• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Excuse me
I'm pretty sure I've only ever fought his Peacock online. By the time we actually got to play each other offline he had already dropped Peacock so it doesn't count
If only you went to tournament =(

@Swiftfox-Dash
So sure, a triple Argus combo will lose 1.5k, but your 1-meter BnB lost 500 maximum. This is not the difference between top tier and garbage tier.

That's how Argus works, you know that. :^P
Well in my defense when i said 1-1.5K difference I was going with my most damaging BNB that used up two bars and had a level 3 item drop and a george bomb at the end (due to Argus length =p).
However when you put it into perspective like that it isn't as bad as it initially seemed.

Reactions: Dime
Tj is so fucking level headed. This is a great man.

Id be throwing shit if i were a peacock main right now.

Or maybe it counts as "undefeated and retired"?
This one.
Skarmand the peacock is ded
Excuse me
I'm pretty sure I've only ever fought his Peacock online. By the time we actually got to play each other offline he had already dropped Peacock so it doesn't count
Hornet bomber vs H Brass is gross I'd rather solo Parasoul. :^)

I don't follow, they block LK george then you what? Go for a low? lol. Sure you can poke them but unless the opponent is mashing jab or throw you're not going to get a combo.

But that's an issue of having limited mixups when you're up close. Doesn't have much to do with how easy it is to hit-confirm with her.

Or maybe you're using differen't terminology than me?

To me a character with bad hitconfirms is somebody like Big Band who's overhead is unsafe and his safest medium normal is -5 on block so anytime you poke at somebody and they block you end up punished or at frame disadvantage.

A character with good hitconfirms for example is Squigly because she can stancel any of her normals to make them safe and QCF+LK is plus on block so even if you don't want to stancel you're still safe (excluding PBGC).

Well in my defense when i said 1-1.5K difference I was going with my most damaging BNB that used up two bars and had a level 3 item drop and a george bomb at the end (due to Argus length =p).
However when you put it into perspective like that it isn't as bad as it initially seemed.
I am genuinely impressed with that response.

So, given everyone hates no-HK-teleport-with-assist-out what say we try the other one I listed. :^P

[edit] For people that suggested slowing down HK teleport, frame perfect D,DB+MP,B+HK with H Lock-n-Load assist is +43 on block, and Peacock actually recovers before the assist hits. Ain't no way I'm slowing that teleport down that much, that's just unfair to her.

[edi2] A "BNB" doesn't use two bars of meter and have a Lv3 item and George at the end, man, that's not what a BNB is. :^P

Last edited:
Reactions: Sydoh and Hilary
I can fix it up so it only lasts until your assist finishes their attack
If you feel you absolutely must do something to her teleport, I would prefer this to the other idea. I really don't like the idea of losing the current HK teleport entirely but, if the problem is primarily the teleport crossup shenanigans while an assist is out, disabling Peacock's ability to teleport behind the opponent while the assist is also disabled just seems like overkill.

But that's an issue of having limited mixups when you're up close. Doesn't have much to do with how easy it is to hit-confirm with her.

Or maybe you're using differen't terminology than me?

Oh I see what you mean sorry for the misunderstanding, but yeah I was just referring to her ability to get a clean hit in general, you know, open through their defenses. Be it upclose mixups when you have the frame advantage or just in the neutral where she is generally better off trying to get some space and set up some bombs. Getting a solid hit into a full combo is a bit tricky at times, and often comes from SoID more than anything else.

[edi2] A "BNB" doesn't use two bars of meter and have a Lv3 item and George at the end, man, that's not what a BNB is. :^P

I dunno Mike, Peacock builds so much meter you may as well use 2 bars in your B&B. Like 70% of the time I'm fighting her she's sitting on 5.

I dunno Mike, Peacock builds so much meter you may as well use 2 bars in your B&B. Like 70% of the time I'm fighting her she's sitting on 5.
That's still not what a BNB is...

