• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Charlie confirmed for below-average health.

I thought SF had universal health :/
We doing MvC3 stats now?

Chun-Li still has the highest overall stats at 18 points. Bison only has 17 points.

I guess all of her training paid off.

I thought SF had universal health :/
We doing MvC3 stats now?
Akuma has always been considered a glass cannon for a reason.

I'm glad somebody said it haha

"Charlie Fight Style: Special Attacks that Utilize his Physical Abilities"

Wow, that sure is a helpful description.

Also I don't get why on the Ryu/Chun cards, they couldn't pull up a SF4 screen of them vs Ken/Ryu to match the others? They don't need to match really, but they were 2/3rds already there and it's not like it would've taken 5 more seconds to notice and get a matching screencap.

Reactions: juju_for_president
They just need to hurry up and show the Alex trailer so I can go to the store and snag a PS4 thats all I'm saying.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Ryu Power Level Card
11425810_10153460163797147_8496919328885705208_n.jpg

Animated version

I like how the others show more about the character's side lives like Chun-Li being a cop that is good with a gun and Charlie being ex-Air Force that specializes in assassination

Then there's fucking Ryu, who's card only tells us "Hi, i'm a hobo. Fight me!"

well i mean
that's literally Ryu
he's got nothing else going for him

Just once, I'd like to see Ryu actually have a personality in the SF games without it being one of the random wacky endings

Given his "I can afford shoes, but I don't want to wear them" Maybe he could be like "No I HAVE money, i'm a hobo by choice"

Now that's what i'd like to see

He's polite and such but has no real people skills and is a technophobe

Given his "I can afford shoes, but I don't want to wear them" Maybe he could be like "No I HAVE money, i'm a hobo by choice"

Well, this was from Street Fighter II: The Animate Movie, but Ryu did give money to a girl who spilt her milk after accidentally bumping into her.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Ryu probably just does odd jobs place to place in between beating people up
you know
food and travel costs and the like
the occasional medical bill

I just want their ages. I mean, i want a place in the timeline, and know how old is Milf Chun li. in sfV

y'know, the crazy thing is that he probably asks Ken for money.

wait didn't Ryu actually own a Japanese Castle? Like isn't he like as rich as Ken Masters? He just keeps it in his Swiss Bank Account. cause he'll need it for his retirement.

he keeps his whole castle in that bank account
YES, THAT IS HOW HE DOES IT. AND THE CASTLE IS FULL OF SNEAKERS THAT IS HIS FOOT SIZE.

He probably spends most of his money on medical bills considering that he regularly picks fights with clawed, supernatural, weapon-using, super-strong, and/or demonic individuals.

He probably spends most of his money on medical bills considering that he regularly picks fights with clawed, supernatural, weapon-using, super-strong, and/or demonic individuals.
naaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, this takes place in the Final Fight universe were Trash Can Chicken can heal you. Ryu just has to rummage around the dumpsters after fighting some gangs. He also has to fight Filia for some food considering how they are both hobos.

His traveling bag is filled with money......specifically coins. Golden ones.

Ryu probably just does odd jobs place to place in between beating people up
you know
food and travel costs and the like
the occasional medical bill
That's actually what he's been stated as doing. He does anything from chopping lumber, to doing minor martial arts instruction and the like. I really did like him in the UDON books, that scene with him IMing Sakura was really nice. I've never been the biggest fan of shotos in the game's story, but whenever there's an adaptation I really do a 180 and like Ryu and Ken. When Ryu's a nice guy and not designated protagonist he really comes to life.

That's the main issue with the SF canon. There's a WEALTH of info out there, but most of it was expanded upon in things called Gaming Mooks and other arcade materials or random magazines.

Since Ken and Guile are brothers in law, he's most likely met Ryu, and one of Guile's listed dislikes is healthy food (Plus he and Chuck are smokers, so they also don't dig the healthy life), so it's been implied Ryu tried to get him to try natto and he hated it.

Heck Guile's daughter and Dhalsim's son are pen pals!

I really hope that in the future in this post-MK10 world we get to see more detail in the story and see the depth of the character relationships.

in the Udon comics, Guile actually saved Ken when he was attacked by Vega.
it was pretty fucking cool.
also, Guile's daughter was a cute little shit in the Udon comics.
"that's what daddy does! he fights the bad guys!"

Meh, there’s only one shoto in SF whose plot I’ve ever cared the slightest about. Actually I might even goo so far as to say he’s probably the most interesting considering just how bland his competition is.

Chun-Li still has the highest overall stats at 18 points. Bison only has 17 points.

I guess all of her training paid off.
must be third strike chun. that one more point makes her S tier.

Btw, in the Udon comics, Guile and Charlie fight for an entire day until they BOTH were too tired to continue any further.
It was sick as shit yo!
And then Guile's wife was mad pissed because it was their anniversary and then you're just left saying "poor Guile..."

I don't know, i love shotos, while i not play with them, but to me, it feels like ryu is not really the main character. I mean, Chun Li, Guile, Rose, Charlie had more reasons to fight against bison in general that ryu ever had. I mean, i really love the "subplot" of the relation between Ryu, Akuma, and the struggle to fight against the satsui no hado. I want to see some character development in Street Fighter V. While i would be fine with a game with only the gameplay features like all street fighters before, i would love something on the level of Mortal Kombat story mode, or Skullgirls story mode (but with a canon =P).

For instance, after 3rd strike, chun li retired and started taking care of childrens, if this game is after 3rd strike, she would be fairly old (40 ~50 years old if the story happens between 2000 ~2015), and why she came back into action?

Will Sakura ever stop using studend clothes?
Ryu looks like already a man between his 40 and 50 years in the models of sf5, the same can't be said about chun li, well, i kinda understand that, she is the first woman in fighting games, and she is supposed to be beautiful, and they are kinda afraid of giving her some age. But, who knows.

Sorry if that post have no sense at all, i'm just putting random ideas and thoughts here

Why does everyone keep asking for 3S characters, like was Elena not enough to show that trying to import different series characters into SF2 BENGUS IN 3D is just more square peg roung circle stuff.

Like we barely dodged a bullet with how well Makoto and Dudley turned out, and Seth stealing half of Urien's animations.

This is why a new Darkstalkers would have inevitably been terrible, they would just be trying to poorly convert Bengus or Akiman's art into 3D.

Why does everyone keep asking for 3S characters, like was Elena not enough to show that trying to import different series characters into SF2 BENGUS IN 3D is just more square peg roung circle stuff.

Like we barely dodged a bullet with how well Makoto and Dudley turned out, and Seth stealing half of Urien's animations.

This is why a new Darkstalkers would have inevitably been terrible, they would just be trying to poorly convert Bengus or Akiman's art into 3D.

They're not asking for 3s characters. They want Alex. Kinda like asking for Ryu was asking for SF2 characters if you catch my drift. :P Dude is an icon at this point.

(when's Q?)

They're not asking for 3s characters. They want Alex. Kinda like asking for Ryu was asking for SF2 characters if you catch my drift. :P Dude is an icon at this point.

(when's Q?)
But people also demand Q, and Urien, and Twelve, and Necro, and Sean, and so on and so forth.

I liked how you ignored that Elena was made for SFXT first, which, while very similar for obvious reasons, is not quite the same game as SF4
I liked how you used Elena for the argument yet ignored the OTHER SF3 character added for SFXT/Ultra, Hugo

Plus, people can ask for who they want mang, different strokes for different folks, how well characters turning out is subjective, yadda-yadda