• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Indeed it is still quite a bit, despite the damage nerfs she can still do a good amount. The main question is just getting a combo started in the first place =p
Maybe you just shouldn't. :p

I've always had one complaint about Peacock. The complaint is that she can't launch after a low.

I wish c.LP was low. At least the first hit.

c.MK, HP(1), MK george, LK george, dash j.MK also works if not near a corner.

Last edited:
@Swiftfox-Dash
10.5 is a FINE amount of damage, you can and will deal with it just great, I'm sure. (11.5 is a little much for also leaving them a full screen away etc.)

Yeah. I'm even having lenny not detonate after argus is done randomly as well.
Yeah I was gonna make it so that if a little laser hits him he'll go off after Argus is done 100%. And have them push him slightly further.

i want the option to replace my macros with dedicated assist buttons if possible, similar to the assist buttons in mvc2 and umvc3.
Not happening, that would require gigantic changes to a lot of parts of the codebase.
i ask for this because sometimes certain buttons + assist calls equals me getting a raw tag that i definitely do not want. like with fukua i do cr.hp + assist 2 and since my assist 2 macro is mp+hk sometimes the game reads that as a raw tag and then i die for it.
(Why, then, would you not change your assist macro to MK+HP? Curious.)
That's not gonna happen, but I THINK YOU FOUND A BUG! I could have sworn I prevented that case, which I just checked. Turns out HP~(MP+HK) will always give you an assist call in original team order, but if you switch first and second chars it gives you a tag because it checks the tagging-out character first. I can fix it!

I wonder how Mike feels about the more silly suggestions.
Like it's time for me to ignore one of the only useful threads on Skullheart again, sadly.

@Swiftfox-Dash
10.5 is a FINE amount of damage, you can and will deal with it just great, I'm sure.
But.... I wasn't complaining about her damage nerf, I was saying her damage output was still good despite the nerfs .-.

I can fix it!
QtCvmdm.jpg
it's time for me to ignore one of the only useful threads on Skullheart again, sadly.
See what you all did.

Reactions: Covenant
Works with everyone, but only against Argus so far.

@Dime_x sounds like you need to learn how to improvise

I didnt say i couldnt, i said it was annoying. I can win at sf4 as well... But i find it annoying so i dont play sf4.

The BB changes i proposed wouldnt affect his gameplay for better or worse as far as strength is concerned if implemented with thought, and would put the character on par with others as far as things needed to keep track of.

And thats all there is to say about that. I already said i could keep track of this stuff, its just mad annoying.

Works with everyone, but only against Argus so far.

Actually this happened to me just last night against Heropon when I used Parasoul Level 3 against a double who was at double jump height and blocked. Apparently Heropon said this is has happened before at other times as well

Reactions: gllt
I don't really get the Beat Extend change. It's already quite punishable on block for point BB so I take it that's not the point of the change, but for Beat Extend assist, blocking it wasn't really that much of a problem. It was more how much you needed to watch out for it because if you even put your toes out then you'll get scooped.

Also I guess I'm the minority that thought while Double does have her obvious weaknesses, she overall wasn't that bad. I'd much rather a love tap nerf to bomber (Or anything inbetween what is currently proposed and a small change) and not as many buffs to her point gameplay but that's just me.

Also for easy reference, Beat Extend is now 24/29/27 on block as opposed to 16/20/24 on block on live.

And I also like the usage of a cut animation for the Monster. I was expecting some mishmash of Double's pre-existing animations for it. I think Double's throw effect sound may be better than the "cut" sound effect though.

Last edited:
I don't really get the Beat Extend change. It's already quite punishable on block for point BB so I take it that's not the point of the change, but for Beat Extend assist, blocking it wasn't really that much of a problem. It was more how much you needed to watch out for it because if you even put your toes out then you'll get scooped.
Can't speak for him about this, but if it were me, I'd do it because all other moves with follow-ups on hit work the same way.

If not, maybe the fact that shaking the stick extends the super cancelable window to over two seconds so during the shake you can't really choose to punish so he gets free damage to the assist that can be followed by super and DHC for more unpreventable damage to the assist.

Can't speak for him about this, but if it were me, I'd do it because all other moves with follow-ups on hit work the same way.

If not, maybe the fact that shaking the stick extends the super cancelable window to over two seconds so during the shake you can't really choose to punish so he gets free damage to the assist that can be followed by super and DHC for more unpreventable damage to the assist.
I am 100% sure ashxu's comment refers to today's change (BE lowered blockstun) rather than the shake thing, as his entire section on "beat extend assist" wouldn't make any sense whatsoever else.

I am 100% sure ashxu's comment refers to today's change (BE lowered blockstun) rather than the shake thing, as his entire section on "beat extend assist" wouldn't make any sense whatsoever else.
Ah.

Edit: holy shit, Double buffs. Omw

Last edited:
Yeah... that does not work in most of the cast though. Fortune's hitboxes on hit are pretty wide so the hit on s.hp will get her on the super range.

OKAY SO about that new super. It is intended to be a "common" followup after Cilia Slide right? On Double and Big Band it will use a pink bounce before the super grabs them. Is it possible to make it so it will grab people before the ground bounce is used?

And also... there's a weird thing happening in a DHC... lemme record it.
EDIT: nvm, it was just me being an idiot

Last edited:
- Added new super: Monster! (No official name yet.)
Can I suggest a name for Double's super? "Shifty Amorphing Puddle Danger"

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Well I'm not exactly thrilled about the Beat Extend nerf but I guess I can always just go back to using Brass Knuckles assist just like everybody else does. 90% of big band players I see don't even use it because H Brass is so good.

HK drill losing its hit invul really sucks for Fukua on point but I guess she can manage without it.

You mean to tell me I can't mash drill all day erry day anymore???? loooool
Time to try out these beta experiments

Reactions: Uzu
Well I'm not exactly thrilled about the Beat Extend nerf but I guess I can always just go back to using Brass Knuckles assist just like everybody else does. 90% of big band players I see don't even use it because H Brass is so good.
America seems to think Beat Extend is much stronger than Brass
I disagree, but I also don't think BE is suddenly worthless due to a blockstun reduction.

HK drill losing its hit invul really sucks for Fukua on point but I guess she can manage without it.
It seems like kind of a weird nerf, in particular when looking at "Changed Bomber to be more useful on point".
M.Drill was always useless, now H.Drill joins the cause. Why would you use it anywhere other than the end of a combo?

You know for that puddle move I was kind of expecting a much smaller mouth and having it as a special move more like Testament's trees. This is still pretty cool, I wonder if Double players will be using it for zoning in the neutral game or if they will just decide to save for Cat Heads instead.

Kinda bugs me how the entire thing is 90% one color though, looks kind of washed-out. I doubt the art team is going to go back to recolor it.

Yeah I'm kinda sad that none of the drills are strike invincible. As an assist it was too good(imo), on point it was also pretty good because it lead to a sliding knockdown super and went really far horizontally.

I was thinking about asking if lk could be strike invincible, but that would just make her cross under 50/50 even better so idk. Maybe mk can have it, maybe none will have it. lololol

Inspired by Noaa's. This one is assistless.

Since i know most people won't read the description ->

NOTE: Doesn't work on Cerebella, Valentine, Painwheel nor Double.

Holy shit that new double super makes me want to try out double again just for the awesome factor

Reactions: Covenant
Yeah I'm kinda sad that none of the drills are strike invincible. As an assist it was too good(imo), on point it was also pretty good because it lead to a sliding knockdown super and went really far horizontally.

I was thinking about asking if lk could be strike invincible, but that would just make her cross under 50/50 even better so idk. Maybe mk can have it, maybe none will have it. lololol
The most 'logical' solution to me would be invinc on M at the cost of much higher recovery.
Then you'd have L as a blockstring ender, M as a reversal which is worse than old H (both due to being easily punishable and going less far) and H as combo ender/premier assist choice.

But Mike already stated that he originally didn't want Drill to have any invincibility and is happy with this Beta change -
Which leaves me curious what exactly he wants the move to be for, as it's currently rather .. bad.

Can fukua lose some block stun on her shadow clones? It feels like im just sitting there at half screen and cant move when you get hit by them lol

Reactions: Uzu
The most 'logical' solution to me would be invinc on M at the cost of much higher recovery.
Then you'd have L as a blockstring ender, M as a reversal which is worse than old H (both due to being easily punishable and going less far) and H as combo ender/premier assist choice.

But Mike already stated that he originally didn't want Drill to have any invincibility and is happy with this Beta change -
Which leaves me curious what exactly he wants the move to be for, as it's currently rather .. bad.

Yeah idk. I can still use LK and HK but MK even prior to this change I never used. But to be fair I never experimented with it.
I did use HK drill outside of pbgc and reversals though. If someone would jump at me and push a button I would punish with drill -> super and I really liked this option since I've never had anything like it before lool. Drill on point would also lose to any invincible assist, throw, projectiles (so like, parasoul st.hp -> shot would beat it depending on the spacing), assist like copter etc. As an assist, it just kinda went woosh bloop blap zzzzzzzz
Was pretty unfair lool.

Can fukua lose some block stun on her shadow clones? It feels like im just sitting there at half screen and cant move when you get hit by them lol

Don't nerf my mains.

Lol but think about it. All 3 of them can launch you into a combo state, and all three of them can lead to like 8k. On block they are like hella + for no reason. (i think one is like +30 i think?) So i mean, i just feel that they should at least be either neutral +1 and +2 for lmh versions of the clone due to startup.

LK can't be combo'd off of if I don't get to you before you hit the floor.
MK hits mid, so it should only hit you if you're trying to swing at my when you're nowhere near me.
HK is not only slow, but doesn't go that far. Idk if it can't be combo'd off of if you hit the floor in the beta, but I'm assuming you can't meaning I can't combo off it as easily from the max range.(still not hard tho I guess? Haven't tried it)

I'm personally okay with it, but idk lol. If you block mk shadow in the air and land you just revert back to not being in blockstun, same with hk. If fukua runs at you, welp just deal with her idk how she's going to hit you. Scariest thing I have at that point is a potential command grab but you can just push block me away so good.

can someone try dhcing with double's new super, i really want to see what it does lol

I will say this new Double ability seems really cool. And its cool she finally has another attack that isn't using the appearance of another character.

Also still trying to figure out how to apply Painwheel's Turn Punch Pinion. Its a bit too awkward right now and I kinda hope that it will get a more traditional motion.