• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

isn't it already something like 4+ frames for everything except s.mp?

Reactions: gllt
Still thought it couldn't hurt to ask. The sMP link is why I'm asking, yes.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Eliza got a buffer for LK spiral which wasn't even needed so, *shrug*

isn't it already something like 4+ frames for everything except s.mp?
In the corner it's 4f for LP and 3f for LK unless you're against Cerebella or Peacock, in which case you have 1 and 2 extra frames to do it, respectivelly. That leaves you with 1f, 2f or 3f to do MP in the corner. Midscreen you have at least 3f to link MP, making things pretty inconsistent.

Wait, s.mp is as fast as s.lk?

Wait, s.mp is as fast as s.lk?

No, tearshot hitstun is different when used midscreen so the midscreen links are different/easier than corner ones.

No, tearshot hitstun is different when used midscreen so the midscreen links are different/easier than corner ones.
I'm pretty sure it's just that the shots have to travel a bit further midscreen what gives you more frames

Reactions: Yomabuddy
I'm pretty sure it's just that the shots have to travel a bit further midscreen what gives you more frames
Actually, you can only fire another Napalm Shot after the one active on the screen hits something. Even if you're frame perfect on charge move links, you have to wait the projectile to hit. Try to link multiple L Shots fullscreen and see what happens :p

Actually, you can only fire another Napalm Shot after the one active on the screen hits something. Even if you're frame perfect on charge move links, you have to wait the projectile to hit. Try to link multiple L Shots fullscreen and see what happens :p
I don't see how that's relevant

Reactions: dekillsage
tearshot hitstun is different when used midscreen so the midscreen links are different/easier than corner ones.
That's why.
EDIT: I didn't read the context. I'm an idiot, sorry for taking your attention. I thought you were talking about L shot > X shot links.

Last edited:
In any game the more a fireball has to travel to hit in a combo, the more your character's recovery is used thus allowing for easier, different combos. You can only link a Ryu's U2 from a max range fireball otherwise he won't have enough time due to recovery.

I'd like bigband to be able to punish a parried burst.

also can pummel horse be an assist now?

edit: @Mike_Z LOL hurting hurl as an assist doesnt add undizzy

Last edited:
I'd like bigband to be able to punish a parried burst.

That might be a bit busted with burst bait s.HP neutral jump forward parry in the corner, beating a large amount of burst timings.

Tearshot links entirely depend on how far away you are from the opponent
That makes them harder in the corner, and harder against wide characters (where the shot stops earlier)
Eg even midscreen, when point-blank against a standing Double, the sMP-Link is 1f.

I don't really feel like a buffer is necessary as one can use sLP/sLK instead
I also don't really feel like any of the other buffers was necessary, though
So I guess, .. uh, I don't care. Wouldn't mind getting one, would be okay if I didn't.

Wouldn't that only mean that you should learn when you're going to kill? I feel like it's more of a player problem.

I'm sure if you practice it more it won't be as annoying. (I'd hope)

Don't input the super then? You could just buffer it and confirm if you'll need it depending on your ender.

Wouldn't that only mean that you should learn when you're going to kill? I feel like it's more of a player problem.

I'm sure if you practice it more it won't be as annoying. (I'd hope)

I used to know when I was going to kill and then my damage output and health changed for the 5th time. l m a o and no it would still be annoying

Don't input the super then? You could just buffer it and confirm if you'll need it depending on your ender.

It happens because I buffered the super.

I mean that's the nature of the game right now. It changes a bunch I don't see why that would be an excuse to not try.

Something can't annoy you if you just learn to prevent it.

*shrug*

It happens because I buffered the super.
Sorry, meant buffer the motion, confirm if you'll need it, then do the input utilizing the leniency.
Either that or be cool with spending meter anyway since you want that kill.

