• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

So another "leak" came about
let's all point and laugh at its humiliation
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=170043962&postcount=676
Eagle: Teased at during Comic Con and full reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Ken: Reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Akuma: Teased at Evo and full reveal at GDC
Si-won (NEW): Korean Hapkido grappler, reveal at GDC
Karin: reveal at TGS
Dhalsim: reveal at TGS
Sabrina (NEW): German femme fatale, reveal at TGS
Urien: reveal at TGS
Lucia (NEW): from Final Fight, divekick character. reveal in October around GDC China and Brazil Game Show time
Juri: reveal at Capcom Pro Tour Asia finals
Sakura: reveal near Dreamhack Winter dates
Alex: reveal at Capcom Cup
Guile: reveal before launch
Zephyr (NEW): Boss character, reveal before launch
Akira: From Rival Schools, planned as pre-order DLC. Will be the first DLC character which will be added in periodically, no price point but probably around $6 if you don't pre-order. Announcement will be made sometime after both betas have ended.
Vega: DLC character to be released with Akira. No price point but also looking like $6.
No Hakan, so I ignore this leak's existence

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Neither Eagle or Ken are new characters, so that's not even close to likely.

I will gladly take a Hapkido grappler, Urien and Alex though.

i like how this guy's post he mocks people for wanting actual GOOD characters in the game. Like PLS.

Well, this list doesn't look bad to me. We will know if the list is fake or true, so let's see the surprises of the future.

Characters I don't want to return:
Shotos

^ Yes no more fucking Shotos the make they game boring to watch competitively and on Excellent Adventures
Returnees
Karin
Sagat (imagine a Sagat years later he'd be a beast fighter)
Rose
Oro
Sakura

All my picks are story related I want Karin and Sakura rivalry to be developed now that they're older, I want Sagat to be Ryu's rival and new sparring partner since at this point Ken has a family to take care of. I want Oro still on the hunt for Ryu as his student and Rose trying to hunt down Bison and take over the other half of the soul completely
Even though I find Rose boring as well

Least
Fucking Shotos
Street fighter 4 newbies
Think I shouldn't get a top 5 after those two

Shotos are boring call it what you want but don't act like you sit through Ryu spaming 80 fireballs DP the jump in and run like a pussy to repeat it and not yawn or do something else and make it background noise

Street IV had some lame ass characters nough said

New Characters I'd like to see
That black Rufus design the only Shoto I'll make an exception for
Kung fu clown
Zubaz

Edit and Sakura

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Sometimes I wish I can tell if these leaks are real or not without having to wait until the game releases. At least Juri and Alex seem to be on the leaked lists, so I'm fine. I wish the Akira one is real.

Vega as DLC? I doubt that. He isn't really that popular so he wouldn't drive a lot of sales IMO (even if he is my most fav character ever so they would have my money). Not to mention this list contradicts the other one, so at least one of them has to be fake, and this one sounds less probable.

And since I'm already writing I can also make my wishlist...

My top are:

Vega
Q
Juri

If at least one of these characters make it in, I won't care about the rest of the roster.

Since I have 2 more spaces I'll say Eagle and Ingrid. I like tonfas and Ingrid looks nice.

As for bottom... that could be hard, I'm mostly not much of a hater.

Dhalsim? That guy was boring in every aspect for me...

The less shotos the better too. I guess I could let Akuma fly as he at least looks impresive most of the time and Ken for being Fan Favourite, but no more.

Maybe Poison. Never really liked her.

And since I don't really have much more on my mind and 2 spaces left, I'll just throw Yun and Yang out there. These guys were fun, but uninspired IMO.

Last edited:
Sakura for the people.

Although some people may disagree, I'd like to the following characters to return for SFV:

• Sakura - Either similarly designed or Gym Teacher
  • Poison
  • Juri
  • Dudley
  • Q

nah Diddles should take a break. his SFIV version was very meh and i don't want him coming back and still being meh in SF5. The British man was built for SF3 there is no way around it and trying to shove him into a different paced game just didn't work for me. Q is a slightly different story in how Q is extremely simple in his gameplay. Now if Q could parry or absorb a hit of some kind as his V-Skill then he can jump into SF5 no problem.

Juri is like everybody's new girl, she might fit well in SF5 but some things have got to go, aka her counter move. That move just doesn't seem like the kind of thing to have in SF5. Everything else seems okay; divekicks, fireballs/charges, pinwheel kick. Her V-Trigger is DUH: The Feng Shui Engine, buffing her Pinwheels and or Fireballs.

Eagle: Teased at during Comic Con and full reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Lucia (NEW): from Final Fight, divekick character. reveal in October around GDC China and Brazil Game Show time
Akira: From Rival Schools, planned as pre-order DLC. Will be the first DLC character which will be added in periodically, no price point but probably around $6 if you don't pre-order. Announcement will be made sometime after both betas have ended.
Vega: DLC character to be released with Akira. No price point but also looking like $6.
I have almost no interest in that list. The only character that truly interest me, Vega, is DLC...
I have a very mild interest in Akira, Alex, and Urien. Very mild. It more akin to a passing thought, really...

Not sure if people are overthinking this, but people think one of the new characters will be some guy named Eisbahn. He has some billboard in the London stage. Here's a link https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/39fbz9/potential_new_sfv_character_eisbahn/
A guy with ice powers in Street Fighter would be cool.
P4YYcPx.png

9DEEmyq.png

rOdCiik.png

Last edited:

man this list isn't too bad except for the first 3. Eagle, boo. Ken and Akuma can wait as dlc people will pay for them. I really like the ideas for new characters and give me a new Rival Schools!

nah Diddles should take a break. his SFIV version was very meh and i don't want him coming back and still being meh in SF5. The British man was built for SF3 there is no way around it and trying to shove him into a different paced game just didn't work for me.
didn't work for you but definitely works for PIE Smug

I think Ken Bogard actually tweeted about this being massively fake.

New info from Eventhubs interview with some interesting hints and tidbits (Huzzah for only ever owning ONE SF5 disc:

Matt Dahlgren Q&A about the game (via Eventhubs):

We spoke at length with Matt Dahlgren, the Director of Brand Marketing & eSports at Capcom, about the roster size of Street Fighter 5, and future development plans.

I asked Matt how big of a roster they're aiming for at launch, and what fans should expect to see when the game drops in the spring of 2016.

"We're not revealing the total roster count just yet," said Dahlgren. "What we can say is that we're putting a strong focus on making sure that every character put into the game is very unique and has their own individuality.

"We want to start off with a core roster which will be inviting to new players. When you start off with a gigantic roster right off the bat, it can be pretty daunting for new players to figure out where to start."

The roster selection process and future plans
Those familiar with Capcom's history will realize they're very consistent about providing support for their fighting games post-launch, but they still want to keep things tight with the initial character lineup for Street Fighter 5.

"This is a franchise we expect to support for many years to come, but we will start with a very strong core roster," Dahlgren said.

"If you looked at how we handled Street Fighter 4, it was the dominant fighting game of that generation of consoles, we're expecting the same from Street Fighter 5, so we are thinking long term," he stated.

I asked Capcom what their roster selection process was like, and if they had any specific criteria they looked at when they had someone they wanted to include.

"We did a lot of research before choosing our roster, and it was one of the largest debates within our company," mentioned Dahlgren.

"We did a poll that ranked all of the characters in order, and when we put through the roster, we had all of those spots in there so we know where things lined up.

"We did not just follow the poll rankings as law, there's a lot of elements that come into play when creating a roster and gameplay styles, and it's not necessarily our job to give fans exactly what they want — it's our job to be innovative and give fans what they don't even know they want yet," he said.

Style and tone, fresh takes on old faces, and brand new characters
As part of the roster selection process, Capcom wanted to ensure that every character has their own personality, and that they fit a tone and style as well.

"A good example for our tone is Birdie," said Dahlgren. "I don't think anyone really saw him coming, but we had this really cool character design — he's practically a new character in himself — but he doesn't take up one of the slots we have for brand new fighters.

"The way we're handling our reveals, we started off first with the characters that are mainstays, Ryu and Chun-Li will be in every Street Fighter game.

"Then we went back with Nash and Birdie, to show that we can take these characters that haven't been around for awhile, and we have a vision for them and can bring them to life in a new way," he said.

It won't just be rebooted characters from past Street Fighter games, though. You will see some fresh faces in the mix this time around.

"Very soon in the future, you will see brand new characters for the franchise," noted Dahlgren.

Capcom said fans will know the entire roster before the game is released in the spring of 2016 as well, with a steady amount of reveals along the way.

"We do all of the major event circuits, so we'll make sure, if you're at a key event, there's likely going to be some sort of character reveal, but it will very clear when the whole launch roster is announced," Dahlgren stated.

Stages and story mode

One of our reader-submitted questions was if Capcom was planning to make unique stages for all of the characters, like they did in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

"Every character won't have a stage based on them, but we will be staying true to the Street Fighter franchise in bringing new locations throughout the globe to the game in the form of new stages, but there won't be parity between characters and stages.

"If we had to do a stage for every single character, our character roster is going to be a lot smaller," said Dahlgren.

With NetherRealm Studios games often being the gold standard most people hold up for single player experiences in fighting games, I asked Capcom if they had anything similar planned for SF5.

"We are paying attention to how everybody handles story related content, and we will be doing things differently this time around for Street Fighter 5, but we'll be sharing details on that at a later date," said Dahlgren.

As a follow up, I wondered if he could say where in the timeline SF5 takes place, but he said that's something that will revealed when they start talking about story related content.

One disc is all you'll ever need

In terms of how DLC is rolled out for Street Fighter 5, there will be a change from the previous entry in the franchise.

"We have paid attention to the way that we've managed things with Street Fighter 4, and we will be mixing things up this time around," said Dahlgren.

"This is the only disc you're ever going to need to own to get all of the content in the game, but we'll be revealing details of how our post-launch content happens at a later date, but it will be good news," he concluded.

Gameplay wise, dudley is good in street fighter IV, but design wise, man, he is like 30 cm shorter and thinner than SF3 Dudley.

