• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls to feature at Anime Expo 2015 + Exciting Reveal!

Okay I'm very paranoid about this so I'd appreciate if someone from L0 could answer this.

Does this announcement have anything to do with a non-disclosure agreement or the like that could potentially screw everything? I know it sounds like I'm implying that you guys are stupid (I'm not) and the question might seem stupid but it never hurts to be sure (at least for me).

Yeah I'm that paranoid. Not sure if I should @ someone

You have no need to worry. It's nothing like that.

ALSO @ EVERYONE : We wouldn't try to build up hype to announce bad news. Who even does that???

You have no need to worry. It's nothing like that.

ALSO @ EVERYONE : We wouldn't try to build up hype to announce bad news. Who even does that???
Lol, yeah I was wondering that too. Who thinks "exciting news" is going to end up bad?

Last edited:
What if it isn't good or bad news
Just neutral news

"We have gathered you here today to let you know that we have gathered you here today."

Or maybe

"Eliza j.MK in decline as Beowulf j.HP is on the rise. Fortune j.LK > Gato L under investigation. More details at round start."

The reveal is just a video of Mike's butt for 10 minutes.

Reactions: Fumako and Magma442
What if it isn't good or bad news
Just neutral news

"We have gathered you here today to let you know that we have gathered you here today."
18b79f39511f6ae7a40a414de74c5d7d146d9f21e5e36ac7c5e8117b17c6decf.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Everyone knows you can see mikes booty from the front.

Lab Zero works on new side-scrolling beat'em up based on Alex Ahad's OC...
fallout_full_body_pic_by_oh8-d6200fl.jpg
Still wondering if anyone would be hyped for this idea, I mean, wouldn't it be probable for L0 do?

Still wondering if anyone would be hyped for this idea, I mean, wouldn't it be probable for L0 do?

yeah i would i guess, any particular reason you feel it should be a side scroller? Perhaps it intended to continue as a comic at some point in the future.

Judging by Alex's tumblr, he has more settings than just Skullgirls and Fallout Vulcan Heel and some oc's for something potentially called Bride of En/Bikini Armor and Night's Knight also look like they could fit a new L0 game as much as a comic.

OH
OH
I KNOW WHAT IT IS

tumblr_nm3cspRMKA1r94yi6o1_1280.jpg

.....okay I admit it

We should have voted for

MONSTER SAMSON

Reactions: The Dave
OH
OH
I KNOW WHAT IT IS

tumblr_nm3cspRMKA1r94yi6o1_1280.jpg

Oh, very cool! Um, what's the face thing on the far right, between the Egrets and Leviathan, just to the right of Vice Versa? Thanks!

thats probably Ms. Fortune because you see scars and her bell thing is a face

also where is that pic even from?

Judging by Alex's tumblr, he has more settings than just Skullgirls and Fallout Vulcan Heel and some oc's for something potentially called Bride of En/Bikini Armor and Night's Knight also look like they could fit a new L0 game as much as a comic.

With how dope shantae looks I'd love a labzero platformer.

Reactions: The Dave
At the beginning of the panel stripper music cues in. Mike Z walks on stage like a model on the catwalk. After a few flowery hand motions and hyping up the crowd he points at a nearby Monitor that flashes in big red letters:
"NOT THIS TIME DDB!"

thats probably Ms. Fortune because you see scars and her bell thing is a face

also where is that pic even from?

The interesting part about the picture is what alpha said on it.

"Sorry Alex, I'm leaking this."

He also deleted the post shortly after.

So I'm guessing either L0 has a new project to announce. That or the stars aligned, some mysterious sponsor has stepped forth, and given them enough money to get the rest of the canon story-mode people in the game (at least).
I'd ask for Scythana or Adam but at this point I don't want to be greedy

Either way I'll be waiting for the video to get uploaded to Youtube. Is anyone going there that could do like last year and post pics or something while it's happening?

Time for some wild speculation! I predict Skullgirls vs Darkstalkers. Why? From Capcom's perspective, it's a safe bet. Lab Zero have proven they can get blood from a stone, producing high quality work for chump change (even if it wasn't their ideal), Mike has demonstrated that he's a hyper-competent and thoughtful FG designer and most importantly, if they reuse assets from Skullgirls that's roughly half the cast already done. It's that bit right there that made me think of this in the first place. Reusing assets is eminent in game development, especially from a publisher's POV. Capcom aren't strangers to outsourcing their IPs, Strider and DmC for example.

I think I read somewhere that Peter hinted that we'd be "getting more Skullgirls, but not in the way you'd expect", or something like that (he said, she said, pinch of salt and all that) which kinda works in this scenario right? Can't verify that bit though.

That's probably not what's gonna happen, but dang it that's my fantasy okay!?

Augh it's gonna be a long couple of days ;_;

Last edited:
Its not a safe bet though. If capcom can barely sell their own game, why would they try and let someone else sell their game. I mean its a thing I would like too, but capcom wouldn't be into it. there are few things I would like more than classic fighters with more lenient everythings.

yeah i would i guess, any particular reason you feel it should be a side scroller? Perhaps it intended to continue as a comic at some point in the future.

Didn't know about Ahad's other, recent, works... A new L0 game doesn't have to a side-scroller, beat-em ups tend to be. That's one of the ways their games can be formatted in. I think of an L0 game to be made into a side-scroller with a similar design to SG, or if you want to funny, a social-simulator.

Its not a safe bet though. If capcom can barely sell their own game, why would they try and let someone else sell their game. I mean its a thing I would like too, but capcom wouldn't be into it. there are few things I would like more than classic fighters with more lenient everythings.

Lab Zero wouldn't be selling the game, Capcom would be employing them to develop it, much the same way they got Ninja Theory to make the DmC reboot. With their current financial state, Cap would want low investment projects and I feel like SGvDS would fit that bill (because of aforementioned reasons). I don't know if Capcom would be cool enough to actually want Darkstalkers back though, even if they could bank on it's name. It's just the little scenario I've constructed to tide me over until the reveal :D

• Even though probably most of them don't meet the age requirement, each Lab Zero member announces their bid for the 2016 Presidential race.
  • During the panel, all of the Lab Zero Games members simultaneously remove their sunglasses to reveal that they, all along, have been Double. They snicker in unison before melting in a violent splash back into one eldritch horror that begins to devour the crowd.

I would enjoy streaming that.

maybe is the story mode with voices preview. or they started working on umbrella.

i would actually be super excited if they started working in a different game.

Last edited by a moderator:
A $5.00 dlc pack that adds more memes into the game.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
A $5.00 dlc pack that adds more memes into the game.

Inkling would be able to do Eliza's previously canned blood mechanic to an extent
Plus memes

Yeah I'm for it

if it's not story mode/characters or a new game I hope it's a comic, preferably associated with Udon.

So is anyone gonna write up the announcement when it happens?

It'll be all over FB, Twitter, etc. as soon as I get home, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

And we've made arrangements to record the entire panel, so that will also be going up on YouTube and everywhere as soon as I get home, too.