• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Also the counter taking white damage is kind of a stealth buff if used effectively, since you can now use it to build ultra while doing teleport shenanigans.

She's also benefitted hugely from W-ultra and red focus. It feels like FSE's timer isn't that much shorter with W-ultra and red focus makes comboing into her U2 WAAAYYYYYYYYY easier. And here I was thinking I'd be dropping her. How silly of me.
you like playing annoying characters don't you? not gon lie juri is the only girl for me in SF too

you like playing annoying characters don't you?
I got into playing competitively with Kefka in Dissidia, so I just like to stay true to my roots, yeah.

Oh dear. Capcom is now for sale. Here's a rundown by Maximilian:

I’m usually the first person to complain about clueless stock holders ruining everything, but I can’t really blame them in this case.

It would be great if all their franchises ended up in the best hands possible, but Street Fighter seems like it’s the most important thing they have since it’s nearly as synonymous with fighters as D&D is with table top RPGs. Everyone will suffer if things get crazy enough.

can any one confirm if that you can downgrade ultra back to AE like how AE could downgrade into Super?

Doesn’t look like you can normally. A quick google search turned up a few workarounds involving backing up the game to a USB drive, but I can't say how reliable or practical they are since I don’t currently own a modern console.

Note: This content is only compatible with Super SFIV and SSFIV Arcade Edition, and is not stand-alone content. It adds the same content found in the package version of Ultra SFIV (alternate costumes excluded). Once you update you will not be able to downgrade to Super SFIV and Super SFIV Arcade Edition.

Last edited:
errr hello friends

I just got Soopa Street Scuffle 4 and was wondering how I should even start learning how to play it. It's different than Skullgirls. Help

well assuming you got a physical copy
first you need to put the game inside your console and press the power button
then you load it up

and start pressing buttons until stuff happens
just like skullgirls

At CEO they had an ultra arcade and wow Rose's Wultra combo Illusion Spark scaling is rough
I kinda hope they lessen the scaling in a future update

I'm pretty sure the idea is that there aren't any more updates.

From how I see it, I doubt there will be any more games. Not from Capcom as it is now, at least.

No way they'd get it out on time without it being the next Daikatana.

I'm pretty sure the idea is that there aren't any more updates.
They said a while back that if more people wanted changes they would release another version

Reactions: Killabyte
I hope so. SFV will probably be a fair while away and I doubt that this version will be as balanced as 2012 was, I just get the feeling that they want to move on.

I just noticed that in the beta brackets for USFIV at EVO, Elky Dori and Chilldog are fighting each other in round 1.

I'm gonna ASSUME this doesn't already exist, since I haven't seen it yet. Which is why this needs to be a thing, now. (I don't know much about Street Fighter, so tips and tricks would REALLY come in handy!)

Hey, so i have quick question.
I have never learned any SF combo, but i want to make something of my game with Ultra :)
Do these combos works is Ultra?

c.lk/c.lp, c.lp, sweep/hp dp

c.lk/c.lp, c.lp, c.hp xx tatsu

c.mp, c.hp tatsu/hp dp

f.hp xx dp

f.hp, c.hp xx tatsu

c.mk xx fireball

c.mk xx ex fireball, fadc, ultra 1

(and, if you want o play on psn with scrub like me, PM me will ya? :) )

i believe most of those work, yes! i don't really use ryu though so not 100%

im not sure if far standing fierce is special cancelable, and c.mp ~ c.hp is a link. it might be on counter hit, though.

you should be able to do c.lp ~ c.mp ~ sweep, and i know you can do c.mp ~ c.mp ~ sweep.

Reactions: Nonckiewicz
if we're talking about ryu then all of those combos work but certain ones won't work at every range e.g. you need to be in throw range for cr.mp cr.hp to link

cr.lp and cr.mp are both +5 on hit so either is a 1f link into sweep
s.fp isn't cancellable but p.sure he's talking about sps, 6HP/f.hp which is cancellable
cr.mp/cr.lp into cr.hp is a 2f link
it's worth noting that ex tatsu is almost always the highest damage combo ender, and hp srk is almost always the highest damage meterless one

I asked, because I don't know how this frame-data-thing works, and I know they made some changes (maybe not for Ryu, idk).
But hell, thats some tight links... Does Ryu have some combos with bigger error margin? I don't need nothing fancy, just something for simple punishes.

About range - yes, i know that, i have been playing for some time now ;).

ohhhh forward hp. read it as far.
apologies!

bigger error margin.

you can p-link all of those combos to give yourself more leniency in the links.

most of the time you can apply simple pressure with a string of cr.lps on block or cr.mk/cr.mp xx hadoken will be your go-tos in neutral

for simple punishes
cr.hp xx hp srk -- most meterless dmg
cr.hp xx hk tatsu -- best corner carry

in the corner ex tatsu or ex fireball are great to try to land because they give you an ultra 1 juggle

if you're unsure then you can just raw srk or just throw, throwing is always decent damage and has the fastest startup if you're unsure about a punish

Last edited:
I got shitty stick, so i can't plink. And i feel like that is cheating ;D

Ok, cancels like that i can do :). Thanks again :).

New costumes coming out next week.

I'll buy them for sure.

I would probably get some of the outfits but not all of them, some of those otufits are really amazing like Sagat's, Fei Longs and Dudleys and some are super bad or uninspired like T Hawks, Chun Li, Viper, Dee jay etc.

Juri FINALLY lets her hair down! she is cute!

Deejay continues to look like Woolie.

Cody's is good. as is Guy's.

Guile's looks fucking sick! can't wait to see the red version!

Gouken's is god-like.

Ryu is now DJ Sagara. he's flatout DJ Sagura. GG Capcom.

Juri's looks awful and whoever did her makeup needs to be shot in the hands

I'll admit the make-up is not the best but Juri's costume is certainly not the worst compared to the "did they even change anything?" that is Hakan's.

POISON, MARRY ME, NAOW! Best alt.

Oni looks pretty cool too with the mask. Some others are good as well, but some are really, really terrible. Like Chun-Li or Rose, so ugly.

Chun li is just super awful, that isn't even an outfit it's just random piece of fabrics strung together, she has 1 up mushrooms on her head.

you know what? I love Chun-li's ugly costume! it's so gaudy and it makes me wanna play her just so I can blind people with my horrible taste!

at least it isn't as bad as the neon coloured outfits from Street fighter X Tekken, good god those colours were horrendous.

I saw some pretty good use of the neon on certain characters. Ken looked amazing when he had neon on his goggles in his alternate costume.

at least it isn't as bad as the neon coloured outfits from Street fighter X Tekken, good god those colours were horrendous.

Oh god SFxT... these horrible, horrible neon colors. Every time I saw those I felt like shooting myself in the head to end the pain.

I think the best are:

Gouken
Oni
Zangief
Honda
Guile

I just want Juri's... :/

Bearing in mind they are spending resources on this, I always wondered why they make these heinous costumes instead of something that looks combat practical and that the character might wear (admittedly, there are some like that)...though maybe one too many Shoryukens to the head made these poor folks color blind and/or incapable of making a good ensemble.

And according to the folks at EH, there's another costume pack coming. Animal themed, allegedly.

Anywho, the retail version should arrive this week. Hopefully, I won't have to buy the darn game again.

Is this game worth playing? I haven't touched it since vanilla. I mained C. Viper since i felt like she was the only character that could bypass a lot of the things i didn't like about vanilla, like the weird floaty jumps, defense being too strong, and lots of crazy links (i know viper had a few links but she felt more like an anime style character more than anything with her cancels).

Gnief looks like Pyro from TF2 lol

I like Cammy, Sakura and Ken.

Last edited: