• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I think it's fair to say everyone is mad that the worst character got second at NWM, might as well nerf her

and the second worst character got 4th so nerf lamewheel while we're at it

jk love ya'll

Patchnotes from Memory, too lazy to rewatch archives:

- Every character has a Taunt, all the new Taunts have no Gameplay effect to not upset Balance

- Robo Det-Mode doesn't explode during her Supers (can now easily DHC out of her, or into her, or whatever)

- Fukua L.Fireball is slower, for better zoning
- Fukua Ground Fireball +3f hitstun, for easier Button-Fireball-BFF combos
- Combo after DHC into BFF is scaled to 50% (rather than 70%, which would be usual DHC scaling)
- sLK hitstun reduced to 22f (down from 26f), so it doesn't combo into L.Shadow anymore

- Squigly rising jLP is not an overhead for 2 frames after jump, due to hitting Eliza and some others crouching
- Silver Chord -3f startup (ty alexpi)

- Double Luger -1f recovery
- Double L.Bomber longer supercancel window (11f? 12? instead of 4 as previously)

- Bella Run does not go under Robo Beam anymore

- Beowulf Hurting Hurl scales followup combos down to 90%

I think that was it? Rest was stuff already in Beta I think

Also, SG is apparently now Balance-Complete and won't get any further changes (aside from QoL improvements and Bugfixes and Lobby-Touchups etc)
At least if I understood that sentence correctly; though it does strike me as a bit weird but owell etc it is what it is!

Last edited:
Reactions: SmashBlade
Those taunts looks great. :PUN:

It wouldn't be too much to ask if they could also be activated as alternate win poses too, right? (like holding HP on win or something)

Some are so cute they should shown every time someone wins a match.

Reactions: SmashBlade
- Eliza doesn't have instant overhead j.LK because it's 12f and can be cancelled into j.HP or airdash to make it safe.

Squigly should therefore according to you guys keep a 12f overhead, the fastest in the game, that can be cancelled into divekick to make it safe?

The difference I see with this situation is that you can pushblock the divekick pretty easily and then squigly can't get back immediately since her mobility isn't very good. Whereas pushblocking Eliza's j.lk still allows her to airdash back in and continue her pressure. Squigly gets pushblocked and just sorta... sits there.

I'm not as concerned since you can still do the fuzzy setup, but I am really sad that she lost her overhead.

Also happy that I won't drop c.hp>chord as much anymore. I always screwed that up on bomber conversions.

Also double's taunt is sweet.

Patchnotes from Memory, too lazy to rewatch archives

Missed 1 off my memory
Squigly's uncharged Silver Chord is 2 or 3 frames faster so that it only whiffs on one of the c.hp frames, rather than a bunch of them. also allows easier cord after medium buttons

What did Peacock get that people are mentioning?

i assume allowing s.mk to combo into l shadow was too much? Its the only normal that will move forward and not push thd opponent away like s.mp or C.hp. i cant remember is c.mp allows combos into l shadow i'll double check.

well, thatc cool then. i never liked the instant overhead aspect of the jlp, but the fuzzy guard made sense. so yeah, makes perfect sense to me now.

but luger minus a frame of recovery... gah i already hate H luger in the painwheel matchup, now ill hate it a frame more!

i assume allowing s.mk to combo into l shadow was too much?
c.MK(1-2 depending on distance)->c.HP always works...and yes, the bug was the hitstun on s.LK rather than anything else?

c.MK(1-2 depending on distance)->c.HP always works...and yes, the bug was the hitstun on s.LK rather than anything else?
Om. i was asking if it allowing s.mk to combo into L shadow would be ridiculous. It just looked like it would combo from the motion of her moving forward and such. I dunno i'll quietly head back and do some late night testing for ways to combo into L shadow.

Edit: If it doesn't happen well known c.lk,c.mk also works during combo sequences so w.e

I'm very happy each character got a taunt ability. With some characters having taunts while others didn't made the game feel kinda incomplete to me.

Double, Filia, and Squigly (Akuma) got some really cool looking taunts as a buff. Maybe people will play these characters more now?

#throwfiliainthetrash

Their taunts do not nothing.

They are actual taunts designed to piss off the opponent.
Yes I know, Mike explained that in Salty. Having a cool taunt makes them more fun to play as a character, so I considered it a buff.

What if taunts did something but it was so insignificant that it wouldn't matter if the effect was there or not?
I was thinking something like either having the character recover like 5 health, giving a miniscule amount of meter, or making the taunt hit but do no damage.
Even that would be better than taunts doing nothing at all.

What if taunts did something but it was so insignificant that it wouldn't matter if the effect was there or not?
I was thinking something like either having the character recover like 5 health, giving a miniscule amount of meter, or making the taunt hit but do no damage.
Even that would be better than taunts doing nothing at all.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeh, maybe.

Having some of the taunts have a short active hit box that does like 100 damage would be cool.

Can Cerebella's taunt make Guenhwyvar appear everytime or at least significantly increase chances.
It has no gameplay ramifications, but it'd definitely make me want to use the taunt a lot.

Reactions: Ryin and The Dave
Cerebella's taunt seems to make her hitbox and collision box flash when viewing hitboxes.

I know suggesting stuff is a nono when it comes to features, but i thought because we already have random stage select. Why not have that rule apply to announcer voices. Like cycle through them when stages are switched if you have it set to random in the options menu.

Reactions: Muro and mcpeanuts
I've never used j.LP as an instant overhead and I, for one, welcome the buff to Silver Cord.

Also when did double stop being the worst character in the game? Squigly is really good lol

the mmds effect strikes again

I was thinking exactly he same thing as duck. A bit of meter build is what went through my mind for taunting. If different miniscule things per character is what (might) happens then thats fine too.

Also when did double stop being the worst character in the game? Squigly is really good lol
When everyone kept saying her butt wasn't useful B3

I don’t really care if the new taunts are actually useless, but if suggesting trivial and nearly useless things for them to do is a thing we’re doing..

Valentine: Level 5 resurrects teammates with 100 more health
Fortune: Feline Allergies/air super follow up does a tiny ( 25-100 ) amount of extra damage
Squiggly: Taunt gives stance charge ( punch fits demon motion better ), but can never grant one full charge.
Double: Monster/Beast of Gehenna stays out one/two frames longer.
Fillia: Sampson’s tongue has a hitbox

My dream for taunts is just to have them build some amount of meter . . . for the other player. If the point of taunts is to insult the other player or just goof off, might as well go all the way. "I think so little of you, I'll just stand here and do nothing while you get a free hit AND some free meter. Not like you could beat me with that anyway."

Sigh...i remember back in time when taunting was used to taunt people...

Reactions: erkicman
peacock gets that fucking sword for losing a bomb cancel

The one I hate is she got homing plane for losing a one-button wonder SOID for a two-button wonder SOID, but meh... that ship has sailed.

On topic, I don't think the Squig change is a big deal at all. Her cancel reset vortex is infinitely worse to deal with.

Reactions: Dime
Hey this got brought in a stream chat and it is pretty relevant to the topic of instant overheads
It seems unclear if Bellas elbow drop was supposed to get better on block when it was changed not long ago. I don't have old data at hand myself but apparently it was consistently -5 on block before, whereas now the in-game frame data says +3 for instant elbow drop vs Filia, with the occasional +7 (The latter seems to be if I deliberately go for a kara j.mp~elbow, if that's a thing)

Surely the tradeoff for this move was supposed to be that it isn't advantageous on block?

Edit: Also Parasoul can still instant overhead Eliza with j.mk for what that's worth.
Make Eliza even taller so everyone can do that, she deserves it

I've never used j.LP as an instant overhead

w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y w h y

[Yaya] used the thing you're complaining about exactly zero times at NWM, dude.

He did and he does, all the time.

Still glad Yaya's dead.

Last edited:
I've never used j.LP as an instant overhead and I, for one, welcome the buff to Silver Cord.

?

Unless I'm cray, couldn't you do j.lp into m.divekick for a fullcombo?

So I just got around to watching the updates. Squigly's j.lp not being an overhead is fine with me as long as I can still fuzzy.