I find "Sometimes I fuck up and misjudge my damage output, causing me to waste a meter" a TON less annoying than the retail alternative of
"Sometimes happy birthdaying an opponent gets you killed because death pause drops your inputs and then they block your cHP and punish you hard"

There are already countless other possibilities to "waste a bar" because you misjudged damage, none of those will (or can) get fixed, .. I dunno.
Yeah it's not nice, and I would prefer if it wasn't there, but if it's this or retail behaviour, I will always vote for this.
At some point the life/damage will stop changing; then it should be quite feasible to judge whether your last special is going to kill or not.

E: And yeah, for most specials it's probably doable to wait them out while buffering the Super motion, and then only hitting KK/PP if it didn't kill -
That's just something nobody is currently used to doing, as it wasn't ever necessary to try.

I think dropping happy birthdays was only a concern if you had to do a link, which usually doesn't start with anything punishable
If I ever needed to cancel into a super to continue comboing an assist after the point character died, that was pretty easy to do before anyway. The downsides of this change seem to be more prevalent than the benefits, from the comboists perspective at least

I disagree, death stun eating inputs made me miss out of happy birthday kills numerous times.

Getting what you input even though it wasn't necessary > not getting what you input and therefore getting punished/missing out on reward

Getting dynamo after a character died even though it wasn't necessary -> Incoming character jumping in and killing me is something I do not want to happen v-v

Reactions: Dime
@Mike_Z
sorry for the late response. here's my thoughts on H shadow

H shadow's faster start up i'm quite happy with after testing it on people. as a trade off of making the non otg combo a bit harder to do i don't mind one bit at all. its still noticeably telegraphed and isn't fast enough that you can use it like parasoul's b+hk or her f+lp or any of the other overheads as part of a mixup but rather as a conditioning tool. it also helps with making people chicken block and allowing Low/throw setups much more feasible

How about "Super within X frames after a character death causes the next char not to come in until the super is done and then some" (much like how it works when you kill with the first hit of a super)?

I like to test this in Beta.

Reactions: Kai
How about "Super within X frames after a character death causes the next char not to come in until the super is done and then some" (much like how it works when you kill with the first hit of a super)?
I like to test this in Beta.
I like the idea, but I almost feel like it could be exploited for weird, off-time incoming tricks.

I like the idea, but I almost feel like it could be exploited for weird, off-time incoming tricks.

Well, could be the case but i thinks worth it trying to testing, if because a "exploited weird off-time incoming tricks" just don´t put in the retail.

Totally love the SGE EB for test these kind off sugettions that could turn to something good for the game.

You guys could also just super earlier if you were planning to anyway. (Yay for more undizzy vs. incoming!) Or you could use strings that allow one more (burst-triggering, possibly) hit if the one you thought would kill, didn't. (Save otg or end with launcher-> heavy)
I seriously dislike the way deathpause protects you from bad decisions in retail and I'm very happy with the way it works in beta.

Buffer on L Shot (and other specials you're supposed to link after {vial toss? pummel horse? l george? [wasn't that the plan anyway, i feel i remember something]) would be cool!

Might as well add buffers for most of the linkable things in Skullgirls, I suppose; The only downside is making those kind of routes more viable (at the expense of making the opponent wait longer during combos, and as a plus side of that, you getting more meter out of it if you don't die)

Are there any other characters that would benefit from a buffer?

I also don't think it needs to be changed. Happy birthdays drop a lot less for me, and I haven't noticed any increase in mistaken after-death supers.

I dont see why we cnat just do the obvious thing here. If hitting one character, then the game performs like retail and locks out your move on death to keep errant supers from happening (i really like this feature, and have ALWAYS been a huge fan of this feature) whereas if hitting 2 characters simultaneously, then the game doesnt lock out your inputs.

Best of both worlds quality of life change, everyones happy, less wasted supers on a characters death, and less missed opportunities on happy birthdays.

Why isnt Dynamo hitting the deadbody in dekillsage example? If it hits, the next character shouldnt fall in? At least til the dhc window ends.

Reactions: Apex
Depends. Sometimes it starts hitting the body and then they fall out and the next character hops in to land a super cool punish. This happens sometimes outside the beta too.

so what happened ar salty last night was it a stream ?