• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Her new anchor point disallows her from doing moves super low to the ground, noteably j.MP and j.HK but it affects all her air moves. Now you're more likely to just stop and land if you do j.HK late instead of getting j.HK like you wanted as per retail.
That first bit might have to do with the landing threshold on j.MP.
The second bit is because she's in a different place - the correct place - relative to where she looked like she was before.

It also makes it impossible to get moves out if you do IAD j.LK > not-j.HK. The fact that she could do moves so low to the ground is part of what made her fun.
Just tested in retail, nothing except j.HK goes active before landing after an instant AD j.LK. So...what?

Just tested in retail, nothing except j.HK goes active before landing after an instant AD j.LK. So...what?

My bad. I should have tested myself. I really just want to be able to do IAD j.LP~LK from any spacing (we had this kind of discussion before about the collision box on j.LK, but I like the pressure she gets from IAD j.LP~LK, that's why I was trying to lobby j.LP to be the collision box one. Would it be bad to add it to both?).

Doublepost
@worldjem
I think I have a really stupid idea, let's see what it breaks.

=D

I really just want to be able to do IAD j.LP~LK from any spacing

You can do this just fine in Beta though?

My stupid idea of the moment is still that the Goodfella's explosion being like Lenny's explosion so Peacock can follow up afterwards.

My stupid idea of the moment is still that the Goodfella's explosion being like Lenny's explosion so Peacock can follow up afterwards.

no pls!

These new low/overhead/counterhit indicators are dumb.

User has been infracted for this post.
Reason: (Offensive Language)
This post may have been edited from its original message.

Last edited by a moderator:
we are doing dumb changes?
give fukua horus

Fukua is a character that I am not a fan of.

User has been infracted for this post.
Reason: (Offensive Language/Low-Quality posting)
This post may have been edited from its original message.

Last edited by a moderator:
aaaaannnnddd un watching thread. call me when the dumb ideas are done being tossed around.

BTW (Serious here) Do you plan on giving double any more moves from new characters? a.k.a her having a sprite where she like dive kicks as horus or gets something from big band or somethin

Double gets BB cr.hp? Double gets horus divekick as j.down hp? Double gets beowulf s.hk as forward hk?
*excitement intensifies

I didn't say this was stupid suggestion time, do I gotta leave AGAIN?

These new low/overhead/counterhit indicators are gay.
Gay is not a slur, you just forfeited any ability you may have had to get my attention.

none of what I suggested was really stupid. Just the hoping was stupid. please criticize correctly :p

Besides BB's cr.hp that would be dumb as hell

While I was being silly, my idea is actually one I was serious about many pages ago and thought it might be something to consider. Peacock's level 3 doesn't really have much use other than being a flashy game ender. Even when triple argus wasn't practical in the beta, you still had ground throw → lenny → argus into a full combo. It would do more damage than Goodfellas for just 2 bars with the possibility of using more bars for even more damage. I just wish to see Peacock's level 3 become more useful D:

I always looked at peacocks level 3 as an easy way to get hella damage as a reset at highest undizzy. If you were to say do a 6.5k or 7k (since we could bring LNL into the equation) combo into a grab reset, you could rack
some SERIOUS damage (6.2k i think) from a reset. Something that most characters cant do at max undizzy. So i mean i wouldnt mind a slight damage buff, but it takes you fullscreen as well so I dont wanna see it become toooo good.

Double gets BB cr.hp? Double gets horus divekick as j.down hp? Double gets beowulf s.hk as forward hk?
*excitement intensifies
The thing is that double doesnt just get GOOD moves from her opponents movesets, she also gets mediocre moves (pw cr.lk, parasoul cr.mk) and downright not great moves (peacock st.mp) whereas all the moves you suggested are rather good.

Now... Maybe its just me, but giving double any of those moves would represent a rather significant buff to double. And perhaps mike doesnt want double buffed?

A more realistic approach might be to ask mike if he would entertain giving double some moves from some of the dlc characters either as buffs or as neutral status quo attacks.

Some realistic buffs she could get would be switching some of her underused normals with some SLIGHTLY better normals... Like giving her squiglys st.lp makes sense... But only the second hit, that way double gains something significant (lower profile hitting second st.lp), while keeping a filia attack in there as well.

I dont claim to know how mikes mind works though, just think that maybe a bit more thought might come off better... But hey, whatever.

Reactions: Shuffleupagus
Heh, Double with a Horus Divekick would be interesting but its probably too huge of a buff to really consider.

@Mike_Z What are the chances of just straight up getting an alternate version of Double with a whole new moveset that incorporates the new characters' animations? I realize most of the work for that would fall on you and I wouldn't expect you to do it for free, just thought it would be interesting if you can pick between two movesets for her and if it could even be a possibility you would consider looking into.

HERE YOU GO @Swiftfox-Dash
It's the level 3 you always wanted! :^)

Haha that made me think how neat it would be is Peacock could DHC into her level 3 and it worked sort of like a hit-grab. I imagine the damage scaling would still make it worse than just lenny into argus though....

What are the chances of just straight up getting an alternate version of Double with a whole new moveset that incorporates the new characters' animations?
And give her a voice line of "this isn't even my final form".

With the increased health in the game, I haven't been noticing a major change in gameflow if I'm sticking to open people with highs, lows, crossups, counterhit and whiff punishes. However, the increased health definitely makes it seem like throws do pitiful damage to the lifebar compared to before.

I'm going to suggest throw scaling, instead of 50%, be tuned up to 58.3%(rounded to 58% or 59/60%) to match the increase in health percentage. Maybe this isn't necessary on air throws because air throws are much more likely to land than ground throws, but I definitely feel that ground throws require a damage buff of some kind due to how difficult they are to land.

Upback avoids ground throws, upback+assist mash punishes it straight up, downback~back throw tech fuzzy guard avoids ground throws, and most characters have grounded supers that beat multiple mixup options.

I was toying around with Beowulf by using slow motion and I found that one of the frames has Beowulf with a white collar instead of the same color of his argyle-patterned shirt:

2FWA0e7.png

Today's Patch Notes BGM™ is a remix of one of my favorite songs from any game, Surface Runner from Metroid II.

Here's another Metroid cover, but this one's brand new! Don't have much to say about it really, I just thought the song had a good melody and wanted to have a go at it.

Thank you, Gencoil. I would never have finished Squigly without you. :^)

Beowulf
- Fix chair positions when Beowulf is thrown.
Filia
- Tried a kinda-dumb fix for the thing worldjem pointed out with her airdashes. IAD j.MP(3)->j.HK now works, among other things. SEE IF IT BREAKS ANYTHING ELSE, Filia players!
Ms. Fortune
- Her head can now be hit, with proper reactions, by both Fortune and her opponents during Decap Attack. So Fortune can kick it around and it will always remain active, but hitting with a normal/burst/projectile during the spin will count as the head being hit.
- Expanded hitboxes on c.LP, c.LK, c.MK and c.HK backward, enough for them to hit the head if the body and head are both cornered. c.HK now hits behind her, as well.
Painwheel
- Install flash and sound effect now speed up when the timer is about to expire. Maybe it's annoying, maybe not? Thanks Zazz.
Valentine
- Remove hits on poison load. They weren't very useful and only happened at awkward times.
- Fix damage scaling bug on air bypass when it hit a grounded opponent. ALL are now 75% scaling, some were less before. :^P
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/195113962391475228

Reactions: Hilary and gllt
Horus divekick animation reused as a divekick that restands is sort of what I meant. For situations like max range j.hp, and j.mk. Also beowulf s.hk for upping damage at earlier undizzy levels and allowing better damage before oki, whick might give fugazi more use. If thats too good, oh well, dont put it in

Reactions: zarkingphoton
Painwheel
- Install flash and sound effect now speed up when the timer is about to expire. Maybe it's annoying, maybe not? Thanks Zazz.
I like how this turned out. Thanks Mike.

Reactions: Spencer

How to turn a troll super into a game ender in one easy step.

My possibly stupid beta idea:

PW: Have fly motion act as unfly if already flying. That might help ease the burden of frame perfect unfly.

I get punished for fucking up my unfly juuuuust often enough to drive me slowly mad.

Reactions: Ryin
Ms. Fortune
- Expanded hitboxes on c.LP, c.LK, c.MK and c.HK backward, enough for them to hit the head if the body and head are both cornered. c.HK now hits behind her, as well.

I feel some fun attacks hitting backwards and maybe a same side crossunder-thing. Experiments are great.

Reactions: gllt
I'd like peacock to have a not useless lv3

I'd like peacock to have a not useless lv3

The price that's paid for a solid level 1 that can be converted off of at any range and be used multiple time per combo.

Her level 3 is the fact that her level 1 can be used 3 times in one combo pushing her into some of the highest damage in the game.

Look at Peacock as whole though. Her Lv3 super is bleh in terms of utility but her other 2 supers are top 5 in terms of utility.

Reactions: Wenzel