• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

Oh yeah that reminds me what are the rules on streaming? Cause say I get home from my classes around 3:00 but due to west coast time zones are a couple of hours behind. And one thing I fear is a huge spolier part being shown up in the preview streams on the fourms.
There are no rules on streaming, because nobody here could possibly enforce them. If somebody doesn't want to see Beowulf spoilers on Twitch, they probably shouldn't watch any Skullgirls streams until they play it themselves :P

Just, just, just.

Beowulf is anything but just, come on.

Look all im saying is while I expect Beowulfs story to be FUCKING AMAZING I don't think he will be a major character but more of a love letter to the fans. Saying beowulf is just a man is like saying filia is just a girl with hair. I get there's defense for your favorite character (Trust me I know all too well when people call your favorite character terrible) but all im saying is keep an open mind. He might be a love letter to fans and answer our questions but that's about it.

I don't really care what anyone thinks but im still going with the possibilty that the beos story is just a staged performance

*sigh* we've been over this multiple times. Wrestling in Skullgirls is real. Beowulfs story will not be a staged perfomance. Besides even if it is I think most fans would be pissed to know all of Beowulfs hard work was just staged.

*sigh* we've been over this multiple times. Wrestling in Skullgirls is real. Beowulfs story will not be a staged perfomance. Besides even if it is I think most fans would be pissed to know all of Beowulfs hard work was just staged.
hey man i think it would be cool

If somebody doesn't want to see Beowulf spoilers on Twitch, they probably shouldn't watch any Skullgirls streams until they play it themselves :P

My stream will be safe. Totally 100% safe from the evil clutches of spoilers.

IS WHAT I WOULD SAY.

Oh yeah that reminds me what are the rules on streaming? Cause say I get home from my classes around 3:00 but due to west coast time zones are a couple of hours behind. And one thing I fear is a huge spolier part being shown up in the preview streams on the fourms.
The stream miniature is tiny, I don't think you need to worry about that. When the stream inconveniently shows Annie destroying the world with other immortal children in Beowulf's story mode art, no one should notice/decipher it, not without intensely staring into the miniature for 10 seconds anyway - which I reckon people avoiding spoilers will not do.

Just be sure to not put blatant non-joke spoilers like "Beowulf story: Annie kills everything ever" into the stream title and you should be fine.

Soo...many...exciting...poooosts. Dang, I missed some awesome yesterday! Loving Grendel's final look, super fierce!
Oh god prepare for the DDBpoclypse
None shall survive, though we'll be enslaved like Eliza did to Fillia and Fortune, only we'll be in Sagan costumes made of wool....driven mad by the itching to violently carry out Annie philosophy and purposeful brooding!

Just realized Lab zero releases the BB plushies around Beowulfs release date. why do you think that is? Its because Lab zero wants you to buy them so people have something to hug while they cry! THIS WHOLE CHARACTER HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A MARKETING CONSPIRACY! REVEAL THE TRUTH NIGHTPHYRE YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO HIDE!
*screams till blood shoots out of eyes and corrodes steel girders*

Maybe Big Band and Painwheel are just winded or unconscious. This is Skullgirls, they look pretty clean if they were killed. Or....or maybe they were punished for rebelling against Brain Drain and he read them all his early fanfiction or 1st drafts of his love letters to Christmas (of Last Hope)?!

Soo...many...exciting...poooosts. Dang, I missed some awesome yesterday! Loving Grendel's final look, super fierce!

None shall survive, though we'll be enslaved like Eliza did to Fillia and Fortune, only we'll be in Sagan costumes made of wool....driven mad by the itching to violently carry out Annie philosophy and purposeful brooding!

I'd rather take the Cerebella way and die trying to stop DDB rather then being enslaved.

@Magma442 When DDB is at full power, it's nearly impossible to stop him. The Legends foretold this day. The harder you fight, the itchier the Penance Suit is.

Names for PenguinRef? What about Oswald? *snicker* He could cobble pots in his free time.

Lmao, I had to look that one up. Too bad the Batman palette is gone.

In all seriousness, I hope the Penguin Ref is someone important to Beowulf in some way, like an old friend that he calls up sometimes for advice.

Lmao, I had to look that one up. Too bad the Batman palette is gone.

In all seriousness, I hope the Penguin Ref is someone important to Beowulf in some way, like an old friend that he calls up sometimes for advice.

better idea is the penguin swore to ref every match no matter how deadly so he follows beowulf around to make sure he can ref the match.

Because I forgot there was an edit button.

Anyway back to the penguin

P: "The skullgirl is killing everyone but godamnit I will Ref this match."

Hey, since it's Friday in my place, I'm gonna unfollow this thread and edit the OP a bit so they can be covered by spoilers.

See you when I get my hands on Beowulf's Story Mode.

Last edited:
The biggest question on my mind right now is whether the patch will come out tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening. Knowing that will definitely affect my plans for tomorrow.

WELP, Beowulf got delayed for a week for EU PS3 peeps

is there any chance of extending that there spoiler policy, @Night Phyre
Hmmm. Yeah, I guess that's fair. 48 hours after the EU version drops, then. I'm kind of leaning towards just saying screw the post tags though, the thread now has an enormous spoiler tag.

Thoughts?

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT NOTICE
The Spoiler Policy For This Thread Is As Follows
  1. ALL SPOILERS MUST USE SPOILER TAGS, AND MUST BE CLEARLY LABELED AS STORY DISCUSSION.
  2. The spoiler tag rule will end on the Monday following the DLC release (April 20th). After that, individual post tags no longer need to be used. I know the EU PSN version is delayed, but this entire thread now has a huge spoiler tag, so there' really no excuse for anybody that gets spoiled here. If you don't want to see spoilers, stay away from this thread until you finish the story mode. Unsubscribe if you have to. Staying spoiler free is on you, too.
Example of how a good spoiler post might look:
I can't believe Beowulf abolished the monarchy and got elected president of the Canopy Kingdom!

Back