• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

The problem is that hes throwing away one of his most respurceful tools and its hard for him to get it back. Why punish him for limiting himself?

Isn't that the point of the armor on his grendal moves, and why his j.hp is a hitgrab? Your opponent has to respect the armor on cr.hp if they attempt a jump-in, the armor on cr.hk if they attempt a ground normal, you can probably use j.lp j.mp j.hp as a good air to air that will end in hard knockdown giving you time to move toward the chair/pressure the opponent.

A lot of characters don't need to respect cr.hp at all because they break the armor on it with multihit moves. Same goes for cr.hk, and if he uses it anywhere near his opponent its a free counter hit punish. No you can not use j.lp are a good air to air, go to training mode and look at the damn move lmao.

Isn't that the point of the armor on his grendal moves, and why his j.hp is a hitgrab? Your opponent has to respect the armor on cr.hp if they attempt a jump-in, the armor on cr.hk if they attempt a ground normal, you can probably use j.lp j.mp j.hp as a good air to air that will end in hard knockdown giving you time to move toward the chair/pressure the opponent.
Look at those startup frames though lol

So you're telling me every player is 100% of the time jumping in with multihits (which they are not)? Are you telling me that I'm saying spam cr.hk against your opponent (Which I am not)? You either react to their jump in, or you block, just like every other character.

Also j.lp chains into j.hp (chairless), and work perfectly fine as an air to air.

Look at those startup frames though lol
25 frames, only 3 frames slower than Para's back hk, and you know how many people have problems reacting to that. So a reaction to a non mulithit normal will end in a confirm if you do it correctly, so just practice doing it. You do have to read your opponent sometimes.

I don't necessarily care about his dp being so plus, just that you think beo has no options during chairless which is silly

So your telling me every player is 100% of the time jumping in with multihits (which they are not)? Are you telling me that I'm saying spam cr.hk against your opponent (Which I am not)? You either react to their jump in, or you block, just like every other character.

Also j.lp chains into j.hp (chairless), and work perfectly fine as an air to air.

25 frames, only 3 frames slower than Para's back hk, and you know how many people have problems reacting to that. So a reaction to a non mulithit normal will end in a confirm if you do it correctly, so just practice doing it. You do have to read your opponent sometimes.

I don't necessarily care about his dp being so plus, just that you think beo has no options during chairless which is silly
No i mever said he had no options. Hes just limiting himself when he does that and EDIT decreased defense. And idk i mean I can react in like 16-19 frames ish so idk xD

No it does NOT work perfectly fine as an air to air. You can't reach half the god damn cast with that freaking move get that shit out of here. This is literally the first thing I tried to do as beowulf and found that the majority of the time my opponent will beat me for FREE if I attempt to beat them air to air.

Both armor'd normals are so slow that you can't use them on reaction most of the time. You either lose to whatever your opponent was doing before the hitbox comes out on cr.hp or you get safe jumped vs cr.hk. Stop overrating this stupid character.

Since assist commands will no longer execute part of a multi-hit normal, is there any way to land Val's
(corner) cHP jHP adc jMP(3) sHKx2 + Bomber?

I cannot for the life of me get this to work the way it did before the change with two sHKx2 + assist input, be it manual or macro.

Yes, it's still possible. You just gotta input your assist between the two HKs. That's easier obv. if you use the assist command that doesn't overlap with HK. Your link afterwards will be tighter though, but you can still link 2LP after lvl1 vial load.

Anybody else notice that doing assist or tag inputs as a solo character prevents any normals from coming out? That seems kind of weird.

Also if Fortune's head-roll was nerfed to be -2 on block there's no reason why H Chair Toss shouldn't be at least in the same ballpark, since they are both strike-invul reversals that cause a 'stance' change. It doesn't need to be punishable necessarily but +12 is way too much.

I mean people still complain about Diamonds Are Forever being +11 on block and that thing costs 3 bars.

Yes, it's still possible. You just gotta input your assist between the two HKs. That's easier obv. if you use the assist command that doesn't overlap with HK. Your link afterwards will be tighter though, but you can still link 2LP after lvl1 vial load.

I can get it consistently after a few hours of practice, but there's something that still feels really stiff/wrong about the inputs. It's as if calling the assist "eats" the subsequent HK command that should be used for the second HK in sHKx2.

Pretty sure you can still kara/plink the assist command and get the normal+assist out.

HK~MP

Unless you wanted assist 1, then, you'd have to hit it manually or use a macro.

Pretty sure you can still kara/plink the assist command and get the normal+assist out.

HK~MP

Unless you wanted assist 1, then, you'd have to hit it manually or use a macro.

Nope.

That still works with single hit moves though.

Nope.

Weird. I don't know why it shouldn't work like that.

I mean people still complain about Diamonds Are Forever being +11 on block and that thing costs 3 bars.

You block the first hit, pushblock, mash jab
now it being +11 doesn't matter!