Reactions: WarpedEcho
Mike has a point lol. I suppose I said "my strongest bnb" because it is my 1 bar BNB combo just minus the LP bang stagger link I normally use to allow for a second argus(Which in turn allows me to tack on a george bomb, making it a bit more convoluted )

I'm not going to comment on which Peacock teleport change is better from a balance perspective (honestly, I don't even know), but I like the proposed one that always works the same way more from a "does this sound fun/make sense" perspective than one that behaves differently based on what your assist is doing.

Reactions: Mr. X
Do Peacock's really only spend 1 meter during combos? Is that a thing?

I just wanted to chime in to say what i think about the Diamond Deflector change, I still haven't made up my mind on the Peacock changes, all i can say is that yes, Fake teleport is a pretty strong mixup in retail ATM, everybody but TJ uses it wrong.

Anyway refering to this post in particular:

I figure the reason behind the Reflector Change is something along the lines of "It's an uber godlike projectile counter, it really doesn't need to do anything else"
Bella can just guess Reflect at midrange against Parasoul; if she guessed Tearshot right, she gets a full combo; if she guessed wrong and say Parasoul dashed in instead, Para still gets hit -- that's a bit silly IMO.

If you aren't baiting the only option that Bella has against you (As Parasoul) then you're just playing badly, there's a wide variety of ways to bait Cerebella into getting hit by one of your tears or do a jump in if the Cerebella player is trying to Deflect a tear that was blocked.

If you're shooting tears without thinking and dashing in at Cerebella and you dodge the Deflect but you still get hit by the physical hitbox of it and the other player does Dynamo on reaction, DHC's and converts then the Cerebella player really deserves some credit.

(Deflect's physical hit is +1 and it's only active for a tiny little bit, the entire move is 7 frames total and the physical hitbox is there for barely half of it)

This change affects the Peacock matchup way harder than it "helps" on the Parasoul matchup and just removes Deflect into LVL 3 combos and some silly Deflect burst baits after Kancho or LVL 3, if getting hit by the physical hitbox of Deflect is an issue for you (You as in everybody in general) then you should reconsider what you do in the Cerebella matchup overall.

What if undizzy didn't trigger in stage 3/4 like how IPS won't trigger in stage 3/4 but will still add undizzy?

The only way Peacock can be fixed is if she gets Raging Demon that crosses up and hits low for 9 billion damage. Also its a invincible command grab that hits high and overhead

The only way Peacock can be fixed is if she gets Raging Demon that crosses up and hits low for 9 billion damage. Also its a invincible command grab that hits high and overhead
Why go billions when you can go (dramatic close up.....) millions?!

But yeah, I am now imaging how humorous a raging demon from Peacock would be.

Wow this thread is active today

What if undizzy didn't trigger in stage 3/4 like how IPS won't trigger in stage 3/4 but will still add undizzy?

Undizzy already doesn't trigger in Stage 3.

I don't even know how often Stage 4 is even used.

Undizzy already doesn't trigger in Stage 3.

I don't even know how often Stage 4 is even used.
Stage 4 is used fairly often. Pretty sure that's the stage that's used after an air dash during stage 3 (so anyone who launches, jumps, attacks, air dashes is using stage 4).

So is every assist punching bella in the mouth now that reflect got nerfed
cuz that would suck
suck/10.

I wouldn't call the character only 1 player is good with braindead
but that's just me ~_~
Hey if you wanna say TJ's the best Peacock that's fine I wouldn't argue with that, but wording it like you did here makes me wanna respond with something like "Hey, go fuck yourself, Sage."

So is every assist punching bella in the mouth now that reflect got nerfed
cuz that would suck
suck/10.
What?

Maybe he refers to it being only projectile invincible upon a reflect?

Edit: Greninja'd

Also with this Argus change I was hoping the new knockback would make it to when you catch the point and assist character, one wouldn't drop out as often as they normally do. Despite knocking both characters to the edge of the screen almost instantly, seems one still tends to drop out D:

Hey if you wanna say TJ's the best Peacock that's fine I wouldn't argue with that, but wording it like you did here makes me wanna respond with something like "Hey, go fuck yourself, Sage."

That's fine lol
What?

