• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

Eliza isn't just doing things for the evils. Although she clearly is a sado-masochist and seems to take great joy in inflicting pain. You do clearly get this vibe of "The world is my birthright" from her. Her motivations remind me a lot of someone like Red Skull in being totally amoral and completely without remorse but insisting that rulership is suited only for her. At the same time, she strikes me as a villain who would have some sort of twisted affection for those who showed her loyalty to the point of sycophancy. I mean I can totally see her growing attached to her headless blood doll after a few decades of breaking her.

(I notta perv.......No, really...)

Not doing for the evil doesn't make it excusable or not evil. You can't dismiss the nature of actions only because the purpose is not evil per se.

Eliza must die and die horribly. I hope Mega Maid can do it and then die to redeem herself for the massacre of Lab 8.

That said, Eliza is a great villain. I am loving hating her.

And damn @BlackRoseAngel now I am going to search for soul-scarring hentai of what you said. :P

I am seriously questioning morality after playing this.

Not doing for the evil doesn't make it excusable or not evil. You can't dismiss the nature of actions only because the purpose is not evil per se.

Eliza must die and die horribly. I hope Mega Maid can do it and then die to redeem herself for the massacre of Lab 8.

That said, Eliza is a great villain. I am loving hating her.

Oh I wouldn't dismiss it. Eliza's a cruel fucking bitch and Mega Maid Marie will give her a well deserved comeuppance. That being said, the measure of a great villain isn't just that you love to hate her, it's that you hate to love her. For me, Marie and Eliza both qualify for completely different reasons.

And damn @BlackRoseAngel now I am going to search for soul-scarring hentai of what you said. :P

Don't have too much fun without me, sweetie. ^_~

EDIT: Can I just add that I love that we have a permanent reference to Spaceballs in the game? XD

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Her motivations remind me a lot of someone like Red Skull in being totally amoral and completely without remorse but insisting that rulership is suited only for her.
Eliza is Apocalypse.

But Marie is The Punisher. And everyone knows Frank Castle has piles as plot armor.

I'm so jealous of eliza...

Attachments

• 2014-10-01_00001.jpg
    2014-10-01_00001.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 30,039
Eliza is Apocalypse.

But Marie is The Punisher. And everyone knows Frank Castle has piles as plot armor.

Actually yeah, Apocoalypse would be a much better comparison. And dead center on comparing Marie to The Punisher. ^_~

I will be thinking of you in every moment :)

^_~

I felt that the story mode was a bit slow at first, but then things start picking up upon meeting Squigly and they NEVER. FUCKING. STOP.

When's Squigly alarm clock released as official SG merchandise?
Should we call too soon? I'm calling too soon.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Why does Ms. Fortune always get the short end of the stick when Cerebella's involved.

I for one hope that when all this is over, Eliza dies of malaria. She deserves nothing less.

I am so thankful my babies at LZ didn't get touched.

So... basically Eliza killed the Trinity in the main Skullgirls universe and Double is the mess that's left over who's still out for vengeance.

The Aeon and Venus who control the Skull Heart are from an alternate reality where that never happened. At least that's my theory.

Also, apparently parasites used to treated better until Eliza started murdering everybody and that's how the stigma against Parasite Hosts got started.

So... basically Eliza killed the Trinity in the main Skullgirls universe and Double is the mess that's left over who's still out for vengeance.

The Aeon and Venus who control the Skull Heart are from an alternate reality where that never happened. At least that's my theory.

Also, apparently parasites used to treated better until Eliza started murdering everybody and that's how the stigma against Parasite Hosts got started.

None of the stories are 100% canon though.

I have been thinking about Gehenna:

There are some ruins and brokens statues mixed with all the gore. Are those the ruins of the ancient civilization of Queen Lamia?

The only thing I'm still confused about is Double's statement that Eliza killed Aeon and Venus. It's obvious that Double is an avatar in the real world that Queen Lamia (The Holy Mother) can take control of when she feels like it, but are the sisters straight up dead or are they dead but ascended as phantoms? Is this only the case in Eliza's story mode or is it canon? I have my own theory but it's all a little bit shaky for me.

EDIT: Oh, I'm also confused about what Gehenna is exactly.
For real, what is it?

Last edited:
How has no one made a "Deal With It" gif of Eliza sitting in her throne with her blood slaves?

Chop, chop pls.

None of the stories are 100% canon though.

The ENDINGS are not canon, but what was stated in backstory, is. So at this point it seems that long ago Eliza did kill Aeon and Venus.

VAT A TVIST!

I'm even more anxious for Skullgirls's canon story mode after playing through Eliza's.

Reactions: YoYoCheese
I dunno if I want a canon story mode. If my favorite characters ends being brutally murdered, there won't be a way to undo that.

So was there a point in history where they played an active role in ancient society?
I fucking called it yo.

I dunno if I want a canon story mode. If my favorite characters ends being brutally murdered, there won't be a way to undo that.
Just think of every characters story line as an "alternate timeline"

It's a fighting game. People almost never die permanently in those. Not to mention Skullgirls NEEDS as many characters as possible at this point. :P

@PKStoopKid Not going to update the canon thread yet. ALL Eliza story mode discussion happens in here until the other regions/platforms have a chance to catch up and play it.

Also, my laptop got messed up last night and I've spent all day battling with Windows 8 to reformat it and get Steam back. Finally just cleared the story there.

Random observations:

- Fuuuuck me I did not think it would pan out like this. Aeon and Venus are dead?! WHAT?! Where the hell did that come from?!

- CAR2CHE. Really? You went there, LZ?

- After Double chops off Eliza/Sekhmet's hand she does a bunch of shapeshifting, but her arm is always missing. It only grows back after she submerges in Gehenna.

Also, fun fact. Lorenzo's freak out character portrait for the dialogue is called "Lorenzo_Lorenzoing".

Also, some of you are missing out on clearly one of the most important pieces of new canon info:
Pianoman.jpg

Horus and Albus got them slick parlor music skills

Also, for the pleasure of those of us who go poking through the game files:
Eliza Doodles.jpg

This is a compiliation of the various doodles they've done of Eliza on stream while she was being animated.

EDIT: Also, Squigly's story ties in with Eliza's post credits scene. She wasn't trying to kill Lorenzo, she was throwing his building to safety.

Are those the ruins of the ancient civilization of Queen Lamia?
Lots of video game series have lost/destroyed old kingdoms, but something seriously insane must have happened to turn everything into a forsaken GUTSCAPE.

And its all Eliza's fault. HA!

Last edited:
Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Also, fun fact. Lorenzo's freak out character portrait for the dialogue is called "Lorenzo_Lorenzoing".

That's going to be my new verb to describe tryhards.
"Why you guys lorenzoing so hard? Geeees."

Do you think Brain Drain knew about all about the Parasites and their past glory? In case the parasites rose again, he created the artificial/synthesized parasites to combat them? The same could be said for the conception of Living Weapons. In an effort not to become reliant on Parasites back in the early days, smiths started forging the living weapons. Krieg has been passed down the generations, so it's a possibility.

YOOOOOOOOOO HOLD UP. Is the buried ruins of the civilization in Gehenna the remains of the Meridian Kingdom? The Kingdom that Canopy was built upon and which New Meridian City is named after?
Is that the kingdom that Lamia ruled over in her time before Neferu fucked it all up?

YOOOOOOOOOO HOLD UP. Is the buried ruins of the civilization in Gehenna the remains of the Meridian Kingdom? The Kingdom that Canopy was built upon and which New Meridian City is named after?
Is that the kingdom that Lamia ruled over in her time before Neferu fucked it all up?

No, stop. My brain.

PLS.

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

I sure do love me some backstory. Eliza is now my favorite villain.

On a completely separate note...sweet jesus Nightmare Marie is brutal with Eliza.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex