• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune SPOILERS - Robo-Fortune Story Mode Discussion

So... any idea why Robit decided to fight wrestler and blood goddess? Does she really feel that strongly about fuzzy set theory? (Of course not, she feels nothing. Only sadness. And lasers.) And Eliza's bath was in full Sekhmet mode, which her plot indicated happens after taking a dip in Gehenna...? Unless Eliza just happens to have a blood faucet, just 'cause? And then we fought Painwheel in Nightmare Crest, which I thought wasn't canon...?

I doubt these fights are Canon..most likely just Filler fights like the Non-DLC stories. It really could just be Robo going on wacky adventures in New Meridian. If not she was programmed to fight anyone going after the heart.

Guys the fights are totally canon and should be dissected till nothing remains.

Reactions: ACreationist
The cutest picture of umbrella ever
Sketch11634053.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I can imagine a scene in the train carriage where Filia is already sat on the train and Robo-Fortune boards (possibly in disguise or something), and there's a tense silence as each gradually notices the other, and Filia is about to move away slowly when something happens (probably Samson's fault) that kick-starts a fight that ends up on top of the train carriage.
For some reason I can see that happening.

And then we fought Painwheel in Nightmare Crest, which I thought wasn't canon...?
But it IS canon. Painwheel's fight against herself in her story mode was retconned to have occurred in Nightmare Crest.

Well, the fight itself is "canon", but that was just a gameplay-induced interpretation of Carol fighting off Brain Drain's mindfuckery

Who knows if the actual stage is canon. My guess is that, since the only other times the stage shows up were either in someone's dream or was only a metaphorical arena, probably not.

Is there a chance that this is actually a slip-up and Robo vs. Painwheel was supposed to be in Maplecrest?

The stage isn't real, but it is canon.
It's a thought, or a dream, and those can be canon.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Yes, but said dream was in the only story that is explicitly so non-canon it's not actually part of the game's plot at all, and who knows if Carol actually saw/imagined Nightmare Crest when she was regaining her mental faculties

Yeah, let's agree to go with the tried and true MST3K mantra
it's fiction, don't think on it too hard

But it IS canon. Painwheel's fight against herself in her story mode was retconned to have occurred in Nightmare Crest.
I did not know that, cool!

<Guess who hasn't played Painwheel's story mode since he first got the game... :P >

Yeah okay what if the skullheart is an universe parasite.
wait

Yeah okay what if the skullheart is an universe parasite.
wait
I'm gonna have to stop you right there buddy, seems like you know a little bit too much. Don't worry, it's OK! I'm just going to need you to look into my pen for a little second...

naPfeXw.png

I'm gonna have to stop you right there buddy, seems like you know a little bit too much. Don't worry, it's OK! I'm just going to need you to look into my pen for a little second...

naPfeXw.png

giphy.gif

And what valentine meant by saving christmas? i mean, i know there is one woman at last hope called christmas, but she is already that in that point of time, what is the deal with her?

Yeah, it stood out as strange phrasing to me too.

Robo-Fortune: He also labels you a traitor.
Valentine: What?! This is what I get for trying to save Christmas?!
Valentine: Well, label me gone because I quit! I hope Brain Drain's paranoia comes back to bite him.
Robo-Fortune: BEEP BOOP. Probability of future ironic twist rising. I am beginning to question my creator and his methods.

I thought it was partly about Last Hope, but also some reference I wasn't getting. Like there are plenty of Christmas specials that hinge on "saving Christmas" and I guess they wanted such a ridiculous line?

Hard to get a read since Valentine is way out of character for this scene. Gone is her iron resolve to throw away her life and reputation in pursuit of ending the Skull Heart. Gone is the unbreakable courage to side with the enemy in a deep undercover mission with no way out. For comedic effect they have her quit and stomp off because she feels unappreciated.

Seeing how Double was moments behind to mention train directions, it is safe to assume Val didn't get far. CHOMP!

Yeah, it stood out as strange phrasing to me too.

Robo-Fortune: He also labels you a traitor.
Valentine: What?! This is what I get for trying to save Christmas?!
Valentine: Well, label me gone because I quit! I hope Brain Drain's paranoia comes back to bite him.
Robo-Fortune: BEEP BOOP. Probability of future ironic twist rising. I am beginning to question my creator and his methods.

I thought it was partly about Last Hope, but also some reference I wasn't getting. Like there are plenty of Christmas specials that hinge on "saving Christmas" and I guess they wanted such a ridiculous line?

Hard to get a read since Valentine is way out of character for this scene. Gone is her iron resolve to throw away her life and reputation in pursuit of ending the Skull Heart. Gone is the unbreakable courage to side with the enemy in a deep undercover mission with no way out. For comedic effect they have her quit and stomp off because she feels unappreciated.

Seeing how Double was moments behind to mention train directions, it is safe to assume Val didn't get far. CHOMP!

This holiday season, come see Valerie prove that to the Canopy Kingdom that Christmas isn't just about giving and receiving presents, It's also about sharing and having fun with one another! Watch as she goes into various antics proving the true values of Christmas, and sing along with her in many musical numbers! It'll be fun for the whole family!

Valentine Saves Christmas
Coming December 2015

Rated R for Adult themes, Drug References, Sexual Content and Extreme Violence

Yes, but said dream was in the only story that is explicitly so non-canon it's not actually part of the game's plot at all, and who knows if Carol actually saw/imagined Nightmare Crest when she was regaining her mental faculties
The point is that when Carol has to fight off BD's mind control the fight takes place in her mental landscape which is depicted as a nightmare version of Maplecrest which is presumably her hometown. Think Psychonauts. And yes, No character's story mode is canon, but in the context of Painwheel's story it is. And every stage but Training Room is featured in story mode so it can be safely assumed that nightmare crest will potentially be canon so long as the "Painwheel fights off mind control" plot point persists into the canon story mode.

naPfeXw.png
That penlight supposed to do something?
cause it doesn't look like a neurilizer, the front is all wrong..and her sunglasses aren't opaque like they are supposed to be...

So... was anyone else surprised by the Skullheart having a woman's voice?

Reactions: Kai
So... was anyone else surprised by the Skullheart having a woman's voice?
I was surprised, but then came to my mind: "why the skullheart would have a masculine voice when everything related to it is feminine?"

I was surprised, but then came to my mind: "why the skullheart would have a masculine voice when everything related to it is feminine?"
See, that's the very same thing I thought. I was surprised at first, but after thinking about it, it makes a startling amount of sense. I guess I was just used to associating it with a masculine voice because they did it on the Voices Of Gaming videos.

Reactions: Shockdingo
The lyrics of Skullgirls' credits song, "In just a Moment's Time", strongly suggest it's being sung by the Skullheart, so if anything, I'd be surprised if it wasn't voiced by a woman.

Nah, after realizing that In a Moment's Time was most definitely sung from the Skull Heart's point of view, I've imagined it sounding like that singer.
Wasn't expecting the layered effect tho.

It's a skeleton, skeletons are spooky, and spooky things have deep menacing voices.
That's just the way imagination works.

Reactions: Kai and The Dave
I always figured it sound like Double, a layered, mostly woman's voice. Something echoey and telepathic since it has no lungs or vocal cords in order to talk.

Why so down tonight
Just another day that didn't go your way
Well, don't you make a sigh
Just take my hand
Don't toss and turn

Let's just lie awake
In just a moment's time, you'll wonder why you
Ever thought you'd ever look
For more than you've got
'Cause, baby, you've got you and me

I'm gonna hold you tight
Through the night
The bed bugs better hope that I don't bite
While you're counting sheep in your head
It's time to hit the sack
Kapow, attack
Smack those troubles down
K.O., they're down

One two three A.M.
Oh, is it midnight still
The window sills are
A billion miles away
But your lucky star
He's here for sure

Down here 'neath the sheets
The world is yours to conquer
Won't be long, dear
I'm the king and you're the pawn
We're a perfect pair

Girl, you made the right mistake
Choose me instead of constant heartbreak
Now let's raise the stakes
Go on, you've earned it
Ask for any wish, I'm on it
Granted word for word, I promise
Baby, that's the charm
You got it made, yes

Don't you be afraid
For more than you've got
'Cause, baby
You've got you and me

Ooh
Buckle up tonight
You wanna get away
Forget it, baby
Got you in my sights
They never got
They don't ever learn

Hell, for heaven's sake
For more than you've got
'Cause, baby, you
You've got you and me
For anyone doubting, just check out the sixth stanza how it is inescapably Skull Heart's POV related, but there are a couple interesting masculine word choices. Not much to rule out a male identity, but noteworthy:

"But your lucky star / He's here for sure" and "I'm the king and you're the pawn"

(Of course, the second one's chess metaphor requires the king else the metaphor falls apart)

I always figured it sound like Double, a layered, mostly woman's voice. Something echoey and telepathic since it has no lungs or vocal cords in order to talk.

Why so down tonight
Just another day that didn't go your way
Well, don't you make a sigh
Just take my hand
Don't toss and turn

Let's just lie awake
For more than you've got
'Cause, baby, you've got you and me

I'm gonna hold you tight
Through the night
The bed bugs better hope that I don't bite
While you're counting sheep in your head
It's time to hit the sack
Kapow, attack
Smack those troubles down
K.O., they're down

One two three A.M.
Oh, is it midnight still
The window sills are
A billion miles away
But your lucky star
He's here for sure

Down here 'neath the sheets
The world is yours to conquer
Won't be long, dear
I'm the king and you're the pawn
We're a perfect pair

Girl, you made the right mistake
Choose me instead of constant heartbreak
Now let's raise the stakes
Go on, you've earned it
Ask for any wish, I'm on it
Granted word for word, I promise
Baby, that's the charm
You got it made, yes

Don't you be afraid
For more than you've got
'Cause, baby
You've got you and me

Ooh
Buckle up tonight
You wanna get away
Forget it, baby
Got you in my sights
They never got
They don't ever learn

Hell, for heaven's sake
For more than you've got
'Cause, baby, you
You've got you and me
For anyone doubting, just check out the sixth stanza how it is inescapably Skull Heart's POV related, but there are a couple interesting masculine word choices. Not much to rule out a male identity, but noteworthy:

"But your lucky star / He's here for sure" and "I'm the king and you're the pawn"

(Of course, the second one's chess metaphor requires the king else the metaphor falls apart)

Actually, Queen would be freakishly appropriate. Game's over when a king's surrounded and threatened; Queen's horrendously powerful, can be taken out, but can also be respawned by advancing a pawn to the other side of the board (IE advancing a wish into the Skullgirl). Eh, well. One night in Innsmouth and the world's your oyster?

Nah, I'd say in the chess metaphor, Pawns are "candidates" as said in Double's story mode, and the Skullgirl post-transformation would be the Queen piece, insanely powerful and mobile, and can be destroyed without killing the Skull Heart, who is the King.

And the fact is, even when the Skullgirl is destroyed, including the Skull Heart, the game isn't over and another Skullgirl, or Queen, comes along later with the same piece leading them.
Which is the King.

Reactions: The Dave
Chess metaphor's are so fucking dumb
If this is still about the skull's gender, maybe it has none

:O

Reactions: gllt
gender of the day:

evil magic skull

Reactions: Shockdingo
To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention to the voice cast.
Except for ctrl+F'ing to find Mike Z's name.

This holiday season, come see Valerie prove that to the Canopy Kingdom that Christmas isn't just about giving and receiving presents, It's also about sharing and having fun with one another! Watch as she goes into various antics proving the true values of Christmas, and sing along with her in many musical numbers! It'll be fun for the whole family!

Valentine Saves Christmas
Coming December 2015

Rated R for Adult themes, Drug References, Sexual Content and Extreme Violence
I'd pay money just to see even a trailer of this animated, the real, feature-length thing would be lethally awesome.

W...what if we ourselves aren't cannon and we're in a fanfic that someone in the Skullverse or Marvelverse is writing! D: *instant paranoia*
That would be a hell of a fanfic, just imagine to write not one, but SEVEN BILLION CHARACTERS around the world, each one with their own minds, thoughts, actions, etc. At different places of the worlds, and it's always updated to the last micro-second with every character, the story is scripted, but the unpredictable actions can change the story, in a world with more than 250 countries, with different cultures, stories and adventures, some of them are epic, others are just simple boring, add to the equation the quantity of NPC which are the animals and plants, and you have the best fanfic of all times, it's so messed up since you can view the story since the point of so many characters, but variety it's always the best thing.

ontopic: Played Robofortune, story was amusing, although, Robofortune herself is kinda way too powerful, the only downside is that she is more or less weak to physical attacks, but she is incredibly fast, practical, and a really good character to use, besides the fact that you can use lasers

latest

ENJOY THE HEART LASER, MOTHERFUC****

I thought the Skullheart was male because it was constantly contributing the to downfall of women. Alex specifically talked about how the percentage of bad guys in the SG universe was higher than our own world, so I just assumed the Skullheart was something of a representation of that. Thematically, it would have been very appropriate, with it always tempting women into making bad decisions.