• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread

Its hard to draw Male SG body's... Especially since im better at drawing females. I need to work on that so i could finish up Wesson.

I think it's called the arch.. She uses it to play herself and produce sound based attacks, her name is Chell.
Oh, wait! Like a chello, right?!... I was probably the last one to get that.

Chey's (Wesson Smith) Dialogs Part 2

Selected
Selected 1: Ready for Deployment!
Selected 2: Time to make my Money!
Selected 3: Contract Accepted!

Switch In/Out
Switch 1: Your Fight Is With Me!
Switch 2: I'll Finish This!
Switch 3: C'mon!
Switch 1: Taking Cover!
W/Cerebella: Yo! Four Hands!
W/Filia: C'mon School Girl!
W/Peacock: Suppressing Fire!
W/Parasoul: Princess! Your Up!
W/Ms.Fortune: You got this Kitty Cat!
W/Painwheel: Get Mad!
W/Valentine: I need a Medic!
W/Double: Hey Nun!
W/Squigly: This IS a Zombie!
W/Big Band: Go Juggernaut!
W/Eliza: C'mon Old Lady!
W/Beowulf: Yo Dog!
W/Robo-Fortune: Lets go Robo!
Snapback: Snapback 1: Take Care!
Snapback 2: Stopping Power !

Recovery
Recovery 1: Could've been worse...
Recovery 2: ...That's all!?
Recover 3: I cant give up!
Recovery 4: Damn... Your Good
Recovery 5: Not good enough!
Recover 6: I'll keep Fighting!
Recovery 1: That's what I thought!
Recovery 2: Feel the Pain!?
Recovery 3: Yay...More Fun.
Recovery 4: Can you keep up?
Recovery 5: Ready for more?
Recovery 6: You got the stuff!

Whoo! Almost done with Twyla! When I'm done, I'll continue my thought process on the next two. I have the basic ideas worked out, but I haven't quite fleshed them out yet. Right now, I intend for one to be an assassin with Tisiphone (one of the other parasites I mentioned in Twyla's profile) and the other a cop with Megaera (the other parasite). And both are female, as to be expected. It should be a while before I get them thought out, so don't expect them in like three days or whatnot, because I honestly don't know when they'll be out.

Last edited:
Reactions: loonieboy9697
Wesson

Level 5 :RDP::PP: : Killer Instinct : All Special Moves become Unblockable for 5-8 seconds. Movement speed Increases.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this level 5 sounds kinda cheap to me... probably will change it... or probably have no level 5 at all... Would be handy to destroy people using Peacock while spamming BigBands :B::F::HP:.

from the reddits :PUN:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/2cm0v9/character_idea_soda_poppin_vagabond/

I've had this idea for a character and I'm not expecting it to actually get made but I wanna heard some feedback.

The character is a young ruffian on the streets going around with no real purpose eventually running into the Medici family affairs, having ties to Filia (specifically Samson), and a rivalry with Big Band. And his name is........well I couldn't come up with one.... The name could be decided on popular vote

His theme is entirely just about soda, specifically cola. Sporting a Newsboy Cap and based on JoJo, I got the idea from Joseph Joestar

His moves are more or less grappler, but he's entirely a rushdown fighter

I haven't thought of all his moves but one of his supers starts with him popping a cola bottle and at his enemy's stagger, he rushes over then does an ORA ORA ORA but repeats "COLA COLA COLA" or "SODA SODA SODA" To rival Big Band's "Tuba Tuba Tuba" just like DIO's "Muda Muda Muda".

His intro quotes give a better idea what he is. The intro starts with him finishing a bottle then just throwing it right away, littering it.

Vs Valentine
Soda: "My diet? Ahh I just drink soda all day.

Valentine: "How are you alive?!"

Vs Parasoul

Parasoul: "You'll be fine for your littering."

Soda: "Alright I get that but did you have to bring an army?!"

If lost to Parasoul, "Augh, I'll pay the fine."

Vs Filia

Soda: "That voice, you there let me touch your hair!"