So what V-Trigger do you want for the character you want most? Most people came to the conclusion separately that Urien should have Aegis as his trigger, but what about someone else? And their V-Skill?

It'd be kind of far off from what we've seen so far, but Q having Total Destruction instead of just an install as his trigger could be amusing.

How are shotos boring? It's like watching a chess match. I find it far more interesting than watching say Dhalsim, Ibuki, or Fuerte.

To each his or her own I guess.

Reactions: The Dave
make Q's a triple taunt
fully invincible
I figured they should use the taunt animation for V-Skill.

Reactions: Shockdingo
I like shotos, but i have a problem with a lot of shoto players, but that is because i suck at street fighter and get caught in mashed shoryukens when i drop a combo.

I don't think most people saying no shotos hate shotos. They just think one character with the move set is enough.

Speaking of Q, I'd really be interested in seeing how he'd be changed up playwise. I wonder if he'd get any new moves or even if they'd change him from being a partial charge character. Also, I'm not sure if by the end we'll only have one critical art per character, but I'm trying to think how they'd make his old supers more "cinematic".

For Total Destruction I can see upon connection, the camera has a close up of the opponent, throat clenched in Q's iron grip. Suddenly show the opponent's pov as Q's eyes flare up and after a momentary break, he bursts into flames as he drives a flaming hand into the opponent's face. A female, robotic voice calls out danger as a colossal explosion rings out, sending both figures hurtling in opposing directions.

Reactions: Shooon
Well like what i said:

Q's V-Trigger would be him adjusting his mask and brushing off his trench-coat. Activating Q's V-Trigger will give him a limited time giving Q's rush punches a hit of armor allowing him to go through an opponent's attack with little fear of losing out on the attack.

Q's V-Skill will be his original taunt animation, however it will not give him his buff of reduced damage on hit. It will instead have a small shock wave that can hit opponents or nullify projectiles Nullifying a projectile will give 15% V-Gauge to Q; hitting an opponent with this V-Skill will give 8-10% V-Gauge to Q. Hitting the opponent with the V-Skill will only do one hit and will have very low hitstun. It's hitbox would be very small so the likely hood of Q hitting the opponent with his V-Skill is fairly low for the opponent would have to be right next to Q for the move to reach.

Other changes that might happen: Ex Rush Punch, Ex Rush Sweep, Ex Rush Overhead.

• Ex Rush Punch: Q will do two punches in quick succession before the opponent is sent to the wall to have a wallbounce happen.
  • Ex Rush Sweep: Q will do his sweeping animation but will sent the opponent up in a spinning juggle state while Q slides to the opposite side of the opponent.
  • Ex Rush Overhead: Q will do a massive windup on his overhead punch before slamming down ontop of the opponent's head. This impact will do massive damage and will make the opponent ground bounce upwards giving Q little time to recover and combo off of.

and i'm still standing by it. Besides, Rusted Q would look not only look creepier than his original design but it could make him stand out just a bit more.

oh his super would totally be either Critical Attack Combo, or Deadly Double Combination. They just give the designers a bit more room to make the super cinematic

His victory pose should be his back to the camera and taking off his mask
then hackers find out that he was really Q the whole time

Sometimes I wish I can tell if these leaks are real or not without having to wait until the game releases. At least Juri and Alex seem to be on the leaked lists, so I'm fine. I wish the Akira one is real.

I miss when we had real leaks...

Like when UMVC3 was announced, all the characters leaked right away, with pictures.
Or the sm4sh vids with bowser jr.

Anyone can make a list go post it on 4chan and call it a "leak" If there's no evidence it's bs

i was going to say that Capcom will troll the hackers and give Q the face of Dan Hibiki.

@Shockdingo Alright. I could understand but then again Capcom looks like they like redesigning characters so... :S

Who wants to join me in awkwardly begging Ono to bring back Q?
https://vine.co/v/eJWqUzam6pY
Yes, I know, I'm a self promoting whore...but yiu all still love me...r-right?
I've got $40 in Blanka costuuuumes!
Depends can I beg Ono to bring back alex?

So what V-Trigger do you want for the character you want most? Most people came to the conclusion separately that Urien should have Aegis as his trigger, but what about someone else? And their V-Skill?

It'd be kind of far off from what we've seen so far, but Q having Total Destruction instead of just an install as his trigger could be amusing.
I'll do 3 of my top 6 just because.

Necro:
v-skill: Opera - sings and increases meter (slow start up or recovery so that it cant be spammed)
V-trigger (mode): Biggest Fan- Necro's girlfriend cheers him on. Necro gains a few new moves to show off: electric command grab(close), long range command grab(slower), power slide, etc.

R.Mika:
v-skill (air-only attack): Bottoms Up - butt slam. Has a bit of a pause before coming down to prevent it from being over used as a cross up, but should be decent for baiting attacks.
v-trigger (attack): Baby Got Back - a command throw that puts opponent in a back turned, throwable state

Vega:
v-skill (technique): Beauty and the Beast - switches Vega between mask on (more defense/less damage) and mask off (more damage/less defense)
v-trigger (mode): The Ugly Rose - equips a rusty claw that does less damage on hit, but causes damage over time which increase with more hits