• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

post about high / low indicators above

I think it's pretty on point with the current indicators. I don't think that it is vital for there to be a great difference between the two markers since you know which direction you were blocking- any indication should be enough to tell you that the block was incorrect. Only one mark I can point as a suggestion: I think the overhead hit could be ??! since the top-rounded question marks resemble the shape of ones head- showing anyone where they were hit and should have blocked. If you really want to have it as easy-to-interpret as possible you could just have (^) up arrows and (v) down arrows for where they should have blocked/were hit.

Then again it could appeal to the japanese market to duplicate the same indicators as Guilty Gear / Blazblue had (I don't remember what they were- is it what SG BTA currently has?)
Broken heart counter makes sense: (Aww my attack didn't hit? How heartbreaking)

Reactions: dead
I like them as is.

hm so fireballs return faster if i whiff them but not if i hit them? *goes to testing for the whole day*
No, they start the return sooner than they used to if they go offscreen. Before, they still had to bounce or whatever, now as soon as they're offscreen by like 70 pixels they come back.
They still return at the same speed, and hitting is still faster because you hit them before it would have gone offscreen.

Also, Dynamo's invincible for like 12f after the flash, and BFFs sticks you in place until the shadow is about 1/3 screen away, so if you got her on the last frame of invincibility that can happen.

I don't remember GG/BB's, but I remember Persona 4 Arena Ultimax had yield signs or something along those lines when you got tripped up.

Random thought, I wonder if it might be better for low to have just a single exclamation point and overhead to get the exclamation point and question mark. Mostly because of the way my head works: lows tend to happen quickly unless you're playing Parasoul, hence a single short character, while overheads are slower and thus more characters emphasize that length.

But hey, what do I know! I'm sure whatever ends up in retail is what I'll get used to. Just spouting random thoughts.

When you get thrown, it should appear "wow I swear to fucking god I fucking teched this shit".

Reactions: zarkingphoton
I love the broken heart animation, please put it in more places.

!! for low
!? or ?? for overhead

IMO

PS More Rockefeller sfx pls

Last edited:
Reactions: Colossi
Why does Beowulf have to wait for chair cooldown to slam people on it?

Probably to prevent really braindead damage.

nXPruDN.gif

(The no death pause is really great thanks, Mike.)

Right after your PG13 commentary becomes entertaining?

GOT 'EM OOOOOOO (Ooooooow)

Oooooo

We don't know til we try :(;----;7 that was a long time ago :(

People at Evo don't get bodied this hard lmao

Anyway, the new mixup and counterhit indicators are pretty rad, helps me a lot

D E S T R O Y E D

I figure this counts as a future beta update

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/560971626477404160

Robo-Fortune's big premiere is tonight. I hope this gets some news posts on the various FGC sites before the reveal happens to give more people notice of when the stream starts.

Good to hear, let me fire it a few news places...

Patch Notes BGM™ for today is the NMO ARENA THEME, go run the game! :^)

General
- Fixed lighting on things like Argus/tears/Eliza's blood, I broke it in the renderer update. Wheeeee....
- Fix up counterhit indicator hearts to work better. They don't happen on armor anymore, or auto-tech throws (get thrown out of throw startup), or reflect, etc.
- Hopefully fix a bug in Arcade mode randomness so that Windows players have a chance of encountering Solo characters that aren't Filia/Cerebella/Peacock. :^P Thanks chickenwithtie!

Beowulf
- NMO Arena stage theme version 0.5! Nothing is final, but it is already AWESOME! Thank you Brenton and Blaine...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
- Even more colored frames.
Peacock
- Argus Agony returned to normal length + hits; damage still adjusted so that a fully scaled super is significantly less than the Real Game value.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/195113962387907871

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryin and Flotilla
I just fought Solo Double and Solo Valentine in Arcade. They were glorious! (Fought Solo 'Cock, too.)

Reactions: gllt
I kinda liked shorter Argus, was it dropped because people didn't like it? Or I guess maybe to make Argus into Level 3 Drop easier?

Prefer the current Eliza goku dive. Don't have to learn new combos and it feels more fair for the opponent. I can't just throw it blindly and herp derp free combo.