Regarding the recent beta change that makes it so that ensemble commands no longer trigger a second attack for a normal move that chains into itself (like Valentine's s.HK), could someone please test for me in the beta if inputting the subsequent hit of a chained normal along with a command for an assist that does not involve the use of that same button used for the chained normal will allow the player to call an assist and have that normal come out at the same time? For example, inputting s.HK followed by HK+(MK+LP) with Valentine to see if you can receive the effect of having the second hit and the assist come out together. I don't have access to the beta so I can't see if this works for myself.

Nope. Doesn't work. The assist comes and the attack doesn't.

Nope. Doesn't work. The assist comes and the attack doesn't.

I see, thank you very much!

@Mike_Z ,

Would it be possible for you to allow it so that if a player chooses to input the command for a subsequential hit along with a command for an assist that doesn't involve using the same input involved in the subsequential, that player will receive both the normal attack along with an assist call? For example, if a player inputs s.HK into HK+LP with Valentine, they won't receive both an assist and chained normal; however if the player inputs s.HK into HK+HP+LK - where HP+LK is a command for an assist - then that player will receive both the chained normal and the assist at the same time. I understand that this would involve the player pressing 3 buttons to do this, which no one likes, but it would help players choose which option they would like similar to how a half-circle is currently used in the game to help players choose between a DP motion or a fireball motion for overlapping button commands.

Also, I made a follow-up to one of my suggestions last week that you once looked at a while back regarding disabling the left analog stick for PS3/Xbox. I'm not sure if you saw it, but it can be found here if you haven't seen it.

You block the first hit, pushblock, mash jab
now it being +11 doesn't matter!

I'm not sure what you're saying? If you Pushblock HP Chair Toss, Beo is still +7.

Anybody else notice that doing assist or tag inputs as a solo character prevents any normals from coming out? That seems kind of weird.

Also if Fortune's head-roll was nerfed to be -2 on block there's no reason why H Chair Toss shouldn't be at least in the same ballpark, since they are both strike-invul reversals that cause a 'stance' change. It doesn't need to be punishable necessarily but +12 is way too much.

What's the command that lets Beowulf's chair come back to him from anywhere on the screen?

mp+mk or hp+hk
I know you're trying to be snarky, but "tag out and then tag back in" is such a false comparison that it only makes you look like an idiot. There are so many things bankrupt with that logic that I don't even know where to fucking start. Next you'll be complaining that he can get the chair back at all.

you know what man you're right it was really not cool of me to say that.

What I meant to say was you can do a successful airwulf into a well timed grab ender into the chair for extra damage, a returned chair, and possibly hype in the future for damage as well!

And if it whiffs or is blocked most people have a hard time punishing without spending meter themselves, win win!

Mike, Dynamo is blockable! My opponent doesn't even need to JUMP to avoid it, they can just block the super! What's the point of having a super if the opponent can just block it? Where is the utility? Buff Cerebella.
I know you're trying to be snarky, but "tag out and then tag back in" is such a false comparison that it only makes you look like an idiot. There are so many things bankrupt with that logic that I don't even know where to fucking start. Next you'll be complaining that he can get the chair back at all.

Amazing example you set here.

If HP chair toss caused stagger instead of flinging the opponent, along with the chair, across the stage, than maybe I would agree more to having it be -2 like head-roll.

Oh man I still have to read like 10 pages of this but here's this page...

H chair toss is not staying +12.

Doing Airwulf after a chair toss does not always get you back the chair. :^P

Airwulf is punishable on reaction by everyone except Peacock/Painwheel (soon to be just Painwheel, heh).

Both armor'd normals are so slow that you can't use them on reaction most of the time. You either lose to whatever your opponent was doing before the hitbox comes out on cr.hp or you get safe jumped vs cr.hk. Stop overrating this stupid character.
I'd have thought that by now you'd know what armor was for in cases like that. (^.^) If you think they're going to do something, you stick out c.HP. If they touch it, you super for a 4K counterhit+followup, and you keep the threat of that the entire time the move is out, even blocked. It's why doing s.Fierce with Juggernaut is mostly a safe thing to do, regardless of the fact that it stays out for like 60 frames.

re: HK~MP giving you a 2nd HK and an assist call
Nope.
That ONE HUNDRED PERCENT works with multihit normals, and I just checked this exact example to make sure. s.HK-HK-HK~MP (M Bomber), poison load, c.LP totally works and is ridiculously easy. Don't be spreading misinformation. This is one of the reasons I was okay fixing the multihit normal thing in the first place.
(Remember different levels of poison have different recoveries on load.)

Would it be possible for you to allow it so that if a player chooses to input the command for a subsequential hit along with a command for an assist that doesn't involve using the same input involved in the subsequential, that player will receive both the normal attack along with an assist call?
No, although that is a mostly reasonable suggestion. Considering you can still kara/plink/whatever term the buttons and get both, I see no reason to change it.

Reactions: YussaTampon
Mike, Dynamo is blockable! My opponent doesn't even need to JUMP to avoid it, they can just block the super! What's the point of having a super if the opponent can just block it? Where is the utility? Buff Cerebella.

