• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Isn't that basically a modded SFA outfit? I think they'd rather have the real deal in as an alt if possible.

inb4 metaphor for SFV's development

This is some really interesting backstory.

If this is game canon, then we are getting a big retcon in the entire Street Fighter Storyline.

Costume. Now.

Fdm5NGg.png
So essentially Alpha Chun with a black jacket and midnight blue arm bands. I cant say I dislike it. Why not?

I highly doubt that Life & Deaths of Charlie is game canon, but it definitely ups the potential for more links to SF3 in the future.

I would doubt too. But Udon didn't have material to work on this comic, unless capcom gave it directly, unlike the common with udon, that is building upon what already exists and making up some stuff.

But this comic, is a bit too much original, like the setting, even the time that things happen (war on terror). And how nash "died".

Also, Kolin is the boss.

God Alpha chun li has the best body...period.
3s chun li has the best body, period.

It's officially stated somewhere that they worked very closely with Capcom when making this.

I guess that's not "It's canon", but it sounds at least close. Hard to really say, other than we know Nash is team Illuminati and it's almost certain they're the ones who brought him back.

I find Urien hanging out with Kolin rather odd though.

Also, when someone says "trap zoner" I think Testament, what is a trap zoner in SF context? Because I can't think of anyone who uses traps, unless we're qualifying Aegis as a trap.]

I believe Birdie is now the closest, when you combine banana peel with chain/throw shenanigans.

Costume. Now.

Fdm5NGg.png

The hell is wrong with her waist? This doesn't look healthy at all.

Now looking at things I think that some elements of The Life and Death(s) of Charlie Nash will be placed into the canon, while some will not be. The book is made to pick up from after the UDON Charlie vs Bison fight, BUUUUUUT, that doesn't mean some elements (the Gill, Kolin, Urien and Illuminati connection, his history) wont make it inside. Now that they quietly confirmed storymode of sorts, and a while back they said Charlie would be playing a huge role plotwise, I think some of the elements will make it in. If one thing is true, we've all see his 3rd eye Opal, and the statue in his character art, I can't see them not including the Illuminati over the course of this game.

by the way, they gave any clue when will be the beta crossplay?

The next one is.

I think he was asking when it might happen. To that dude they haven't said a date yet.

Reactions: ScarletGungnir
The fact there is dialogue for that is amazing.

I hope we get to see more stage stuff soon, always wondered about that cave on the waterfall stage.

I'm letting the stream running and drawing without paying attention, when SFV starts, i'll start to pay attention to the stream. =P

Reactions: Kai
SFV is starting now.

and....... they are just going over what Karin does... I've already seen this... skip
They play actual matches afterwards, they've done this for nearly every character.

And of course since I say that they just cut it off.

What is wrong with you that you'd be in a room with SFV for a couple hours and you'd just play Ultra? Especially on stream.

Last edited:
I have no idea what I'm looking at. Seems like a new arena + a very weird camera angle and Mika in the back.

Just because of the camera angle it seems likey this is story mode, which means that could be the NYCC stuff.

They've done weird camera angles for other non-story things before, like with Karin's teasing. Wouldn't put it past them to do similar things for upcoming teases.

like that belt is a deadass give away. Ono this better be some Mixup, or atleast give Gief the V-Trigger of FUCKING IRON BODY GIEF!

latest

NO BLOCKING, JUST ARMOR, AND PURE GRAPPLING DAMAGE!

Yeah Ono is good at faking us out. I hope it isn't Gief and it's someone NOT from SFII or Alpha.

Yeah I'd like to see a Geif as well. There aren't any pure grapplers yet, right?

Yeah I'd like to see a Geif as well. There aren't any pure grapplers yet, right?
ehhhhhh... Mika kinda counts as a grappler now. she doesn't have any of those whacky grapple moves she used to have in Alpha

Hakan...

The king, has returned.

make it one of hakan's terrifying children, except raised in the russian wilderness by Gief