• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I think this is a step up from panty shots yet I heard no one complain about them.
normally people are too busy arguing if Poison has a dick or not to look at the other aspects of the character.

YES, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS - Christina Vee
@13:15 D...did they get that from Prison School??

@13:15 D...did they get that from Prison School??
I'm pretty sure.
The more references to the asses speech, the better, imo

Watch to the end for the chant of R. Mika's people

P E R F E C T A S S P E R F E C T A S S P E R F E C T A S S

Reactions: No longer exist
Rainbow Mika's critical art screams rule 34 material

Let the waiting begin...

YES, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS - Christina Vee

This speaks to me on so many levels.

I am so excited for R mika, you have no idea. Finally she'll have normal motions instead of those wtf ones from Alpha.

ALL THE ASS

POINT BEING. Only complain about wholesomely unrealistic aspects when we don't have hobos throwing fireballs with nothing but their hands.
Unfortunately using said argument is inherently irrelevant due to the fact that said power mentioned does contribute to the overall unnecessary objectification of women in fighting games. Also seeing as how that hobo is mostly dressed the argument is further invalidated on the grounds that said fantasy does not directly contribute to how much a person may or may not be wearing at that time. Please do not equate unrealism with blatant fanservice.

Is the exact same thing, they are showing of their bodies because they can.

His muscles shows masculine dominance, so, it is something as much sexual as a woman showing her breasts.
I'm afraid I have to say: absolutely not, no.

Muscles show individual power. Urien is showing off how strong he is. You're supposed to admire his power and strength. Breasts and asses, when in this style, are shown off as objects to be oogled at. They're not supposed to be respected, most of the time, they're either a joke or used to push for sexyness.

If R. Mika was just as muscular as Urien, then it would be the exact same thing. It really would. But we have yet to see a female character of that size under any circumstances in these games. On the flip side if Urien was just as skinny and "curvy" as R. Mika it would be the same thing.

These characters can be fine but it's the fact that no counter examples really exist on either sides drives it to negative levels.

I better see these screeds when Urien comes out.

I am attempting the most calm conversation on the topic that I can. Calling the other's argument "shit" without coming up with reasonable counter points adds nothing to your argument.

I do think that Mika's return is a sure sign that the initial release, and possibly the first few DLC characters, are gonna be Shin SF Alpha
Karin's chances just skyrocketed, and we might even see Ingrid and hopefully even Eagle, if Santa feels like giving us something nice

I'm content with ASS right now though
Mika and Yamato are absolutely perfect.

All I need is Juri and Karin and an awesome new female character and SFV is sold for me.

But there is one thing that needs to be addressed...can R Mika defeat...?

4d54a6c767johncena.jpg

Reactions: Lunerstep
I'm ok with R. Mika's flesh flashiness, because she's a performer. It's in character.

I don't care much for the character design, though. She's fun, but the costume is just so... ugly.

Don't forget Siliconera, which reported on Mika first, said Karin, Alex and Urien were showing up.

Last edited:
On the flip side if Urien was just as skinny and "curvy" as R. Mika it would be the same thing.
Do "curvy" guys even exist in real life?

Literally if Rose or another well designed female fighter to go with Chun-li enters the ring I'll be fine, it's just that there's not a balance currently in the game to offset R. Mika right now.

I mean, I would love it if we could get one female that had a size even close to Zangief, but I know it'll never happen based on what I said before.

Do "curvy" guys even exist in real life?
Well, curvy characters like R. Mika probably don't really exist in real life either.

It's just the exaggeration of where you put it.
That image is towards walls of text, not content of text.
You only had three sentences directed at you.

Unfortunately using said argument is inherently irrelevant due to the fact that said power mentioned does contribute to the overall unnecessary objectification of women in fighting games. Also seeing as how that hobo is mostly dressed the argument is further invalidated on the grounds that said fantasy does not directly contribute to how much a person may or may not be wearing at that time. Please do not equate unrealism with blatant fanservice.

I'm afraid I have to say: absolutely not, no.

Muscles show individual power. Urien is showing off how strong he is. You're supposed to admire his power and strength. Breasts and asses, when in this style, are shown off as objects to be oogled at. They're not supposed to be respected, most of the time, they're either a joke or used to push for sexyness.

If R. Mika was just as muscular as Urien, then it would be the exact same thing. It really would. But we have yet to see a female character of that size under any circumstances in these games. On the flip side if Urien was just as skinny and "curvy" as R. Mika it would be the same thing.

These characters can be fine but it's the fact that no counter examples really exist on either sides drives it to negative levels.
THat is where you are wrong.

By showing how strong urien is, he is creating a sexual fantasy, for mens.

It is not "sexyness", but is something sexual, he is muscular to create appeal to the character, he is a sexual fantasy, as much as any big breasted woman in dead or alive.

Does that make urien a bad character? No! He is awesome.

And i've talked with girls that said that they feel empowered by playing as sexy and big breasted womans in videogames.

Mika, Urien, are the same, exactly the same.

Ok I think when you get to the part where start you claiming what does and doesn't exist in real life it gets to be a bit much.

There is a wiiiiiiide range of body types across all genders. I'm not even touching anything you else might be saying. You may or may not have a point there but don't do this specific thing.

...Kay, maybe I should simplify this.

Men don't want to BE the women from Dead or Alive. They want to HAVE the women for Dead or Alive. Because they're designed that way.

Men want to be someone like Urien. Because he's a strong muscular character. There's an inherent difference between "wanting to be" and simply "wanting", period.

