• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

But the camera doesn't focus on it no more

THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF IT BEING THERE AT ALL ANYMORE. BURN IN HELL CAPCOM. JUSTICE FOR MIKA.

Reactions: Magma442
Seriously?
You four have to be kidding here.
This is as minor a change as Skullgirls removing the three panty shots.
I'm done with you if you are being serious.

Reactions: Midiman
That only seems like a change they would have made were they trying to lower their ESRB rating, but it would honestly not change anything. Odd choice considering how fan-servicey she is already.

EDIT: They are obviously joking

Reactions: Chip Blaster
orly.jpg
Probably they wanna make the game E instead T?If so, they will censor cammy puffy nipples too.

-ScarletGungnir left the game.

but seriously why 'censor' the animation

'oh shit, people might think she's being sexy!'

I don't know, but it seems that they polished her model a bit more.

If only they fixed laura's pants, is not like they are sexy or sexist, they are just dumb.

Reactions: Covenant
There's only one way we can fix this.

Have very male character start their supers with a butt slap animation. I mean who wouldn't wabt to see Ryu slap his ass before doing a hadouken?

Also considering that Camera mods already exists in the beta Ill wait to they just restore it or something.

There's only one way we can fix this.

Have very male character start their supers with a butt slap animation. I mean who wouldn't wabt to see Ryu slap his ass before doing a hadouken?

Also considering that Camera mods already exists in the beta Ill wait to they just restore it or something.
Well, in Vega's win pose, he kinda does a pelvic thrust in front of the camera, so i think it is balanced enough.

They still have the ass shots for Laura, so...

the animators responsible have been sacked.

It's at least original though...

Mika was simply fan service rolled into a cliche tied with the world's tiniest "Japanese wrestler" bow.

Reactions: juju_for_president
I think mika's design is perfect for sf in general, over the top and funny.

And not idiot like some sf2 designs...

I just think it is pushing a cliche... not that SF has a problem with cliches.

I don't see the problem with over the top content because that's kinda SF's thing, and I agree that it's a pretty dumb thing to remove and was probably done to appease someone. That said, it doesn't affect gameplay at all so I really don't care that much either way.

Reactions: Aden
I feel similarly, it doesn't effect me in any way as I don't care, but it's a bizarre thing to do, why put it in there if you're not going to keep it and why keep it at all if you're taking it away? Moving the camera up changes nothing that you'd want changed if you had a problem with the animation in the first place, so who is this for?

Apparently some people are saying that it could just be the way the camera reacts when at the edge of the stage anyway.

It seems that they changed cammy's intro too, can someone confirm?

I think it's a conspiracy of those who enjoy puppies more than they do assets. As an assets kinda guy and I didn't really see much wrong with how R.Mika acted. I thought the whole point of R.Mika being over the top was because she was showboating for the crowd, you know stuff wrestlers do. I bet if John Cena slapped his arse before slamming some guy people would lost it and get riled up for a good show. Oh well I was learning Ken anyway.

It seems that they changed cammy's intro too, can someone confirm?
Here you go, the camera somehow manages to cut out Cammy's intro butt exactly. It's kind of funny.

The thing not shown in the Mika tweet is that the opponent doesn't spread his/her legs at the end of her super anymore.

That's kinda ridiculous IMO. It was such a nice and painful-looking detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
Now they have to remove vega's pelvic thrust if they are going to censor the game, or else i'll be v-triggered

cliche of.... blonde Japanese girls?

tbh, I think Mika's ass slap getting removed is dumb too.
might as well get rid of her super with Nadeshiko.

I mean, Mika is based on something.

It is connected with something in real life at least on a very basic level, but it is something that became over the top in the sf universe.

the same is with a lot of designs that i like and i don't like: Dhalsim, Gief, Urien, etc.

Those designs are fine in their own way (i still hate gief), because they are over the top but are related to something from real life, at least in the minimal level.

But then, we have stuff like blanka, that doesn't make any kind of sense, is just, there.

That is a strange edit, especially considering the end of Mika's CA is more risque IMO.

Maybe Ono had to fight to keep the double booty blast in the game?

This is probably a similar situation with skullgirls removing some panty shots for ESRB and whatnot.

Either way, anyone actually getting salty over this is probably just a perverted jerk.

They didn't remove it because of esrb or anything. Skullgirls would have been t regardless. The art team just decided that those what 3 frames or so didn't fit anymore.

That doesn't make much sense.

I mean, unless they are afraid of the game getting Mature rating in the future, because those changes won't change from Teen rating.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
The art team thought "hey let's do less panty shots" and then did less panty shots
simple enuff

The new camera angle in Cammy's intro is just so terrible looking, I really wish they would just make new animations.

Mika was simply fan service rolled into a cliche tied with the world's tiniest "Japanese wrestler" bow.

Mika ain't my waifu or anything, but her costume is colorful, vivid, and far from cliche beyond the fanservice. Look at Blazblue if you want cliche fanservice that's totally bland.

I thought it was a bummer when i heard about it now I think it's a real bummer that they removed the holding of the opponents legs at the end of the super, because that really proves it was done to appease someone rather than just to tone the sexual content down.

you don't see wrestling, do you? The outspoken and "everything to hype the audience" motto is all there, hust like Alex ripping his shirt (burn in hell if you don't know the reference).

if looking cool in a way you don't like = fanservice, then you're checking he wrong game genre

Reactions: shoryusatsu999

have you EVER, seen professional wrestling?
like, ever?