I kinda liked shorter Argus, was it dropped because people didn't like it? Or I guess maybe to make Argus into Level 3 Drop easier?
It just doesn't change anything besides damage this time around.
Shorter argus removed triple argus and level 3 argus and changed things for Peacock players.

Now it's the same but damage is way down.

Notably, the change that lets argus bolts pass through lenny unhindered still remains in this beta version.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Penguin pin using all three Crowd Hype charges out of Alpha Maul seems a bit too much when just doing Alpha Maul>Bulldog>Grendel Killer does more damage for less Hype. Am I missing something like it scaling better or something? Is there any way we could try reducing the Penguin's Hype cost?

I'm actually very happy about the Argus change. Damage nerf and all. Keeping it retail length also means I won't keep mistiming my dhcs from it. That was taking awhile to get used to.

I'm still getting about the same damage at max scaling with argus as the old shorter beta argus so I'm fine with this.

It just doesn't change anything besides damage this time around.
Shorter argus removed triple argus and level 3 argus and changed things for Peacock players.

Now it's the same but damage is way down.
I totally forgot about triple Argus, woops.

Can we please revert Filia's anchor point to retail?

Also, I think Beo's arm super could use a bit more invuln.

Why would you want to revert that? Most everything works the same as her and stuff that would sometimes not work against her hurtbox is now more reliable.

I think Beo's arm super could use a bit more invuln.
dude how much more invuln do you want? He's got like a ton of it. I can punch right tru exploding Lennys with ease.

playing the new update now and the Arena is now my new usual practice stage. the music is amazing. i wonder what the empty arena music will sound like.

and for my usual silly character suggestion: i know that PW's install will never have an on-screen meter as part of the UI, but could it have the graphic effect change speed based on how much time was left? like how in certain arcade Beat 'em Ups (like Konami TMNT and X-Men) where the bosses would blink more and more frequently based on health?

Welcome back old friend

playing the new update now and the Arena is now my new usual practice stage. the music is amazing. i wonder what the empty arena music will sound like.

and for my usual silly character suggestion: i know that PW's install will never have an on-screen meter as part of the UI, but could it have the graphic effect change speed based on how much time was left? like how in certain arcade Beat 'em Ups (like Konami TMNT and X-Men) where the bosses would blink more and more frequently based on health?

How about having the color flash faster when she has more install left, or start out relatively bright and reduce in opacity as the meter runs out?

Why would you want to revert that? Most everything works the same as her and stuff that would sometimes not work against her hurtbox is now more reliable.
The only difference I can think of off the top of my head is some bella stuff that doesn't work now, what wasn't working before?

Can we please revert Filia's anchor point to retail?
No, for a whole bunch of reasons. But what isn't working that prompted you to ask, Old Man Worldjem?

graphic effect change speed based on how much time was left? like how in certain arcade Beat 'em Ups (like Konami TMNT and X-Men) where the bosses would blink more and more frequently based on health?
That's pretty doable, actually, I'll try it.

I'm still getting about the same damage at max scaling with argus as the old shorter beta argus so I'm fine with this.
Yeah, at max scaling it's like 35 more than the shorter version if all the shots hit. But it's still around 650 less than retail per Argus.

Penguin pin using all three Crowd Hype charges out of Alpha Maul seems a bit too much when just doing Alpha Maul>Bulldog>Grendel Killer does more damage for less Hype. Am I missing something like it scaling better or something? Is there any way we could try reducing the Penguin's Hype cost?
He ain't done yet, dun worry.

No, for a whole bunch of reasons. But what isn't working that prompted you to ask, Old Man Worldjem?

Her new anchor point disallows her from doing moves super low to the ground, noteably j.MP and j.HK but it affects all her air moves. Now you're more likely to just stop and land if you do j.HK late instead of getting j.HK like you wanted as per retail. It also makes it impossible to get moves out if you do IAD j.LK > not-j.HK. The fact that she could do moves so low to the ground is part of what made her fun.

Naturally, this also affects combos that need her to be able to do this.

Video example