• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

You mean the day before the release? That's probably too close imo.

Yo.
q9NRkLU.jpg

From the SRK article.

Well then. I guess all that whining I did about the trailer paid off in the end

Well, the trailer was gonna happen regardless of whining so =P

But anyway, I think i'll skip the trailer, wanna go through story mode blind

Ok, I guess you should stay away from this thread as we're gonna speculate based on the trailer as well. Sorry...

So Beowulf will most likely fight against Big Band with Painwheel as his assist.

A compilation of all story mode art from the above trailer.
6e0etu1.png

zWha4zm.jpg

D0pBQIO.jpg

UOyRC7F.jpg

kcysat7.jpg

NZEDeTc.png
OHH MURO YOU ARRRGH

So off topic we see that big band is in Beowulfs dlc. And since Squigly is in Elizas DLC story does that mean Eliza will be in Robo-Fortunes story?

Actually considering the character she's based off is in Elizas story that's a strong possibility.

Is it ok to ask if beowulfs story will contain answers to some questions we have?

Guy, I just want to reiterate something. Remember when I said that, while yes, Annie was in Beowulf's story mode, that it was maybe something you shouldn't get yourself worked up over, in case she was a minor character?
6PlRXhI.gif
tumblr_inline_n97x831Oib1r47z95.gif
tumblr_mqxt9iLsjq1qiz2kqo1_500.gif
a7b.gif
DEALWITHIT.gif

Looks like Big band failed in some way maybe Beowulf just beat him and Annie is telling him to stop.

Annie is the dragon.
She realised the one way to stop Skullgirls from appearing - kill everyone who could wish on the Skullheart.
After she obliterated two major and several minor nations, Beowulf seeks to stop her.
He arrives on the scene moments after Annie murdered Big Band and Painwheel.

Annie is the dragon.
She realised the one way to stop Skullgirls from appearing - kill everyone who could wish on the Skullheart.
After she obliterated two major and several minor nations, Beowulf seeks to stop her.
He arrives on the scene moments after Annie murdered Big Band and Painwheel.

colbert.gif

It looks to me like Beowulf and Annie just got done kicking some Lab 8 tushie together, and Annie is being like, "Yo Beobuddy, we gotta go after the Skull Heart or else fools like these two will use it for the wrong thing, ya dig?"
And Beo's like, "Yeah you right star girl, also this will be a sick comeback campaign for me."

Looks like Big band failed in some way maybe Beowulf just beat him and Annie is telling him to stop.
It looks to me like Beowulf and Annie just got done kicking some Lab 8 tushie together, and Annie is being like, "Yo Beobuddy, we gotta go after the Skull Heart or else fools like these two will use it for the wrong thing, ya dig?"
And Beo's like, "Yeah you right star girl, also this will be a sick comeback campaign for me."
sounds reasonable to me let's go with that

I wonder if the playlist got updated

I still don't understand why Beowulf would kick Big Band's rear can. Beowulf seems to be a nice guy and many people will deny it but Big Band probably has the strongest moral compass of the cast. So Im wondering if there's something more to it.

Oh my god I saw the playlist

Spoliers

Annie is the Dragon

I have such an evil grin now.

All this talk, "Maybe this or that is the Dragon, maybe she's the dragon."
Maybe there is no dragon. Remember Beowulf is only loosely based on the legend.

Like Valentine is definitely important, I bet she's the one that this song is referring to.
She always hurts people in the end, doesn't she?

All this talk, "Maybe this or that is the Dragon, maybe she's the dragon."
Maybe there is no dragon. Remember Beowulf is only loosely based on the legend.

Like Valentine is definitely important, I bet she's the one that this song is referring to.
She always hurts people in the end, doesn't she?

Looks like we're in the 1st stage of Loss: Denial only 4 more stages to go. Don't worry most of us including me went through he same thing during Eliza story.

I don't want him either but I've already seen the death of a favorite character so Im prepared for it. and unfortunately its one of the 2 most important parts in the poem. and remember he is JUST a normal human.

fuck, I caved in 20 seconds, I need the story now

Plus, you're all forgetting the most important detail from this trailer

BEOWULF WEARS BED ROBES

Reactions: Kuzlalala
remember he is JUST a normal human.
So is Batman, so are the greatest men and women in history, the strong warriors.
He can live.

Maybe there is no dragon.
No, no, I'm on a roll here.
Annie's victory comes as no surprise to her.
She was never impressed by Double's inferior sorcery, Marie's brute force, or the challenge of the other Skullgirls.
She quickly becomes bored with her mortal competition-

-and soon invites other immortal children to participate in the contest.
The ensuing battles rage on for years.
And the wars result in our world's final destruction.
Have a nice day.

So is Batman, so are the greatest men and women in history, the strong warriors.
He can live.
The dragon is also one of the most important events in the story.

I don't think we need to spoil a story over a thousand years old. Of course I want Beowulf to live, I was just arguing for the sake of arguing. I understand that there is a very real possibility that Beowulf could die while saving the world from an overwhelming enemy. I just do NOT think that enemy is the Skullgirl, Annie, Cerebella or any of those other small fries.

It's GOTTA be something BIG, something actually WORTHY of the title, Dragon.

Annie's victory comes as no surprise to her.
She was never impressed by Double's inferior sorcery, Marie's brute force, or the challenge of the other Skullgirls.
She quickly becomes bored with her mortal competition-

-and soon invites other immortal children to participate in the contest.
The ensuing battles rage on for years.
And the wars result in our world's final destruction.
Have a nice day.

GODDAMMIT MURO.

Reactions: Kai and Denizen
Agreed Beowulf should die suplexing the Trinty into the sun with his...

GIGA

DRILL

CHAIR!

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
My reaction to the trailer (not really). So much speculation...
tumblr_n79yjsE5N61tcyxrmo6_400.gif

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja