• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls to feature at Anime Expo 2015 + Exciting Reveal!

I'm kinda glad it isn't more skullgirls stuff. Let skullgirls develop for a year or so with out having to worry about patches and "balance changes"
*cough cough nether realm uncough cough*

That's the essence of the term "metroidvania" is how its often used today. Hoping to see what they do with it :D

I think "metroidvania" has a lot of ideas/expectations around it now and its used so frequently these days that i think indivisible maybe could benefit from another different term.

I recall, a few months before bloodstained, there was a news story that Iga himself didn't even know of the term "metroidvania" until recently and he actually called his games "2D exploration" games.

Well, this is great. Best wishes to Lab 0 in their new journey.

Couple of things.

Considering the abundance of platform games from Indie studies, the game will have to be Superb to survive.

For the love of God, cut down the memes and modern references.

I guess turning the memes up to eleven only works for Splatoon or something

Oh New game, once I see some gameplay I may or may not be on my way. If anything the soundtrack is gonna be sick nasty.

I guess turning the memes up to eleven only works for Splatoon or something

Yes, but in Splatoon it the players who chooses the ORIGINAL content of the game to turn into memes OR it is them who shoves already stablished memes into the game. And that is fine.

The problem is when the devs who make use of already established memes to put in the game.

Amusing? Certainly! But it is not their own meme. It is not their own creation. It adds nothing to the work.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
i want to trust hiroki kukuta
koudelka's soundtrack was such an AMAZING work

Reactions: Shooon and 3 Eyes
*Raises from the depths of hades*

I HAVE RETURNED... and does anyone still remember me. lol

Its been ages since I've been here, but once I saw this Indivisible trailer I knew i had to return.

Right now, I really hope their kickstarter does not have a 10k tier... I don't think I can do that again :(

Oh my. It's been ages since I've seen you around here. Glad to see you back ^,^

It's easier to say "Metroidvania" than give a long description of mechanics, innit. Both SF4 and SG are "fighting games", but that doesn't make them very similar. I assure you, you ain't seen nothin' like this - Bloodstained is a Castlevania, SG was heavily modeled on MvC2/VSav/GG, but Indivisible isn't trying to be any other game.
okay i will look forward to further announcements mike

Yes, but in Splatoon it the players who chooses the ORIGINAL content of the game to turn into memes
Not defending anyone here, but last I checked there the popular Splatoon memes were literally just spamming the game's marketing.

Not defending anyone here, but last I checked there the popular Splatoon memes were literally just spamming the game's marketing.

Well, what is the nature of these memes? Are they original to the game or they are based in other franchises?

And, yeah, I have to admit that while the usage of already established memes and references in unimaginative and poor thinking, they do gather a lot of attention to the product (and thus money) mainly because we (the consumer market) are pretty stupid in consuming this trash.

So, I think the best would be:
cff.png

To use MEMES as baits to present new material.

Use a safe, lazy thought meme to present the market to new materials.

Memes as marketing and not:

d5c.jpg

As rewards in itself.

I'm curious as to how the IGG will be handled. I'm sure the team has learned a lot from their first crowdfunding attempt, so hopefully things will be a little more smooth this time.

Reactions: Wenzel
So... did anyone upload the video of the panel yet?
So, no video from the panel yet?
Ravidrath will upload the video when he gets home.

Reactions: Wenzel
I'm just glad we won't be voting for anything...

...Right?

Well... The voting has created massive amount of salt, trolling, hatred, death and the sensation that our individual opinions matters (vanity).

In other words.

Attention and Publicity.

So, prepare for...
15-demokracia-mukodeskeptelensege-viragvasarnap-es-passio-kapcsan.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 Eyes
The voting ended up benefitting the SG IGG especially with the whole "you only need to give $1 for a vote" even though I much rather let L0 put the characters they have originally envisioned/prefer. Doesn't hurt that the whole voting politics won't be a thing either which was just painful last time.

Most kickstarter campaign let backers vote for something because it let's you be a part of the production and there's nothing wrong that. Individuals just need to be adult enough to know how voting works

I thought backing a project by default already "lets you be a part of the production" especially since they usually put your name in the credits, a caricature of yourself, etc depending on how much money you contribute without the need of a vote.

I'm not a fan of the concept, but understand why L0 would decide to go with that again. It adds more topics to talk about like the Mighty #9 Call design vote or the recent Bloodstained vote.

I'm down for another vote I mean sure there was salt but a lot of people were happy about Beowulf.

Last edited:
Are they original to the game
They are, but it's still the ad campaign which isn't the players so much choosing the meme as they are acting like brainwashed zombies.

So is this game being funded from scratch through IGG or is this a publisher wants to know if there is interest so there is a minimum tier needed to show it like Bloodstained/Shenmue?

So is this game being funded from scratch through IGG or is this a publisher wants to know if there is interest so there is a minimum tier needed to show it like Bloodstained/Shenmue?
There is a publisher.

They are, but it's still the ad campaign which isn't the players so much choosing the meme as they are acting like brainwashed zombies.

So, you recognize the evil that memes possess.

The metroidvania terms is actually pretty easy to define. It's a generally a game set in a singular open world or a set of multiple small open worlds in which player starts out with relatively few abitilies and gains more over time or through progression. Said abilities then give them access to previously inaccessible areas and quicker or alternate routes through previous areas. That's the essence of the term "metroidvania" is how its often used today.

Sounds like Zelda... or like, any adventure game.

Looking forward to Indivisible.

I feel like I'm the only one who got weird flashes of Princess Mononoke going through my head after watching this trailer.
I was definitely getting these vibes as well, especially when looking at the main character's design.

I'm just glad we won't be voting for anything...

...Right?

It'll just be another thing for Annie to place second in.

While we will never get Annie, I'd be down for an Annie-inspired sword equipable :D

Can someone tell me what the announcement was? digging through 15 pages on a slow laptop with terrible gas station internet isn't easy..

Can someone tell me what the announcement was? digging through 15 pages on a slow laptop with terrible gas station internet isn't easy..
They are making a new game, with inspiration from super metroid and valkyrie profile, called Indivisible. There is a thread for the game already in the off topic part.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
They are making a new game, with inspiration from super metroid and valkyrie profile, called Indivisible. There is a thread for the game already in the off topic part.
Neat. Hate to sound lazy, but can you link it for me? ^_^

Also, the first post of the thread has been updated with important info. There will probably be a fresh news thread after this American holiday weekend.

[puts on Illuminati tin foil hat]

And to think, all those Chrono Trigger livestream playthroughs MikeZ did were actually clues that Lab Zero Games was about to make an Action RPG...

And to think, all those Chrono Trigger livestream playthroughs MikeZ did were actually clues that Lab Zero Games was about to make an Action RPG...
We only did CT once, though.