• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

As a reminder of where things stand for future events/announcements

The worldwide Beta test starts tomorrow at 4PM Pacific Time and will be 5 days in length, contains Ryu, Chun, Nash, Bison, Cammy and Birdie.

There will be SFV news at the Dubai Game Show on September 11th. (Confirmed)

Tokyo Game show will be September 17th-20th. (It's TGS, something has to be there, personal speculation says Karin or Sakura)

Character reveal at Brazil Game Show is October 8th-12th (Confirmed, implied Brazilian character)

Paris Games week is October 28th - November 1st. (Sony skipped Gamescon for this, Sony is pushing this game hard)

Capcom Cup is December 6th at the PlayStation Experience event.

They have been teasing an announcement related to "story delivery" and the story of SFV. There are three new characters to be revealed remaining. Siliconera claimed a leak containing R. Mika, Karin, Alex and Urien, R. Mika has now been revealed. Birdie's card showed scenes of him fighting Ken in every image, R. Mika's card has been revealed with fighting Sakura every image (personally I think this could point to Karin, since fighting Sakura was a big deal to her).

So, since Mika has Hype mechanic...

Kai confirmed for R. Mika's english VA?
*fans self* Oh my stars and garters..!
ca8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
FUCKIN' A! MIKA'S BACK! ALL HAIL DAT ASS!!!

Ok, now that I'm done ejaculating, her redesign is so good. The fact that they included Nadashiko in her V-trigger is such a great nod. I wonder how her command grabs will work, though. The leg grab looked like it didn't travel forward like in A3. Hope that's not the case. Don't think I saw her headlock one either.

Also wonder how useful her V-Skill will be. It sounds powerful on paper, but there's gotta be a catch. Can't wait to see more of her!

Oh, and this

3Ev6K6m.gif

Also wonder how useful her V-Skill will be. It sounds powerful on paper, but there's gotta be a catch. Can't wait to see more of her!
It's basically when you hold Beo's LP. Which you don't really get to do very often without getting hurt (other than assists covering you) I'm not sure it will be all that useful.

Don't think I saw her headlock one either.
She used it at around the :40 mark. She just didn't do the choke thing she did in Alpha prior to it.

It also looks like she has a few more command grabs in her arsenal too, like that Giant Swing and the Burning Hammer that she did, so there might be more to it than what she already had.

Why does everyone's hair look awful in this game?
Necalli used all the good product. It's the main storyline

Seriously though, I'm hoping it's just due to it being early in the game and by the time of release it'll be polished. I like the visuals so far, but I really really want them to fix the hair.

Necalli hair is alright, Ken Bernstein just has his in a sloppy pony tail.

The hair is great. I lost to a Cammy yesterday when they comboed into super, the KO freeze frame had her braid coming out of her face, under her eye.

Reactions: Ktulu
If a small studio like ASW can make their 3D fighter not look like shit you figure someone like Capcom could, too.

Isn't it technically Dimps?

And Capcom doesn't do anything about it, so it's still by extension their fault.

Here's a question, why do you care so much about the hair to begin with?

Everyone's hair is made of clay. Some characters just hide it well.

It just looks really bad. Necalli's looks fine, but everyone else has hair that looks like it's plastic. What happened?

It just looks really bad. Necalli's looks fine, but everyone else has hair that looks like it's plastic. What happened?
Is probably how they are working with the engine + how the hair physics work.

Necalli has huge blocks of dreads in one form, and the hair is alive in another, so, they had to build something specific to him, but it seems that they don't know how to make "Normal" hair.

And Capcom doesn't do anything about it, so it's still by extension their fault.
You're mistaken if you thought I was defending Capcom, just saying they aren't the ones who modeled it. And I think there is some level of quality control as we have seen stuff improve over time, that first demo with Ryu and Chun looked like utter shit, they're not bad now. Hell, Vega looks worse in his trailer than he does in any playable build.

Not saying they will fix it, just saying it's possible it will be fixed.

Have you not seen that close up of Ken on the character select screen? Or looked at his hair in any gameplay? It's awful.

It has one hit of armor.
Well, that helps. Thanks for the correction.

Beta starts tomorrow, here is some updated information if you want to play Nash, haven't been able to confirm all the combos still work but most of them should since the only major change in that regard was adjusting the teleport time slightly and making some lights not link into mediums any longer.

Covers some command normals, every special, CA, V system, etc.

Forward HP is his Crush Counter. Forward MP is a fast overhead. Back MK is pretty useful. Forward Light Kick is the jump forward knee attack that I can't recall the name of.

V-Skill is a good single hit attack and actually safe on block, the large amount of active frames make it a GREAT meaty, I believe it also has slightly longer range than all of your normals, and while it has start up this makes it an amazing poke for people just outside your range, doesn't cancel into anything but can be cancelled into from c.MP. Do it earlier than you think if you're trying to catch a fireball.

Tragedy assault can punish fireballs on read. Tragedy Assault removes meter from the opponent, the EX version also gives you a bit of life. Only the fierce version is an overhead, but it has very long start up, can be decent in neutral or as a punish for a read. s.MP combos into the EX version, the first EX Sonic Boom (only throw one) also combos into the EX version if you time and distance it right.

His Critical Art is projectile invincible, it's very easy to hit Nash out of it with any sort of low or just block if you threw it out at the wrong time, punishing fireballs, jumps, etc. requires the timing you'd expect. You can combo into it, do light or medium scythe kick from whatever you were doing and use that to buffer this for great damage.

Moonsault Slash, the light is safe on block, the medium was at some point don't know if that's still true, it's a getting in tool, though don't do it predictably as they don't need to block if they can just AA you. When fighting Birdie throw booms at full screen to bait his jump grab, use medium Moonsault to counter it, works at least once every game.

V-Trigger is very valuable for extending combos, mixing up with Sonic Boom, full screen punish or getting you out of a tight spot. V-Reversal is an okay version of this, but I'd rather have the Trigger.

Combos, stuff starting with lights (that isn't a target combo such as s.LK > s. MK and s.LP > s.Mp) may no longer work, haven't tested. Any combo ending with Light or Medium Sonic Scythe links into Judgement Saber, I can not stress this enough.

(When combing with EX Sonic Boom, only throw the first one.)

With V-Trigger
j.HK > c.HP > b.MK > Light Sonic Boom > c.V-Trigger > j.HP > c.HP > b.MK > Heavy Sonic Scythe

With V-Trigger and CA
j.HK > c.HP > b.MK > Light Sonic Boom > c.V-Trigger > j.HP > c.HP > b.MK > Light Sonic Scythe > Judgment Saber

In corner with 3 bars and V-Trigger
j.HK > s.HP xx EX Sonic Boom> s.LP > s.MP xx EX Sonic Boom > EX Tragedy Assault > Back V-Trigger >Hard Sonic Scythe

Target to Target link
s.LK > s.MK > s.LP > s.MP Can link into light and medium scythe kick which in turn buffers super

Midscreen
c.LP > c.LP xx Light Sonic Scythe
c.LP > s.LK >c.MP xx Medium Sonic Scythe
c.MP > b.MK > xx Medium Sonic Scythe
c.HP > b.MK xx Medium Sonic Scythe
c.HP > b.MK xx Light Sonic Boom xx c.V-Trigger > j,HP > c.HP > b.MK xx Medium Sonic Scythe

Anti-Air
EX Sonic Scythe xx c.V-Trigger > j.HK > EX Sonic Scythe

Corner
s.HP xx EX Sonic Boom > s.LP > s.MP xx MK Sonic Scythe
s.HP xx EX Sonic Boom > s.LP > s.MP xx EX Sonic Boom > c.HK
s.HP xx EX Sonic Boom > s.LP > s.MP xx EX Sonic Boom > EX Tragedy Assault xx b.V-Trigger >j.HK > HK Sonic Scythe

Extra
EX Tragedy Assault > c.V-Trigger > j.HK > EX Sonic Scythe. For style, does decent damage as well, gotta practice you're timing for this one, remember medium punch combos into EX Tragedy Assault.
s.LK > c.MP xx Medium Sonic Scythe xx Judgment Saber was very useful during early beta tests, not sure if the light kick confirms into c.MP anymore, but you can probably still just start with c.MP.

Move list
Sonic Boom QCF+P
Tragedy Assault SRK+P
Moonsault Slash QCF+K
Sonic Scythe QCB+K
Judgment Saber QCBQCB+P

I want hair to Street Fighter like voice quality is to Virtua Fighter.

I want cuts to completely meaningless shit in order for the fighting to be more fun!

Last edited:
Loving that ass.

Looks like street fighter was taken over by politically incorrect aryans.

Next character:
Pol_f171f8_5341982.png

In all seriouness. Love the moves, the body and the offensive clothing.
So is it safe to say Wonder Cheeks will be your main?

Yeah, forget what I said earlier.

After hearing her in the trailer a lot today. I'm certain that is Junko Takeuchi's voice.

I just want to hear her shout, "RAINBOW!!!!!!" one more time.

It actually looks like the noodles

street-fighter-v-chun-li-noodle-bowl-hat.jpg

I can't wait to main Yamato
who's Mika
:y

Anyway yes, that is still Junko, I believe
it's very hard to not hear Naruto in her voice

Is this not available for Australia people? I can't seem to order it from psn at all. And it says "worldwide beta" so I assumed that meant au as well... I've searched all over the Internet and nothing brings me to a preordering page.

I don't know how much that helps unfortunately. I don't want to be preordering the U.S. Version of the game :(

She looks like to be a hard hitter, her grabs are stylish, the command grabs are said to be simplified for this game, she is hot, she is fun, she triggers people. What is not to love?
Her outfit is kinda stupid, but like...stupid in a sexy way. But still stupid.

And she's in a ken situation where she's Japanese even though she's blond and has curves of an american woman. Why is she even Japanese? Well, I like to think Capcom is afraid of making a 100% American character that isnt inspired by either Hulk Hogan or Mike Tyson.

Ken is Japanese-American now thanks to the magic of retcons

Mika was one of those sooper-rare recessive gene kids I guess

Her outfit is kinda stupid, but like...stupid in a sexy way. But still stupid.

And she's in a ken situation where she's Japanese even though she's blond and has curves of an american woman. Why is she even Japanese? Well, I like to think Capcom is afraid of making a 100% American character that isnt inspired by either Hulk Hogan or Mike Tyson.
Ken technically dyes his hair.
and I think he's half Japanese.

also
latest

100,000,000% AMERICAN!

Reactions: Shockdingo