• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Funny how she can't get anything off the knockdown of her super because when the enemy wake up she is still locked in the laugh.

The few laura that i saw (strider was using her), she seems to have some cool stuff going on. her fireball looks very useful.

So what character are people saying she is most like?

So what character are people saying she is most like?
Karin or Laura?

Laura, i don't know exactly, but i can feel some similarities with Abel, and maybe Alex, but i'm not very good identifying such stuff yet.

EDIT: also, people are talking about Blue Mary from KOF, but i don't play kof, but i've seen a lot of similarities trough videos.

Karin or Laura?

Laura, i don't know exactly, but i can feel some similarities with Abel, and maybe Alex, but i'm not very good identifying such stuff yet.
Meant more Laura, I know how Karin plays I played a lot of alpha 3.

Oh, ok. So, basically, blue mary people is saying.

I really love sf4 zangief and really don't like Talos and iron tager, will I be disappointed with the new zangief?

Latest version of the character slide. Note that Laura isn't shown yet, which should explain why some sources are saying that there are three more characters to be announced.
30a9ssk.jpg

Also, the misaligned names are apparently from the slides animation, with the names flying in from the right.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Funny how she can't get anything off the knockdown of her super because when the enemy wake up she is still locked in the laugh.

The few laura that i saw (strider was using her), she seems to have some cool stuff going on. her fireball looks very useful.

The damage was monstrous though. I have no idea how it stacks up, and maybe it is perfectly normal... but that shit looked like it hurt.

Karin's Fierce in Alpha 3 is probably the most bullshit anti-air in fighting games.

Laura?

I think that might get you a partial idea of how she plays considering what they've changed.

Karin's Fierce in Alpha 3 is probably the most bullshit anti-air in fighting games.

Laura?
As I mentioned, she wasn't listed in the slide. Probably because she wasn't supposed to be revealed before they did this presentation.

As I mentioned, she wasn't listed in the slide. Probably because she wasn't supposed to be revealed before they did this presentation.
Sorry, missed that, was this at BGS?

God the more I keep watching this game, the more I keep getting hyped
Like seriously will 2016 come already!!!!!!!!!

Must... resist... Karin... don't need a new waifu... but she's so classy...

I have a new waifu already.

But it is a secret, i bet nobody knows yet.

Reactions: Aden
It's Alex isn't it
See, you say that, but we were just doing Alex mirrors and enjoying it a bit too much.

I want Pitty to be your brazilian V.A.! (brazilian joke).

Do you want me to kill you

DO YOU WANT ME TO KILL YOU?!

---

Just saw her second color. Damn! Red looks SO MUCH BETTER on her! Hell, even a blue color would be amazing and still be brazillian themed

More fun, new quotes:

Karin to Gief : “Your conviction and pride make you strong … Magnificient”
Karin to Ryu : You’re stronger than the rumors say. I see why Sakura’s after you.”
Rashid to Laura: "Wait, everyone emits electricity where you come from? Seriously!?" (Rashid, you are awesome dude. I love this quote lol)
Rashid to Nash : "You can only keep moving forward. Forget about the past.”

"Wait, everyone emits electricity where you come from? Seriously!?"
Perfect.
Except for Sean...

Reactions: Shockdingo
Perfect.
Except for Sean...
And then, sean appears in SFV with denjin mode all the time.

sean needs ice so he can style on everyone with his frosty dunks

Rashid to Laura: "Wait, everyone emits electricity where you come from? Seriously!?"

One day someone will kick capcom's door, shoot all the guards and reach the director's table just to deliver a small, but crucial message:

BRAZIL ISN'T CHERNOBYL!

One day someone will kick capcom's door, shoot all the guards and reach the director's table just to deliver a small, but crucial message:

BRAZIL ISN'T CHERNOBYL!
Goiania Cesio 137 then?

=P

The only electrical thing about Brazil I remember were the electric shower heads and how much they terrified me.

Nobody will talk about the fatty lady dancing with the dancers on brazil stage? That shit is priceless.

Nobody will talk about the fatty lady dancing with the dancers on brazil stage? That shit is priceless.
Dude, i noticed that and i was like: yep, they did their research.

Zangief to Nash: Straighten your back! Hunching will get you deformed muscles! :PUN:

My bud also translated these:

Laura to Rashid: It seems my electricity beat your wind. Shocking!

Zangeif to Laura: Your movements are more precise than before! You've trained well, Laura!

Curious where Gief and Laura met!

It seems that the SFV characters are more nice to each other than normally.

Heck, even Karin, with the intro: "i'll show the divide in our class", has really nice win quotes, of course, this doesn't apply to Bison, Necalli or Nash, but still, even good characters had some really mean win quotes sometimes.

Also, i'm so slow, that only today i noticed that the BGS build of SFV had portuguese subtitles.

I think "fighting because they hate eachother/have beef" has too much of a dissonance with what people have seen from the characters in the past. Now they're exclusively "fighting because they love fighting".

Straighten your back! Hunching will get you deformed muscles!
Yeah, Nash's idle pose is uh, interesting.

More Laura footage:

I want to see how she will play in the final product.