• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Before the change it was sort of like
- Painwheel gets one free tag in combo!
because they'd remember to tech it afterwards heh.

Yeah RemiKz's got it right. It works once. It never works twice.

So this begs the question, are throws part of IPS? If I get 2 PW tags in one combo...

(which I did...)

So this begs the question, are throws part of IPS? If I get 2 PW tags in one combo...

(which I did...)
They don't trigger IPS. That's why Mike never allowed throws from stagger to be techable... Free unburstable damage.

Probably why he also didn't do this change without install before. So I guess enjoy...?

What are the chances that Peacock can get an alternate input for her lvl 3 in the form of qcb LP+LK and not have it be techable after a stagger just so she can actually combo into it?

I mean I know it goes against having every lvl 3 be qcb PP and all but it would be neat to actually use it more.

What are the chances that Peacock can get an alternate input for her lvl 3 in the form of qcb LP+LK and not have it be techable after a stagger just so she can actually combo into it?

I mean I know it goes against having every lvl 3 be qcb PP and all but it would be neat to actually use it more.
0%, considering the reason I know this info is because I asked Mike precisely about that months ago.

Well that makes me a little bit sad

Why is Big Band's Red Q palette not the MK button like it is to select it for Q in 3S? It's just not right.

Reactions: Arcana
Why is Big Band's Red Q palette not the MK button like it is to select it for Q in 3S? It's just not right.
Because all red palettes are initially HP, except when you're Eliza and to select a red palette you can make your cat walk on the stick or mash the buttons with your face.

Right, so, beta feedback.
I guess since I asked for the Painwheel tag change I might as well say something about it.

I like it, it lets you put Painwheel second or third for a rough match up or something you're not comfortable with.
Later you can get Painwheel in there once you land a hit via her really easy to use raw tag.
It sort of lets her start from a good position she's comfortable at (In their face) without having your point character have to spend two bars to get her in via Super xx Hatred Install.

Also everyone else gets non invalid raw tag combos besides Painwheel.

Also I like Painwheels c.MK being a low; It lets her do c.LK [Pause] c.MK to catch people switching to high after the c.LK (Like you do vs Big Bank), and use as c.LK... c.MK as a frame trap.
c.LK > c.LK is too slow you get counter hit anyways.

So, PWs charged c.hp is overhead and charged c.hk brings them closer than it did previously. Also Big Bands s.mp requires it being held and can be used in combos. I feel like doing a charged c.hp and c.hk mixup even though it's slow.

uh should we be able to quick return with Sekh after we run out of meter? like if you have absolutely no meter you can still hit with Sekh and quickly return, should that be there?

These painwheel experiments are cool the coolest and I support them, especially the vacuum cr hk. It was such a
pain :PUN:
to have to do max distance fly j mk or mp nail xx fly j mk to confirm off of it. Also, thank you for fixing negative edge unfly

Is there a place where these things get posted outside of the game?

When I go to the endless beta community hub like I used to, it is completely empty with the following message:

"No more content. So sad.
You can help: share a screenshot, make a video, or start a new discussion!"
If you're viewing in a browser on the steam website, make sure you are logged in.

I am.

I just added "Five Night's at Freddy's" to my wishlist and tried checking again.

Nada.

I'm looking at the 8/20 update and it says nothing about a pw vacuum hardkick, what gives?

It is an overhead for charged c.hp, and a vacuum effect for charged c.hk.

I love the first change as it gives our charged moves a bit scarier.

The second change makes it easy as fuck to combo off of c.hk.

If they both go through, the way I see it is c.hk will become the default "I need armor now" move and c.hp will add the threat of overhead to keep them honest and give you the c.hp/c.hk mixup.

Oooh that sounds good. Make them guess which charge we are doing for the high/low and cancel into flight early to avoid throws.

Reactions: gllt and Spencer
I'm looking at the 8/20 update and it says nothing about a pw vacuum hardkick, what gives?
- Painwheel's charged cr.HK knocks the enemy slightly toward her on hit to help with max-range combos.

I'm having a lot of fun with the current painwheel changes so far.

I also wish I could look at the beta change list but the site wont show me anything T_T

I also wish I could look at the beta change list but the site wont show me anything T_T
If you viewed it via a browser, did make sure to log in? If so and it didn't help, did you try checking it up via a Steam client?

Looks like Eliza yawns every 2-5 block strings again now.

Also I hope Eliza's hit/pain sounds aren't final. She says something every hit if the move is multi-hit, compared to others who only let out a pain cry during the last hit.

Are we not allowed to combo after Eliza's level 3 anymore? I thought you were supposed to be able to otg off it, but she takes too long to recover.

That's why Mike never allowed throws from stagger to be techable... Free unburstable damage.

You can't tech a command grab, so you also you can't tech a command grab during stagger. You can tech a throw. You can also tech a during from stagger. The only teachable hit grab is grab bag and its in the air, where there is no stagger.

@Mike_Z Why are you allowed to tech throws during stagger? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just curious as to what it would break if you couldn't or why it would be dumb. I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own.

I imagine it has something to do with characters that are better at comboing off of throw than other characters.

PS: If I want to request additional character assists, do I do it in this thread?

If I want to request additional character assists, do I do it in this thread?
No. Try here instead, I think?

Does anyone know what that second, smaller update was about?

@Mike_Z Why are you allowed to tech throws during stagger? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just curious as to what it would break if you couldn't or why it would be dumb. I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own.
You do know you're quoting me giving you Mike's answer to this question while simultaneously asking the same question again? Making sure.

Last edited:
You do know you're quoting me giving you Mike's answer to this question while simultaneously asking the same question again? Making sure.

I was on my phone and I'm tired, sorry :U

edit: I'm tired and re-reading it and it still doesn't make sense, I'll just go back to bed now. Maybe it'll click tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wait painwheel can combo off a charged c.HK? Or is this when used as an otg?

Wait painwheel can combo off a charged c.HK? Or is this when used as an otg?
Charged c.hk has always caused a regular knockdown (as opposed to invincible techable knockdown like every other sweep), but because it knocked them too far she couldn't really follow up. The new change makes it so she can.

Reactions: gllt