Filia: "Ugh, get away from prev!" (Samson hosted more before Filia, so it could relate to Soda)

Vs Big Band

Soda: "Can we quit this show, Ben?"

And this one is entirely just for JoJo. *Soda and Big Band do a clash between "COLA COLA COLA" vs "TUBA TUBA TUBA".

Soda: "It's you, Big Band-o..." (Big Band-o -> Dio Brando)

Big Band: "Time will stop for you, kid. "

Again, I don't plan on him being released, but I'll like to hear what this subreddit thinks of him.

It's almost a character from punch-out.

from the reddits :PUN:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/2cm0v9/character_idea_soda_poppin_vagabond/

I've had this idea for a character and I'm not expecting it to actually get made but I wanna heard some feedback.

The character is a young ruffian on the streets going around with no real purpose eventually running into the Medici family affairs, having ties to Filia (specifically Samson), and a rivalry with Big Band. And his name is........well I couldn't come up with one.... The name could be decided on popular vote

His theme is entirely just about soda, specifically cola. Sporting a Newsboy Cap and based on JoJo, I got the idea from Joseph Joestar

His moves are more or less grappler, but he's entirely a rushdown fighter

I haven't thought of all his moves but one of his supers starts with him popping a cola bottle and at his enemy's stagger, he rushes over then does an ORA ORA ORA but repeats "COLA COLA COLA" or "SODA SODA SODA" To rival Big Band's "Tuba Tuba Tuba" just like DIO's "Muda Muda Muda".

His intro quotes give a better idea what he is. The intro starts with him finishing a bottle then just throwing it right away, littering it.

Vs Valentine
Soda: "My diet? Ahh I just drink soda all day.

Valentine: "How are you alive?!"

Vs Parasoul

Parasoul: "You'll be fine for your littering."

Soda: "Alright I get that but did you have to bring an army?!"

If lost to Parasoul, "Augh, I'll pay the fine."

Vs Filia

Soda: "That voice, you there let me touch your hair!"

Filia: "Ugh, get away from prev!" (Samson hosted more before Filia, so it could relate to Soda)

Vs Big Band

Soda: "Can we quit this show, Ben?"

And this one is entirely just for JoJo. *Soda and Big Band do a clash between "COLA COLA COLA" vs "TUBA TUBA TUBA".

Soda: "It's you, Big Band-o..." (Big Band-o -> Dio Brando)

Big Band: "Time will stop for you, kid. "

Again, I don't plan on him being released, but I'll like to hear what this subreddit thinks of him.
This is very much like a good pun. It's both amusing and incredibly painful.

Finally, Twyla is done! Why not take a look when you have the time, random reader... please...? XD

Reactions: Karlaaldana
I've had an idea for possibly a new character. I know it will probably never happen since there TONS of other character ideas that aren't in the game yet, but I figured I'd share mine anyway.
I was thinking it'd be cool if there were a flapper Skullgirl. I haven't thought about her story at all, but I've come up with a design (which anyone can change to make better if they want since mine probably isn't that good.)
Her beginning taunts could be "Let's put on an amazing show!" and "Break a leg!"
Her grab animation could be her throwing a black feather boa around the opponent and pulling them near her (and probably for the bigger opponents like Big Band and Eliza, the boa could just increase in length)
One of her attacks could be calling out "Get 'em, boys!" and have some band members coming out and dealing some damage to the opponent
Other than that, I haven't really thought much else about her stuff

Name: Lucille/Daisy/Lillian/Emerald (switch blue eyes for green)/Something else
Birthday: October 1
Blood Type: O-
Height: 5'5
Weight: 130 lbs
Measurements: 32C-30-40
Dislikes: ?

skullgirls 1920s flapper design.png

As for her picture, it was based off Eliza's fullbody and drawn in the Skullgirl style so it could, you know, look more Skullgirly
Also I'm not that good at coming up with palettes or shading so bleh, sorry if the colors are too bright

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
there's an OC character thread somewhere in the forums

Alsoooo, I don't know if you know this but I'll say it anyway; fan characters have no chance to get in the game.

