• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Karin is great.
Pretty sure I ran into you once and got bodied by the crumple reset with Karin :c

I didn't realize her cutout was a heart until that video.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Vega was fun, and got me a lot of wins, so he was my Birdie for this beta. Vega felt easy to play, which is right up my alley.

I am taking a liking to Karin myself since her dashes and specials can lead to some decent strikes. I want to continue playing her to utilize her skills more properly.

I played a lot of Mika and found some cool mic combos, but once Karin came out I just used her throughout the rest of the beta. Overall I enjoyed it and the netcode wasn't that bad(for the most part) now to wait for beta 3 to try out Laura.

Also this is kinda interesting.

Vega was a lot of fun, Karin was a lot of fun, honestly spent no time with anyone else.

Can't wait to try Laura out, been playing KoF again just for Mary, recently.

One very important application of that, the Just Frame version of Tenko will combo off of cr.LP where as the normal version will not.

I played a lot of Mika and found some cool mic combos, but once Karin came out I just used her throughout the rest of the beta. Overall I enjoyed it and the netcode wasn't that bad(for the most part) now to wait for beta 3 to try out Laura.

Also this is kinda interesting.

So is that like an extra execution requirement for an all around better version of the attack? Why even have the weaker version?

So is that like an extra execution requirement for an all around better version of the attack? Why even have the weaker version?
There are certain instances where you would want to do the further reaching one, I think.

Remikz already said it, but you can only do this at the very start of it, so if you were using it as a counterpoke or as a long range confirm, it wouldn't connect.

Someone went datamining and spelunked some neat stuff like HQ images of background signs and stuff. Most importantly HD Eisbahn.

hiuOBV3.jpg

iGMmzSK.jpg

ggjsoum.jpg

Aw man, that Final Fight poster with the pre-jail Cody
brings tears to my eyes
also LMAO to the Mika chest glitch, finally a boob glitch spared Chun-Li
:y

also LMAO to the Mika chest glitch, finally a boob glitch spared Chun-Li
That's a glitch? I thought it was someone screwing around with the model.

There's also an early model of a fan, yes a literal fan, lumped in with the characters in the files.

XWmrS0x.jpg

A large Fan lumped in with the character assets? That could only mean one thing...

maxresdefault.jpg

Confirmed for SF5

Reactions: Shockdingo
Some interesting things came out of datamining:

9LeR0qo.png
Perhaps some early data for future characters. Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
It's strange how there's no Zen, but then again, people have theorized that Zen was Necalli's initial name during development.

It's strange how there's no Zen, but then again, people have theorized that Zen was Necalli's initial name during development.

on srk people are say FAN is ZEN. The rational was both FAN and ZEN derive from a Chinese word and have similar meanings, take that as rumor of course.

We still have FAN and TUT. Maybe one of them was Zen?

Max mentioned in one of his SFV beta streams that there might be 18 characters at launch. This might be the initial roster (also from the article I linked):
SFV-DM-0.png

Classic: Ryu, Chun-Li, Vega, Balrog, Cammy, Dhalsim, Ken, Zangief (8)
Returning (read: Alpha): Nash, Birdie, Karin, R. Mika (4)
New: FAN, Laura, Necalli, Rashid, TUT (5)
17 total. Maybe a unplayable boss character or a Day 1 DLC character as the 18th?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
they could always sneak Akuma in a final secret, as he should be

Classic: Ryu, Chun-Li, Vega, Balrog, Cammy, Dhalsim, Ken, Zangief (8)

Switch Balrog for M.Bison cause Capcom probably is using Japanese names in files. :P

As for 18 characters at launch I think it could be 16 in base game and 2 DLC, which is how I imagined this game start ever since they revealed their model.

Looking at the earlier news from Shoryuken combined with thet FAN/TUT files it also seems quite possible that we might get an unplayable boss of sorts. Since it will be unplayable it's probably Marie/Galactus style boss.

Last edited:
Switch Balrog for M.Bison cause Capcom probably is using Japanese names in files. :P
I think you mean Balrog for Vega :p

Karin is great.

R.Mika's s.LP is retarded.

For me it was whatever her seemingly safe drop kick move was. She's got a massive and safe threat range.

cause Capcom probably is using Japanese names in files
Then URN doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless that's just a thing. His name is ユリアン right?
I'm just being a smart ass anyway, but I still have a point.

I don't see any kind of point.

Not to mention even the "smart-ass" part didn't work properly because there is a difference between "Japanese name" and "Japanese spelling of a name". :P

Last edited:
I dunno… It is super easy to use Photoshop to put in your own acronym. Like, here's a “BKA” Blanka confirmed!

Concerning the Claw, Boxer, and Dictator problem, there’s also a “BSN” in one of the pics which could mean Bison. Meaning the boxer ("my fight moneyyyy!"), known as Balrog in the West, is sidelined with the other minor characters like Nadeshiko. Just because you get modeled a mesh, doesn't mean you're playable. Could be just a story or background cameo.

RYU = Ryu
CNL = Chun-Li
NSH = Nash
VEG = Vega (Dictator)
BLR = Balrog? (Claw)
BRD = Birdie
CMY = Cammy
DSM = Dhalsim?
FAN = ???
KEN = Ken
KRN = Karin
LAR = Laura
NCL = Necalli
RMK = Rainbow Mika
RSD = Rashid
TUT = ???
ZGF = Zangief

Then there’s CMN, GUL, ALX, and URN. Three have already been mentioned in this thread, but no clue what the fourth, "CMN" could mean.

What's Akuma in Japan? Gouki, right? Too bad no one has found a GKI or a GOK

(personally I find data-mining games too intrusive and insulting to the devs. I don't imagine Ono is too happy)

the only time I'm okay with the spreading of data mining is if it's to expose some shady shit.

but not for character reveals. might as well tell kids Santa isn't real to their face.

Reactions: Covenant