• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

The biggest change I've noticed is being able to airgrab people more often now that they can't double jump away + call assist.

The tear isn't setting off the burst its just near by and one of my normals sets off the burst. Parasoul doesn't get hit by the burst hitbox but the exploded tear does get hit by the burst. When that happens The blue burst doesn't happen.
They are not hitting the tear.
It isn't which hit triggers IPS, it's which hit they burst from.
If you hit them with (say) s.MP+tear explosion, it depends WHEN they burst because one of the hits is a projectile and one is not.

Try this combo, vs Filia, midstage:
s.LP->MK->HP xx L shot, s.LP->MK->HP xx L Shot, s.LPx2 -> s.MP.
If you set them to burst on the first or second hit, they will burst the s.LP's and hit you. So it is gold because they touched something.
If you set them to burst on the THIRD hit, they will burst the s.MP hit BEFORE they are hit with the tear, and not hit you. Since it was a physical hit that they bursted, it will be a blue burst. Your s.MP still sets off the tear, but they burst before the explosion hits them.
If you set them to burst on the FOURTH hit, they will burst after the tear explosion hits them. That's a projectile, so it will be a GOLD burst even though it doesn't hit you because they bursted from a projectile hit.
If your opponent is reacting instead of mashing, or mashing slowly, they will probably burst the tear explosion since it happens very quickly after the normal hit. I hope that clears it up.

How????
In what ways do you notice it, and in what ways do you like it?

I personally like it because of the height limit since djs can reach sj height. That's about all.
I never really did it before, so I don't notice the change, AND I don't think the tactic was all that great beforehand which is why I never really did it. You aren't protecting the assist so you are risking it getting hit, or chicken-blocked and then they come down on both of you, or counter-called and then you lose everything and the initiative...

@Mike_Z

I never ask for too many absurd requests and I hope this one is okay with you and no one uses it so its for my gimmick stuff only, but first, why doesn't this work? Second, can you make this a legit burst bait because its not following the rules (well, I don't see a projectile hitting or my body getting hit since I'm invincible)

I never ask for too many absurd requests
I'm gonna give you a big hug, Dan.

first, why doesn't this work? Second, can you make this a legit burst bait because its not following the rules (well, I don't see a projectile hitting or my body getting hit since I'm invincible)
It only doesn't work because more than 90f go by after they are first "put in an infinite". 90f from the first time IPS (or undizzy) is triggered, all bursts become safe.
There was a Peacock infinite in the corner, that I now can't find, that consisted of entirely burst-safe physical attacks, so no matter when you bursted she could put you back into it, and if you didn't burst she could do it forever. This addition fixes that and any other similar combos, so I can't remove it or special-case it.
Her Lv3 is longer than 90f...sorry Dan.

You can check that because if you set them to burst on the second hit, and do a Cerebella combo with a MP then go into s.MP stagger that triggers IPS, and do a ground throw, they will blue burst after the throw. But if you do Diamond Drop they will gold burst since the throw animation is longer.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
the peacock infinite was just s.MK > j.MP > adc > j.LP > j.MP > repeat

I personally like it because of the height limit since djs can reach sj height. That's about all.
I never really did it before, so I don't notice the change, AND I don't think the tactic was all that great beforehand which is why I never really did it. You aren't protecting the assist so you are risking it getting hit, or chicken-blocked and then they come down on both of you, or counter-called and then you lose everything and the initiative...

I like that outside of a few things I can still use double jump + assist the same way I used too if I call my assist before I jump a 2nd time. I like that my opponent can't double jump over me and call their assist and press a button or do a special to cross me up or put me in blockstun for a mix up. When you play Fukua you do this all the time. You do it all the time if you play Valentine, Squigly, Double, and Peacock as well. And its not like you didn't have options to beat it, but it was pretty darn safe if you were aware of what your opponent was doing before you decided to call your assist on the way down. Now you can still do jump call assist double jump into an attack, but what I personally found annoying was that a player could double jump to a super jump height and then call their assist at any point they chose. Or jump, fall a bit then jump again while having the ability to call an assist at any point.

That's more or less why I like it. Adds another level of having to make better decisions in matches for double jump characters I guess? I never really thought the idea of double jump away call assist was really good. But I did feel that double jump and call an assist to start your offense was very good.

Reactions: Tomo009
@Mike_Z ah ok thanks. that's what the problem was.

@ the 90f safe burst thing.
do we need an indicator for that now? I guess green burst would work right?

@ the 90f safe burst thing.
do we need an indicator for that now? I guess green burst would work right?
It wouldn't really work for green bursts since green burst baits exist too. But some sort of indication would be nice. There's times where your opponent keeps hitting you with stuff and you're like "man has it been 90f yet?" You really don't wanna burst on the 89th frame.

"alluded", eluded means "avoided".
Great Teacher Mike Zaimont.

As far as train stage stuff goes I'd rather err on the side of caution for motion sickness stuff and be okay with it not being on random like Gehenna.

Let's have some vomit-inducing FT50s at CB.

Wait am i understanding his right? If I just take the hits for 90f, anytime I burst after is safe? hmm That's good to know. I never burst anyways but now I might

Wait am i understanding his right? If I just take the hits for 90f, anytime I burst after is safe? hmm That's good to know. I never burst anyways but now I might

Yeah, that's correct.

Wait, I thought the bike's hit box went to the ground?

WE HAVE A THREAD FOR THIS!

sKIVM62.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(Headless is cool)

Reactions: Wenzel
Cuz she's a weeb that doesn't know the dance of love.

Reactions: ArgonBern
I thought the hitsparks turned blue after 90f.

Nothing turns any different color after 90f, except your burst is gold, and no there will not be an indicator for when it happens.
(It also isn't always 90f MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, it's "after a while" specifically to prevent very long strings of burst-safe things.)

MEANWHILE.
That's a ground throw, the only thing that matters is horizontal range. It could be ten miles tall and it would make no difference, you're either on the ground or you're not.

To the actual question:
Bike is a hitgrab so vertical range also matters, and @MMDS yes I can and will extend it down. SO THERE.

This explains why this burst is golden.
If it weren't, you could punish it with a c.hp for a heavy counter hit combo, and I agree with not letting the enemy burst.

We know the Infinity Breaker tutorial is broken in the Beta, it will be fixed.

Please check for bugs!
All scripts have now been converted from "if Beta do ___, if real game do ___" to "do ___". I may have screwed up in this process because it took forever, so if you notice new bugs with the changes tell me. :^) You've got about a week.

Today's Patch Notes BGM™ is an amazing song from an absolutely amazing soundtrack for an absolutely amazing game that I had no idea existed before two days ago. I give you...Pac Steps, from Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+:

The game is even part of the PSN flash sale that ends Monday, along with other games everyone should own like Wild ARMs, and Soviet Strike, and Star Wars Battlefront II because I worked on that game...oh wait it's the PSP version of Battlefront II, nevermind that. :^P

General
- Soviet announcer is now louder. What? IS LOUDER!
- Recovering from a safe burst now counts as an "As Reversal" dummy recording playback time. Thanks Fedora_Ninja.
- Getting counterhit out of throw startup properly subtracts undizzy! Thanks Yomabuddy.
- Being put into crumple state now zeroes your remaining hitstun, so it doesn't continue past wakeup after being hit in the air with new Silent Scope. Thanks Beamsprouts!
- Updated Final Atrium, Empty Cathedral, and Medici Tower in various ways, including dynamic lighting. Willy, you are the sickest!

Beowulf
- AT LONG LAST, SOME VOICE CLIPS AND SOUND EFFECTS!
- The chair is now drawn behind him when he's dead, and darkened.
- Killa and Wulfdog landing on the chair (outside of a super!) gives 1 level of hype.
- Canis Major Press landing on the chair (outside of a super!) gives 1/3 level of hype.
- HP Hurting Hurl +12f on block -> +1f.
- Wulf Blitzer gives no meter on whiff when moving away from the enemy or downward.
- Wulf Blitzer travels slightly slower when moving away from the enemy.
- Low Wulf Blitzer DF/D/DB is now +0 on block instead of +3.
- Into the Trash now properly gives Beowulf health as a solo / removes solo health vs solos.
- Into the Trash adds hits at the spots it should.
- Allow staying seated after a successful snapback by holding Punch.
- Added "secret" winpose of "do a snapback after the round ends".
- Airwulf->Killa DHC to Big Band's SSJ now works on Double.
- Wulf Shoot startup -5f.
- s.HP extended hitbox on arms removed from the smear frame immediately before it hits.
- Chairless c.HK recovery when you don't ground tech is now vulnerable instead of being invincible. So tech! :^)
Double
- Nightmare Legion speed finalized.
Parasoul
- Extended hitbox of Egret Charge downward a small bit to help it connect in some more situations.
Peacock
- Taunting while holding an item drop WILL NOT convert that item drop to a Tenrai-ha if it is released at Lv3. The item must be summoned after the taunt.
RoboFortune
- New effects!
Squigly
- Inferno of Leviathan opponent tracking vs standing/crouching opponents improved
Valentine
- Getting hit out of the counter pose at ANY point now correctly costs meter. Thanks Poccola!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/208629194173012960

been trying to learn beo now that he's almost done. he's pretty fun.

i hope they can add a frame or two for beo to blink his eyes when sitting down in his chair after snapback (hold down button version) and holding down LP for listening to the crowd. him having that infinite stare is kinda creepy.

Can we get a cumulative list of all changes that are still true/a summation of all changes that have happened between retail and current beta to help people find bugs?

Can we get a cumulative list of all changes that are still true/a summation of all changes that have happened between retail and current beta to help people find bugs?

this

yup. no reason to be.

Seconding the Wild ARMs recommendation. Easily one of the best jRPG I have ever played with a super dope song to start it out. Good looking out, Mike. I'm buying them today.

On topic, Beo's voice is sounding great.

downward wulf blitzer isn't block strings...?
c.LK->c.MK->s.HK -> Wulf Blitzer -> [NO] 3+K
far Wulf Blitzer -> [YES] 3+K
vs standing Fortune/Valentine/etc, far c.MK -> Wulf Blitzer -> [YES] 3+K
vs anyone, blockstring -> assist -> far Wulf Blitzer -> [YES] 3+K

Wulf Blitzer -> 3+K only has a 2f gap anyway.

@Mike_Z

Is it intended that the second wulf cannon is +0 on block but the third is still +6?

I can see the rationale behind the third being more positive due to PB/PBGC but just wondering if that might have just been missed.

@Mike_Z

Is it intended that the second wulf cannon is +0 on block but the third is still +6?

I can see the rationale behind the third being more positive due to PB/PBGC but just wondering if that might have just been missed.
OH I'm a dumb yeah lemme fix that too.

yup. no reason to be.
c.LK->c.MK->s.HK -> Wulf Blitzer -> [NO] 3+K
far Wulf Blitzer -> [YES] 3+K
vs standing Fortune/Valentine/etc, far c.MK -> Wulf Blitzer -> [YES] 3+K
vs anyone, blockstring -> assist -> far Wulf Blitzer -> [YES] 3+K

Wulf Blitzer -> 3+K only has a 2f gap anyway.

thank you.
i will practice beo techs more.

Reactions: gllt
Anybody else think that Beowulf's damage-grunts are a bit too loud?

Reactions: Beamsprouts
I didn't noticed any volume problem with Beowulf so far. If anything, some of his intro quote could be a little louder because the music made it hard to hear(i don't remember which), but it's probably on par with the other character voices in reality.

I do feel like his sounds get obnoxious really quickly, especially when he has so many lines for all his normals. There's just too many. Don't get me wrong, I really LIKE that he has tons of lines and that there's a lot of humor in them, but it's a lot to have to listen to at the volume they're at, it gets annoying fast. If they could be a little quieter, I think people would be appreciative.

Same with the Wulf Blitzer "aroooooo"s. Dear god lol

I know at least @Dreamepitaph agrees with me

Also, thanks for the Wulf Blitzer nerf plans. Felt weird that he could be so plus on block, even if it's susceptible to PBGC and isn't much of a blockstring.

I don't think he has much more lines than everyone else, if at all. Don't think he sounds too loud either, some lines sounds like he is whispering them but I think thats intentional?

Wulf Blitzer doesn't bother me because Talbain in Darkstalkers is x10 worse and the Beowulf howls are actually done pretty damn well.