• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

I still strongly disagree with you on most of those points, but this is the speculation thread so it's bound to happen.

This isn't exactly a concrete enough idea to go into headcanons, and I didn't think of putting it in my list of stuff to ask Alex, so here's another thing that I was wondering.

Is the Skull Heart actually some sort of Parasite? Or is it "related" to Parasites in some way?

I mean, we do know that both Parasites and the Skull Heart are related to the element Theonite, and the Skull Heart does exhibit some Parasite-like qualities. The goddesses who (supposedly) created it have Parasites, too... I just wonder, is it a totally unique entity, or is it more familiar than once thought?

There are a couple things that are inconsistent, like an inability to join with or separate from its host willfully (otherwise I'm certain it would have taken over Umbrella as soon as it had the chance). It also doesn't seem to have a voice until it's been severed from Marie. And of course, there's the matter of it not "dying" when it doesn't have a host...

I just sort of wonder about it. It's a mysterious thing, that.

Is the Skull Heart actually some sort of Parasite? Or is it "related" to Parasites in some way?
I thought it was always a fact that the Skull Heart was just a super strong parasite created by the Trinity.

I mean it follows all of the rules that Parasites follow and I'm not sure where or when but I'm pretty sure I heard Alex Ahad say something along those lines.

Avery, along with the rest of Peacock's Cronies, is most likely just a projection of Peacock's shattered psyche. Nothing more than an imaginary friend taking physical form.

Besides, Alex Ahad aready confirmed in his last Q&A that Synthetic Parasites are non-sentient.

See, what I find curious about this is that Peacock has the ability to basically tear the very fabric of reality a new one with her own imagination, so is it theoretically possible that her gang could take on independent identities on the basis that she interprets them as having them? Sort of a "I think, therefore I am" thing.

See, what I find curious about this is that Peacock has the ability to basically tear the very fabric of reality a new one with her own imagination, so is it theoretically possible that her gang could take on independent identities on the basis that she interprets them as having them? Sort of a "I think, therefore I am" thing.
As a philosophy grad, I'm obliged to point out that that's not what Descartes meant by that quote. Interesting point, though.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
As a philosophy grad, I'm obliged to point out that that's not what Descartes meant by that quote. Interesting point, though.

Shh, it's close enough.

I think it's more likely he was named after the guy who invented the tubes they use in Geiger counters (that's why they're called that).

I think it's more likely he was named after the guy who invented the tubes they use in Geiger counters (that's why they're called that).
Maybe a bit of both?
Fuck if I know.

1397123005529.jpg

4chan delivered today, old concept art of Parasoul's family being Cyclops.

Seems like king Franz skipped leg day But on a serious note, I remember when Parasoul had a tree growing out her eye. the amount of development these girls recieved

4chan delivered today, old concept art of Parasoul's family being Cyclops.
Nancy's got style, Franz is a badass, Umbrella's not salty for once, Parasoul as a teenager is the cutest thing ever.

Everyone is so fucking tall...

I've seen spiders with thicker legs. Someone give that girl a burger.

FIsRVbV.jpg

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Actually can we just have everyone's parents as Skullgirls Characters? Wait that's actually not that many is it?
I'll make a list of the parents of the current cast that we know for sure are alive.

Parasoul's Dad
Painwheel's Mom and Dad

Uhh... That's it. The rest are either dead or we haven't heard about them. That sucks.

Wouldn't say we know for sure King Franz is alive. Alex has been intentionally vague on the matter, stating something among the lines of "missing in action, true fate unknown".

Actually can we just have everyone's parents as Skullgirls Characters? Wait that's actually not that many is it?
I'll make a list of the parents of the current cast that we know for sure are alive.

Parasoul's Dad
Painwheel's Mom and Dad

Uhh... That's it. The rest are either dead or we haven't heard about them. That sucks.
Welcome to OrphanGirls.

Alex has been intentionally vague on the matter, stating something among the lines of "missing in action, true fate unknown".
Pfft, I consider that confirmation that he's still alive. Why else would Alex keep us in the dark about it than to surprise us when he plays a role in the canon story?

A lot of plans for canon can change over time, which is related with Alex's caution when answering questions in backer Skype calls. He might want to keep the options open instead of pigeonholing himself into a "yes he's dead"/"no he's not" official statement, so that Franz's fate doesn't have to be decided upon and set in stone before it becomes relevant to the plot.

I will bet you all of the money in my wallet that Franz is alive.

He might want to keep the options open instead of pigeonholing himself into a "yes he's dead"/"no he's not" official statement, so that Franz's fate doesn't have to be decided upon and set in stone before it becomes relevant to the plot.
He is both dead and alive. You just gotta open the box...

4ca.gif

A lot of plans for canon can change over time, which is related with Alex's caution when answering questions in backer Skype calls. He might want to keep the options open instead of pigeonholing himself into a "yes he's dead"/"no he's not" official statement, so that Franz's fate doesn't have to be decided upon and set in stone before it becomes relevant to the plot.
So basically he's thought out numerous possibilities? That's what I hope.

Maybe he's not alive in a way we recognize? *evil laughter*
He's gone Hollow and it is up to Parasoul to travel to Lordran and face all its perils head-on in order to lift his curse. I'm finally getting my Dark Souls feat. Salty Parasoul crossover. Thank you based Trinity!

Parasoul vs Painwheel.
Parasoul: "Poor girl. I never authorized this!"
Franz: BUT I DID
Rules of Nature.mp3
It goes with everything, right? <:3

Jokes aside, unless that's going to get changed as well, isn't he a wisp head now? If such is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he's locked up (probably by his own will). I don't think Canopians would want a king that doesn't have a head to accommodate his crown.
tumblr_inline_mm8l8suNqX1qz4rgp.png

Actually, I believe that Alex confirmed that the wisp head is no longer canon. It originated from Franz using the power of the Black Tree in order to defeat Nancy, which blew his head off. Now that the Black Tree isn't (currently?) part of the canon, it doesn't really apply.

inb4 twist and he's actually geiger.
Totally read this as the twist being that he's a ginger.

Could someone direct me to where I can find all of the information about "The Black Tree?"

I'm very curious.

Could someone direct me to where I can find all of the information about "The Black Tree?"

I'm very curious.
I think it was way back on the old live journals? It had a connection to Parasoul's family and if I remember rght, Parasoul wasn't a good magic user and Umbrella was a natural at it.

Reactions: Denizen

I'm very curious.
Hmm. I don't know if there are any info formally written down about this. Basically it is a source of great power that King Franz drew from in order to defeat the Skullgirl, and that Parasoul also used. There is a subterranian stage concept titled the Black Tree as well.

http://www.fanpop.comwww.fanpop.com/clubs/skullgirls/images/32190249/title/black-tree-stage-photo
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/skullgirls/images/31443859/title/parasoul-blacktree-photo

A very early version of Parasoul's bio

"Parasoul is the older of the two Canopy princesses. She is a level-headed leader of a small
band of Canopy soldiers and a skilled fighter. However, no matter how much she trains, she
seems to not have as much magic potential as her younger sister. This coupled with her sister's
immaturity sometimes irritates her, but as an older sister she knows that must act responsibly.
When Umbrella ran away to find the Skullgirl, parasoul knew that it was her duty to get her
back safely, no matter what. In addition to the skillful use of her umbrella weapon, Parasoul
uses a gun with great precision and a limited amount of magic from a mysterious entity known as
"The Black Tree," that she had inherited from her father."

I have a feeling that the source of the Black Tree's power is probably related to the current canon concept of Theonite. Perhaps this Black Tree is related to the discovery that Isaac made under New Meridian?

If I remember right the Black Tree was also in Parasoul's head/eye socket at one point.

What's with Alex and characters missing eyes.

Was there ever a color picture of Franz? I recently saw one of Nancy, but official art of the King is still pretty rare.

I actually hope that the Black Tree idea is completely dropped because it's giving me literary inspiration for an OC.
I'm such a fuckin' nerd.

I agree with Balder, Headless Horseman Franz was pretty cool.

Hey does anyone remember when Mike Z mentioned that very early on in development, Skullgirls was gonna have two big boss fights? I always thought that Peacock was going to be one of the Boss fights based off really early lore

Hey does anyone remember when Mike Z mentioned that very early on in development, Skullgirls was gonna have two big boss fights? I always thought that Peacock was going to be one of the Boss fights based off really early lore
No, I think Double or Val were gonna be boss characters.