• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Discussion Thread

I'm pretty sure Squiglys dead. You don't exactly shove off a grenade launcher to the side of the head easily. Skullgirl has Necromancy magic so it's not really something that can be explained.

Also Leviathan is keeping Squigly from decomposed. Not fully but she's slowed down.

Also the fact the clothes dont rot...well I guess Medici make durable clothes.

One does not simply shove off a grenade to the head... unless one has a Lichwurm at one's side. :D

It must've been a dud grenade, if Squigly's head remained that intact.

The picture I drew to accompany the post actually shows some healing that goes on. One would most likely not catch it without context.

You see Squigly's messed-up eye? That's where the hole from the grenade should have been. But it's not there anymore. Remember in the game Squigly is actually missing an eye, and Leviathan can poke his tail (or was it his head?) through that hole for some attacks. In my drawing, there is no hole anymore... instead, there is now an organ I refer to as a "Theonic Eye". Look again at Leviathan, closely this time, and you can see he has the exact same eyes. I imagine that was one of the fixes Leviathan was able to do.

I see no problem with the theory of Leviathan having prevented Squigly from dying, as she still winds up with a necrotic body, fourteen years later.

I agree with the theory that her decomposition had slowed down. Which is why I drew her the way I drew her, rather than giving her full-on necrosis. That would've looked super ugly, not to mention I would have probably gotten bashed by the community for going too far and ruining Squigly. I mean, seriously... we're talking about a FOURTEEN-YEAR dirt nap.

I do not like the fact that the clothes don't rot. I have yet to see super durable burial clothing that's like that. As a trade-off for my theory of Squigly not being a zombie, I wanted some of her clothes to look tattered, to still have that necrotic look while still not being a zombie.

Well more Necromancer if you want to get technical.

That's not how true necromancy works. You're probably thinking of the pop-culture view of necromancy, which is more like manipulation of dead matter.

What's happening here is manipulation of dead matter. Not necromancy.

The Skullgirl's control seems to be more limited to actual dead skeletons, rather than all dead matter. If you think about it, if the skeleton itself can move, then it'd be enough to move the entire body.

If you look at my picture again, you can probably see some vein-like structures running through Squigly's bone-arm. I didn't find it made much sense that she was somehow able to move that, so I made it so that Leviathan put some sort of Theonic nerve/muscle strands there. Technically, he's in control of it, but only unconsciously, and since he's linked to Squigly's brain, he moves it as though Squigly was in control, and doesn't even know it. I also imagine it's the same with the rest of her skeleton, and that is also why Squigly's skeleton hadn't died, resulting in it not being susceptible to the Skullgirl's control. Also, the Skullgirl is a source of Theonite, and parasites are also Theonite-dependent, so it stands to reason that it's possible that Parasites can scramble any unwanted Theonite signals, making Squigly and other parasite hosts immune to the Skullgirl's control. ;)

What do you think?

Last edited:
@skullherz2115 not going to harp on you for it because you're new but when you want to post something that relates to 3 things you can make it all in one post instead of 3 different posts. Makes everything streamlined and easier to read.