When you reflect you can still get hit by anything physical so brass/lnl will always hit you???

To me a character with bad hitconfirms is somebody like Big Band who's overhead is unsafe and his safest medium normal is -5 on block so anytime you poke at somebody and they block you end up punished or at frame disadvantage.

Big Band's c.LK is +5 on block and you can hitconfirm it into his c.MP on reaction.

@Everyone stop autopiloting your confirms into shitty blockstrings

Stupid solution to BB rush punch for free problem.
You know how reflect hits Marie multiple times? Apply the same logic to other characters except any hit after the first hit still has some miniscule amount of hitstop but no damage with the last hit applying the stagger effect. With Big Band's big body (alliteration), it would negate the assist if it was used after a projectile. An assist before projectile would allow peacock to get some chip damage in before having to worry about reflect.
This would majorly affect a bunch of other armored moves though, so it's probably not the best solution.
Please rip to shreds with good/obvious arguments.

Big Band's c.LK is +5 on block and you can hitconfirm it into his c.MP on reaction.

@Everyone stop autopiloting your confirms into shitty blockstrings

If you can hit-confirm off of one light attack you have WAY better reactions than me buddy.

Hell if you can hit confirm off of one light attack that means EVERY character has great hit confirms.

Reactions: Wildpony
The attack being light is meaningless - it's the hitstun+histop that makes it possible to convert off of Big Band's c.LK raw. Another normal that you can do this with is Valentine's c.LP.

You can't confirm off of Filia's c.LK or singular c.LP raw because you don't have enough hitstun to wait long enough to confirm to a higher normal.

Just try confirming Big Band's c.LK into c.MP in training room for a few minutes with dummy on random guard. You'll surprise yourself.

Reactions: iLoli
The attack being light is meaningless - it's the hitstun+histop that makes it possible to convert off of Big Band's c.LK raw. Another normal that you can do this with is Valentine's c.LP.

You can't confirm off of Filia's c.LK or singular c.LP raw because you don't have enough hitstun to wait long enough to confirm to a higher normal.

Just try confirming Big Band's c.LK into c.MP in training room for a few minutes with dummy on random guard. You'll surprise yourself.

Big band's cr.LK has 7f of hitstop and 22 f of hitstun, so 29 frames.

BB's cr.MP has 11f startup so in total you've got 18 frames to hit-confirm it. I'm sorry that's not enough time to hit confirm it consistently especially with frameskip.

18 frames is well within reasonable human reaction times, when you're looking out for one stimuli. I took some random reaction speed test online, and my resting average was 270 ms, which is about 16 frames. I can push it harder if I really focus and get a feel for the timing.

The reason that 18 frame overheads etc are harder to react to is because you don't know when or if they are going to happen, and if you are trying to raw react to something without expecting it, it is much harder.

However, if you are waiting for exactly one thing to react to, 18 frames is very reasonable.

Now, stop trying to convince yourself it's impossible, go into training room, and try it out for a few minutes.

Edit: also I do this confirm online, when playing against people with consistent connections at ~80-100 ping

18 frames is pushing it in a fighter. You're going to have start-up frames, and if they aren't immediately recognized, the 18 frames drops down to say 16 frames. To top that off, unless they are consistently doing the exact same thing at the exact same time, you shouldn't be able to narrow down your window of "focus" quite that consistently. Some times? Absolutely. Reliably? I'd doubt it.

You can easily try it out though. Set Parasoul's 20 frame 6lp to recording 1 and her 18 frame 6mp to recording 2. Have it repeat and randomize the recordings. I'd be curious what the success rate is, but I'd almost guarantee it isn't 100%. Though as an old man, I'm admittedly loathe to compare my reflexes to others.

All of that said, does someone have an actual study on what a person can realistically react to?

Now, stop trying to convince yourself it's impossible, go into training room, and try it out for a few minutes.

You seem to be under the incorrect impression that I posted without going into training mode and trying it for myself first.

and its ~15 frames with the frame skip added.

You seem to be under the incorrect impression that I posted without going into training mode and trying it for myself first.

well then git gud son