• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

It's probably causing heart attacks.

that's a big image
try not post images that big
it's inconvenient to some people
I'll fix it then. :PUN:

I will buy the game, I will play with Decapre, but im still pissed about her as the 5th character...

She can be a extra especial one, or not a long waited reveal and will be fine... but she was a bad choice for a hype character...

Haven't been in touch with CP too much, but I don't think Mu qualifies as a clone, she's a lot different from Lambda/Nu both in gameplay and visuals, they just share the same thematics (like, say, Yun and Yang).

I know she's different, but people count her as a clone coz she shares some moves with Nu and she's an existing character technically (Noel). They did the same thing with Izayoi/Tsubaki everythough they dont have anything in common aside from being the same character story-wise..
People are just never happy.

Reactions: Buri
as long as her being the character isnt the main reason you wouldnt play the game, then I am happy.

screw all these fair weather waifu fanboys wanting their fanwank. real street fighter fans should stick with it through thick and thin. and yes, I would've said this even if it wasn't decapre.

and yes, even Ono knew that they waited too long to reveal.

I know she's different, but people count her as a clone coz she shares some moves with Nu and she's an existing character technically (Noel). They did the same thing with Izayoi/Tsubaki everythough they dont have anything in common aside from being the same character story-wise..
People are just never happy.

EVERYONE IS THE REASON WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

honesty her playstyle is something I really want, but I don't like charge inputs much. They should have probably changed her hairstyle too (hope an alternate costume has something different.)

her playstyle looks fucking beautiful man. I really can't wait to play her.

I'll still play the game, but I am unhappy about her.

I'll stick to my buffed Ibuki/Juri

Reactions: Φ
Elena for life.

What happened to her face?

Some say she tried to become the first female Stig, and that her Psycho Power manifested from drunken Wii Sports bouts with Skullgirls.

All I know is, she's called Decapre.

1300+ hand-drawn frames >>>> a single 3d model
I haven't said a single word about animations or effects, JUST A NEW 3D MODEL to make it look a little less like a cheap cammy clone! If you want to make an evil version, be my guest, but do it DECENTLY

Oni = A decent "Shin" Akuma
Evil Ryu = Changed the 3d model enough to give it a little personality (and it's still ryu)
Decapre = Just slapped a mask on what should be a DLC costume since the very beginning, and different from the examples above, IT IS A DIFFERENT PERSON!

Seriously, she's the 3d equivalent of the cheap mugen "true/fake" versions of the character...
Unfortunately, them being Capcom means they need to pay their employees a salary to match. And let's not forget about the fact that all the characters that were funded for SG through IGG were done at a loss. I have no doubts it was far simpler for Capcom to model a complete 3D Ryu compared to L0 animating Filia from scratch, but that unfortunately doesn't make it any cheaper.

They may have recycled something lazily, but it's a symptom of one of the biggest problems in the games industry: the ridiculous upward spiral of development costs. Capcom has already projected that next-gen console projects will cost anywhere between 8x to 10x the amount of money it takes to develop for PS3/Xbox 360.

What happened to her face?
basically, Decapre is a failed clone. and Cammy is the perfected one. I imagine this will be the driving force of Decapre.

I actually love clone storylines in shit and I think that Decapre will have a pretty good one.

Unfortunately, them being Capcom means they need to pay their employees a salary to match. And let's not forget about the fact that all the characters that were funded for SG through IGG were done at a loss. I have no doubts it was far simpler for Capcom to model a complete 3D Ryu compared to L0 animating Filia from scratch, but that unfortunately doesn't make it any cheaper.

They may have recycled something lazily, but it's a symptom of one of the biggest problems in the games industry: the ridiculous upward spiral of development costs. Capcom has already projected that next-gen console projects will cost anywhere between 8x to 10x the amount of money it takes to develop for PS3/Xbox 360.
I wouldn't be surprised if it cost as much or more to create and animate a 3D model as a 2D character would.

you know
the phrase "Decapre is a failed clone" is hilariously accurate
JergensNaturals.jpg

your skin must feel awful with all that salt pouring out.

Actually, Ultimate Beings are supposed to be salty. Makes them get more fangirls who mistake their salt for sparkles.

considering the information that Mike gave about how much it costs to make a 3D fighting game character... I am glad Capcom didnt decide to go fucking insane and spend money they didnt have on a new character from scratch.

nah man
my skin is radiant
my hair flowing
my hand is a squirrel
I'm the ultimate being
1355734768264.gif
I can't begin to explain how much win this is.

Well... when you put it that way, I guess I can understand. Granted, it's their own fault they got themselves into that mess.

Well... when you put it that way, I guess I can understand. Granted, it's their own fault they got themselves into that mess.
yeah, but they seem to be coming back from it and even was able to give us a new character with what they got.

I think its best we dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

not like they've had horrible business practices the past 6 or 7 years or anything

its not like they can't turn it around but with how fairweather the fans are it might be nigh impossible.

yeah, but they seem to be coming back from it and even was able to give us a new character with what they got.

I think its best we dont look a gift horse in the mouth.
That is true, let's just hope they don't botch it up.

I'm just peeved at the PC delay...

I'm still wondering how they're gonna handle migrating from Windows Live to Steamworks.

I've heard nothing at all! >:C

I'm still wondering how they're gonna handle migrating from Windows Live to Steamworks.

I've heard nothing at all! >:C
thats probably what the delay is for.

I dunno. I bought AE on Steam so I'm not too worried. Sadly, SFxT is getting the online cut. Meh, oh well.

As a PC player, I'm really curious to see how matchmaking works with steam, considering how GFWL tried to group players according to region.

EDIT: If they were to keep the region-based matchmaking (does steam even keep track of player locations?) one thing I'd like to see is some sort of indication of how many people from your region are in ranked/unranked/tournament/edition select. As someone from a very isolated area, my main worry with all of these features is that it could make it very difficult to find people near you if everyone is spread out over the different modes.

Wow, looks like there have already been some not insignificant changes to Decapre after Final Round, as showcased on a Nico stream:

• (Changed from FR17) Decapre's HP -> HK target combo has been changed to MP -> HK. After launching your opponent, if you're close enough to trigger close standing HK, you can now jump-cancel the target combo and follow up with additional attacks -- including Decapre's aerial grab. There also appears to be a new MP -> HP target combo.

• (Changed from FR17) Ground Cannon Drill or Spiral Arrow has been removed. The special move can now only be performed in the air.

• (Changed from FR17) Some of Decapre's teleport attacks now generate an afterimage, which makes them easier to track and defend against.

• (Changed from FR17) Psycho Stream ultra in the latest build will now knock down an opponent on hit, and launch the opponent to put it in a juggle state on counter hit.

• As she's a charged character, producer Sugiyama thinks that even for players who can't yet perform the dragon-punch, they'd be able to play Decapre.

• Light, medium and heavy variants of Psycho Sting have different invincibility properties. One version has strike invincibility, while another has projectile invincibility.

• Hundred hand slaps (claws?) hit from pretty far -- even after you've pushed your opponent away with three crouching light jabs.

SOURCE: Eventhubs