much good in such a low position.)
On the other hand, when he was left out of the vote, I knew something was up. Characters were not being excluded because of irrelevance, since many other characters were included that are basically side characters such as Yu-wan, Regina, Beowulf, etc., who, while interesting characters in their own rights, seem to have little relevance to the plot. The more likely reason that a character would be left out is that it would be impossible to make them playable without huge spoilers to later parts of the Skullgirls story.

Also, if you take a look at his "weapons" in his holsters, they don't actually seem to be guns. Both are just featureless blocks of... something. A gun would have a defined shape for a handle, a trigger, a hammer, or some sort of mechanism that you could see. The things in his holsters are just featureless black blocks. It doesn't seem to be just laziness on the artists' part either, since, if you look at the first cutscene in Big Band's story, guns such as the one in Ben's holster are drawn in details. With a character that has got significant screen time and dialogue, and the general details given to machineries in Skullgirls (just look at Big Band's art assets), I don't think the artists would have cheaped out on drawing his guns. The weapons looking like that is definitely intentional. So if they are not guns, what the heck are they?

As for the River King's daughters being kidnapped (never said that they are being held for ransom), I think it has something to do with the Life Gem. Since Lorenzo is unable to retrieve the Life Gem and is quickly dying, he's getting desperate. Desperate enough that he doesn't care if he makes enemy with the River King, who is implied to be a pretty damn powerful figure in New Meridian. My guess is that the River King's daughters will be used in some kind of scientific/magical/both method in order to prolong Lorenzo's life.

Or of course the kidnapping of the River King's daughters could be used to lure in Ms Fortune, who will obviously come to her friend's, Minette's, rescue. But then why bother kidnapping ALL of the River King's daughters and risking royally pissing off the River King? Just kidnapping Minette would have been enough, or he could have kidnapped his selection of Little Innsmouth's population that aren't directly related to the River King. Him kidnapping specifically all the daughters of the River King must have a deeper reason than simply drawing out Ms Fortune.

So if they are not guns, what the heck are they?

In all seriousness I agree with you that Irvin's story would just reveal too much about the kidnapping case for him to be a potential DLC Character. Plus he just doesn't seem like the type of character that's meant to be played.
I don't know how to explain it, but you've got a lot of good ideas Chrono.

In all seriousness I agree with you that Irvin's story would just reveal too much about the kidnapping case for him to be a potential DLC Character. Plus he just doesn't seem like the type of character that's meant to be played.
I don't know how to explain it, but you've got a lot of good ideas Chrono.
Damn now I will imagine Irvin's playstyle as smacking people on the nose with wooden guns forever.

But yeah, he does look unassuming but I think Alex has something interesting up his sleeves for Irvin's playstyle. Ravidrath sounded pretty excited when he teased us about it.

Reactions: Denizen
But yeah, he does look unassuming but I think Alex has something interesting up his sleeves for Irvin's playstyle. Ravidrath sounded pretty excited when he teased us about it.
Where?

Lol. Well, idk, maybe it could use some adjustment to line up with the currently-known canon info.

Yeah, while it's not said directly, I imagine that the latter was the case with Selene. From Filia's story, we know that one factor that affects the Skullgirl's transformation is the pureness of the wish. A relatively selfless wish like Filia's meant that she had a while before being transformed into the Skullgirl. Queen Nancy, whose wish was for peace between the three warring kingdoms, also had a long transformation and it has been implied that she was already in the process of turning into the Skullgirl while she was pregnant with Umbrella. Selene's wish to bring her family back would have been something that would be seen by the Skull Heart as very selfish, therefore her transformation would have been quick. Coupled with the extreme situation in which she comes across the Skull Heart, like you said, I think her transformation would have been almost instantaneous.

Actually, I think the circumstances in which they came to know each other is a lot simpler than that. Squigly became an undead minion of the Skullgirl after Selene's transformation, but kept her self-control with the help of Leviathan. Big Band was fighting against Selene. The likelihood is that Big Band and post-death Squigly met each other when he was fighting Selene. Not a very exciting explanation I admit, but it's the simplest.
Fair enough...

I agree. I got pretty excited when Ravidrath mentioned that Irvin would have been one of the votable characters during the Indiegogo campaign, but it turned out that either he was mistaken or Alex changed his mind about including him. He's one of the characters I'm most interested about. :(
Well, I meant that I'm worried that adding every possible character from the Indiegog campaign, let alone beyond that, seems a little unrealistic or will take a very long time to achieve. I think some kind of comic would help out the secondary character of Skullgirls, especially the ones that can't realistically have fighting potential.

Heh, that's a pretty good theory actually. I can definitely imagine the Medicis making their riches from profiteering from the Skullgirl. We already know they dabble in the slave trade with war orphans, so they are already doing a lot more evil stuff outside the city limits.

I think the human trafficking's ultimate goal is to find super soldiers for their own agenda. And what would that be? A Skullgirl deterrent service. The ability to stop the Skullgirl from destroying your valuable assets, would be worth a fortune. If it works out well enough, you could even push her into destroying the unpopular or competition. The Cirque des Cartes seems to be the beginnings to this. I mean, why else assemble a group of superhumans? To just break legs? You could do the same with a couple of hard hitting pipes.

I mean, why else assemble a group of superhumans?
To just break legs? You could do the same with a couple of hard hitting pipes.
You're underestimating what a pipe in the right hands can do.
Superhumans? Pfft, don't make me laugh.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
tumblr_nei1musnHK1skx39go1_500.png

An interesting screencap with Eliza’s frames in her anchor transition.

Originally, I just disregarded the ‘keep our rating’ way of saying she controls blood but the cells thing is interesting here.

Why would it seem completely separated from the rest of the red goop? I mostly just kept shit like the jars as a ‘aesthetic’ thing since Eliza could afford it but I like the idea of the cells now, especially if there’s two sets of it.

One for protecting Sekhmet and the internal set from harm and the internal set for mimicking organs Sekhmet perhaps needs.

I imagine she can make more but it requires fuel, like blood and the internal set could potentially just keep repairing itself if it has access to blood and I think Sekhmet’s ‘heart’ makes all this.

Hell, Sekhmet could not have any internal organs of her own and the only one she has is that ‘heart’ the makes substitute organs, that’s why she would need a host, to give her enough fuel to make the cell sets and survive, plus it would allow her to hint for more blood.

GODDAMN BIOLOGY.

First off, because they have to constantly deal with the Skullgirl every 7 years, technological and social progress does not proceed as fast as our time. So the Canopy Kingdom could take 100 or even 150 years to achieve what we have done in 50. It could very well be 2014 there too, but they've only economicized 1920's technology. Economized as in what's commercially viable or even available. They seem to have much more advanced technology under wraps. So when I say 50 years ago, I mean that in Canopy Kingdom years.

But yeah, 50 years ago (in Canopy Progress Years), the construction companies were actually controlled by various criminal organizations. I would have said the insurance companies, but insurance companies are typically too white collar and middle class to be dominated by criminal organizations. Besides they don't need help screwing people over anyways, like they undoubtedly try to do in the wake of a Skullgirl attack. But anyways, underworld groups usually control more blue collar enterprises, like say...construction companies. They can have members employed in relevant positions, convince them to work together, or even just start their own.

In the beginning, it was pretty neck and neck between the various organizations. Obviously random destruction allows for shake ups and the redrawing of territories and in-between attacks, competition was often bloody. The Medici were just another mafioso group grabbing for post-relief funds. Maybe they were stronger than average or weaker, but they weren't even close to being able to dominate like they do now. So something obviously happened to give the Medicis the leg up to take over everything.

Now the question is, did the Medici, perhaps under Lorenzo or maybe even Lorenzo's father, just plain outmaneuvered everyone and managed to take everyone else out Godfather style, or was it the Life Gem that allowed them to simply outlive the competition? I would like to buy into the idea that the Life Gem gave them the edge somehow. While Lorenzo didn't eat/absorb the Life Gem like Ms. Fortune did, perhaps just carrying it around with him would allow him to survive attempts on his life (either from hits made from other gangs or treachery from within)? If that were the case, that would allow him to make much bolder and aggressive moves, seeing that he doesn't have to fear for his life as long as he has the Life Gem.

