• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Okay guys so it turns out that Lauren Landa is Karin's voce actor
She voices Kasumi and Phase 4 in DOA5, Robin (female) in SSB4, and Squigly

As for Necalli he is voiced by Kaiji Tang
He voices Faust in Guilty Gear Xrd, Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening, Jann Lee in DOA5, Kenshiro in Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage and he is also one of the black ergets

He voices Faust in Guilty Gear Xrd, Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening, Jann Lee in DOA5, Kenshiro in Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage and he is also one of the black ergets
You missed his most important role.
Republican Double.png

Honestly the only "vet" that's not from SF2 would be Alex if you stretch it REAAAAAAAAALY far.

EDIT: Unless... SF1? Technicaly Sagat/Adon/Gen (Balrog?) would fit with that, since they appeared in SF1 first. Would be funny if they put in anyone else, like Geki.

INB4 someone says Joe.

Last edited:
Honestly the only "vet" that's not from SF2 would be Alex if you stretch it REAAAAAAAAALY far.
If "classic" char doesn't mean "old"/SF2 one, but just "One that has been seen before and isn't largely forgotten", Chars which were in SF3 and nowhere else sound highly unlikely.

Alpha 3 (where all of the "We haven't seen them in a while" characters are in) came out in 1998, 3S in 2000;
That's close enough that a 3S character would fit better into the "We haven't seen them in a while" category than in the "classic" one (Which so far has 15 character which were in USF4).

Even SF4 newcomers would be possible by that measure, but more likely is probably an older character who also made it into Ultra (Ibuki, Yun, Cody, etc)

You forget that 3s and sf3 in general was super unpopular and the later playbase was mostly hardcore players. By contrast, the alpha series was highly popular and had more pop culture infiltration.

Everyone remember Sakura and Dan. No one remember Necro and Twelve.

Too be honest my first SF was SFIV and I've known SF3 characters way sooner than Alpha characters.

they must mean DeeJay, it's definitely DeeJay

I mean, the closest to sf2 that we have that can be considered classics, are some alpha characters like Rose or Sakura, maybe Gen.

Like, sakura for instance is now almost as expected to be in a sf game as ken or chun-lo to some people.

But is not like this is important to me, i already have my main, and more 4 characters to learn.

If it's an Alpha rep then Sakura seems more than likely. Rose would be okay.

Here, the Laura and Gief part of the WSO in case you missed

Now, having an overhead that is a crush counter and is a v-skill sounds awesome to me.
Also, her anti air grab looks really good.

And all of her motions are quarter circles, so she will probably be not that hard to use.

Gief looks that he has stuff gameplay wise going on, i still don't like the character, but well, at least is not Seth.

And his super, it seems that he slams the oponent to the ground, and then, somehow, press the oponent even down more and more.

And his [gief] super, it seems that he slams the oponent to the ground, and then, somehow, press the oponent even down more and more.

Birdie's super does the same thing, only happens on K.O.

What makes me sad on all this is that birdie kinda takes the slot of "below average mobility, high impact" character.

I still want to believe Q will arrive in the future. He's classy as hell

What makes me sad on all this is that birdie kinda takes the slot of "below average mobility, high impact" character.

I still want to believe Q will arrive in the future. He's classy as hell
the wait will be long for our uncle Q to shuffle thru. Heck he still has to get all of the papers signed for him to even be considered worthy for the roster in Capcom's eyes.

Reactions: Shockdingo
We need a boxer of some kind.
Agreed.

While i would preffer Dudley, i think Balrog would be a more possible choice here, and it would be cool to have a charge character like balrog.

Also, Laura's winquote against zangief and zangief's win quote against laura suggest that they know each other very well. Let's see what SFV have for story this time, it seems obvious that they are trying to make more connections between characters, and this is good.

Agreed.

While i would preffer Dudley, i think Balrog would be a more possible choice here, and it would be cool to have a charge character like balrog.

Also, Laura's winquote against zangief and zangief's win quote against laura suggest that they know each other very well. Let's see what SFV have for story this time, it seems obvious that they are trying to make more connections between characters, and this is good.

Agreed. I think we'll see Balrog before Dudley... but I'd prefer Dudley over Balrog. Though admittedly, I'd like either.

I'd like both eventually, but honestly I would prefer a new boxer first.

At least they more or less confirmed Urien and Alex at some point. from the way it was stated, seemed like they were priority on a number of loved characters for the post-release roster.

Reactions: Shockdingo
SF has no good/interesting Boxers
As much as I love Vanessa, you are delusional.

Reactions: Woofly
Imagine if we get the little girl that Balrog saved in his SFIV ending as a boxer.

I didn't check [( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)] but that look helluva boy-like to me.
I think it was confirmed some place that was a girl.

Let me look up this.

And all of her motions are quarter circles, so she will probably be not that hard to use.

That's kind of a big assumption.

That's kind of a big assumption.
You're right.

But i mean, if the timing for combos is more loose thanks to the buffer.

All that is left is being able to do the motions. I can see she becoming complicated if she needs a tricky timing or if she gets a difficult matchup, and is not like i'm going to avoid complicated characters, but everything indicates that she is not going to be that hard execution-wise.

'Gief To Mika : “You’ve come long way, Mika ! All that muscle training has paid off”
'Gief To Cammy : "Frowning so much will give wrinkles ! Always remember to smile !”
'Gief To Ryu : “You shouldn’t take hermit life so seriously ! Rustic diet won’t do your muscles any favors !”
'Gief To Rashid : “This body of steel is immovable, no matter how strong wind blows”

Cammy to Gief : “Your power is formidable, but you need more than that to beat me”

Gief is a hella nice guy.
He just wants to wrestle bears and give good life advice.
Occasionally he may crush sparrow eggs with his thighs, but it's a character flaw I can get over.