Amazing example you set here.
Yeah, you were complaining that Val's level 3 had "no use" whatsoever only because it wasn't mashable as a reversal. "This wrench is really shitty at driving nails into boards!"

Fortune can get her head back by holding a move for just under a second. The "equivalent" to this suggested was that Beowulf and a teammate both sacrifice all their red health and do a massively unsafe move followed by a second move that puts Beowulf right next to the opponent. It's such a bad comparison that I immediately assumed it was a troll.

That ONE HUNDRED PERCENT works with multihit normals, and I just checked this exact example to make sure. s.HK-HK-HK~MP (M Bomber), poison load, c.LP totally works and is ridiculously easy. Don't be spreading misinformation. This is one of the reasons I was okay fixing the multihit normal thing in the first place.
(Remember different levels of poison have different recoveries on load.)

If you hold HK on the second HK press while pressing the A2 (HK+MP) the HK input on the A2 macro press is dropped and the assist doesn't come out. It seemed fine on single hits since I was using sHP,A2 to test.

I can get it to work okay if I clean up and release HK, it's just a pain on DS4's trigger and the getting bomber active before hitstun on the second sHK ends is a little harder.

Yeah, you were complaining that Val's level 3 had "no use" whatsoever only because it wasn't mashable as a reversal. "This wrench is really shitty at driving nails into boards!"

Fortune can get her head back by holding a move for just under a second. The "equivalent" to this suggested was that Beowulf and a teammate both sacrifice all their red health and do a massively unsafe move followed by a second move that puts Beowulf right next to the opponent. It's such a bad comparison that I immediately assumed it was a troll.
....and you can't read. Oh Joy

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
If you hold HK on the second HK press while pressing the A2 (HK+MP) the HK input on the A2 macro press is dropped and the assist doesn't come out. It seemed fine on single hits since I was using sHP,A2 to test.

I can get it to work okay if I clean up and release HK, it's just a pain on DS4's trigger and the getting bomber active before hitstun on the second sHK ends is a little harder.

Yes, that happens cause you obviously can't press a button you're already pressing. Use the assist macro that doesn't overlap with HK (MK+HP) or learn to plink MP HK.

Last edited:
New Things!
- New version of NMO Arena music! Still not final.
- Added Robo Fortune's stage, WIP version. No name or picture yet, but at least the 2D version isn't Class Notes this time. :^)
- Added the first alternate voice pack: Real Soviet Announcer.
To select it, go to Main Menu -> Options -> Voice Settings. He's a little quiet right now, he just woke up or something.

General
- Redid the superflash-active-sprite handling to fix two bugs during simultaneous superflashes: the camera would focus on the wrong character, and projectiles created would act weirdly. Possibly caused new bugs in the process. :^) If you notice new bugs with super flashes please tell me!
- Ground tech quip responses do not happen when the character responding is supering or dead. Thanks boboflesserdoom and E. Dee!
- Ms. Fortune's ground tech responses now come from her head if she's headless, not her body. Thanks me! ;^)
- Removed NPCless variation of New Meridian from regular occurrence.
- Attack buttons now have associated colors to help differentiate them, and added special symbols for combinations like PP/KK/LP+LK/etc. Updated Command Lists, training mode input display, button config, tutorials, and custom assist screen. Thanks Brady and render!

Beowulf
- Proper palette order up to 22.
- Tutorial fixes.
- Fixed AI not doing anything on Sleepwalk.
- Airwulf recovery +3f, post-flash hitstop -1f vs grounded opponents, which makes punishes easier but means you CAN jump into it after the superflash if you aren't careful.
Big Band
- Fix really weird training mode bug. Thanks Huffy!
Eliza
- "What's wrong, too spooky?" VO is now a bit less likely than "Osiris Spiral!".
Painwheel
- H Pinion is now default assist. Final.
RoboFortune
- Add temp loading screen. Yay?
- More clean frames!
- New effects for super laser!
- Added super KO'd portrait.
- Updated intro animation.
- More real hitboxes.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/195117941582199171

Reactions: old_gus
Luweewu said that the patch notes said:
Beowulf
- Proper palette order up to 22.
That's not all that changed with his palettes...

So no more Batman Palette? ;_; or is it now pseudo batman with #7?
Beo #8 is really cool

Awwww now I have to chose a custom assist again =(

Was loving that I could get through the char select so fast without having a team saved.

M Pinon best pinon.

This seems to be the place to suggest new things for the game, so: What about a 'Back' or 'Undo' button in the character select process? I don't know how many times I've accidentally mis-inputted and had to do the whole thing again, which gets especially annoying if you're trying to pick a team of training mode opponents that lets you test your combo on all weight classes (ie. when you screw up at the end), or if you mis-input your custom assist and have to start the match to go back to the menu to go into the mode again so you can re-select your team. In these situations I think an undo function would be helpful and save general frustration.

If there is already a button that does this then please tell me what it is and I will shut up and get back to the creative boards, I promise.