The only way you could be removed from power in this case would be obviously to take the Life Gem, and that's what Vitale set out to do. Realized that his old man was going to outlive him or his ascend to power will only happen when he is a very old man and thus very short and hard to enjoy, he decided to take the Life Gem for himself. Not as easy as it sounds. Even if you could easily remove it from him, whose going to be suspect number 1? Obviously the only people that know about the Life Gem, ie, Vitale himself. You damn well bet that Lorenzo first move was to look over his son and his assets. So the only way to steal it is through third party...

Enter the Fishbone Gang. All Vitale had to do was convince them to steal valuables, including the Life Gem and then somehow convince one of them to swallow the Life Gem so Black Dahlia couldn't find it. Vitale could deflect blame from himself onto the Feral gangs. After that, have Cerebella find Ms. Fortune and get it back, given jewel creation is one of Vice-Versa's abilities. Why make this move now under the shadow of a Skullgirl attack was either bad timing or an attempt to take advantage of it, I'd like to think the latter to cover up his plot (like how he deliberately poked holes in security so the Fishbone Gang had a chance to steal the Life Gem).

First off, because they have to constantly deal with the Skullgirl every 7 years, technological and social progress does not proceed as fast as our time. So the Canopy Kingdom could take 100 or even 150 years to achieve what we have done in 50. It could very well be 2014 there too, but they've only economicized 1920's technology. Economized as in what's commercially viable or even available. They seem to have much more advanced technology under wraps. So when I say 50 years ago, I mean that in Canopy Kingdom years.
I don't think the Skullheart was localized in just the Canopy Kingdom, Parasoul's mother was apparently 'far away' so Squigly couldn't of been brought back soo...

On that note what country is out there aside the Canopy Kingdom? I know there's the Dragon Kingdom and the Gigan nation but what else?

All Vitale had to do was convince them to steal valuables, including the Life Gem and then somehow convince one of them to swallow the Life Gem so Black Dahlia couldn't find it.

This assumes that Vitale somehow knows more about the properties of the Life Gem than either Black Dahlia or Lorenzo, if he's going to fool them.

On that note what country is out there aside the Canopy Kingdom? I know there's the Dragon Kingdom and the Gigan nation but what else?
There's the Chess Kingdom and the anarchy of No Man's Land in between.
There may be unnamed island nations too but I'm not sure about that.

There's the Chess Kingdom and the anarchy of No Man's Land in between.
There may be unnamed island nations too but I'm not sure about that.
Yeah they're a collection of smaller countries in between the major super power nations. The Balkans spring to mind as far as a real life equivalent.

This assumes that Vitale somehow knows more about the properties of the Life Gem than either Black Dahlia or Lorenzo, if he's going to fool them.
True, but sending the girl that can conveniently extract gems after Ms. Fortune seems a little too convenient. Besides, he had to have someway of making sure Black Dahlia didn't find the Life Gem the moment she found the Fishbone Gang or his plan would have been for naught.

I think the swallowing of the Life Gem was actually more of the Fishbone Gang's standard procedure. It's a decent way of hiding valuables in a pinch, I'll give Ms. Fortune that.

Perhaps Vitale didn't know that either? Perhaps he just assumed the Life Gem wasn't strong enough to allow it's wielder to survive complete dismemberment and was just going to send a dive team to shift through the remains to retrieve it? And maybe Cerebella transforming Ms. Fortune into the Life Gem was just symbolic (to maintain the game's T rating?) of what really happened: Cerebella just plain ripped it out of her.

I don't think the Skullheart was localized in just the Canopy Kingdom, Parasoul's mother was apparently 'far away' so Squigly couldn't of been brought back soo...
Ah, that's a good point. New Meridian isn't the only city in the Canopy Kingdom that the Skullgirl could have came through now that you mention it. Still, a rampage every so often would still slow technological and social progress. And the Skullgirl before that did occur in New Meridian.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like your gut is a poor hiding place, when your opponent is known for chopping people up. That's like, the most reckless place ever. There's no way Vitale intended that.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss