• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

watching The One (totally doesn't hold up... did it ever)
That's still a good movie.
I probably won't ever go and boot up SG on my PC to help flush out a statement about frames
Probably took you nearly as long to look up SRK wiki and frames as it would have to boot up SG and get 100% correct and up to date info.
Shoryuken's frame data is good enough (it got the right answer, no?).
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Reactions: WarpedEcho and gllt
It was an average-at-best movie with an atrocious soundtrack.

It literally took me seconds to look up.

It's right far more than it's wrong.

The only thing it is missing for the couch-bound, frame-interested forum-warrior is data to the newer characters.

Maybe some day I'll run through the characters I play and see just how accurate it is. In any case, we've tapped this conversation clean out, so take the last word if you'd like.

If you think the SG wiki on Shoryuken is out-dated shit, get your head checked or actually open the page.

The Skullgirls page on the Shoryuken wiki is kept together and up to date by @Pizzarino 99.9% of the time (that 0.1% is me). If you see something wrong on the wiki about the retail version, PM either of us.

Last edited:
i took a look at it again a little earlier and its definately got a lot of great stuff on there now. last time i checked it wasnt updated to SDE (so yea a long long time ago i admit).

i just assumed that it had been deserted much like the old SRK threads back when they switched the format to what they are using now.

What Evilweevle said. I remember back when no one did shit for updating it.

I feel like an old guy, mumbling "I remember when..." or "Back in my day..." at these newfangled wiki updates.

Reactions: gllt
I understand the other thing I requested now, and realize level 3 charge projectile assist would be too good, but I'd like to revisit the level 2 request for nails. Is it reasonable? If zoning patterns with lvl 2hp nail would be too much, then could just mp nail level 2 be okay? And on a unrelated note, is there a reason why I can't negative edge input unfly? Thanks, looking forward to a response : )

If you think the SG wiki on Shoryuken is out-dated shit, get your head checked or actually open the page.

The Skullgirls page on the Shoryuken wiki is kept together and up to date by @Pizzarino 99.9% of the time (that 0.1% is me). If you see something wrong on the wiki about the retail version, PM either of us.

Hey, thanks! Just to prove I've stared at it more than anyone else, here are my top 3 requests to improve the in game FD display:

1) Fix the bottom of the screen numbers so they are not always -1 off of the total on whiff.
2) Don't count super flash frames in the numeric frame data display.
3) Don't count fake recovery frames as recovery. For example, if you do Cerebella instant air d+MP you will get 11/-52 if you don't touch anything and 11/-33 if you hold back to start blocking as soon as possible. It shows this in the FD bar as well. The move has recovery animation frames that can freely cancel to any other action, so they shouldn't count as real recovery frames!

Hey, thanks! Just to prove I've stared at it more than anyone else, here are my top 3 requests to improve the in game FD display:
1) Fix the bottom of the screen numbers so they are not always -1 off of the total on whiff.
In other words, 7/32 instead of 7/-32 for Parasoul's s.LP on whiff?
But you're minus 32, they could move 32 frames before you could!
I mean, I suppose I can do that only if the attack hit...done.
Framedata now displays 7/-9 if the attack touched someone and 7/32 if it didn't.

2) Don't count super flash frames in the numeric frame data display.
Right, I keep forgetting to do this. Done. Startup properly ignored 'em but overall data didn't.

3) Don't count fake recovery frames as recovery. For example, if you do Cerebella instant air d+MP you will get 11/-52 if you don't touch anything and 11/-33 if you hold back to start blocking as soon as possible. It shows this in the FD bar as well. The move has recovery animation frames that can freely cancel to any other action, so they shouldn't count as real recovery frames!
That's up to the move itself to not have those frames tagged as attacking, so I'd need a list. I just fixed that one, though, to prove it's not hard.

Reactions: gllt and IsaVulpes
In other words, 7/32 instead of 7/-32 for Parasoul's s.LP on whiff?
But you're minus 32, they could move 32 frames before you could!
I understood his sentence as "Parasoul s.LP whiff is -33, but it shows as -32"? Not sure~

Holy crap thanks! That was fast!

If I was not clear, before this fix every move in the game would display as 1 more frame negative than it should have been on whiff. To actually notice this you would have to count up the squares. I did. I did a lot. I made a little scale out of a piece of paper and held it up to my monitor to count the squares in blocks of 5.

Painwheel's unfly is the other move with "fake" recovery that I can think of, but that sort of move doesn't really mean anything to FD display. If I find any others like Cere's elbow I will speak up!

Anyone else think bgm should cut out for lvl 3/5 super endings? a la cvs dramatic finish

I'd rather have Alpha style meteors come out

Yo @Mike_Z
What are your thoughts on Cerebella hard tag causing a hard knockdown on hit and still having the ability to call assists afterwards? I don't think you should have the ability to tag and still have the power to call assists immediately, but maybe you have a reason for it that I don't know of.

Yo @Mike_Z
What are your thoughts on Cerebella hard tag causing a hard knockdown on hit and still having the ability to call assists afterwards? I don't think you should have the ability to tag and still have the power to call assists immediately, but maybe you have a reason for it that I don't know of.
Double, Eliza, Fukua, and Peacock (at the very least) can call an assist early enough for it to combo off their tags...so I guess I don't really see it as a problem.

According to everyone else about air Gregor, comboability >>>>>> knockdown oki anyway, so not being able to combo from her tag is like the worst possible thing that can exist, right?

Reactions: Woofly
According to everyone else about air Gregor, comboability >>>>>> knockdown oki anyway, so not being able to combo from her tag is like the worst possible thing that can exist, right?
According to everyone, random crossups/crossunders are the worst thing about Gregor, and if those were removed from Bella Tag it would actually be not that good :P

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Double, Eliza, Fukua, and Peacock (at the very least) can call an assist early enough for it to combo off their tags...so I guess I don't really see it as a problem.

I was asking mainly because I felt that having a hard tag that caused a hard knockdown on hit + the oki with the assist afterward was maybe too good? Just found it weird was all but I'm fine with it if others are lol.

Speaking of tags, can we make Big Band's tag a little better in some way? Its difficult to combo into and doesn't even get you anything when it hits outside of maybe OTG in the corner.

Half the time I can't even safely tag him in when I KO my opponent's point character because he always goes the full length of the screen to make absolutely certain that I get punished for it.

Buff... Tags?...... FASTER DOUBLE TAG.....

Reactions: Arcana
Speaking of tags, can we make Big Band's tag a little better in some way? Its difficult to combo into and doesn't even get you anything when it hits outside of maybe OTG in the corner.

Half the time I can't even safely tag him in when I KO my opponent's point character because he always goes the full length of the screen to make absolutely certain that I get punished for it.
jHK for hard tag

Would being able to do e.brake be too good?

How about a hit of armor? He initially had it (cuz rushpunch) but I thought it might be too good.
Dropkick would be kinda amazing, but you'd have to not be able to tech.

Oh speaking of tags, I keep meaning to make Val's not crossup in the corner, guess I can do that too.
Double's is fine the way it is thanks.

As far as assists go, there also isn't much of a way to disallow you from calling them after Cerebella's unless I make her actual tag anim longer.

What about others? Squig's is super meh.

Hell, outside of PW and Bella (and maybe 1 or 2 others) the rest seem pretty outclassed.

What about others? Squig's is super meh.
Hell, outside of PW and Bella (and maybe 1 or 2 others) the rest seem pretty outclassed.
Nope. Squig's is currently the only one that can come from behind them, etc.
I don't care if they're not super great, as long as they're occasionally useful. Being mashable to escape pressure is not a requirement.
Also there is a minimum time they must take for asset loading. >.<

I don't care if they're not super great, as long as they're occasionally useful. >.<
I have a question!
Why is Painwheels grab techable if you combo into it?
Is it too good if you couldn't tech it?

Eh, I figured it might be. We can try it the other way though.
Sure!
I think combos with tags are really cool but it's upsetting that it can only work once until they are reminded to tech it next time.
Teching in neutral is cool though.

Out of curiosity what raw tags are able to be used in a combo?

Just about all of them with the right set up, unless it's a hard KD like Bella.
Even bella tag has some combo-ability : squigly DP, anti air SBO, recover, bella tag, SBO will impede the opponent from hitting the ground and you can keep the combo going

Last edited:
My main gripe with Squigly's tag is that the tombstone always seems to be in some unpredictable position if I want to try to combo into it, even if I have my opponent in the corner there are at least two different distances it can be at.
Does it follow any logic at all?

Edit: By which I mean please explain how and when it moves, surely it can't actually be random.

Last edited:
My main gripe with Squigly's tag is that the tombstone always seems to be in some unpredictable position if I want to try to combo into it, even if I have my opponent in the corner there are at least two different distances it can be at.
Does it follow any logic at all?

Edit: By which I mean please explain how and when it moves, surely it can't actually be random.
If you wanna combo into it you can call her assist and it will reset the position of the tombstone, as for the way it moves I think it just tries to stay on-screen...

It moves with the edge of the screen and when she's used as an assist.

You also set its initial point from tag-out and DHC.

Reactions: zeknife
Omg... If pw gets untechable combod tag... Shit will get REALLY REAL.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Oh speaking of tags, I keep meaning to make Val's not crossup in the corner, guess I can do that too.

Oh sweet christ yes. I'm tired of baiting raw tags and getting punished for it.

Doesn't Double's second hit on her tag randomly cross up too?

Not a huge deal either way because if you are paying attention, your body "turns" to face her, so you just have to adjust your block.