I merged @tiptuk 's OC thread with this one. I'll see about making a directory for useful threads like this at the top so they're easier to find when they fall off the front page.

Reactions: tiptuk
1384485880.thebigpalooka_shipwreck.png

Name: Jacob Stanley AKA Shipwreck
Sex: Male

Bio: Much like Peacock Shipwreck was an orphan but unlike Peacock who was a slave Shipwreck worked at a Shipyard cleaning up left over debris. From previous ships he continued this work for a few months until he was captured and mutilated by a disguised Nurse Valentine former member of the group Last Hope and member of Lab 0. Which researches the effect of Skullgirl blood on other creatures. Shipwreck was specifically chosen by Brain Drain and Valentine as an experiment to test to see if they can enhance the Argus System used inside peacock. After several gruesome hours of surgery Shipwreck was completely modified with a new system known as the Alpha System which is much stronger than the Argus System by 50% however the System will overheat much faster than Peacock's Argus System making him much more vulnerable to attacks. In order to keep Shipwreck from retaliating Lab 0 much like Pain Wheel did he was told that a member of Lab 8 was the one who had mutilated him and that they simply found him and rebuilt him. He now pursues Lab 8 members one at a time until he figures out who REALLY destroyed his former body.

So what do you guys think? good oc? or a Mary sue? Critics are welcomed!

Last edited:
I wouldn't call him a marty stu, but I don't think he's very good either. It's a pretty standard 'orphan turned into ASG weapon' type of story which is isn't really interesting amongst characters, at least in regards to OCs getting their parasites that way. There's also the question of how Lab 0 knew how to replicate and improve the Argus System. Or why for that matter, since it's main purpose is to provide sight and arms, with extra strength, flexibility and lasers as a bonus. The Avery Unit is what allows Peacock to pull off her antics. And how would his fighting differ from Peacock if they have identical capabilities beyond preferences? If you really want to make an evil, better version of another character, he should be a robot since that's the sort of thing Brain Drain would do.

Cellsai EDIT: I trimmed the quote down. You don't need to quote giant blocks of text like that when you're the next direct post.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really don't mind the fact that he is an orphan turned ASG unit, as I think it can make for a great backstory if done right.

My main gripe about this character is that he really doesn't bring anything new to the table. The only thing I can think of when I see this character is "Oh look, it's genderbent Peacock." There really isn't anything about him that makes him a standalone character. I think that Shipwreck would be much better if you decided to take some design liberties and make him more than just a Peacock clone.

I also think that making him stronger than Peacock without any repercussions is a bit overpowered. If memory serves, Peacock is one of the most powerful characters in the Skullgirls canon, so having a character who outclasses her in every way is a bit marty-stu ish. I would suggest either making him less powerful, or give him a weakness to balance him out (i.e. his Alpha system overheats and becomes unusable if he attacks with it for too long).

I hope this criticism helps.

I really don't mind the fact that he is an orphan turned ASG unit, as I think it can make for a great backstory if done right.

My main gripe about this character is that he really doesn't bring anything new to the table. The only thing I can think of when I see this character is "Oh look, it's genderbent Peacock." There really isn't anything about him that makes him a standalone character. I think that Shipwreck would be much better if you decided to take some design liberties and make him more than just a Peacock clone.

I also think that making him stronger than Peacock without any repercussions is a bit overpowered. If memory serves, Peacock is one of the most powerful characters in the Skullgirls canon, so having a character who outclasses her in every way is a bit marty-stu ish. I would suggest either making him less powerful, or give him a weakness to balance him out (i.e. his Alpha system overheats and becomes unusable if he attacks with it for too long).

I hope this criticism helps.

Of course it helps! now I just need to think of how to make Shipwreck look more stand outish like what atervirnes says make him abit more robotic or make the Alpha System more grotesque maybe like extending to his back? What do you think?