Don't forget Eventhubs, which reported on Mika first, said Karin, Alex and Urien were showing up.
That was Siliconera.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...clude-alex-and-urien-from-street-fighter-iii/
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/08/karin-and-r-mika-will-return-for-street-fighter-v/
On their article about the R. Mika reveal they even reference their leaks saying they called it since last month.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/27/rainbow-mika-announced-for-street-fighter-v/

Ehubs ironically didn't even report the leak unlike SRK
http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/08/str...-urien-rumored-to-appear-in-street-fighter-v/

Which in itself is ironic since Ehubs bothered to make an article about the Ingrid rumor.

Reactions: Wenzel
Shit you're right. Flubbed that one even though I remembered right.

...Kay, maybe I should simplify this.

Men don't want to BE the women from Dead or Alive. They want to HAVE the women for Dead or Alive. Because they're designed that way.

Men want to be someone like Urien. Because he's a strong muscular character. There's an inherent difference between "wanting to be" and simply "wanting", period.
There isn't. And things aren't separated as that.

Wanting to be urien? why? because he is strong? but why do you want to be strong? to get more women?to get more power? Is something moved by desire.

if you think that desiring a woman for her physicall aspects is objectification in some sort, desiring to have a greek god body is objectifying yourself.

Understanding that as a person that feels sexual interest in woman, and respecting that, is the same that understanding that i feel the need to be more powerful as a man.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I've got to agree with Dr. Sanity here like I usually do whenever these topics come up.
Women want men with Urien's physique and want to have R. Mika's physique.

It's exactly the same.
Not really, because people want to have these physiques for different reasons.
R. Mika's physique could be desired to be attractive towards men. A guy would want Urien's physique because he's strong and powerful.
There's the difference.

And i've talked with girls that said that they feel empowered by playing as sexy and big breasted womans in videogames.
This is really stupid IMO. I don't find playing as a girl with her breasts flying everywhere "empowering". I find playing as a girl who is just as muscular as the guys who is dressed respectfully empowering. Someone who can hold her own in a fight, not someone who is designed to be sexy.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
I'm ok with R. Mika's flesh flashiness, because she's a performer. It's in character.

I don't care much for the character design, though. She's fun, but the costume is just so... ugly.

I don't mind fan service even when it's out of context. I do mind a lack of anything but fan service. Which is what @Sotherius is missing consistently in his posts.

Even the well dressed (relatively) Chun is proportioned like a 12 year olds wet dream. The only real analog would be to make it looks like Ryu had a tube sock stuffed down to his knee... which I think most of us would agree would be ridiculous.

Even Urien while half naked is a power fantasy and not a sexual one. I mean, Mika is wearing a skin suit (within the context of her role as a wrestler) with what are effectively holes cut out for her tits and ass. Could you imagine if Urien was wearing something similar with a tiny window for that sweet, sweet ball cleavage?

At least they got rid of the heart nipples.
And there's always alternate costumes.

Reactions: Spencer
Women want men with Urien's physique and want to have R. Mika's physique.

It's exactly the same.
...It's not. It's really not.

I mean you do realize how that holds no water right?

They were specifically designed with two very different choices in mind. Both to appease a male audience in different ways.

Urien wasn't designed specifically as an object of desire to own is what I'm getting at. R. Mika was. That's it.

I've got to agree with Dr. Sanity here like I usually do whenever these topics come up.

Not really, because people want to have these physiques for different reasons.
R. Mika's physique could be desired to be attractive towards men. A guy would want Urien's physique because he's strong and powerful.
There's the difference.

This is really stupid IMO. I don't find playing as a girl with her breasts flying everywhere "empowering". I find playing as a girl who is just as muscular as the guys who is dressed respectfully empowering. Someone who can hold her own in a fight, not someone who is designed to be sexy.
Different persons, have different tastes, i just pointed examples of real life friends that i have.

And what is the reason for someone wanting to be powerful? What makes someone powerful? Those are the subjects.

I don't mind fan service even when it's out of context. I do mind a lack of anything but fan service. Which is what @Sotherius is missing consistently in his posts.

Even the well dressed (relatively) Chun is proportioned like a 12 year olds wet dream. The only real analog would be to make it looks like Ryu had a tube sock stuffed down to his knee... which I think most of us would agree would be ridiculous.

Even Urien while half naked is a power fantasy and not a sexual one. I mean, Mika is wearing a skin suit (within the context of her role as a wrestler) with what are effectively holes cut out for her tits and ass. Could you imagine if Urien was wearing something similar with a tiny window for that sweet, sweet ball cleavage?
Chun li got the exact same proportions that she has in both alpha series and SFIII...

I am seriously debating if I want "ball cleavage" to be a thing.

Banana Hammocks.

Reactions: Jutsei
Urien is like 85% naked [only covers his groin area] not even half naked. Reminds me of this video argument on this current discussion.

Also the common 'power fantasy' argument is flawed. Yes men might find Urien empowering, but women? It's not a stretch of logic to assume that there are women out there that finds muscles on a guy as a sexual attraction.

Anyway this argument won't go anywhere [for both sides] so let's bring it back more about R. Mika [this is a SFV thread not another social issues thread which is banned anyway] and less about Power fantasy vs Fan Service which is a common argument on the internet daily.

Objectification is blabla

The design is awful because it has nothing to it other than pigtails, tits, and ass
You could put the same hair onto 500000 other scantily clad tight outfit voluptuous bodies and nobody would even notice

It's just mega boring

Reactions: Muro and Spencer