• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

South Park (+18)

Favorite of the 4?

• Stan

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Kyle

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Cartman

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Kenny

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
Actually I was talking about how the episode following that one had an 8 year old cripple raped in a men's restroom by a trans woman.
ahhh, my bad.

I've seen that joke hit or miss with people. I will say though that that ONE character in that ONE joke does not represent their views on transgender people. it was a one off joke, not a chunk. and even then, it does seem to pay homage to Nathan's bad memories of summer camp by bringing up the shark.

I can respect that you don't like it though. I'm not defending the rape part. don't get me wrong.

I can respect that you don't like it though. I'm not defending the rape part. don't get me wrong.
Yeah, I was never a fan of a rape joke that's just "rape is funny". It didn't really felt thought out is the weird thing. Like, it's a homage to another episode, yeah, but it doesn't go anywhere. He's just raped and everything goes on as normal, with nothing like that happening again. It didn't really contribute anything to the plot other than an example of failure, which was already shown.

Like wouldn't it have been funnier if he sued the woman for rape, and he finds out the police were giving the money to the summer camp? A joke that's not "rape if funny" but "rape victims are barely cared about"? Could be a little of "crippled people aren't cared about" but that joke was made at the end of the episode. I don't know, throw Wendyl in there, maybe add a little "every group has their bad examples" or whatever. Anything else?

Meh.

it was in pretty poor taste coming after an episode that actually focused on trans issues and I'm 900% certain that was the intention

and that's probably not okay but south park is basically untouchable at this point

Like wouldn't it have been funnier if he sued the woman for rape, and he finds out the police were giving the money to the summer camp? A joke that's not "rape if funny" but "rape victims are barely cared about"? Could be a little of "crippled people aren't cared about" but that joke was made at the end of the episode. I don't know, throw Wendyl in there, maybe add a little "every group has their bad examples" or whatever. Anything else?

Meh.
I don't really see the idea as "rape is funny" so much as it's "Nathan's plan backfired" like many other parts of that episode. plus, he wouldn't really be able to go to the cops since he was the first to ask, and it wouldn't really be able to hold that up because of it.

I just don't feel the entirety of the episode should be judged by one scene that lasted 30 seconds. poor taste? knowing Matt Stone and Trey Parker, it's possible.

i mean it was a lackluster episode anyways but that one part just stands out as particularly bad in its own right

that joke aside I thought the episode was pretty funny.

Mimsy was great, I love Timmy and he was excellent in this episode, I love the Handicar community, and the fuckin' Matthew McConaughey shit. I liked it.

also, everyone getting so caught up in the Wacky Races was a riot. that and the Canadian woman driving a car literally called 'The Queef" priceless.

I loved seeing the parents wearing there pajamas, eating cereals and watch Wacky Racers like it was the 60s.
Not that I come from the 60s, but I did watch Wacky Racers when I was little.

was Wacky Races from the 60s? I thought it was from the late 70s/early 80s.

and what have you guys thought about the most recent season as a whole so far?

The season before this one (17) I though was kinda weak, the only episodes that stood out was the whole Console war trilogy episodes (IMO)!

And I'm pretty sure Wacky Racers came from late 60's. Good thing Wikipedia is on my side this time (unless it's lying)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacky_Races

I actually felt the season was strong up until the final episode. there wasn't really any conclusion to it. everything else before I thought was fantastic.

I'm referring more to the season 18 episodes we've had like gluten free ebola.

Well this is my favorite image on the internet now
upload_2015-6-7_15-42-32.png

Kenny or cartman...can't decide

Kenny is immortal, so that why he keep coming back.(lol)

actually, Kenny's immortality is explained in the Coon and Friends multiparter.

for everyone who wants to know a little more about South Park,
well, here you go fellas.

I seen them, they were funny, like the Family g
Guy 2 pater episode.

dude, I love cartoon wars.
such a great 2 parter.

the buildup to the Cartman and Kyle fight is fantastic.

I refuse to believe this is real

I have a feeling I know what next episode will be all about.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, this will be good... While I'm on the South Park thread...

I actually don't know, I only managed to catch the season opener.

Dude, the ending to the yelp episode was fucking disgusting and AMAZING at the same time. I love it.

This season has been amazing so far. Just watch them. Every episode has me dying laughing.

I can't really decide which is my favorite episode so far.

You're not Yelping, or Where has my Country Gone.

I think "You're Not Yelping" is the best so far. Hell, I doubt the rest of the episodes can top it.

I'm just shocked like

They're a couple

Craig and Tweek are literally just a couple now and they're okay with it

Are they gonna be like that in the new game???

I think all the changes to the town and it's people will probably be rectified by the end of the season.
it might be in the game, it might not be.

tbh, the episode is less about them and more about Trey and Matt saying "we are aware of the shipping, it's getting out of hand, please stop"

Last edited:
This episode paralleled nicely with the season premiere, where Kyle also felt he had no choice but to conform to society's pressure. He never believed in what he was saying, he just did it in order to go along to get along. So I don't think those two are really a couple, they are just friends who hold hands in public in order to make everyone else happy.

I'm hoping the show doesn't just completely reverse everything at the end of the season. South Park occupied by PC America has led to some of the best satire in years. Seeing how the show manages to still offend everyone while walking that line is great.