I wouldn't call him a marty stu, but I don't think he's very good either. It's a pretty standard 'orphan turned into ASG weapon' type of story which is isn't really interesting amongst characters, at least in regards to OCs getting their parasites that way. There's also the question of how Lab 0 knew how to replicate and improve the Argus System. Or why for that matter, since it's main purpose is to provide sight and arms, with extra strength, flexibility and lasers as a bonus. The Avery Unit is what allows Peacock to pull off her antics. And how would his fighting differ from Peacock if they have identical capabilities beyond preferences? If you really want to make an evil, better version of another character, he should be a robot since that's the sort of thing Brain Drain would do.

Cellsai EDIT: I trimmed the quote down. You don't need to quote giant blocks of text like that when you're the next direct post.

Lobotomy maybe? I mean I'm kind of afraid if I make Shipwreck 100% robot people will then say hes just a mix of robofrotune and peacock XD

now I just need to think of how to make Shipwreck look more stand outish like what atervirnes says make him abit more robotic or make the Alpha System more grotesque maybe like extending to his back? What do you think?

The decision of where you want to take this character is ultimately up to you, but I definitely like the idea of making him more grotesque. Seeing as how Brain Drain created Shipwreck, I don't think he would look (relatively) friendly like Peacock. That's just my two cents though.

I think that the best course of action you can do design-wise is to sketch out some concept art. Try drawing multiple versions of Shipwreck with different features you find interesting and see what you think is cool. Drawing out your ideas on paper is a great way to find what elements click for a character and what elements you might want to get rid of.

Last edited:
Lobotomization and a parasite which gives extra arms would certainly make more sense since Brain Drain would probably have learned from the fiasco with Painwheel.

Last edited:
ah, i found this thread and figured i'd just post.
my friend and i were making OCs together, and we're making art of the pair.
so i'll just go ahead and throw them in here. we're still working on backstories and such, but we know what their abilities and so forth are.
i'll throw that in just to see what everyone thinks when everything is through.
the NSFW thing isn't her everyday look; i forgot to draw in her shirt before setting the lines, so i kinda just slapped the cleavage in. whoops.
team_gash_by_batterbamf-d8kfz7d.png

Gale is a bat feral. Ash is a Gigan.
If that's the case, I think her horns should be extended and larger masucles, considering how Scythana looks and can temporarily grow much larger muscles, yet she's only half-Gigan.

Reactions: Sparties
If that's the case, I think her horns should be extended and larger masucles, considering how Scythana looks and can temporarily grow much larger muscles, yet she's only half-Gigan.

We had been looking at concept art of some of the Gigans, and some actually appeared to have medium-sized horns. I'll tell him to extend them a bit. Also, some of the females in the concepts appear small and lithe instead of Scythana's type.

We had been looking at concept art of some of the Gigans, and some actually appeared to have medium-sized horns. I'll tell him to extend them a bit.
Huh, didn't know there was gigan concept art. I wonder what's up with Scythana's horn then. Regardless, she does need a bit of musculature increase, considering what some of these look like.

Reactions: Sparties
Huh, didn't know there was gigan concept art. I wonder what's up with Scythana's horn then. Regardless, she does need a bit of musculature increase, considering what some of these look like.

To be honest, I think she's actually got the muscle type of Scythana. Not too big, and not too small. I'll ask him to up the size on that as well.

May as well post my OC.

Arminda Gerard
Backstory:

Decades ago from the present, the Gerard family was once illustrious and well known within New Meridian, particularly for their adherence to rather archaic traditions. Arminda stood out amongst them for opting towards weapons, adventure and discovery, rather than the tradition of politeness and posture that women of the Gerard family followed. For the most part, Arminda and her family tolerated each other begrudgingly with falling outs being frequent.
To celebrate the birthday of her older brother, she and her family visited a locally famous landmark known as the Sword In The Stone or often nicknamed 'Excalibur' because of the sword's design. Part of the landmark was being able to pay to have a go at pulling the sword out, something Arminda's parents did for all of their children, including Arminda for her good (by gerard standards) behavior. When it came to Arminda's turn, she managed to do something that nobody watching would expect; she pulled the sword out. What she further didn't expect was that the sword wasn't the gleaming holy blade that it initially appeared, but a bloody, rusted sword that looked like it's existed for millennia. What followed was a series of hallucinations that led her to fleeing the vicinity, believing that she would trying to kill everything nearby out of imminent insanity if she didn't.
After decades of bumming it out on the edges of New Meridian, she returned to the center in hopes of finding someone old enough to know something about her weapon, including the Skull Heart if she manages to find a lead on where the Skull Girl is exactly.

In the ending of her story mode, the Skull Heart reacts to her with extreme revulsion before she could even say anything, going further and stating that it would never grant her its wish. When Arminda inquires about Golden Ogre, it says that it's horrible thing that should never have been brought into this dimension and recommends that she disappear into the No Man's Land before it's too late, then detonating itself. Arminda shatters Golden Ogre in the form of a spear out of frustration since she gained more questions than answers about Golden Ogre.
Personality:
Arminda usually tries to maintain composure when possible and avoid fights whenever possible, but ultimately, is subconsciously drawn to fighting due to the influence of her weapon, Golden Ogre; she's aware of this and suffers significant distress regularly as a result, especially when dealing people she knows are capable of fighting. She's much more quick-tempered than she implies and relatively quick to start slinging insults, especially if it's in response to abuse from somebody else, occasionally culminating in threats of violence and brandishing a weapon, these are usually just bluffs to try and end the conversation before she genuinely starts getting violent. She also suffers self-depreciation to a degree due her being immortal and Golden Ogre's attempts to make snap leading her to believe that she will snap one day and start massacring people with a very low chance of her being killed in the short-term, due to her extreme regenerative capabilities. She's generally quite distrustful of strangers and judges them based on what she can discern immediately, but does have a capability to develop friendships if time allows it. She holds a deep belief in existentialism and as such, is willing to offer a hand to people, despite her innate distrust of strangers, believing that she should help people since she can do things that ordinary people couldn't hope to accomplish.

Golden Ogre is completely sadistic and frequently tries to drive Arminda insane in order to sate its desire to kill.

Likes: Being warm, hazelnut cookies, long naps, pets, old weapons, individualism, sharks, people she can trust, chopsticks.
Dislikes: Fussy people, traditions, anything related to her parents, Golden Ogre, alcohol, strong smells, strangers.
Appearance:
Arminda is rather large and well toned for a 16 year old, as well as being rather dark-skinned. She wears a short-sleeved, ivory t-shirt with a navy blue collar and identically coloured pair of trousers with a leather belt. She wears a pair of worn, black Mary Jane shoes with white socks and a navy blue beret which conceals a pair of black horns which shine a dull vermillion. Her eyes are chest nut and she has medium length, bushy black hair. Her weapon, Golden Ogre has no defined shaped, but always appears to be made out of a polished, pale gold metal with Latin etched in, deeper gold highlights and mahogany.
Abilities:
Arminda is virtually indestructible, being both very durable, having extreme regenerative capabilities and high pain tolerance. She also has extreme strength, to the point of being able to bench press over 40 tonnes. Her most prominent ability is being able to materialize whatever weapon she desires, up to ones which are 19th century in origin, so long as she knows that the weapon has existed at some point, can wield it and can clearly define it as a weapon, ranging from simple broadswords and war hammers, to more esoteric weapons, such as the deck gun, arbalest and culverin, all the way to siege weapons like cannons, balistas and the Tsar Cannon.
Playstyle:

Arminda has extremely poor mobility, having no double jump, below average movement speed and a very short dash. However, she has the ability to switch between a pure melee stance and a pure ranged stance with a range diversity that allows her to start combos against the opponent from almost any point in the stage. Stance is changed solely by a basic special that occurs instantaneously, can always be used and changing stances cancels into the first move used. There's no visual distinction between melee and ranged stance until she actually attacks and there's no animation to indicate a change in stance. She's very tanky and always armored when not attacking or always to varying degrees in her melee stance. Her Blockbusters don't change depending on the stance, barring her level 1 which in her ranged stance, grabs her opponent from range and automatically switches her into her melee stance, whereas her level 1 blockbuster in melee stance inflicts heavy knockback, regardless of whether or not her opponent was blocking and switches her into her melee stance.

Last edited:
Lobotomization and a parasite which gives extra arms would certainly make more sense since Brain Drain would probably have learned from the fiasco with Painwheel.

So I came up with an idea to make Shipwreck resemble someone like Kabal from the Mortal Kombat games but not as close I was thinking of having his Alpha System be in the shape of a ship wheel on hi shoulder or head to make it more grotesque.

So I came up with an idea to make Shipwreck resemble someone like Kabal from the Mortal Kombat games but not as close I was thinking of having his Alpha System be in the shape of a ship wheel on hi shoulder or head to make it more grotesque.
That definitely sounds more interesting. I think it would make more sense to mount it on his shoulders, unless it does something to his head specifically. I'd also recommend renaming the Alpha System since artificial parasites are usually named after something that's not just a word, like Argus from the Argus System is a hundred-eyed giant in Greek Mythology and the Avery Unit is named after Tex Avery who was a notable cartoonist. Can I also ask you what you think of my OC?

Hmm like "Morgan System?" from Henry Morgan and "Bart Unit" from Black Bart for his parrot? Oh and as for your character i like the sound of it! A lone wolf girl of nobility never really see that in games XD at least from what i have seen.

Hmm like "Morgan System?" from Henry Morgan and "Bart Unit" from Black Bart for his parrot? Oh and as for your character i like the sound of it! A lone wolf girl of nobility never really see that in games XD at least from what i have seen.
Depends on the purpose of the Bart Unit and Morgan System, along with the Morgan System's purpose. They basically need to link in some way, likehow the Argus System provides sight and the Avery Unit is responsible for pulling things out of nowhere for Peacock.

We just allowed to post any old OC? I got 2 that are...well one's about as thought out as wizards dueling it out at whatever equivalent of an anime expo this world has, which is nonsensical and don't make sense for the world, the other I actually quite like. Anyway, we just allowed to post these without much context?

We just allowed to post any old OC? I got 2 that are...well one's about as thought out as wizards dueling it out at whatever equivalent of an anime expo this world has, which is nonsensical and don't make sense for the world, the other I actually quite like. Anyway, we just allowed to post these without much context?
As long as it's an OC of Skullgirls, it's allowed.

Sketch7616229.png
I made one I'm going to be vague
Sketch7616229.jpg
Her name is petula
she is sick with soul contamination and seeks out the skull heart to be cured. she has 3 parasites and some immunity to skhearts influence (mind control skullgirl stuff ) no one knows why .she has a living weapon named slairy. a remote parisite with her feet in his mouth named Fido, a floral parasite that gave her new feet named flora,& a skirt like synthetic parasite named spike
so gross looking better

Last edited:
1425933011.pigjosh_shipwreck.png

SHIPWRECK REDISIGN!!!

Sex: Male

Bio: Much like Peacock Shipwreck was an orphan but unlike Peacock who was a slave Shipwreck worked at a Shipyard cleaning up left over debris. From previous ships he continued this work for a few months until he was captured and mutilated by a disguised Nurse Valentine former member of the group Last Hope and member of Lab 0. Which researches the effect of Skullgirl blood on other creatures. Shipwreck was specifically chosen by Brain Drain and Valentine as an experiment to test to see if they can enhance the Argus System used inside peacock. After several gruesome hours of surgery Shipwreck was completely modified with a new system known as the Morgan System (Named after the pirate Captain Henry Morgan) which is used to enhance the users strength and agility however the System will overheat much faster than Peacock's Argus System making him much more vulnerable to attacks and it is very difficult to breath at the Morgan System effects the users lungs. In order to keep Shipwreck from retaliating Lab 0 much like Pain Wheel did he was Lobotomized and told that a member of Lab 8 had destroyed his former body. Causing Shipwreck to become full of rage and chase after each and every member of Lab 8 till every single one has been eliminated!

Gameplay Inspirations: Kabal (Mortal Kombat), Ustanak (Resident Evil 6), Spinal (Killer Instinct) and Cervantes (Soul Calibur V)

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadcrabNinja