• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

The only good side to this is, that now that we have 2 grapplers, and 1 half grappler.

There is no way that Laura is a jiu jistsu fighter.

So friggin' happy Zangief is in, I can use a grappler that isn't in an absolutely outstanding terrible outfit.
Can't wait to kick some R. Mika's shit in as Zangrief

I can use a grappler that isn't in an absolutely outstanding terrible outfit.
Yeah, fuck choosing characters based on gameplay, let's just argue about which wrestling attire is better.

I legitimately cannot in good faith see myself using Mika, the outfit is just that terrible, and usually designs don't mean jackshit to me, but Mika's is rancid.
Sides Zangief's changes look way more fun and cool.
Also doesn't have to cheat and use a tag-team in a 1v1 match

Also doesn't have to cheat and use a tag-team in a 1v1 match

This is a street fight man. Anything goes.

18CDY_01.jpg

and its not her fault grief has no friends :P

skiesprotected=true

My original SFIV main before I started playing T. Hawk has arrived.
I might try to main him, but Necalli still looks more interesting to me.

Something that's closer to nothing at all is better than the eye-strain Mika has.
Plus.
It's Red.
Automatically better no matter how you slice it.

AdenPhoenix's article said:
He bluntly says that you will NOT see Q in this game. "It's a dead horse."
Maybe Q's likeness to Robot Detective K keeps him back. Capcom's team of lawyers don't even want to chance it.

V9vwqSm.jpg
They did a brilliant job modeling Zangief. He's as giant and intimidating as he should be. Nice ret-con too. He's not "Red Cyclone" because of communism, but because he literally turns red as he armors up.

Kinda annoyed with Capcom's earlier statement that stages were just stages, not belonging to anyone. First Kanzuki Estate for Karin and now a cartoonish Russian industrial factory with pet bears, men in ushankas dancing on iron matryoshka dolls, and people in ski-masks waving AK-47s in the background. It's silly and good for variety, but clearly for Zangief. I'd rather they admit they ran out of time to make a stage for everyone.

There is so much damn salt in this thread.

Characters' outfits are more important than gameplay.
If you don't like a character it's because you don't play.
Dislike for a vet who we haven't even seen enough of to pass actual judgment on as he is in this game.
"I hate X and I can't wait to beat people who play them because they're losers with a shit character" superiority crap.

I don't even like Zangief, actually I actively dislike him in other games due to moveset and design, but the trailer made him look interesting, and even if he's not there are still 15 other characters and possibility for basically anyone you could want as DLC which will be released constantly.

I want SFIII characters too, but come on, we've known for some time now that was unlikely for the base 16. I mean, we all knew there was a good chance half the roster would be SFII, which sucks, but it's not news. Everyone just needs to calm down.

1443731560773.jpg

God damnit, I finally accept Urien isn't in the base 16 and then he posts this.

It's probably for a stage or some other character, but still.

Dislike for a vet who we haven't even seen enough of to pass actual judgment on as he is in this game.
"I hate X and I can't wait to beat people who play them because they're losers with a shit character" superiority crap.

I don't even like Zangief, actually I actively dislike him in other games due to moveset and design, but the trailer made him look interesting, and even if he's not there are still 15 other characters and possibility for basically anyone you could want as DLC which will be released constantly.

I want SFIII characters too, but come on, we've known for some time now that was unlikely for the base 16. I mean, we all knew there was a good chance half the roster would be SFII, which sucks, but it's not news. Everyone just needs to calm down.
it's things like this where companies should just post all the characters confirmed and tell everyone to shut the hell up when they don't get the character they want.

waifu wars: not even an inch.

wow

it's like an average community

what a surprise

I wonder if they will go fullout on the 3Sey "fireballs don't exist", or there will be some way around those 800 fireball counters
++ If they keep them, whether there will be a zoner at all (built more around normals than fireballs then), or we just get 1/3 Rushdown 1/3 Pressure 1/3 Grapplers

wow

it's like an average community

what a surprise
Let's

encourage flat out shitposting man

No one is allowed to have or not have

opinions if they do

we should hate them

This makes us real and is why we type

Like this
There is a difference between not liking something and flipping your shit about it, when you get a page worth of no discussion that's either complaining about things you don't like because you don't like them or shitting on people for liking or even not caring about something you have an opinion about with no actual discussion on either the actual thing or your feelings towards it, I fail to see how pointing out the topic has gotten out of hand warrants this response.

Maybe I'm mistaken and video games are in fact the biggest and most important deal.

I wonder if they will go fullout on the 3Sey "fireballs don't exist", or there will be some way around those 800 fireball counters
++ If they keep them, whether there will be a zoner at all (built more around normals than fireballs then), or we just get 1/3 Rushdown 1/3 Pressure 1/3 Grapplers

Yeah, I'm really curious if they'll put a zoner in.

I'm guess no simply because based on what little I know about this game, most characters don't seem to have a decent option vs a zoner (what with the thankful removal of FA)... it seems like a Dhalsim would wreck in this game. Of course, I could be completely wrong in this.

I know I won't miss them if they don't bring them back, but I also know there is an entire subset of people that solely play zoners.

most characters don't seem to have a decent option vs a zoner
Everyone has a dedicated option against projectiles other than Ken and maybe Chun. While limbs aren't projectile these options could still hinder them to some degree.

Ryu has Parry
Bison has grab/reflect which can be a one hit parry
Nash has grab which is a hit
Karin has palm strike which is a hit
Gief has a free hit of armor he can move during and his headbutt
Birdie has a low hitting projecile that goes under projectiles
Cammy has dodge
Vega has dodge and projectile invincible EX roll
Necalli has ground pound
Mika has a free hit of armor, though not as versatile as Gief
Rashid has multiple mobility skills

Bison has a counter/ projectile reflect for his V-Skill not a GRAB

and Nash as an absorb.

my gosh use the right words.

gosh use the right words.
I know you're joking but you're actually right, I said "grab" as in "they grab the projectile" but that could actually be misleading to people.

Bison has a counter/ projectile reflect for his V-Skill not a GRAB

and Nash as an absorb.

my gosh use the right words.
Grab here seems to refer to "grabbing" ie absorbing a projectile

Which obviously is false and confusing terminology, but do you really think that you of all people are in a position to get this bitchy at someone saying something wrong

I'm guess no simply because based on what little I know about this game, most characters don't seem to have a decent option vs a zoner (what with the thankful removal of FA)...
As AdenPhoenix already said.. so far it looks to me more like the opposite; 80% of the casts V-Skill is a straightup projectile counter.
In the end it will depend more on how the fireballs exactly look, whether perhaps the zoner is more built around controlling space with normals (ex Dhalsim), etc

I know I won't miss them if they don't bring them back
..why?

Call me crazy but we'll get another Pillarman.
That's actually something @Sotherius and I have talked quite a bit about, seems pretty possible.

Just going to point out however, Gill and Urien also fit Pillarmen criteria.

well Ken has the fire
and Mika has the B U R N I N G B L O O D A N D F I G H T I N G S P I R I T
tumblr_nm57hv4xiW1spdabbo2_400.gif

Y O S H A A A A A A A A A A

That's actually something @Sotherius and I have talked quite a bit about, seems pretty possible.

Just going to point out however, Gill and Urien also fit Pillarmen criteria.
I'm honestly at a loss for when Pillarmen Hype became a legitimate thing but I'm quite pleased with it since Capcom is acknowledging it

Back