• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Man the Amazon is scary. My first memory is of when I was 2 and went up there to visit my uncle. There was nothing but wilderness and I remember him slaughtering a pig.
7iBTstO.jpg

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Dude he grabbed that thing by the neck and stabbed it in the stomach. It was awful.

I don't see the problem here... eh what ever, seeing death at the age of 2 is something that one would remember. Oh well, back onto the Streets of Fighting, where the World Warriors are trying to become the best that ever was.

Man the Amazon is scary. My first memory is of when I was 2 and went up there to visit my uncle. There was nothing but wilderness and I remember him slaughtering a pig.

When I was young my father had a place in Mata Atlântica. He joked that he and the other workers had scared off all the pterodactyls of the area. The mental image of those critters flying among the trees never left my head, thankfully, it is pretty cool.

Man, I wish I had bought "Desafio dos Bandeirantes" or another compilation of brazilian legends. Ther is so much that can be told and used but it is hard to find.

Reactions: Ktulu
When i was 12 i helped with the butcher work in my family butcher shop (butchery? i don't know the word).

all taunts:[MEDIA]
those are some...really boring taunts.
Like I'll be the first to shred SFIV for having amazing bloat by having what, 12 taunts per character? But at least you could count on a couple of those to be really fun.

Last edited:
Did you make meat pies?
I really don't know english terms for meat related stuff, but i used to help taking the meat from the cow bones, i would also cut the meat the way the customer wants. I forgot everything now, 10 years have passed already from that time.

Going back to street fighter, because this is a SFV thread.

I was in eventhubs (because sometimes they have something there), and i found this:

While the gameplay is not high level stuff, we can see more of the character and her voice acting in japanese.

Reactions: Covenant
I dunno, the more I see Karin's new yellow eyes, the more I weirded out by them. They were brown. Did she become a Witcher since Alpha 3?

Taunt video from the previous page: surprised Chun-Li didn't say her classic "Gomen'ne!" in her taunt.

As for the next character reveal possibly at Brazil Game Show being the rumored Laura, it got me thinking of how the roster country representation is shaping up (please excuse the flag butchering)
  1. Birdie (United Kingdom)
  2. Cammy (United Kingdom)
  3. Chun-Li ██ (China)
  4. Karin (Japan)
  5. Ken (United States)
  6. M. Bison ███ (Unknown)
  7. Nash (United States)
  8. Necalli (Mexico or Central America?)
  9. R. Mika (Japan)
  10. Rashid ███ (Middle East or Africa or ???)
  11. Ryu (Japan)
  12. Vega (Spain)
  13. ???
  14. ???
  15. Zen (India)
  16. Laura (Brazil)

They're the other two newcomers according to the leak that got R. Mika, Karin, and Rashid right.

wait Zen?

Laura?

Who are these people?
In the ken bogard leak, he predicted V-trigger, weather effects, and 3 characters: Rashid, Zen and Laura.

So, since Rashid was revealed, we can have more safety in assuming that laura and Zen are real..

Mainly because Ono already made an statement of revealing a character in the brazil game show, during the reveal of the brazilian stage, so, a new brazilian character is possible.

those are some...really boring taunts.
Like I'll be the first shred SFIV for having amazing bloat by having what, 12 taunts per character? But at least you could count on a couple of those to be really fun.

hmmm... now that you say that they could actually sell taunts. That wouldn't be a bad idea, at least to me.

Rashid is explicitly Saudi Arabian, btw
Oh? All I can find is he's the "Eldest son of a wealthy Middle Eastern family" from his character card.
http://streetfighter.com/characters/rashid/

Of the 17 countries in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia is logical, but so is the UAE, and a few others if you go by riches. I wish Capcom would just say where he's from.

Like the other newbie, Necalli, we can only guess. There's no official origin for Necalli so we have to rely on context clues. Like the snake symbol on his loincloth. Apparently it belongs to the Aztec god of the Sun, war, and human sacrifice, Huitzilopochtli. So it is assumed that Necalli is Aztec.

Rashid is explicitly Saudi Arabian, btw

Saudi arabian? I would have though Dubai. His official art shows the skyline of a city, and it doesn't look much like anything from a quick google on Saudi Arabia.

I would honestly be surprised if Rashid were not Saudi since he screams Saudi royalty/Oil Sheikh.

Dubai is the capital of United Arab Emerates.
is from thailand if i not mistaken
This is a misconception because his stage in SFII is in Thailand. Like how people think Oro is Brazilian or Urien is Mexican.

They're the other two newcomers according to the leak that got R. Mika, Karin, and Rashid right.
No.
there can still be a mixup. be careful
As far as newcomers go, that's actually extremely prepostrous since they would have been planned in the story not to mention the fact that this is a video game, a fighting game at that, you're not going to throw away assets and plans because someone talked about it when they weren't supposed to.

Since there seems to be a misconception about the leak though, I'll go ahead and list it out.

Spring 2016 release window (confirmed)
PS4 and PC exclusive (confirmed)
Unreal Engine 4 (confirmed)
V-Trigger (confirmed)
Gameplay updates are free and not editions (confirmed)
Story mode (all but confirmed since they've been hyping up a new "story delivery" method)
Time and weather effects (seem extremely likely for anyone who has actually looked at the stage select screen since it lists time, temperature and weather)
Rashid (confirmed)
Laura (From south of North America, or something, a lot of people translated this differently, but since a new Brazilian character is very likely, take that as you will)
Zen (Not confirmed)
He also stated at the time he had no idea about the returning cast.

Now, it's a leak, and leaks are doubtful by nature, but dismissing this flat out is actually pretty silly at this point.

Last edited:
The fascinating part of that leak is there was no mention of Necalli. But as you list, it has been on-target for many points so Laura and Zen are likely to come true.

Curious to see if Zen will be related to Dhalsim. Like in a Soulcalibur V inherit-their-spot-on-the-roster way (Leixia = Xianghua, Natsu = Taki, Xiba = Kilik, etc.).
Dubai is the capital of United Arab Emerates.
Dubai is the largest city, but Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE.

Reactions: Aden
Dubai is a city, not a country
:y
I know?

I'm just saying where I thought he was from. :/

But yeah I'm gonna go with Dubai. All the technology seems like it would point towards there.

but Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE.
Good thing I bothered to actually look up everything else I said in that post.

Dubai is a city in the country called the United Arab Emerates (UAE)
I looked it up to double check and it's considered a city state, thought not a country. I wrongfully assumed that all city-states were considered countries (like the Vatican City State), so my bad.

I'm now going to be disappointed when it's not some sort of abomination that just says "Huehuehuehue" as its only form of language.

People complain all the time about how offensive Street Fighter is, after all, how dare a female Japanese wrestler wear an "impractical" outfit? Just go for it.

In case it isn't clear, I'm not being serious in any capacity, I've never even seen someone who even comes close to the online Brazilian stereotype myself.

I saw in my old MMO days, but weren't brazillians... go figure

Chun's face seems to have changed in the recent build too.

22_sf5charcomp01.jpg

is it just me or are her nipples perkier in the new build too

look the system requirements and:
sad_frog_by_animeyuuki-d8m1rrh.jpg

If it will make you feel better they seem WAY overblown.

I mean reccomended GTX 960? Really? I have GTX 760 and I can run way better looking games on 60 FPS. And in full 3D open worlds, instead of small arenas in 2,5D.

8GB of RAM for a game like this seems unnecessary.

It seems that for me is cheaper to get a ps4...

Reactions: dMags
Recommended specs are almost always higher than what you actually need and I can tell you right now unless UE4 is ridiculously hard to put on PC that those are nonsense, it's basically what I have and I can run near any game, including MGSV which has very similar recommended specs, above max settings even with triple buffering and even with all that nonsense I still don't get lower than 80FPS.

I mean to be fair, the FOX engine is very well optomized for PC, I hope it runs well on my PC because I just pre ordered it

If it will make you feel better they seem WAY overblown.

I mean reccomended GTX 960? Really? I have GTX 760 and I can run way better looking games on 60 FPS. And in full 3D open worlds, instead of small arenas in 2,5D.

1405417051719.jpg
But i still need buy a new notebook...