• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

And, my last post until tomorrow.

ahemCOUGHhackhemehem

open this in a new tab first, then come back and read the spoiler
They say legends never die, and that a hero is just a man who rises.

Behind every legend is a hero, and behind every hero, is the truth.

When a hero looks inward, what will he see?

A champion... or a lie?

And when a hero is stripped of his legacy, can the mere man behind the legend still achieve the impossible?

Will he overcome, no matter the cost? Or will he finally fall?

The say legends never die, and that a hero is just a man...

... who rises.
I'll see you guys tomorrow :P

COMMANDER NIGHT PHYRE I LOVE YOU!! WILL YOU MARRY M-.....oh ._.
He's already taken,Fanboy.The best you'll get is a picture,if even that.

And this will be mine.

I have a feeling About what this means, but instead of pulling it apart like everything else, I'm just gonna clear my mind and play the story mode tomorrow the way it was meant to be played.

Thanks for being the best kind of Skullgirls fan Night Phyre. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else does as well.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Everyone, keep your tickets safe, We've been together for so long,picking apart the clues given to us.
Tomorrow,we all ride together,on the ARRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOO TRAIN!
It was a pleasure,working with all of you.

*Wakes up*
Oh boy, it's friday I can finally play Baewulf!
*Still thursday in America land*
A-at least I can play him later...?
*Patch hits early morning Saturday*
Timezones are evilll.

Reactions: North888
What if Mike truly forgot to include the story mode in the console patch
Mike is the real dragon

Reactions: Fumako
Mike is the real dragon
He... He is a fearsome creature.
His scales, like steel, are hardened by apathy; developed after mind numbing suggestions of unprecedented idiocy.
His claws rend mains with ferocious nerfs, his fangs pierce like beta changes.
His breath, like fire, scorches with the frequency of his balance patches.

2am here...patch hits before school today! Yeah! Hopefully I'll be able to get into it before any spoilers even appear :D

ahemCOUGHhackhemehem

open this in a new tab first, then come back and read the spoiler
They say legends never die, and that a hero is just a man who rises.

Behind every legend is a hero, and behind every hero, is the truth.

When a hero looks inward, what will he see?

A champion... or a lie?

And when a hero is stripped of his legacy, can the mere man behind the legend still achieve the impossible?

Will he overcome, no matter the cost? Or will he finally fall?

The say legends never die, and that a hero is just a man...

... who rises.
I'll see you guys tomorrow :P

I can't believe Beowulf's story ends with Annie launching his ass to Mars.

Reactions: owellgi
I just played it! It was SOMETHING!

Obviously, Eliza's story had more overall universe relevance and there's still plenty of mysteries.

I already have some fan art in mind for one the scenes that really stands out.

Reactions: evacino
Just played Beo's story mode, I gotta say
DDB was right all along dammit!!! Annie is the best and now I really wish she was more than only a story character.

MOD EDIT: use the spoiler tags, people!

I still can't download Beowulf even though the patch is up. Stupid pc ;_;

I enjoyed the story it was sweet. Nice typical hero arch, which was unexpected for me considering the other stories. I guess its good fan service for the Annie fans eh.

Any Annie is good Annie.

are we allowed to stream the story mode? or is that forbidden?

I have just gone through his story mode. I didn't know what to expect coming in, but I'm really impressed with how it turned out!

Actual Spoilers (AKA my personal opinions):
Beowulf thick as shit confirmed But hey, his heart is in the right place! I liked how the end was symbolic with Beowulf letting go of his regrets of cheating Gendel/the public and the like - that time he was fighting Grendel 'for real'. I was shocked that Peacock pretty much wasn't in his story mode at all actually, since her pre-battle/win/lose lines with Beo suggested some important lore, along with fanboy Andy of course. But that reaction face at the end. Oh man, that totally makes up for her absence. This story has the best one-liners and reaction faces so far. Hipster Double, Derpy Beo, it goes on. Also dat Indiegogo fanservice at the climax.

I should have seen that twist with Zane coming, as the last time we saw a completely new NPC (Squigly's Story) she turned out to be a fraud. Also interesting that Double's disguise name is 'Agatha'. Not sure if that's a common name for her or if Beowulf is too thick to think otherwise. That last line with Annie implies that Double comes back like the Skullheart after being defeated as well, but I think that was what most people thought anyway.

I thought this was one of the funnier stories, mostly because of Beowulf, but it was still equally touching by the end. I will admit I saw the end coming just before the fight with Painwheel, but the story had so many memorable scenes it hardly matters imo. Also I liked how different it was from the other character stories. Annie's personality was great - her and Beowulf work out great together because of their conflicting personality's, with the two being badasses in their own completely different way. Man, now I wish I could watch Annie of The Stars for real!

Also this is a question because I'm not sure: I don't know if the crowd in the NMO arena with Beowulf is genuine or not. They sound like they are, but wasn't it implied that it was common knowledge that the whole Grendel fight was set up? Beowulf seems like a guy who wants to impress, but his arrogance/naivety blinded him.
If I said too much I'm happy to edit that stuff out! Also I noticed that Beo's story is already up on YouTube, so it's there if you wanna watch it I guess.

You see, stuff like this is why Annie should've been made instead.

Reactions: SmashBlade
You see, stuff like this is why Annie should've been made instead.
parasoul_palette_25.jpg

played it but Phyre said there was still scene that "hinted" at something. What was it it couse I didn't see

The story mode in a nutshell

tumblr_nmyzqtfYgg1rwxvn2o2_400.png
tumblr_nmyzqtfYgg1rwxvn2o1_250.png