• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

It's not random. It always crosses up.

Reactions: DDB
You just have to block the first hit and then hold either left or right to block the second hit.

It's not random. It always crosses up.

I think my confusion is that it doesn't cross up if the opponents back is in the corner. My bad.

Val's tag only crossed up with vacuum moves, like Filia/Fukua's c.mk and these stuff. Fukua and Peacock's tag in crosses this way too, but Val was only in the corner.

Val's tag only crossed up with vacuum moves, like Filia/Fukua's c.mk and these stuff. Fukua and Peacock's tag in crosses this way too, but Val was only in the corner.
It also reliably crossed up if used as a reversal from the corner, which was pretty questionable

Doesn't Double's second hit on her tag randomly cross up too?

Not a huge deal either way because if you are paying attention, your body "turns" to face her, so you just have to adjust your block.
Randomly?
I thought it was a crossup everytime?

Randomly?
I thought it was a crossup everytime?

Yeah it does. I was confusing myself since it doesn't cross up in the corner. In my head I just had it as "crosses up most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't."

Not a huge deal either way because if you are paying attention, your body "turns" to face her, so you just have to adjust your block.
What?

Come on, sir, she even yells out "Double cross!"

It ALWAYS goes for a crossup.

It crosses up all the time 80% of the time.

Yes to PW tag combo untechable because everyone else can combo off a tag except her. Equality for all is what I always say.

Parasouls bike tag should make them bounce higher so she can combo off it on all characters, not just filia and smaller.

Hi all. #OverlookedOpinionsDan

Reactions: SmashBlade

I don't know if its humanly possible to react to your character's 'turnaround' animation to block in time.

I don't know if its humanly possible to react to your character's 'turnaround' animation to block in time.
It is, @gllt did like eight billion Double tags to me last night and every time I blocked the first hit I also blocked the second hit. You have a long time to see which way your character is facing before the second hit happens.

Reactions: WarpedEcho and gllt
It is, @gllt did like eight billion Double tags to me last night and every time I blocked the first hit I also blocked the second hit. You have a long time to see which way your character is facing before the second hit happens.

Oh I thought he meant like... in general against any crossup.

Against Double's tag in particular, yeah she takes so long to come back onto the screen its pretty easy.

Double's tag in is really weird to deal with. If you trade hits on the first hit, the game treats it as if the second hit connected too, so you just float for a bit, then bounce from the non-existant second hit.

Double's tag in is really weird to deal with. If you trade hits on the first hit, the game treats it as if the second hit connected too, so you just float for a bit, then bounce from the non-existant second hit.
No, actually the first hit just causes floor bounce, because there is no way for the 2nd hit to cause bounce if you land on the floor from a knockdown (you'd go into OTG stun) so rather than that it just puts you in a state where you don't land. I suppose I could make it look nicer...

Mike was it changed so that assists can't cause sliding knockdown just for h.brass assist , cause it doesn't seem broken for other assists. Any chance that you can make sliding knockdown for other assists other than brass ?

Mike was it changed so that assists can't cause sliding knockdown just for h.brass assist , cause it doesn't seem broken for other assists. Any chance that you can make sliding knockdown for other assists other than brass ?
Nope!

Filia will never be able to have a sliding knockdown again. Makes me sad, I still liked that Gregor for that reason...

I'm still willing to keep air gregor slide if it keeps invincibility and hitstop post-flash.

On the subject of test stuff- in the absence of grab invincibility on Eliza's DP, what are the chances of adding some grab invincibility on LK twirl? I haven't tested how much damage she gets with that starter but I imagine it isn't too much since it only links into LK or LP and that would limit your combo potential.

Reactions: guitalex2007
I'm still willing to keep air gregor slide if it keeps invincibility and hitstop post-flash.
I didn't realize this was a negotiation. :^) Also, I'm sticking by the "sliding is better overall than comboability for this character", so it's not really a sigh-okay-fine moment.

Reactions: gllt and Mwisk
Its more of a "I would prefer the attack in this state as opposed to this other thing" and not me trying to negotiate something you have to do.

For future reference, any and all comments I make in regards to beta changes or experiments are just me giving my feedback and opinion. I know that it ultimately comes down to your decision on the matter.

If painwheel's tag becomes untechable during combos but techable elsewhere I would be trying out some form of burst/tech situation. That is if you can combo into it without a knockdown.

Also,talking about big band buffs just makes me wish his taunts increased his hugeness. Apache chief style.

Question on Eliza's sweep. It's armored vs projectiles, and Fukua's shadows count as projectiles, but the LK version always knocks Eliza out of her sweep. Does the fact that the LK shadow is a sweep trump the fact that it's a projectile?

Basically, is this a bug or a feature?

Question on Eliza's sweep. It's armored vs projectiles, and Fukua's shadows count as projectiles, but the LK version always knocks Eliza out of her sweep. Does the fact that the LK shadow is a sweep trump the fact that it's a projectile?

Annoying but yes, slide is a sweep.

I guess 'projectile' should win in that instance, because if you are projectile invincible it won't hit you, so if you are projectile armored it should armor all projectiles. (Tager being projectile armored allows him to armor things that are physical+projectile, etc. The largest set that covers you not being hit.)

Fixed.

Is it just me or is Eliza's yawn really annoying? It happens every 2nd-4th block she does.

Can we quick replace one of her win quote's with one of Boxer's?

Or possibly make that one of Sekhmet's?

Mike you should just make a graphics pack DLC already that replaces all the character portraits/loading screen images with version you drew

id rather mike keep coding then spend his time drawing 1000+ frames for every character...

id rather mike keep coding then spend his time drawing 1000+ frames for every character...

I agree with your statement, but thats not what he asked for.

Reactions: gllt and Tomo009
The Eliza loading art is pretty great

The Eliza loading art is pretty great
The temp or she has official loading art now?

Its not like they were ever teched to begin with though
This. If I hadn't said anything I'm not sure anyone would have noticed. :^P

FINALLY THE FIBER FIX IS IN. JESUS CHRIST i got fast fall for almost no reason :D
It was something like 22 hours, yo.
And if you'd like to get technical, you got fastfall because you were hitting the button outside the lenient-cancel window, so you'd actually have gotten nothing anyway. :^)

Sure I never teched the tag-in the first time, but it never worked a second time.