• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I honestly just hope that the DLC is paced so that we don't end up with another 40-character monstrosity by the end of the game's life.

Considering it's supposed to be LoL-like then that's exactly what we're going to end up with.

EDIT: I really like the music in the new stage. Sounds very Soul Calibur'y and I really liked that games soundtrack. Not to mention the stage itself is similar to some from Soul Calibur.

I honestly just hope that the DLC is paced so that we don't end up with another 40-character monstrosity by the end of the game's life.
For me, i just want the opposite, i want this game in the end of its lifetime having a lot of characters.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are not aiming for the final roster to be as big as USFIV. I'm kind of fine with this since less can be more especially when I look at some games with very bloated rosters. SFV roster on launch is gonna be smaller compared to SFIV on launch unless they got a bunch of secret/day 1 dlc characters.

And yang... While yang and sakura could be hints to karin, since one is a rekka character, and other is karin's rival...

So there is that.

But if the PR guy was right, no more characters that are not common to a sf game...

Okay, i already have my mains in this game, but since the game will not have makoto for at least some time, i really hope that sakura makes in the initial roster, she is one of my top 10 favs in the series, or Rose, rose would be cool.

I'm also excited to see the brazilian figure next month, maybe, who knows, Laura is someone awesome.

Then bother having a response to something I actually said.
I did, unless you're saying my comment (which was literally me agreeing with you concerning Alex and Urien not appearing in SFV, but simply noting that alex was in a game 5 years ago) had nothing to do with what you posted

It's pulling up a conversation that was dead yesterday to make a point that doesn't conflict with what I said, I'd call that dragging it out.
[looks at time stamps]
Maybe you're in a different timezone then, because they're on the same day for me. Regardless the post was relevant and I stand by it until an actual counter point is made.

This whole thing is silly at this point.
Could be. Then again there's people who think simply talking about video games is silly, so it's just an opinion, really.

EDIT: I really like the music in the new stage. Sounds very Soul Calibur'y and I really liked that games soundtrack. Not to mention the stage itself is similar to some from Soul Calibur.

Mmmmph, egh, mm... ehh... It's fine by itself but I don't think it fits Street Fighter. We need more sexy jazzy stuff.

Mmmmph, egh, mm... ehh... It's fine by itself but I don't think it fits Street Fighter. We need more sexy jazzy stuff.
We need power metal, i don't care if doesn't fit street fighter, everything needs power metal.

I dont mind the different style of music. I liked the Jazz of Skullgirls and SFIII, but I also like the metal of GG. I just think the music should fit not just the game, but the pace of battle as well. That's all I ask for really.

You mean like SF3? Cause I always found that OST really meh.

come-at-me-bro.jpg

Karin's promo card said:
she’s back in SFV with a brand new look!

So, "the exact same look" + "tight pants where there were none" = "brand new look"? I mean, I guess maybe if she wore the pants for a hat or something...

So, "the exact same look" + "tight pants where there were none" = "brand new look"? I mean, I guess maybe if she wore the pants for a hat or something...
While the cut is kinda similar, in alpha she is using school outfit, and now, she is wearing some kind of really expensive clothes, someone explained before what kind of, but i can't remember right now

Karin default certainly got more aesthetic change compared to Chun Li, Cammy, and R Mika default

Chun Li: Looks absolutely the same. Still has the iconic SF2 era qipao in both style and color, the brown pantyhose, white boots, and ox horn dress.

Cammy: Removal of leg camo paint and added belt straps on her iconic Delta Red uniform.

R Mika: Replaced heart nipples with heart cleavage to modify her old outfit.

Karin: Entire outfit is different even if color scheme is same. Replaced school sailor uniform with aristocrat clothes. Got rid of spats for leggings.

Karin default certainly got more aesthetic change compared to Chun Li, Cammy, and R Mika default

Chun Li: Looks absolutely the same. Still has the iconic SF2 era qipao in both style and color, the brown pantyhose, white boots, and ox horn dress.

Cammy: Removal of leg camo paint and added belt straps on her iconic Delta Red uniform.

R Mika: Replaced heart nipples with heart cleavage to modify her old outfit.

Karin: Entire outfit is different even if color scheme is same. Replaced school sailor uniform with aristocrat clothes. Got rid of spats for leggings.
For cammy they also made her leotard go into her belly button for some reason. From a modeling perspective I can see why, but it looks silly imo.
They also stuck Mika in a thong, which I have mixed feelings about.

Concerning Karin, I actually like her P2 color way more. The blue just looks right imo. I'm not saying the red looks bad, though. It works. That said I wonder what alt costumes will be released for the games. Definitely classic costumes for characters with new duds, but as we've seen with cammy, ryu, and bison there will be plenty of new costumes as well.

Does anyone have any ideas for certain characters? I can see some Aladdin references for Rashid; for R.Mika I can see a Nadeshiko alt or an el fuerte one; and obviously Vega is getting an alt with his shirt off...

Exact? I've gotta disagree man. Personally I think this is a brilliant way to update her design. Keep part of the iconic aesthetic, but update it so it feels familiar; replace a sailor fuku with a red, fancy, long sleeved jacket with light blue trim and frills, white ascot, black vest and white shirt along with black leggings.

Seriously, just take a look at her character model, they did a lot to update her look, but they didn't change her so much as to be unrecognizable.

Didn't realize there were that many changes; I couldn't see a lot of details on Karin's comparison art in the promo.

Also, I kind of don't know fashion. At all. Please don't eat me...

It's cool, I'm just kind of obsessive when it comes to detail and character design despite the fact I can't really draw much and my sister's a cosplayer, so some things stick in my mind.

Okay guys so far the Japanese voice actor for Karin is Miho Yamada
Not going to fully trust the Street Fighter wiki but it did guess Rashid's voice actor right

As for Karin's English voice actor, I'll take a stab and say that it's Joy Jacobson (the English voice actor for Lili from Tekken)

Last edited:
Someday, street fighter will get quality Brazilian voice acting....

Who am i kidding? Is super difficult for a game here to get decent VA.

As for Karin's English voice actor, I'll take a stab and say that it's Joy Jacobson (the English voice actor for Lili from Tekken
Oh god, the similarities will be too much if this is true.
I guess this'll mean me maining Karin. After watching Vesper's video, I love her playstyle.

Other than Karin there hasn't really been any other V-Gauge gimmicks have there?

I'm saying in that for Karin you're not playing Karin unless you're in V-Trigger, because her rekka mixups are even better than they were in the first place, so you're just trying to get gauge, and the balance for this is that you only have to build 2 bars BUT you get a 3 bar timer as a reward anyway.

I did, unless you're saying my comment (which was literally me agreeing with you concerning Alex and Urien not appearing in SFV, but simply noting that alex was in a game 5 years ago) had nothing to do with what you posted
Me saying he wasn't in another Street Fighter game multiple times and then later in the same argument saying the same thing but assuming the person in the conversation understood what I was saying so skipping having to type "Street Fighter" has nothing to do with Alex or Urien appearing outside of Street Fighter in games that weren't popular anyway.

That point is also lost anyway because Karin was in Fighting Evolution, so there is no reason to argue this because the person was wrong anyway, and getting to this point requires you to ignore Karin's popularity and Ono talking about Mika for years.

Oh god, the similarities will be too much if this is true.
I guess this'll mean me maining Karin. After watching Vesper's video, I love her playstyle.

Well it's turns out that Charlie's English actor is Jack Calabris (Lars' English voice actor for Street Figther x Tekken) and I have to say that the Street Fighter wiki is more than likely correct

I watched some videos of the SF5 PAX matches that had Charlie in them and heard some of his lines
After watching some English gameplay of SFxT, Lars almost sounds way too similar to Charlie

Capcom likes to go away from the obvious list of voice actors so Karin having the same voice actor as Lili is possible

Saw it coming
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/09/...t-fighter-v-japanese-internet-calls-her-ugly/

It's not gonna be her final look anyway considering they have been touching up all the characters since their debut.

Some other examples that I found elsewhere that shows TGS build is touching up a few more characters

g5ZwLXG.png

Left is Pax build and right is TGS build. Ken looks more bishe less rugged now. Hair doesn't look quite as bad.

TMXnjAI.png

Left is TGS build and right is Pax build. Claw looks more cocky bishe now.

WSyL9Py.png

Left is TGS build and right is Pax build. Ryu looks younger and more bishe. Not as rugged with a bigger frown.

gkUwKuo.png

Left is TGS build and right is Pax build. Cammy is less duckface with more smaller gentle features.

Note that TGS build only changed the icons on the HUD, but the HUD so far has reflect the actual models. The models have not changed to reflect the icons yet, but safe to say it will eventually.

I mean, almost everyone in the game still needs work, and since we've seen them change over time I don't know why people bother pointing it out anymore.

Everyone was fine with SFIV looking like shit.

I mean, almost everyone in the game still needs work, and since we've seen them change over time I don't know why people bother pointing it out anymore.

Everyone was fine with SFIV looking like shit.
Probably they think it's because they cause a bad uproar that it is at least one of the factors why they end up changing it some more. Then every-time they see a change they feel encouraged to do it some more because they feel they have some form of power into the development process whether true or not.

I mean I know Ken was a popular character to point out how 'ugly' he is everywhere since his SFV debut, but it's not gonna help change that if everyone keeps silent about it through their logic. Not that I agree that bitching about it on social media is the best way to go about it, but it's not exactly an unheard of tactic and plenty of developers cave to consumer out-roars which again encourages them to believe they have strong power united.

SFIV was also more cartoony/anime compared to a more 'realistic' looking SFV [at least initially] which might have scratched their Japanese fans the wrong way.

It must be fun knowing you can have your way after enough complaining because you have a domestic advantage. I just hope they don't make Karin "moe" like they did with Cammy's alt.

"she looks like a Fist of the North Star character"
i thought that article was supposed to be voicing the outrage, not compliments

I'd love it if one of Karin's costumes was the bathing suit she had at the end of the R.Mika chapter of Street Fighter Legends: Sakura.

Thinking... is weird Karin without Sakura... but lets see the history...

And I think the most popular (or asked) characters are comming by DLC. So its garantee of a good money.

And I wait a lot and vast cast of characters!!!! I want all SF characters in one game :P

Thinking... is weird Karin without Sakura... but lets see the history...

And I think the most popular (or asked) characters are comming by DLC. So its garantee of a good money.

And I wait a lot and vast cast of characters!!!! I want all SF characters in one game :P
I want all final fight characters in SFV.

Mike Haggar, he needs to shine.

I think developing one character at a time means that they could actually make a gigantic cast and retain some semblance of balance.

That still requires a lot of work and attention though, so who knows.

I think developing one character at a time means that they could actually make a gigantic cast and retain some semblance of balance.

That still requires a lot of work and attention though, so who knows.
Agreed, with the constant development and potential pacing of updates, I don't mind them getting a bigger roster. It's not like they're going to just lazily chuck stuff out- they know getting those characters right is what's going to extend the life of this game and bring in the extended purchases.

Back