• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Oh HK Buer is actually useful now. Didn't see that coming.

It was already a super strong combo extender for your corner stuff so I wouldn't say its all of a sudden useful.

Reactions: LuxadeSwag
now s.hp into M lnl works too...
ow...didn't see that part...
not gonna happen, as it would make c.lk c.mp s.hp M LnL lvl3 starter a thing

8.2k midscreen assistless is not really standard imo (or reality). and alot of that damage is off of ssj. Also ground chain to ssj does about 6k, so dhc to a combo is really good from ssj. His large size is not good reasoning for him to not getting damage nerfs. Only the ease in which he gets damage or how much damage he currently deals will determine that, if he ever gets any.
*Don't think he should get nerfed anyway

He's big slow and his damage comes from mostly stray hits the day I see big band use a lk starter is the day I die. So I mean if you're getting hit by the slow big guy it SHOULD hurt.

It is hard to get a hit as big band unless your opponent is brain dead and easy to read. (This is only an opinion though so I dunno) Big Band when you aren't mashing ssj is a character that requires thought and good spacing to work compared to lots of other characters. (Filia Val Fortune)

ALSO a lot of characters can get about 8k midscreen so I dunno what you're on about. Fortune can Bella can I'm sure some character I dunno about can and they're all from practical starters.

It's a really dumb reversal super though that's the only thing I think that's dumb about it but w/e.

He's big slow and his damage comes from mostly stray hits the day I see big band use a lk starter is the day I die. So I mean if you're getting hit by the slow big guy it SHOULD hurt.

It is hard to get a hit as big band unless your opponent is brain dead and easy to read. (This is only an opinion though so I dunno) Big Band when you aren't mashing ssj is a character that requires thought and good spacing to work compared to lots of other characters. (Filia Val Fortune)

ALSO a lot of characters can get about 8k midscreen so I dunno what you're on about. Fortune can Bella can I'm sure some character I dunno about can and they're all from practical starters.

It's a really dumb reversal super though that's the only thing I think that's dumb about it but w/e.
A few points:
1. Play drewski, mcpeanuts, legendary J, and Gfarmer, then you'll be dead
2. Wow people thinking characters that actually arent braindead, are braindead. Thats a new one
3. also 8k 1 meter off of cr.lk/lp assistless is not something most characters can get
4. Also lol that you think val does not need good spacing (just an opinion :p)
5. The word standard: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/standard (If say 5 out of 12 of the cast gets 8k+ assistless midscreen, then it is in comparison* non standard)
(disclaimer: Im sorry)

Reactions: Hilary
It was already a super strong combo extender for your corner stuff so I wouldn't say its all of a sudden useful.

Combo tools aren't generally what people mean by 'useful'. It gave painwheel access to more damage and yeah that's great but it didn't substantially increase her options at neutral or in pressure or anything. But, now it's an anti-air grab so woo also HK BUER ASSIST yay more useful assists I like more moves getting made useful on characters with meh assists.

Reactions: Daemyx
Is this PW change to make up for up backing her FC high resets which Dime was talking about?

Are we just calling any and everything "braindead" these days?
To be fair:
- My playstyle is pretty braindead and works, so my chars can't be not-braindead
- All of Team Duck is pretty braindead
- BigBand is definitely braindead
- Grapplers are braindead by definition
- Eliza/Sekhmet is pretty dumb at best
- Ms.Fortune had so much braindead through Vanilla-MDE that she still counts as such
- Have you been in the PW subforums ever? If these people can play that char, it can't be a very smart one
- That pretty much just leaves Squigly. Who is literally braindead.

A few points:
1. Play drewski, mcpeanuts, legendary J, and Gfarmer, then you'll be dead
2. Wow people thinking characters that actually arent braindead, are braindead. Thats a new one
3. also 8k 1 meter off of cr.lk/lp assistless is not something most characters can get
4. Also lol that you think val does not need good spacing (just an opinion :p)
5. The word standard: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/standard (If say 5 out of 12 of the cast gets 8k+ assistless midscreen, then it is in comparison* non standard)
(disclaimer: Im sorry)

I only saw two names of good big band players (and even then every hit they get you KNOW it's your fault and not just some silly thing) and if you could explain to me just how big band is braindead I'd love to hear it. I mean other than ssj mash. Are parries braindead is picking the correct a train braindead is picking the correct beat extend braindead I dunno.

No one ever says why something is braindead and that really bugs me.

Haha yes let's nerf the big and slow character's damage

Surely this will not go wrong and has no negative precedents in the history of fighting games
Slow? Big Band is not slow. His moves are quite fast, he has one of the fastest supers in the game and his lights are quite fast for what he is.

You guys know that any parasoul combo that ended with sniper always combo'd into egret biker right? It makes me sad that no one knew this already. But now with the patch, you CAN'T combo off of sniper + egret.

You guys know that any parasoul combo that ended with sniper always combo'd into egret biker right? It makes me sad that no one knew this already. But now with the patch, you CAN'T combo off of sniper + egret.

I think they already knew, I mean, I already knew. The point of that video is just, lol duck hunt.

.........Please read my post referring to braindead chatacters. I was saying that your calling of filia val and fortune braindead was pretty old (follow syntax please). I in NO way said BB was braindead. As card game players say RTFComment
Edit: I even remembered the comma my god

You guys know that any parasoul combo that ended with sniper always combo'd into egret biker right?
How to do M/L Shot x Egret HK x Sniper???

it keeps dropping ?!

can we also change the speed of double's level 3 back to normal? i personally think it looks really dumb sped up like this. i think retail is the perfect speed for it

Reactions: WarpedEcho and Dime
well with new Nightmare Legion if you parry the first hit it will count BB in the air and you can do this.....

so yeah i think that might need to be changed or something.

But hey, I ain't complaining~ I like it!

okay in all seriousness though, did solo ever get that red health buff or not?

I'm pretty sure that the red health buff to solos is still on the beta experiments list. If I remember how these things work correctly, it'll stay in the beta while everybody plays around with it, and if Mike likes what he sees, we'll see it added to the normal retail game in the same patch that adds the next DLC character (i.e. when Beowulf is finished).

Someone is actually complaining about bigband doing damage?

I don't even know what to say.

Actually I do but it can't be said here.

Can we get old reflector back pretty please? Thanks for reading my post
I'm all for Bella getting old deflector back; thing didn't combo into Lv3, only started reflecting after like 15 frames of startup, didn't stagger vs air and only staggered the first character it hit. Was hype! We can do this again.

Also, as a side note, the lnl damage nerf doesn't look like it affects my 1v3 assist thing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH jeez.

That's weird. I guess Mike just forgot to mention it.
It's the same animation on block or on whiff, did I have to mention it?

Can we get old reflector back pretty please? Thanks for reading my post
Why? Please respond in some intelligible fashion instead of regular yaboidekillspeak. :^)
Also yeah I was just mentioning what Bikes were, they didn't change. They are never minus on block ever.

@Dime_x
How bout now?

And I dunno where BB losing damage on SSJ even came from, but that's not necessary at all.

Oh I missed some
Was the idea of on counterhit filia gets a second hairball cancel, or was/is that still considered ridiculous?
Er. That was never a thing? Since I really don't want to do "on counterhit X thing is different for this specific move for this character only". I don't much like it in other games, I prefer global rules.

Can Fukuas level 5 work like cerebella's
wheres my invincibility
Huh? It's invincible on startup all the way through the grab, like Cerebella's, and through the entirety of the successful animation, like Cerebella's.

Also @Ninja please stop reposting your videos every time you can think of an excuse to do so, thanks.

Last edited:
@Mike_Z I did not mean that she used to have a hairball cancel on counterhit. Just wondering why it (more than one air ball cancel) was removed and if they could return in some form. Did more than 1 cancel buff her damage too much?

Yay Beowulf
Also, I am really glad that air Mk.Buer to thresher works on everyone now.

.........Please read my post referring to braindead chatacters. I was saying that your calling of filia val and fortune braindead was pretty old (follow syntax please). I in NO way said BB was braindead. As card game players say RTFComment
Edit: I even remembered the comma my god

Whoops can't read sorry. But I didn't call them braindead I only said big band requires thought. Maybe I should've been more clear. What I meant was, Big Band takes much more thought and work compared to those three characters. It's the amount of effort that I feel he should have his massive damage (although the damage is really normal to me because my characters do similar damage).

Also I don't like that I can block Filia's mix ups by upbacking due to no preblock when grounded near an air attack I feel so dirty when that happens. Like it kills Filia's thing granted they can just go low or throw but still if I had blocked the low the overhead or cross up doesn't require much thought to block it. I dunno I just don't like it.

Whoops can't read sorry. But I didn't call them braindead I only said big band requires thought. Maybe I should've been more clear. What I meant was, Big Band takes much more thought and work compared to those three characters. It's the amount of effort that I feel he should have his massive damage (although the damage is really normal to me because my characters do similar damage).

Also I don't like that I can block Filia's mix ups by upbacking due to no preblock when grounded near an air attack I feel so dirty when that happens. Like it kills Filia's thing granted they can just go low or throw but still if I had blocked the low the overhead or cross up doesn't require much thought to block it. I dunno I just don't like it.
I dunno. I think you are severely underestimating BB in the matchup against val. He pretty much does the same stuff she does, spacing normals and taking advantage of their traits, and both are made much better with a lockdown, to the point where bb vs val is "assist call: the game" . Main differences are bbs defense is better, and vals offense is better.
Point is that BB is better than most people believe

You're probably right.

HK Buer change is very noticeable/fun/cool on point.

Hi dudes. I dunno is this is a bug or not. Can Beowulf grab his chair in mid-air? It looks like he stops in mid air and goes back to the ground. And sorry for wasting your time guys.

This was actually really noticeable last night during the tournament. Wing's Filia basically couldn't touch you.

This was actually really noticeable last night during the tournament. Wing's Filia basically couldn't touch you.

Is there a video of that tournament somewhere?

Is it really that big of a problem? Low/throw/overhead is effectively a three way and up-backing out of the overhead means that you're not being kept honest.

I guess what I'm asking is, how is this unfair to Filia since it affects (and has affected) almost the entirety of the cast... or am I being naive?

I guess what I'm asking is, how is this unfair to Filia since it affects (and has affected) almost the entirety of the cast... or am I being naive?
Archive:
http://www.twitch.tv/ugclive/b/591429088

Without my making a concrete claim one way or another (and having idiots jump down my throat over it), WingZero's best character was kind of nonexistent for a significant period of last night (upback wasn't the only reason; Stuff was also one of the few players who knew he could block j.HK downback). There was a point a while back where Mike said that if Wing couldn't still win tournaments, then he went too far with the nerfs.