• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

*implies that Beowulf didn't graduate from college*

I wish Beowulf would be a scholar of sorts but should I put this on the OP?
lol, let's wait a few days before we update things ;)

I updated the OP so that it has the trailer and additional speculation.

Now I wonder when his website info will be released.

Hope he likes mead.

Ah, something I noticed.
UOyRC7F.jpg
Beowulf looks more or less the same in this flashback image where Grendel has both arms.
Considering Beowulf is about 30 years old, his retirement must not have been that long at all. I'd say 3-5 years max. (Another thing, he doesn't have his belt magnet in this image, so maybe he didn't have The Hurting back then. Probably just an artistic oversight though)

Considering Cerebella and peacock are fans of him must have not been that far back but yeah I would also say 3-5 years.

Reactions: Denizen
I think it might be that with her century-year-old experience, Annie shared it with Beowulf so that he can eliminate the Skull Heart once and for all (which is why Beowulf knows a lot of things indicated by his quotes with Filia and Eliza) .

I think it might be that with her century-year-old experience, Annie shared it with Beowulf so that he can eliminate the Skull Heart once and for all (which is why Beowulf knows a lot of things indicated by his quotes with Filia and Eliza) .
B-but...would about Librarianwulf?

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Another thing, he doesn't have his belt magnet in this image, so maybe he didn't have The Hurting back then. Probably just an artistic oversight though

This is possible. In the poem Beowulf fought Grendel without any weapons, and used the Hrunting when he fought Grendel's mother (and even in that case the sword broke, but we're not gonna talk about that, are we?).

How about that Beowulf drinking though
First thought was "gentleman in a robe drinking in front of a roaring fire that is only rivaled in fierce beauty by his passion for the fight"

It looks like he's standing in front of a long table with a bunch of chairs, with someone sitting on one of them.

Or it could be his mansion. Ooh! I know where he is! Heorot!

Last edited:
I just thought the drink was just coffee. I mean beowulf does look tired maybe the story starts with him waking up and watching the news. He sees the Skullgirl and is like

"I want to wrestle that that thing."

Am I the only one not jumping to the conclusion tat Big Band and Painwheel are necessarily dead in the image >_> For all we know they coulda just been knocked unconsious and left there to rot.

Am I the only one not jumping to the conclusion...
No one is actually jumping to that conclusion, they're just considering all possibilities.
No you're not the only one.

Ok good, from the conversation I had assumed that was the case. Glad I'm wrong on that end, then.

Furthermore, I'm wondering if Beowulf and Annie are actually CHASING something or someone. Given they're on a coastal area, someplace we haven't really seen in any other story mode, and the way the BB and PW are strewn out, it might be someone's on the run and Beowulf and Annie just happened to find them..

Reactions: Denizen
Well Painwheel looks to be fine it's big band but there's always the possibility that he's alive most of us just asume the worst because after Eliza story we know that lab zero has no problem killing a character even if it's canon or not. The problem is big band is not that important in the grand scheme of things so I could see that he gets killed.

Then again he could just unconscious. I mean why spoil the death of a character.

Besides, I really Doubt that there's any circumstance (Within the realm of GOOD writing) where Beowulf would kill him.
The problem is big band is not that important in the grand scheme of things so I could see that he gets killed.
And Cerebella is? no

Oh hell no Cerebella is not important to the plot and that's coming from me mind you. There's a trope I think where you kill off a not so important character to show the seriousness of the situation.

Cerebella got killed causes she's not important. Double got killed cause she's a villain and squigly died because she will come back.

Cerebella got killed causes she's not important.
Cerebella was killed because she was important.
She was trying to hinder Eliza, after all.
E: Oh wait, she wasn't really that important after all, whoops. She really did serve more as a "HOLY SHIT THINGS ARE HEATING UP" character through her death.

Last edited:
Oh hell no Cerebella is not important to the plot and that's coming from me mind you. There's a trope I think where you kill off a not so important character to show the seriousness of the situation.

Cerebella got killed causes she's not important. Double got killed cause she's a villain and squigly died because she will come back.
You're implying that Alex Ahad isn't willing to kill major characters though. I think he's brave enough to take that very necessary risk. That's a very tired trope and Alex Ahad probably knows it.
Which is why it's still a possibility that Beowulf could die.

Exactly I don't want big band to die and thinking about it more I don't think he will die. But I'm not ruling out the possibility. Come to think of it the only true characters who are important are Filia, Peacock, Painwheel, Val, Double, Eliza, Marie, and to an extent parasoul but that's mostly because of Umbrella. Everyone else is mostly just fluff. Cerebella and Fortune are in a literal game of cat and mouse over the Life gem rather the the skullheart. Big band is more of a mentor figure. Squiglys whole story is mostly contained to herself and her past. And Beowulf is just there. (Don't deny it.)

TL;DR: half the cast are fluff the other half are important.

You're implying that Alex Ahad isn't willing to kill major characters though. I think he's brave enough to take that very necessary risk. That's a very tired trope and Alex Ahad probably knows it.
Which is why it's still a possibility that Beowulf could die.

No offense (I will bite my tounge if I'm wrong mind you) but beowulf is just there. From what I've seen of his character so far he's just a regular guy with a chair who's in over his head. I doubt beowulf is a major hero who saves the entire universe. He's far from a major character.

I can't believe it's Thursday already :)

So, SOME FRAMING: A good thing to keep in mind is the nature of the DLC story modes thus far. In them, the characters always have to deal with the expected threat (the Skullgirl), but they also have to deal with something more personal. Squigly had to confront Double, her own murderer, Big Band had to protect his Lab family, and Eliza had to reclaim her lost power from the Trinity. Their own stories have run the gamut in scale, and the only linking factor is that they take out the Skullgirl (and for Squigly/Eliza, the Skullgirl isn't even really their main narrative enemy).

Beowulf... he may have the most personal fight of all.

I'm only be posting in this thread one more time before story mode drops; later tonight I'll be reminding people to use spoiler tags, and leaving you with one last thought.

No offense (I will bite my tounge if I'm wrong mind you) but beowulf is just there. From what I've seen of his character so far he's just a regular guy with a chair who's in over his head.
I hear this all the time from people, that Beowulf is completely irrelevant because he has no prior connections to the main cast and he has no special powers. I think this is a very biased and close-minded viewpoint. You're not considering all the possibilities, especially considering that Beowulf is THE LAST full fledged character to be added to the game. He's also unique in that he can introduce a completely fresh and new angle to the main story, unlike other characters that have to work within already existing templates.

Off topic but I always hated the term "In over your head." It's just another way for people to say "You can't do it!" to the people who definitely can do it. I've heard it a thousand times in my time training in martial arts.

Reactions: Fumako
Oh yeah that reminds me what are the rules on streaming? Cause say I get home from my classes around 3:00 but due to west coast time zones are a couple of hours behind. And one thing I fear is a huge spolier part being shown up in the preview streams on the fourms.

I hear this all the time from people, that Beowulf is completely irrelevant because he has no prior connections to the main cast and he has no special powers. I think this is a very biased and close-minded viewpoint. You're not considering all the possibilities, especially considering that Beowulf is THE LAST full fledged character to be added to the game. He's also unique in that he can introduce a completely fresh and new angle to the main story, unlike other characters that have to work within already existing templates.

Off topic but I always hated the term "In over your head." It's just another way for people to say "You can't do it!" to the people who definitely can do it. I've heard it a thousand times in my time training in martial arts.

The problem is being the last full fledged character doesn't mean you will be important. I expect beowulf is just the guy who asks the questions that we as players have been asking about the story. He's the guy who asks the questions nothing else most likely.